main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Star Wars: Episode VI: Twilight of the Force III: A Son’s Destiny

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 4, 2021.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM POST ONE OF FIVE

OUTER RIM

GALACTIC NORTH

IC: Finn Galfiridian

Docking aboard the Falcon, Shramar orbit

The young man who stepped onto the ship didn't look remotely like a Prince, but he was royalty on an Outer Rim world and functionality was a thing.

[​IMG]

Ben headed to meet him out of curiosity while Han contacted the New Republic proper, and noted the over-sized goggles atop his head... and the droid hovering behind him.

The younger man frowned at the human. "Fin?"

"Yeah," he said with a smile, and pointed at the droid.

[​IMG]

"Prowl."

"Nifty," Ben said, attempting some lingo. He felt a blush rising, and threw it out. "So did you know you're Force sensitive?"

Fin blinked, mouth dropped. "I am? Is that what happened, with our shots lining up?"

"Thought it was something weird," Prowl said, drily.

It was Ben's turn to be surprised then. "You can talk?"

"Why would I not?" Prowl said, piqued.

Ben shook his head. "No reason."

"So can I become a Jedi?" Fin said, a bit eager. "A Jedi Prince?"

Lumpy roared from the cockpit for them to move it. Teenagers. Two, now? Great.

The Imperials signaled their acceptance for the Millennium Falcon to head to the ground, but emphasized that the refugees had to dock aboard the Dauntless and be conveyed down due to the agricultural needs of the planet. Fin frowned a little, but stepped to the cockpit as he listened to the channel.

"Captain Solo, I presume?" He held out a hand to Han. "My father told me never to trust Imperials, but I was told this is where we were expected to retreat if the Yuuzhan Vong took our world?"

"I don't think anyone planned for it to fall so early on, though," Ben said, carefully.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)
    ---
    IC: Wrecker

Battle of Mandalore

While Venku took command of the fighters and hurled Bessie's at Yuuzhan Vong coral equivalents, one worldship was picked out for a wholesale attack.

Their capital ships advanced on the ten kilometer behemoth and began firing, distracting the gravitic defenses and allowing a variety of Tra'kad troop transports and larger dropships to launch at the vessel. Da'Gara didn't notice, nor care to comment. His three worldships were hammering down the defenses, and whole plasma balls were beginning to break through the shields and slam into the ground.

"Shields can probably take two of their larger ships concentrating fire, Mand'alor, but the third is the problem. I recommend that when you have landed, that the fleet be diverted to attack a second -"

"We get it, Tech," snapped Venku, as he lead a wave of Mandalorian fighters to hurl missiles at one of the other worldships. A dozen, two, then five dozen missiles were scattered across the hull, half gobbled up by the gravity defenses, and the rest impacted across the surface.

"Fighter-to-capital strategies ineffective; fighters need to focus ordnance in one place and the enemy gravitic technology means doing so will see all missiles wasted -"

"WE GET IT, TECH!" This time Hunter joined in.

As Kar'ta's ever growing boarding party advanced on the worldship, gravity anomalies rose up and tried to snatch at her ships, but techs inertia compensator trick caused a gravitic counter and they weren't prevented from progressing. Some of them managed to retain their shields -

And then a massive capital-ship sized plasma ball hit what had been Jaing's besu'liik and his ship vanished, melted away -

The Keldabe spat turbolaser fire in vengeance, blowing a trench through the worldship hull, and then veered away as the worldship attempted to swat them out of the sky.

"Hey," Ordo chimed in.

"I see it too," Fenn confirmed, and he fired a pair of missiles at the damaged portion.

No gravitic anomaly sprang up, and nor did plasma. Indeed, the voids and plasma shooters now stood to either side of the injured part.

"I can't see it," Wrecker complained.

"Painting it," Crosshair said coldly, lighting up the scar with blaster fire.

"Ohhhh, I see it." Wrecker gunned his engines.

"What are you -" Hunter started.

Wrecker launched all his missiles, and then slammed into the breach.

"WRECKER!" Hunter shouted.

The tear expanded, expending Yuuzhan Vong into space -

"What are you doing, infidels," snapped Da'Gara, noticing way, way, too late.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422
    ---
    IC: Doel Scherp

Sernpidal, Dalbonian Sector

The three ships had a target, at last, and mobilized; the micro-jump of two would bring them close to the planet.

There was definitely a gravitic presence at that point on the surface, tugging at the moon.

A sudden depression in the world, in the middle of nowhere so as to not attract suspicion.

When inert, it appeared to be an oversized brown heart, but it opened a void whenever the moon passed by.

The grutchins had cost them precious moments, but was Sernpidal yet doomed?

The moon Dobido was coming home, so named for a wandering deity in local lore.

A few dozen more ships lifted off... but that was all.

Twenty thousand refugees, nearly saved.

Out of eight million.

Well, the swarm of creatures reoriented, briefly caught by the new ships...

... but no, Adalia was closest, so they went after her.

Xundel and Kyp didn't have long until the moon crossed the path of the... creature hidden in the isolated regions of Sernpidal.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @darthbernael
    —-
    IC: Darth Ramage

Cave, Dathomir

The cave stood atop a vergence in the Force.

Leia knew all about these from her final trial on Tython, where she met herself and also a shadowy figure who told her to kill the past.

Amira of course had no idea, and their rancor dutifully put them down and ran off, afraid of the unnatural aura.

A shadowed figure stepped out; or, rather, glided forward. “So you’re my latest victims.” He indicated himself. “I am Darth Ramage. Welcome.”

“How can we take seriously someone who isn’t even there?” Amira said with a slight smirk.

“Oh?”

She pointed at his feet. “You’re floating.”

Ramage smiled, or rather, a slash appeared beneath two red eyes and angled into a grin. “So you noticed. But that doesn’t mean what I say is unimportant, just because I don’t exist.”

“What does that mean?” She replied, petulant.

“Come inside, and I’ll show you.” He drifted into the cave.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (combo)

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE 2 of 5

THE OUTER RIM

EAST

IC: Grand Lord Vol

Aboard the Omen, Kesh orbit

“Report!” Vol snapped to the crew.

“We are about to break atmosphere, Grand Lord,” said Ivaar Workan the High Lord and acting Captain. His tone was hesitant, for there hadn’t been a crew for a Tribe starship for five millennia. They were literally working from what little they could glean or backtrack from the yacht Firenze. Ivaar held his tongue to repeat this, but Lady Rhea did not.

“We are trying to use components of a much smaller ship to propel a much larger one,” she said tartly. She was working a console that was flickering with light. It wasn’t a matter of power - the Lignan crystals worked for that - but components.

“We know,” High Lord Takaris Yur said. He was running roost over a class of students that had been shifted purely to astrophysics and the lost science of star travel in the last fifteen years, breaking down the small yacht and applying it to the grounded Omen.

Much of the ship was open to space, but the core was sealed, vacuum tight, and a narrow string of wires connected the ships bridge to its engines and the single weapon they had scrounged from the yacht. A pea shooter, Vol growled.

But they had made atmosphere. He, his last two High Lords, three Lords, and dozens of Sith Sabers and students. Enough to start over. The seventy-odd year old Grand Lord rued the twist of fate that has brought Qwi Xux and Beaumont Kin to their quiet Kesh. To think when he has ascended he had ruled ten thousand Sith! Vol was lucky he’d not been killed by a coup attempt.

But the ultimate prize - escape from Kesh, it had been targeted… and now they were free of the two who had fallen to Kesh and uplifted the Keshiri…

“Sith Meditation Sphere coming up after us!” Lord Gaalan announced.

Blood drained from Vol’s face. It wasn’t possible. Ship was aiding them? Vol looked to Lord Shia, the woman narrowing her eyes at the engine displays as if she could divine the future from them.

“Can we jump?”

“Not safely,” she said with some certainty.

Workan replied bluntly. “Then don’t. We are Sith! We should just do it! Before they add another miracle to their list and shoot us down!”

Vol eyed Takaris Yur, his other High Lord down in the crew out, whose face was impassive. With a sigh, the Grand Lord felt his age for a moment. He drew on the power of the Force to enfold the ship in his grip. He would protect it as it reached the crisis point.

“Do it.”

It was a decision which would reverberate through the era.

Beneath them, Beaumont and Qwi would be impressed by the speed behind Ship, even while damaged. It accelerated, and the ancient dreadnought above was burning through atmosphere -

And then vanished into hyperspace!

A trail of debris emerged from its streak of light, and Beaumont blinked. “They just did so much damage to their ship.”

He spoke to the sphere. “Where did they go?”

Unplanned jump.

“We don’t know where the Lost Tribe of the Sith went?!”

I did not say that.

As Ship reached a safer height, it erupted into hyperspace as well.

Nadiem. The Tribe jumped to Nadiem.

—-
    Nadiem

It was a quiet day considering the galactic turmoil afoot. Zara did notice that the HoloNet was down later that day, mentioning it absently to herself - Barriss seemed in a world of her own at present, after all.

But this was Nadiem.

Communications went down all the time; the local relay probably needed maintenance. It wasn’t as if any of the juicy New Republic recovery projects extended as far back as the Clone Wars. No, the Senate had only allowed claims from the Second Galactic Civil War, and no earlier than that.

That was the unfortunate fact when a massive shape emerged from hyperspace, raining a torrent of debris down upon the surface of Nadiem. It was the Sith dreadnought Omen, having hit the nearest gravity mass and crashed out of hyperspace.

A dark terrible stain erupted into the Force - the presence of dozens of darksiders pouring their aggressive desire to survive, to dominate, to crush, into the galaxy.

The ship was coming down -

The Sith angled it for the woodland, away from civilisation so they could get their bearings before advancing and conquering and taking -

A rain of fiery wreckage tumbled down -

Zara, hearing the sonic boom of a ship slamming into atmosphere at high speed, looked up from tending the garden and groped around with her hand for Barriss, who wasn’t there, just coming out of her vision moment with her other self -

A handful of seconds later, Ship arrived.

Beaumont swore.

TAG: @CosmoHender, @Jerjerrod-Lennox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM POST THREE OF FIVE

OUTER RIM

SOUTH

IC: Dengar

Bakura, hidden, Salis D'aar

"What's your plan Din?
    " Tor asked, wanting to see what his plan was. "Failing that. A thing I've learned from history, knock out power, you knock out everything. People like lights and A/C and as a leader, you want to keep the lights on…"

Looking at the holographic representation of the palace she pointed out the power generator. "I'm sure they've got backups on backups but, if we interrupt it for a moment, might make them run to ground, or give us an opening...You feel up for it Dengar?"

"I'm up for anything," Dengar grumbled.

"Permission to assist," said Kenix Kil stiffly, shifting his backpack slightly.

Fennec chimed in. "Movement at hangar level." She flicked a switch on the side of her sniper rifle, and a holoprojector on the side showed a man with blue hair leading a troop of techs and guards. "Someone is setting up Graul's ship."

"Sistros," corrected Aurra.

"Nobody cares," Fett announced. "Din, answer Tor, don't let these idiots distract you."

"I had intended to approach the Palace, direct, and request an audience with Jalynn Graul, the Emperor's daughter. I saved her fifteen years ago, and that will give me an in to set some charges. The Skytroopers aren't anything special, after all, they'll refer an irregularity to the Throne," the Mandalorian growled. He hated droids. "A distraction or two would be fairly handy in that respect."

Fett nodded. "We may as well tug on the personal connection you have to the family. You won't consider it 'dishonourable' to enter under a flag of peace?" Din was an extremist; nobody had ever seen under his helmet. He and Boba Fett had not gotten on when they first met.

"Not after those scum destroyed Nubia and Nouane, no," Din bit. "I have no contract with mass murderers."

Fennec frowned. "More on landing pad?"

"What am I looking at?"

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 (also as below)
    ---

Landing Pad, Palace

Of course, Snerfu was also on his way to the pad, and Aden Kya, was in the midst of giving orders to the Emperor's crew.

They obeyed without question, but Aden had felt a slight prickling on his nape and turned to face the new arrival. Whatever it was that agitated him had to be connected to the new arrival.

He had an air of madness to him, and would be heading towards on of the personal ships present.

Eager to ingratiate himself within the circle of power, Aden took a step in-front of Snerfu.

"High Lord Darth Insipid," he crooned, enjoying his title. "The personal adjunct of Emperor Sistros."

"You are off to spite the Confederate traitors?" He looked up at the marshalling Eternal Fleet. "Targets have been found and all that?"

As he watched, the envoy from Sluis Van, a glowing mark on his chest, ran to his ship.

Aden paid him no heed.

TAG: @Narancia (combo)
    ---

Royal Palace

Tobias Vox had the Hydra agents to activate, causing a bloodbath across the traitor Confederate worlds when enacted, but whether that would save Nubia was another thing altogether. The Eternal Empire was marshalling for war, deploying forces to attack the Confederation whether it originated in Eternal space, allied space, and the New Republic itself - if they were to reach the Halla Sector or Corellia, for example, though no orders were given about that.

As head of the various spies and connections they had, Tobias often worked with the AI's that served the Eternal Fleet. Lana Beniko appeared besides him, her arms folded. "Looks as if we have a new enemy, just in-time for the known to arrive. This could befit us, but it could also draw us hard into a war with the New Republic when we should be targeting the Yuuzhan Vong."

Lana drew up the Corellian Sector, and the six fleets due to reach Nubia. "Six fleets is thirty-thousand ships. If the Confederation hits us at Nubia, they will have a hyperlane directly into our Rim territories. Could get messy... and both Emperor's seem busy with other playthings."

She leaned over his shoulder, a hologram but nonetheless using personal distance and even whispering.

"Did you want to watch their meeting? And read the very interesting bio I have on that young lady who just turned up in the Throne Room?"

TAG: @Shadowsun (combo)
    ---

Throne Room

Gaeriel watched as Bernael applied his personal stamp of motivation on matters, pushing their servants to impossible depths. It was amusing to watch, in all honestly. With a wicked grin she watched the Sluissi representative rush out the room, even as Tobias Vox and Snerfu did also... the two heralds were particularly annoying, but her husband didn't care for them.

After all, the Eternal Family was seven Gods and Bernael and his mistress and spawn only made up three.

Give him lesser darksiders to play with.

But speak of the devil, and Emperor Sistros swept into the room.

Gaeriel didn't say a word.

She merely examined him, and also the young woman Jori Atreus.

Bernael had already expressed a carnivorous interest in her, and so she expected Aryan would want her for his sphere of influence...

There may have been fifteen years of their marriage now, but she would always remember that Aryan Graul had been the man who had an affair with Mon Mothma and betrayed his first wife many times over... and that had Haydnat Treen not died at the hands of Feyna Organa, that he would have likely cozied up to the Kuati.

And so Gaeriel simply became silent, stepping off the Throne to yield it to Emperor Sistros, eying up Emperor Bernael's paramour, and waiting.

Emperor Sistros of course had the mental update from the GEMINI forces, of the deployment of much of Bernael's contingent... a series of strikes at the various Confederate capitals to force their fleets to retreat and protect their homeworlds.

Conversely, Bernael would be distracted by a cry.

From Sekot, his cousin.

It was dead.

TAG: @HanSolo29, @darthbernael, @TheAdmiral

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE 4 of 5

INNER SYSTEMS

IC: Thrackan Sal-Solo

Corellia

Praxon dropped the heavy end of the hammer - live. Even before the sentence was finished, Sal-Solo heard a blaster discharge - and his weapon was shot from his hand.

The thugs turned to Wynssa, who had pulled a small holdout from her pocket and fired again, burning a hole in one of the heavies and transforming the studio into pandemonium -

Staff dove and cried out -

Thrackan gripped his hand -

And Wyn dove past him, grabbing Praxon by the hand and leading him out of the filming area, passing him the blaster. “It only has two more shots. Don’t waste them.”

Two of the armed men stepped either side of Thrackan and opened fire -

While the fourth moved to the camera.

Thrackan recovered quickly. “Citizens of Corellia, you can see that the patriot Han Solo has been replaced by a New Republic double! Han would never support a coup, and an election is anything but! The Confederation marches as we speak on Nubia, and we shall deploy to avenge all fallen Corellians!”

He made a gesture with his good hand and cut the message. He pulled out a comlink and thumbed it active to local law enforcement. “I want this studio locked down. I want the New Republic double agent’s sentence to be so horrific even I have nightmares.”

He glowered at his wounded hand. The more he pushed the narrative that Praxon was an enemy plant, the better he’d look. But who was Wynssa Starflare working for?

Thrackan Sal-Solo opened his comms again. “Gejjen, report on Centerpoint.”

TAG: @HanSolo29
    —-
    IC: Doman Beruss

Advisory Council Chambers, Hosnian Prime and also, HoloNet

Even before the Rodian representative spoke up, it was clear only the Chancellor and the Senator of Neimodia wanted war, and Doman scowled. “If we cannot stand for worlds that have actually been attacked, what is the point?”

She glared at Nola, who she had expected to swing the rest of the Council with her homeworld now to fall in Confederate hands. But it was Isolder that replied, and firmly. “The Confederation may be ripping up our southern flank but it’s also a barrier between us and the Eternal Empire. Let them duke it out while we focus on the Yuuzhan Vong.”

Even Vice Chancellor Triebakk growled agreement, and Kre’frey sighed in relief, pushing down his fur, which had risen up in stress. The Bothan carried on. “Our deployments should deter the Confederation as well, so. We’ll just keep our forces on high alert to the south too. But I do recommend we move the capital. It’s too exposed.” He gestures to Nola. “Perhaps to New Nubia, in solidarity with the surviving Nubians?”

Del, off-screen, pulled a face. He whispered to her. “As long as get all those defences too.”

Senator Viqi Shesh of Kuat glanced to her Rodian counterpart, who was also present on Hosnian Prime. “Wherever is safest for the Senate is best,” opined Viqi carefully.

Tobi’s comlink chimed. It was his courier - the one he’d sent when the meeting began. But when the small hologram appeared, it would be someone rather different. “I am Confederate Supreme Commander Turr Phennir. Perhaps we should have a discussion, Senator.”

An aide stepped in, and, looking apologetic, opened a channel. “It’s live on the HoloNet, Senators.”

It was another of one of those propaganda puff pieces. Sal-Solo and ‘Han Solo’ - a very convincing double - but the Han actor clearly went off script and caused a firefight live on the air!!!

Thrackan recovered quickly, holding a wounded hand and looking back to the camera. ”Citizens of Corellia, you can see that the patriot Han Solo has been replaced by a New Republic double! Han would never support a coup, and an election is anything but! The Confederation marches as we speak on Nubia, and we shall deploy to avenge all fallen Corellians!”

Isolder looked satisfied. “Maybe we should just send diplomats to Corellia. It’s clearly going to be a problem for a while and this Confederation jumped the gun. We talk them down, and maybe get the Bothan and Hutt fleets when the other systems rejoin?”

There was a chime behind Feyna in her office. Her lady-in-waiting, Lady Galney, was apologetically seeking her attention.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne (single as Nola, single as Feyna and then combo for Galney with Feyna), @Narancia (single and then combo for call), @Mitth_Fisto (updated TAG), mention for @HanSolo29
    —-
    IC: Corran Horn

Tython

As Renn and Helinith headed off to make their plans, they would have a full update that Corellia, Commenor and a host of other lesser systems had seceded from the New Republic and joined up with Fondor, Nal Hutta and Bothawui to declare war on the Eternal Empire.

That created an immense opportunity for them, as the border between the New Republic and Eternal Empire was now controlled by a new power with extremely porous borders. There were reports of Confederate attacks on Gyndine and Sluis Van, the latter in Eternal space - and giving them another in.

But with so much chaos why couldn’t they just head to Bakura directly?

With Madelyn’s decision, the Council stood and bowed to her. “I’ll get on building a team, Grandmaster,” said Corran Horn while Cilghal stepped to a private room so that she could focus on the Advisory Council meeting.

Tresina Lobi smiled and headed out, bypassing the hulking Mandalorian trainer at the doors. His arms were folded, and Paz nodded to his wife.

“You look unhappy. I heard the war started early but is it already going badly?”

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (combo), @darthhelinith, @darthbernael
    —-
    IC: Who else?

Kuat

Of course, though Viqi Shesh, the Kuati Senator, was actually on Hosnian Prime, there were ways to follow such things and of course the data flowed without issue via advanced prototype technology all the way to Kuat of Kuat herself.

The woman had a past of her own, of course, and an illustrious career. She had outlived most of her contemporaries in the wars that had flown by in the last fifty years, but even she wouldn’t have expected a call on that channel.

It was the old school reunion frequency.

As in, the Dwartii school, back on Nouane.

Before it had been consumed by Sistros.

Before the Change.

Before even the ascension of Palpatine to the position of Senator.

Before he’d even met Darth Plagueis.

TAG: @TheAdmiral (combo as discussed).

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    UPDATE 5 of 5

UNKNOWN REGIONS

WEST

IC: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Arriving in the Mobus system, Chimaera, bridge

The Imperial II Star Destroyer caught up a few moments after the Kor Chokk cruiser became a flaming wreck, Thrawn catching the update of Admiral Jerod in real time.

His eyes narrowed as he opened the channel. “Admiral, you seem to have won our first battle against the Yuuzhan Vong.”

There was a maniacal chuckle across the open line. “The Empire of the Hand, styled after the blue-infidel hand of a nonhuman who seized control of a human territory.” It was Shedao Shai. “I had looked forward to facing you in battle, to teaching and learning from you more. But apparently that is not to happen.”

“I shall learn much from your defeat,” Thrawn said stiffly.

“And I hope to teach you much from it.” At that, the channel clicked off. As it did, the Sekotian ships began to falter, heading off at angles that indicated they were not under control, or falling back towards Zonama Sekot, not pushing against the gravity.

The hyperdrive cores began to glow brighter, and then inconsistently. A young boy appeared on the bridge of the Roadblock. He was bowed, crying. The Yuuzhan Vong have done something to us. We didn’t… shoot those pods down. They hit the surface -

Thrawn, watching the young man, frowned. “Admiral Jerod?”

“Oxygen levels are increasing on the planet below, Admiral,” came an update. “Not sure what’s happening.”

There was a groan as one of the Chiss officers collapsed, suddenly. A medic appeared and rushed over. “Pain, so much pain, Admiral,” the woman said.

Thrawn looked back at the planet. His lips were firmed, and he realised the truth. “A bio-weapon.”

We are dying… stay… away. We do not want… to infect you.

“All ships pull back!”

The engines flared again, the planet trying to move away from them -

The oxygen rich atmosphere ignited -

Zonama Sekot transformed into a fireball that threatened to consume everything in its immediate vicinity -

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox

6. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Tobbi Airskipper

~Displeased~

Tobbi put himself back on mute as he looked upon the meeting in frustration and not just for denying his vote for war but also because this was one of the few times he and the chancellor actually saw eye to eye on things but for completely different reasons. Tobbi had hoped his proposal would fall through because it would've benefitted the Empire, as now the Correllian confederacy was no doubt an enemy to the duumvirate empire as well as the New Republic. And all of this was going on while the Yuuzhan Vong and Palpatine were attacking; what a mess!

Tobbi looked on at the chancellor, who was possibly being swayed by Isolder, and wondered how long Chancellor Beruss would have in the office because with the way she's running things, her citizens might as well turn on her if she didn't exact retribution. As to lead, one must make their followers feel safe, secure, and happy. With the attack on Glyndine being unavenged, it would make Chancellor Beruss look weak and timid. Perhaps Beruss knew this, and it's why she was so frustrated at Nola. Tobbi felt sympathy for the chancellor for the briefest of moments, but the thought was quickly skewered as he remembered that she never did anything of note for him and his economic empire.

It was then that Tobbi's comm-link chimed; Tobbi silently thanked the force that he put himself on mute earlier after he spoke. Tobbi once again put his arms to the side, balled his fist up, and twitched his thumb. Zarya, his chief of staff, nodded as she understood this was code for I must leave, give me a good excuse. So Zarya walked up to Tobbi and whispered in his ear, making herself appear to everyone on the hologram. Tobbi nodded sagely and left the room while Zarya stood in Tobbi's place.

Tobbi gritted his teeth as he recognized that this line came from his courier; what is she thinking trying to communicate with me right now!? With the line chiming, there was no way Tobbi could've unmuted and properly excused himself. Instead, now Tobbi had to reveal that someone was in the room with him; it was a trivial thing that the other senators in the meeting probably wouldn't have cared about, but Tobbi was obsessive about covering his tracks, as one wrong move it could be all over for him.

Tobbi entered his private chambers and answered the call.

Tobbi was about to speak but stopped as what appeared on the hologram was not Rebecca; instead, it was a figure he didn't recognize.

“I am Confederate Supreme Commander Turr Phennir. Perhaps we should have a discussion, Senator.”

Tobbi's face turned to stone and lacked any perceptible emotion, but he was stewing with anger on the inside. "How did you get this line?" Tobbi said with a hint of venom in his voice, as he was very displeased with the surprise, to say the least.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @JediMasterAnne @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  7. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Admiral Lennox Jerod

The Chimaera had arrived and right at the end as well. Jerod wondered what his mentor would make of this particular battle once Thrawn had analysed every detail.

Thrawn appeared, Lennox clasping his hands behind his back as he was well was it congratulated on winning the battle. Jerod didn't feel like celebrating, Roadblock and the other ships had taken damage again and he'd lost ships and fighters, one of those ships being an ISD.

Before Lennox could reply it seemed Shedao Shai had not gone down with the flaming grand cruiser, or maybe he was on board and about to spurt more nonsense towards them before he died.

As they ping ponged back and forth Lennox studied the screens and outside the viewport just in case Sekot decided it wanted Jerod, Thrawn and the rest to leave.

At that...he spotted the blips of the Sekotion fighters heading towards the surface, but naturally. They were going too fast.

What is going on…

And Lennox's worst fears came to fruition when Sekot reappeared, this time as a kid and said to Jerod that the pods had not been stopped. The Vong had unleashed something…

And Thrawn demanded to know what was going on.

Lennox placed his hands on top of his batons, he was going to get the blame for this one if what he was thinking was going to happen.

Again Lennox couldn't say anything as Thrawn then announced what Lennox was thinking. Sekot then announced it. It had been infected with a virus and was dying. A living world killed by those who supposedly worshiped living things.

The Vong deserve to burn…

He nodded at the collapsed crew member. Was she feeling something from the planet's infection or was she infected herself? "Take her to the medcentre, run a full diagnostic. I want to make sure this infection has not jumped aboard our ship. Tell all ships if any crew members show the same symptoms to immediately take them to medcentres".

At that moment Thrawn commanded all ships to pull back, and the reason why was Sekot was now a fireball.

Jerod nodded "Do it" he said solemnly as Sekot burned right in front of him. All life lost on that planet and all because he had failed. And Lennox hated failing.

"Sir" he said stoically to his mentor who no doubt would be very disappointed in him "I take full responsibility for what happened here. I did dispatch fighters to try and destroy those pods but it seems they and the Sekotian fighters failed to get them".

"Shedao Shai wanted to destroy this world as it contained machinery as well as a living soul. He has succeeded. I had managed to negotiate with the planet to assist them but it seems it was in vain".

"It distrusted us, it knew about Tarkin and the destruction of Alderaan. And it asked me about Starkiller. It used some sort of projection to communicate, someone called Vergere a Jedi."

He shook his head "The Vong have the advantage on us now. They have bioweapons. And are not afraid to use them".

TAG: @Sinrebirth

8. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Nola Deidder and Queen Mother Feyna Organa-Chume
    Advisory Council meeting with Hosnian Prime, transmitting from New Nubia, and the Fountain Palace on Hapes, respectively

Nola's intention hadn't been that they not deal with the Confederation at all, but that the Vong were the greater threat and thus should be prioritized.

No response from the Rodian delegate, but Triebakk, Isolder, and Kre'frey also seemed to be in agreement that the Confederation could wait--though it was suggested that they send a diplomatic team to Corellia, after seeing Thracken's live propaganda piece go quite awry. Feyna thought she recognized Han's doppelgänger; there was an Alderaanian actor who had portrayed him in a couple of holo-films some years back--was it Paxton? Praxon.

"Thracken doesn't look like he's much interested in keeping things diplomatic," Nola remarked. "But it might be worth a try, if we can get the Confederation to back off."

"Who do we send, though?" Feyna asked.

Nola didn't object outright to New Nubia hosting the Senate, but she did hear Del's comment, and did relay his concerns--using more polite phrasing. "Will the Eighth Fleet relocate with the Senate?"

New Nubia's defenses were quite minimal, compared to others.

TAG: @Sinrebirth (combo PM incoming) @Narancia @Mitth_Fisto

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Senator Greeata Shychuvooq
    Hosnian Prime, the Core Worlds, but also elsewhere; the Advisory Council

Soon news had come of things degrading, further degrading. Already infighting was working away at them and they had just barely the report of the enemy invasion one day early. Did that mean they were supposed to be at their own throats the day prior to the invasion of the mystery fleet and only now it coincided together. An annals of history headache if ever there was one, many would say they fractured under the stress, that they were weak.

Smoothing her robes she let the others talk. And talk. It was a wonderful stalling tactic as Senators by very nature were given the gift not only of gab and graft, but of hyperbole as well. Shaking her head she sighed, slumping in her chair slightly as the other continued, before rallying her sparkling eyes as they stared at the galactic map. "This cannot wait! Does this not show my very concern - in a new light? I expected the enemy at our rear to take advantage and others in that very same fear have rallied and broken this governmental union with a rent across our rears! Yet all you want to do is move the capital? Send a few paltry diplomats? What of our people trapped on the other side of that line fellow senators? How many more worlds will turn their backs on this Republic out of fear? How many soldiers will turn their ships home and how will our fleets be diminished if we do not hold our own people together! We must rally to the enemy without, but we cannot leave the enemy within to grow like a cancer hoping that it will simply get better if left alone, all the while it will grow and consume more of our systems and peoples and resources until die in our harness with our back to them and our faces toward Palpatine. We must show strength and we must enforce unity. Or this body will not survive the year, let alone the decade ahead."

Leaning back she waited and watched. So many things and so little time.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @Narancia , @JediMasterAnne

10. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Combo with the GM

IC: Senator Nola Deidder, Delan Deidder, Chancellor Doman Beruss, Prince Isolder, Traest Kre'frey, Queen Mother Feyna Organa-Chume, and Lady Galney

Advisory council meeting with Hosnian Prime, New Nubia, and Hapes

Feyna muted her mic, speaking only to Isolder. "I was thinking, could we offer up Star Home for the Senate?" It was the flagship of the Hapan Queen Mothers, a travel-ready replica of the terrestrial Fountain Palace, but Feyna personally found it entirely ostentatious, and generally avoided using it. If she had to travel, she either took her personal ship, or for official purposes, one of Home Fleet's smaller cruisers. "I won't override Nola if she accepts, but having a mobile base for the Senate might not hurt, as things heat up again."

Before he could reply, a chime sounded behind them, prompting a frown. If someone was bothering them during a meeting, it was usually important--otherwise, everyone knew to wait until after. She didn't like to step away, but Airskipper had gone out now, too. "Think about it while I handle that?" She kissed his cheek and stepped out into the corridor, finding one of her ladies-in-waiting there, looking apologetic. Lady Galney was the younger sister of the Ducha of Terephon, if Feyna remembered the family trees correctly.

"What is it?" Feyna asked, concerned.

Isolder mused over that. A mobile Senate was a safer one, even as Nola asked about the Eighth Fleet. Like the Seventh now stationed at Kuat, it was a Hapan asset lent to the New Republic, so when she asked for it, Isolder keyed the comlink and answered. “I expect New Nubia to be afforded every defence that Hosnian Prime was. Both dreadnoughts, and the Eighth. It’s making itself a target.”

Kre’frey looked like he wanted to argue, but he had asked to move the capital so it was what it was. Winter and Triebakk spoke up in support of they, and Doman actually glared daggers at Isolder for the briefest of moments.

Lady Galney curtsied, and looked most apologetic. “Queen Mother, I am so very sorry, but I wanted to let you know that we have had an increase in the security alert for the Palace. Apparently it is as a result of several disconnected incidents - mainly isolated static in the surveillance system. I wanted to enquire as to whether you wanted me to place the Palace on full alert, and confirm the location of the rest of the Royal Family.”

Simple words, small words, but with potential either way. An under-reaction could be fatal, but an overreaction could feed rumours that she was paranoid. There had been grumbles among the nobles about committing so heavily to the New Republic, after all. Nothing serious, but enough to be reported, and there was no growing group of malcontents like had telegraphed there Corellia-Commenori secession.

Nola saw the looks from Kre'frey and the Chancellor, their annoyance at Isolder; it would seem that they wished to continue defending Hosnian Prime, even if the Senate wasn't there. Or perhaps the irritation was because Isolder had spoken for them, but the Eighth fleet consisted of Hapan ships--he was allowed to have a say in its deployment.

There seemed to be a divide forming within the council, and this was definitely not a good time for it.

And Nola was beginning to wonder if the benefits of hosting the Senate outweighed the risks. 'Solidarity,' and spotlighting the Nubian refugees was all well and good, but was it worth putting a giant target on their backs? If they were attacked, they could lose everything they'd accomplished in the past fifteen years, and have to start all over again--again.

"Perhaps we should explore other options first?..."

In the corridor with Lady Galney, Feyna pursed her lips at the news, but it didn't sound like anything too worrisome.

"No to the first, but yes to the second--let's not raise the alert level any higher just yet, but do check on the children.

"Are we writing off the static as purely a technical error?"

Even if it was something as small as a system glitch, it ought to be addressed so that it didn't keep happening, lest it become an issue when there really was a security problem.

The annoyance of Doman Beruss and Traest Kre'frey - usually a supporter of Feyna in all matters - diverged.

"We shouldn't be appeasing the Confederation by naming our capital as New Nubia -"

"I had wanted to send the dreadnought holding at Hosnian Prime to the front -"

Ah, Isolder reasoned; Doman was thinking about Corellia, and Kre'frey about the war. "I can only speak for the Eighth Fleet," he said, looking to Nola. "Any other assets should be deployed wherever the Supreme Commander sees fit."

Kre'frey had in mind the Star Defender Viscount, three kilometers of firepower and heavy shields.

Doman realised Kre'frey wasn't coming to her aid, and softened her features. The Chancellor wished she could mute the conversation like the others appeared to be. But she was here, with the Rodian and Kuati representatives.

Del chimed in, another whisper. "With the Eighth Fleet we'll be safe enough, that's five thousand ships. If you want the Viscount too I'm not sure the Advisory Council will support you." Winter and Triebakk were looking at Nola for input. The Neimodian representative was on mute.

As for Galney, she pouted slightly. "The static seems to be travelling, which is the only odd thing about it. But its momentary."

"I will however of course personally check on the children."

Isolder frowned, half-listening.

Nola was becoming increasingly uneasy with the rising tensions between councilors, and the outburst from the Rodian senator didn't exactly help matters.

"We could manage without a dreadnought, but if the Chancellor is not agreeable to New Nubia as a temporary capital, then perhaps we should look for another solution."

If nothing else was suggested, Nola would accept the Senate's move to New Nubia, but she'd put the ball in Doman's court, basically.

Feyna's eyes narrowed curiously--traveling? "Get a technician to check the system, and have a guard review the footage from the affected areas to make sure nothing's amiss--just to be thorough.

"The children were at their lessons--if they're finished, they can stay in the playroom until we've wrapped up this meeting."

Doman pouted. "New Nubia makes the most sense," she said. "If we aren't going to confront the Confederation directly, we may as well stand beside the Nubians that survived. The capital is exposed at Hosnian Prime, and it makes sense to consolidate near Kuat, Coruscant and Hapes. We've been on Hosnian for long enough as it is."

Her tone assumed some finality, largely for the Rodian Senator.

Nola nodded. That was settled, at least.

Galney nodded. "I shall make the notification." There was a ping, and she produced her datapad. "A thousand apologies, Queen Mother, but there has been another static burst, this time even deeper in the Palace! Not three rooms over from us. I shall go and inspect it myself!"

She went to turn and leave.

Feyna's eyes widened for a moment as Galney turned away, but she recovered and started after her. "I'll come with you." Just in case.

TAG: @Sinrebirth (Feyna-Galney combo TBC) @Mitth_Fisto @Narancia

11. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    Combo with the GM.

IC: Snerfu and Aden Kya

Snerfu kept chortling while his honor guards kept singing the Anubi's glorious war song. But the appearance of Aden Kya took away all the excitement out of Snerfu; his honor guards noticed this change and stopped their bellows.

The Emperors allowed him to live?

Then the upstart tried to converse with him, attempting to get in good graces with Snerfu, a shallow attempt which Snerfu saw through; he wasn't a fool. But it came as a real surprise to Snerfu as Aden revealed that he was the new high lord. Whether Snerfu liked it or not, this fool was recognized and elevated by the Emperor's command. So the herald nodded and offered his hand for Aden to shake.

"Well, met Vlákas," Snerfu said with a slight smile. "I must admit I am...emviróntitos, stunned, at your survival and ascension. But yes, I am headed off to kill all the gentiles. What is your assignment?"

vlákas = idiot, emviróntitos = stunned

Snerfu sent the force directly to his hand; he wanted to give Aden a proper lesson on etiquette.

“I am to escort the Emperor to a treasure trove of Sith Holocrons that I have gathered. Four, with a variety of lessons to be taught - from hunger to immortality.” His eyes glittered as he took the hand of the Herald -

As Aden took Snerfu's hand, the herald would smile, and his honor guards would start to giggle in the background. Snerfu would tighten his grip on the high lord's hand, slowly increasing, intending to stop short of breaking his wrist, but a fracture wasn't off the table.

"I don't trust you; I personally think you're a gentile who ignored my God Emperor Berneal."

Snerfu started to use cryokinesis on Aden's arm; a little frostbite never killed anyone, right?

"If it were up to me, I'd skin you alive and make you watch as your skin would become my new coat."

Snerfu sighed, "But it's not up to me, sadly. So I'll have to settle for this. But remember this moment, and the next time I see you, you better be worshipping Berneal properly."

Snerfu pulled his arm back and walked away, "Tell Emperor Graal, and I won't be so subtle next time."

Aden grimaced as his arm began to freeze and pain followed, and in retaliation, he placed a hand on Snerfu's opposite shoulder. Snerfu went to walk away, but he wasn't having any of it. His hand electrified, and energy coruscated from him into the herald. "I'll be sure to tell Emperor Graul that you would rather I worship Emperor Bernael more than him."

Snerfu fell to one knee and grunted in...pleasure?

Aden underestimated the insanity of the herald; pain and death were his religion. And he was afraid of neither; instead of finding the retribution, Snerfu wincing in pain, all he would see was a laughing Anubi rising to their feet.

Snerfu quickly pivoted, facing Aden, his body smoking from the lightning, but it didn't appear to matter to Snerfu at all.

"You dare talk back to me, boy; I am the herald of BOTH Emperors."

Snerfu blew a whistle, and of Snerfu's honor guards circled Aden and pointed their weapons at him.

"Even if you told Emperor Graal this, he won't believe you. You're only an upstart."

Snerfu took off his ceremonial coat and pulled out his one-handed force imbued scythe.

"So since you think you're so tough, Vlákas. Show me what made Emperor Graal believe you are worthy of being a high lord."

Aden shook off the icy leavings and regarded the smoking, pained, Snerfu. Was he aroused by this?

With a shake of his head, Aden held up his hands. "I'm a lover, not a fighter, I'm afraid. Self-taught by a bunch of Holocrons... more Force user than Force brawler, know what I mean?"

"But sure, kill me, and see how your Emperors respond?"

Snerfu's laughter quickly became one of utter disgust. The boy truly did not deserve the title; he had grit, but he'd rather fight with words and dance around conflict rather than face it head-on. There were some enemies that you couldn't reason with; Snerfu was one of them; he had a feral dog's mentality. And how do you get a wild dog to respect you?

"You say you're a lover, but here you are laying your hands on a herald and talking back."

Snerfu snorted, then he spat on the ground.

"You do have the Emperor's protection but to what extent? I am also valuable to Emperor Graal as both he and Emperor Berneal regard me as their property, and they're right."

Snerfu knew what the term property in this instance fully connotated, and he agreed with it.

"But you're also right. I can't kill you."

A pause.

"But you could be missing a limb or two and still serve Emperor Graal, I'm sure there are medical stations aboard the ship, so it won't be too much of an inconvenience."

Snerfu smiled and snapped his fingers, and one of his honor guards moved to stab Aden in the calf.

"And no," Aden squeezed his fists, and the honor guard froze mid-move. He floated above them, unable to move, and Aden twisted his hands. Bones broke, and pain emerged into the Force - for the man could not speak - and he collapsed to the floor. Aden kept a finger and thumb pinched, holding the man's mouth shut as he cried in agony.

"I'll inconvenience you if you continue to try me." His other hand brought up the guard's blade with the Force, and Aden sent it hurtling at Snerfu's neck in a lightning-fast move.

Snerfu watched in amazement as the upstart mangled the body of one of his honor guards. The poor sap didn't stand a chance.

As Snerfu looked up, he saw the guard's blade flying directly at his jugular with scorching speeds. But Snerfu caught it nonetheless thought it came dangerously close to puncturing his throat.

The other honor guards began to growl and moved to avenge their broken comrade, who was now whimpering. None of Snerfu's honor guards had the herald's incredible tolerance for pain. So it was no surprise that the weakling cried in agony like this.

"Na stamatísei."

"Stop."
    "

The honor guards froze in place and lowered their weapons. Snerfu regarded the situation and walked up to Aden until he was face to face with the high lord and stabbed his broken honor guard in the neck with his own blade, killing him.

Snerfu laughed as he finally saw it, the spark that the Emperors saw within this upstart. The herald just wanted to see if Aden was either a simpering weakling or one who truly deserved the title. It's not that he questioned Graal's decision; he just needed to see this spark for himself.

Snerfu now saw the true Aden Kya, which was most definitely worthy of Snerfu's respect. Or maybe Aden figured out that to gain Snerfu's respect, one must display absolute dominance and power in their own way.

"Eíste áxios tou sevasmoú mou Darth Insipid."

"You are worthy of my respect Darth Insipid."

Snerfu's entire demeanor towards Aden changed completely; he was now as cordial and friendly to Aden as he was to Tobias, a high honor!

"I am now an ally, and I eagerly await for our paths to cross again, Darth Insipid; safe travels."

Snerfu whistled to his guards, and they quickly ran past Aden and followed Snerfu to his flagship.

Aden did not react to the death of the guard; indeed, he was suitably impressed.

Darth Insipid.

The name rolled around his mind a few more times, and he grinned.

His ancient Tionese was rusty (read: Greek), but he appreciated the sentiment.

"We are indeed allies, Lord Snerfu. May the Dark forever favour you."

At that, he turned away to prepare Emperor Bernael's ship.

The Sluissi representative's ship was, similarly, powering up.

TAG: @Sinrebirth (@darthbernael @HanSolo29 @Shadowsun )- Mentioned

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  12. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Han Solo, Ben Solo, Lumpawaroo (Lumpy), Fin Galfridian

As Han waited to make sure his message went through he could hear his son and the Prince yakking away in the corridor.

Whilst he waited a transmission came over the HoloNet. A man, looking rather like his twin, spoke live on air and it looked like his cousin was causing trouble again. But this double suddenly went off sctipt. Han turned it off.

"Family eh?" Han looked at Lumpy and shook his head "Need a better double too, that one does'nt talk the way I do. But it seems cousin Thrackan is makin' good on these threats"

Lumpy roared at the two to move it and Han had to chuckle "You're gettin' just as grumpy as me pal".

He turned and saw Finn finally joining them Yeah i'm Han Solo, Captain' or General I don't mind either." Han shook the others hand "Welcome aboard Your Highness".

He certainly was'nt dressed like a Prince.

He nodded at Lumpy to take the Falcon down "Sorry about your father, we did our best but the main thing was that he wanted you safe n sound. The Vong caught us all by surprise, didn't think they would show up early".

"Luckily we were there, we were doin' some investigatin' and bang Vong fleet showed up. You also may have had infiltrators in your midst so the Vong had even more of a head start".

"As for Imperials? Would'nt trust 'em as far as I could throw 'em. But gotta play nice as we are now bosom buddies. And we are about to be treated as guests of honour".

“I mean you are a Hero of the Galaxy, General,” Fin said, as Ben rolled his eyes slightly. Ben thought heroes should be regal lords and swashbuckling knights…

… sometimes Han leaned too hard into his grouchy space bum persona, and it was occasionally hard to remember that Han had smuggled spice for the Hutts until the Second Civil War. Ben was alternately the son of a lauded hero, or the son of a criminal who lucked out.

He shook it aside as Fin continued. “But forgive me if I don’t put on my best manners for an Imperial Moff.” Lumpy rumbled a laugh, and Fin eyed Han. “Are we getting changed for a dinner? There is a war on, and the Vong armada that hit Artorias is big enough to smash a single Star Destroyer.”

Han waved away the Hero of the Galaxy comment "Playin' hero ain't my kind of thing Your Highness. Yeah I helped save the galaxy but it was the right thing to do, especially against a Sith like Darth Zorn".

He did smile at the kid's comment about not putting on his best manners for the Imperial's "Wouldn't worry about it Your Highness. Of course they'll expect you to be all regal and stuff but they'll get a shock when they realise you are just as rough and tumble as I am".

"Let's hope that the fleet doesn't turn up before the Imperial reinforcements do. As to dressin' smartly? No idea. Haven't got any smart clothes myself, will just go as me. Might as well enjoy a dinner whilst we are at it. Don't know when we will get a chance again."

Fin snorted. "Yeah, I'm not getting changed even if I could." Ben watched the camaraderie between the two of them as Lumpy brought them down on the surface of Shramar. There were AT-ATs around the compound, and thousands of Stormtroopers.

As the Millennium Falcon landed, Lumpy pointed.

Someone was running towards the ship.

They looked like a refugee.

Ben frowned. "They're scared. Really, really scared."

Han felt he was getting on with Fin quite well, seems they were cut from the same cloth. Rough and ready.

He looked around at all the stormtroopers and walkers about "Welcome to the Imperial Remnant" he said shaking his head.

Lumpy pointed out a refugee was coming "Well that's new. Please don't tell me that fleet has arrived, or worse that we have an infiltrator" he pulled out his blaster and rose from his seat.

"Ben, with me. Goin' to need those Force senses of yours just in case. Your Highness won't be long just stay here with Lumpy while we check this out".

He moved out of the cockpit and towards the ramp hitting the activation button and moved down to see what the refugee wanted.

"They're definitely not a Vong," Ben said. "I can sense them in the Force."

"You can?" Fin said. He frowned. "How does that work?"

"I can teach you," Ben added, a little smug. The super-Prince wasn't so super.

Lumpy rumbled again, and pointed at the pursuit as Han headed down to the ramp.

By the time it was down, a Stormtrooper had shot the woman, and she skidded to the bottom of the ramp, laying still.

Unbuckling, Lumpy rushed down, roaring his fury at the senseless violence.

The big AT-AT swung it's head their way.

Ben and Fin came down to the hangar, looking at the smoking body.

Four Stormtroopers milled at the edge of the Falcon, and then, when their helmet comms buzzed, formed two neat lines. An impromptu welcome.

"I don't like it," Ben said, frowning. He cast his senses towards the Stormtroopers while he let Han decide what to do. Let Dad, he amended, mentally.

Han couldn't believe what he was seeing. As the stormtrooper shot the woman he raised his blaster, there was no way the stormtrooper was going to get away with this.

Lumpy came down with his usual Wookiee warrior fire, Ben had'nt appeared yet, where was that kid?

"So much for throwin' out the welcome mat" Han said bitterly as one of the walkers took aim. Han was about to head back inside and take off when the troopers must have gotten a command as they then formed an honour guard.

"Yeah son I don't like it either" he said to Ben as he arrived, he holstered his blaster and strode forward.

"Alright, somebody better tell me what's goin' on here before I take the Falcon and go report what's happened to the Chancellor. Because shootin' refugees does not look good".

Ben and Fin were besides Han, supporting him on either side. Ben actually had his lightsaber hilt in hand.

An officer walked from the distance milling Imperial forces. “I can explain.” His voice was cold and cruel. “I am Sector Commander Devry. I have responsibility for ensuring that no refugee leaves Shramar. We don’t want civilians rushing across the front do we now? They’re much safer here.”

[​IMG]

He glanced down at the woman.

“Though not all believe me.”

Lumpy looked down at the woman and picked her up. He rumbled quietly, just loud enough for Han to hear - that he knew she wasn’t dead, but she had to stay very still, and he was very proud of her.

Ben and Fin blinked, hard.

Han looked at Lumpy, was he trying to give him a hint. Might as well roll with it. If the refugee was still alive they could pump her for information as to what was going on.

Devry was your typical Imperial, pompous and unfeeling. Han was doing very well not to punch him in the face, or shoot him.

He nodded at Lumpy "Take her aboard, we'll need to take her back so she can be buried the proper way and she will be evidence that the perial's shot an unarmed refugee".

He looked to Devry "I'm goin' back aboard to prepare a report and to prepare the Falcon for departure, I can see we are not welcome here and it seems neither are refugees".

He looked to Ben and Fin and hopefully what he was thinking got to Ben keep him busy whilst I deal with this. He might have detected what Lumpy was thinking too.

Devry sniffed. “The Moff Council has not given you permission to depart, General. As our ally, surely you should be more polite?”

Fin looked at Ben, who was just about keeping up with his father and Lumpy. He indicated with a tilt of his head, and Fin stepped forward. “It’s my people that you are processing and protecting. Unless heads of state are to be disrespected by sector commanders, you best make me the centre of attention right now.”

The Imperial commander grumbled but refocused on the Prince. Ben stepped up. “And I think I’ll be keeping an eye on him in-case you decide to shoot him.” His tone was cutting. “Because after all, the Prince here is a refugee too.”

Grimacing, Devry attempted to recover as Lumpy settled down the woman inside the Falcon. She was breathing badly, but the Wookiee was rapidly treating her blaster wound. “Other refugees are heading here, not just from Artorias. We arrived from Dubrillion.” A wince. “Devry is organising us into work crews, preparing us to run the agriculture here. Some of us objected and were executed. It’s war profiting.” A grimace as Lumpy settled a bacta patch over the burn. “But we don’t recognise the crop - it’s so alien.”

The Wookiee rumbled his distaste for the situation.

Han left Ben and Fin to it, Ben knew what to do if things got nasty. He headed back to the Falcon and knelt next to the woman listening to her story as Lumpy worked.

"Yeah I agree with you there pal" Han said "I've got a bad feelin' about this".

He tilted his head slightly studying the woman "I've got a feelin' that Devry is either preparin' the way for the Vong to arrive or he's helping the Remnant batten down the hatches by usin' refugee labour. Come join us we'll keep you safe, but use you as manual labourers".

"We will make sure to report this back to the New Republic. I always distrusted Imperials but allies or not they shouldn't be doin' this".

"This crop is concernin' me though. What is it about it that it is so alien?"

The young woman shuddered around some internal pain. "I've never seen it before. It's like... we're growing tentacles. It makes no sense whatsoever. It's not edible in the ordinary sense... it is almost tasteless, we think, and we're not even sure if it is nutritious. It's just... bizarre."

Lumpy grumbled that they were going to have to poke around. Shramar was one of the main refugee hubs in the Outer Rim. If there was a problem, the Senate had to know. With Agamar and Ord Mantell, thousands of systems were diverted to specific planets, including Ruan, Duro and Gyndine among the inner systems. Of course, Lumpy didn't know that the Confederation now existed and had hit Gyndine for it's shipyards...

Meanwhile, outside the Millennium Falcon, the Stormtroopers closed ranks behind Fin and Ben as Devry turned to escort them in. "I would much rather discuss this over our banquet. I have gathered several of my officers there, after all." He indicated the shuttles heading down in the distance. "Your people are safe, I assure you."

Ben looked at the Prince and the Artorian nodded. They needed to play it straight, for now, especially with the people of Artorias at stake.

Tentacles? That definitely was not normal at all.

"I agree pal, we need to definitely have a look around. If this Devry is Vong, or workin' with the Vong then he needs to be ratted out before he grabs more refugees and puts 'em to work. People came here to be safe not slaves".

He stood up "I have to be present at this banquet, so does His Highness out there. But you and Ben could do some sneakin' around. The Imperials don't know you guys so much so you could blend in".

"And if anything comes up to give me a call. Any excuse to get out of there would be grand".

"Now I had better get back out there before they realise somethin's up. Look after this lady as much as you can".

He strode back down giving Devry a glare "So, i've decided to play nice and join your little feast" he raised a finger "But I see anythin' I don't like im gone. Got it?"

Devry smiled, looking back the dozen meters or so they had passed beyond. "Of course, General Solo."

The troopers parted and allowed Han to join with Ben and Fin.

Ben whispered. "Let me guess? Bad news?"

"Yeah you could say that" Han whispered back "Looks like we may have refugees being used as slave labor and some weird crop they are growin', tentacles was what I heard".

"How do you feel about doin' some investigating while I have a meal with our ungracious host? You might be able to find somethin' more about what's goin' on here…"

Han hoped so anyway.

13. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: Another combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Qwi Xux, Beaumont Kin, Ship, Prince Isolder

The acceleration of Ship was immense which was keeping Qwi from moving towards Beaumont.

She had now sat down and was watching the Omen get away. And Ship had not heeded Gwin's call to take the Omen out.

The Omen jumped and Qwi felt sick. They had escaped. Although one good thing came out of it, their ship was seriously damaged.

And that's what you get for using small parts on a big ship. She had to smirk though, Firenze had gotten revenge back for breaking her apart.

Beaumont and Ship then started having an argument about where they had gone before Ship found them and jumped into hyperspace. Although how it could do it without engines was another matter.

During the jump Qwi sat there staring into space, the hood still up on her cloak. She had no idea what state the galaxy was in, whether these Yuuzhan Vong had now invaded, whether she and Beaumont would ever truly have a normal life.

And next year she would turn forty one, and she would start to feel the effects of old age. Omwati did not live as long as humans and she wanted to spend her remaining years with Beaumont. In peace.

She was broken out of her thoughts by them coming out of hyperspace….and it looked like the Omen was about to crash.

She looked towards Beaumont "Well I guess that they are about to enter the galaxy with a bang. I'm not quite sure how many will survive that sort of impact".

"So I suppose the main question is what do we do now? Do we take on a group of Lords and a High Lord? Do we let them crash and burn down there? Because to be honest I don't fancy taking on all of them at once as that ended so well last time…"

"And the last time we took on a Lord we nearly ended up dead".

Beaumont shook his head. “Neither. We can’t do this alone. We need to get help. Figure out the galaxy as it is now, and summon every Jedi we can spare - and get as many Protectors off Kesh as we can before the Tribe escapes Nadiem.”

He spoke to Ship. “We need to search for the location of Feyna Organa. Open the HoloNet.”

The HoloNet relay here is down. Ship grumbled. I cannot locate one in the immediate area.

Beaumont pursed his lips, reached out for Qwi’s hand and squeezed it, taking a deep breath to calm himself. “Where do we go? The capital, Coruscant? Yavin 4, where the Jedi are?”

Beaumont seemed to have remembered Qwi's idea that they should talk to Feyna regarding the Tribe if they ever did escape. But no doubt the galaxy had changed in those fifteen years they had been away.

She took Beaumont's hand and squeezed back using her other hand to pull her hood down "I agree my dear. The problem is I am still classed as a war criminal and us rocking up to Yavin 4 trying to ask for help might not get us anywhere".

"However if anyone can request help it's Feyna and she has the clout to hopefully summon a fleet and the Jedi to help out. She knows that I would not ask for help necessarily and if it's regarding the Sith she can rally the Jedi and get ships to take the Protectors off".

Qwi smiled slightly "And she has the clout for people not to shoot at us when we get there".

"She was on Coruscant last so….take us to Coruscant".

Beaumont nodded. "Coruscant it is." He looked down at Nadiem. They were going to be a while, but what other choice did they have? "We'll come back for you," he whispered.

The meditation sphere buried into hyperspace, and Beaumont watched Nadiem vanish.

Qwi sighed as Ship took them to hyperspace again. She shared Beaumont's sentiment.

She moved closer and wrapped an arm around Beaumont. "Is it safe to say I'm scared? Scared of what's happening, scared that the New Republic will blow us to bits, scared about the Sith, Palpatine and the Vong. Scared about the galaxy in general…"

"Oh and I'm bloody tired of fighting and death everywhere".

She looked at Beaumont "So what do we do whilst we jump? Sadly I don't think we can grab a recap of what's gone on these past fifteen years unless Ship knows. Or whether you have any ideas to pass the time".

Ship hesitated, and then began to do just that.

It recapped that the galaxy had fallen into a so-called Second Galactic Cold War, where the galaxy had split between the Eternal Empire in the south and its allies in west, and the New Republic with control of the central systems for the most part and galactic north - with the Imperial Remnant and Hapans aligned.

It told them that Coruscant had been devastated and abandoned as the galactic capital, which had changed from Riosa to Nakadia to Hosnian Prime. It did not know where it was at present. It did however know that Feyan Organa Chume was now the Queen Mother of Hapes, and that Anzat was the secret shadow capital of the Eternal Empire - churning out intriguing candidates for a future Sith alliance.

Beaumont blinked a few times.

Beaumont's expression said it all. Her arm tightened around his back.

"Well it seems heading to Coruscant is a waste of time" she said shaking her head "Whomever did that to it...they deserve to sink into the lowest depths of Hell. The prototype Death Star was disabled so I don't know who did that".

"This Eternal Empire...I hope that's not Darth Zorn. I thought they were dealing with him. And what's happened to the New Republic? Feyna's not in charge? That is definitely not good for our plans.".

"And to top it off, another war went on. When will people stop fighting with each other and work together? Especially against the Yuuzhan Vong. The Vong would love it if a galaxy divided they might as well march right through".

She looked at Beaumont "Guess we will have to head to Hapes. How we will get there is another thing as it is surrounded by the Transitory Mists".

As Ship emerged from hyperspace and sought to get it's bearings, it confirmed that the Dark Lord Zorn died at the Battle of Exegol, but he had already passed control of the Eternal Fleet to Aryan Graul, while another came to control of the armada as well, an Anzati named Bernael. The two of them founded the Eternal Empire, and devastated Coruscant - and Nubia, and Nouane. The Senate had hidden the news of Nouane's destruction.

Beaumont especially winced at the latter - Nouane had been Qwi's adopted home.

At least Zorn was dead but it was small comfort compared to the hammerblow that Nouane had been devastated.

Qwi felt pain and agony wash over her. Her fellow lecturers, her students, people she knew, everyone there. Just like Coruscant and others, destroyed by the evil Sith.

She let go of Beaumont, balled her hands into fists.

And let out an anguished scream.

Ship wobbled, hesitating and thrown out by what had happened.

Beaumont drew Qwi into a hug, holding her, weeping with her and for her.

For a long moment, the Meditation Sphere was silent.

We are now within the range of the HoloNet. Did you wish for me to jump to Hapes, or hail the Queen Mother of Hapes?

Qwi buried her face in Beaumont's shoulder letting her grief out, the tears falling freely. She could feel Beaumont crying too, sharing his grief with her. She held him tightly not wanting to let go.

After a few minutes of letting it all out Qwi leaned back and kissed Beaumont softly "Thank you my dear, you're all I have left now. And if there is one thing I know is that we will both need each each other in the war to come".

She tried to compose herself "Shall we call Feyna first? Maybe it would be a better idea than to rock up in a Sith ship and alert their whole navy?"

"We should call Feyna first," Beaumont agreed, carefully.

The call was made by Ship, and he let them know he was hacking his way through.

In a moment, a comlink appeared. It wasn't Feyna, it was Prince Isolder.

He looked irritated. "I am in the middle of an Advisory Council meeting, how did you get this comm-code -"

Oops, Ship thought.

The Hapan Prince's eyes widened. "Qwi Xux? Beaumont Kin?"

Ending call -

Hold Qwi thought at Ship. Prince Isolder could get a message to Feyna.

Not a good time to be calling the Prince though she thought to Beaumont.

Qwi bowed her head still keeping one arm around Beaumont "Your Highness" she said "Our apologies for interrupting your comm call but we are trying to reach Feyna. It seems however we have caught you at a bad time".

"So I will make this quick. After we left Coruscant we traveled about and eventually crashed on a world called Kesh where we met a civilization ruled by a Sith tribe. Me and Beaumont managed to help overthrow this tribe but a small number of them have managed to get off Kesh".

"They could cause a hell of a lot of problems for the New Republic and if there is one person who can help us and maybe perhaps give a good word to the Jedi in helping deal with these Sith it's her".

Isolder blinked more than once. He looked back at the muted Advisory Council meeting. They were arguing about where to put the capital, and the best response to the Confederation. If he brought this to them, especially from 'former war criminal' Qwi Xux, it would be a mess. "Get to Hapes as soon as you can."

He pressed a button and transmitted a code. "This will give you Royal protection. The Hapan authorities will literally forget they saw you enter the Hapes system. We'll meet you aboard the Star Home; you'll understand what it is when you get here."

The Prince peered off-screen. Feyna wasn't back. There was a blaster noise -

His eyes widened. "I need to go. Catch up soon, Qwi - transmit where the Sith are so we can get a force there soon." Without another word, he signed off.

Beaumont frowned. "There is a lot going on there." He looked at Qwi. "So, Hapes?"

Qwi shook her head "The galaxy is definitely in a bigger mess than when we left it. But Isolder did not say that Feyna would not help so that's the good news".

To Ship she sent send the coordinates of where the Omen crashed.

Back to Beaumont "I suppose since we let the Sith escape we should help clear up the mess. After all, it could stand us in good stead if we help out.".

"But my worry is if we get to Hapes, and Feyna is involved in some other political mess we could get drawn in. My stance still stands from before we crashed on Kesh, we help from the shadows. And the Tribe needs to be stopped before they spread".

“I want to follow this through; we managed to destroy most of the Tribe. If things get political, we’ll just leave and track down the Jedi.”

Beaumont looked up. “Unless you know where they are?”

An indignant voice. I do not.

“So I’m on-board with Hapes. We just don’t give up this Ship. We need our independence.” Beaumont kissed her deeply. “If we’re quick, we might get back before the Tribe gets off Nadiem.”

Qwi responded to Beaumont's deep kiss, and smiled "Once again agreed on all counts once again my dear. And yes we definitely do not lose this ship, we've already lost one and we are not losing another".

She chuckled, "It is a bit light on the furniture front though…."

She wrapped her other arm back around Beaumont, snuggling up close to him and resting her head underneath his chin.

"Hapes it is then".

14. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Tobias Vox

Tobias listened to the AI voice speak to him, his attention focused squarely ahead as he came to his chambers. A private area cornered off where he can study, meditate, scheme, and prepare.

"Looks as if we have a new enemy, just in-time for the known to arrive. This could befit us, but it could also draw us hard into a war with the New Republic when we should be targeting the Yuuzhan Vong."

This was indeed a valid point, one Tobias had run in his head over and over again. He had instilled in the Knights and maintained the position that the Yuuzhan Vong were the greatest threat to not only the galaxy but more importantly the Eternal Empire. Thankfully it seemed it may take them some time before they would get to the Eternal Empire, but the fact they existed in the galaxy at all was not to Tobias's liking.

His attention shifted somewhat as Lana brought up a hologram of the Corellian Sector.

"Six fleets is thirty-thousand ships. If the Confederation hits us at Nubia, they will have a hyperlane directly into our Rim territories. Could get messy... and both Emperor's seem busy with other playthings."

He gave a slight sigh, as wise and powerful the Emperors were it did trouble him that they became... distracted with other matters that Tobias found not to be the most pressing. Of course, being the man carefully chosen words at the right time and at the right place he had never brought this up. The ire of the Emperor's flaming up with a mere preference for one over the other as had been seen with the so-called 'Darth Insipid' moments prior. Still, it was something to be noted, eggshells not to be stepped on as cumbersome and impractical they may be.

"Did you want to watch their meeting? And read the very interesting bio I have on that young lady who just turned up in the Throne Room?"

"Yes very well it should prove informative"

He tuned the man in, and the Lana AI pulled up a break down.

"Jori Atreus, named for her Grandmother, the controller of Kuat - Kuat of Kuat. The family has stayed out of the majority of the last fifty years of conflict, but nonetheless their systems Senator has been either staunchly Neo-Imperial - the late Senator Treen, who collaborated with Emperor Graul..." An image of a beautiful woman appeared, and then was replaced by another.

"... or Senator Shesh, who is now staunchly supportive of the New Republic. The Atreus family could be generally considered to be truly neutral, notwithstanding their control of Kuat. Indeed, it's not clear if the matriarch of the family is acting at all in keeping with the present woman now standing in the Throne Room."

Lana paused. "I calculate a high chance that the Atreus family is playing both ends against the middle - with Kuat in their pocket, they are well-placed to leverage all sides against each other. They are presently defended by the largest flotilla of New Republic ships inside the Core - two dreadnoughts and a Hapan fleet. We suspect that other fleets are authorised to assist them if considered necessary, as well. They are completely unassailable by the Eternal Empire at present - especially now the Confederation is in existence between us and the New Republic proper... much as the New Republic is between us and the Yuuzhan Vong invasion..."

The AI was clearly leading Tobias towards a conclusion, but who could say what?

Tobias mused over the input of Information, the shipyards were proving to be an issue it seemed and a weakness like this to be exploited... Such reliance would put them in a precarious situation, to say the least.

"If you something to say Lana, say it, speak to what you are alluding to"

Tobias tapped his finger impatiently, trying to think over a path forward, one where this small thorn could be overcome.

Lana smiled slightly. "Why not just send another assassin to Kuat? It would be a rounding error, not a purposely act." The AI shrugged. "The Emperor's won't want to be played by the Atreus family, after all. So we should just... nudge things along, and see if Jori Junior is sincere..."

"And it'll cause havoc for the New Republic if Kuat changes sides, or even withdraws to neutrality..."

The AI pulled a very human face of disdain. "And at present the Eternal Empire has no major shipyards with the withdrawal of Fondor and crippling of Sluis Van..."

Tobias gave a sigh, he was hoping that the AI assistant would've had some had a solution that did not require assassination, but well the solution almost always ended up that way. The situation was a delicate one if he succeeded and the target was eliminated he would be praised beyond measure but if his agent failed that would only cause to jeopardize the situation.

"What would you say is the probability of success?"

"On a war footing where the New Republic is wary of Yuuzhan Vong infiltrators rather than traditional ones?"

She hesitated as she wondered aloud and calculated silently. "A traditional assassin is more likely to succeed now and than after we use assassins on the Hutts, Bothans and Tapani Lords, but we have an increased success rate at present while the New Republic likely believes the Confederation will act as a bulwark between the Eternal Empire and then. In short; they will not be looking our way as long as the Confederation guards their rear."

Tobias thought for a moment more, his caution had befallen him well in his rise to the Eye of Nevet, nevertheless, fortune favors the bold.

"Very well, it shall be so"

He then proceeded to go about the means to set up the assassination, making sure that it was one that it failed would be difficult to trace the origins of the orders directly to him. Although of course if it did succeed it would be able to claim it all the same. A cruel smile past onto his lips, oh how he enjoyed this game.

Lana nodded. "I am glad that you appreciate the need to not just be ruthless but to show initiative, Lord Vox."

With that, the AI planted a kiss on his cheek and vanished.

She had achieved her goal for the day; Kuat had been a symbolic failure years ago by the Eternal Empire and of course she wanted to erase that stain.

After Tobias gave the orders he remained in his quarters musing to himself, his eyes closed in contemplation.

So many moving pieces, so much chaos. Tobias found that he thrived in chaos, it allowed men like him to rise to new heights, claiming what should be theirs. He began to wonder to himself the next steps in his plan, where did he go from him.

He still had many unanswered questions about the extent of the twin Emperor's powers. It seemed like that of gods, unknowable, all-powerful, unending. To have such power, for such beings to exist... it was beyond what Tobias thought was possible.

15. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Ka'rta
    Mandalore

The space filled with troop transports as the Iron Hand Squadron moved in closer to the lead worldship. Good they were going to need every Vode they had to take on that monster. A snarl grew under her helmet as missile after missile was swallowed up. Though she did notice that some were getting through.

"Spread out your attacks, their protection only covers so many attacks at once." She called out falling into a lead position of the ever expanding boarding party. Attacks were coming in and she was doing her best to avoid it. Others were not so lucky, but that was combat, that was war. Every mandalorian accepted that. Death was constant, and stalked every warrior. There was no escape, the only thing you could do was leave a legacy behind you, leave your memory in the minds of those that served beside you.

The lessons were being learned quickly on the battlefield. The power of the weapons brought against them taught by the loss of Jaing, and the mortality of the worldships by the turbolasers tearing a tench in the surface of the ship.

Wrecker dove at the opening Ka'rta some distance behind him. It was a grim face beneath the face mask as she put together what was happening.

Sacrifices had to be made.

"Keep it together Hunter." She barked flaring her repulsors as she came through the opening looking for a place to land. "He gave everything so that we could have a chance. Let's take it."

"What are you doing, infidels," Da'Gara asked aloud.

"I giving your living ship, a verd infection and some beskar poisoning for good fracking measure."

Her weapons and the weapons of thousands of Mandalorians were ready, ready to face this threat hand to hand.

Tor
    Bakura

"Permission to assist," Kenix asked looking to Dengar. Behind the mask Tor rolled her eyes. She was loathe to put someone of such skill on a possible suicide mission. But, she also couldn't necessarily trust Dengar not to mess this up completely either. She respected Sun Guards, her grandpa Owen was one, a tough man that even in his twilight could fight better than most. So throwing Kenix into a mission with Dengar turned her stomach just a bit.

"You got it." She replied before turning her head towards the sniper. Looking at the holoprojection she arched her brow.

"Who's this guy?" She asked looking at the man readying a ship.

She listened with half an ear to Din's plan. That was a good plan getting past the front gates and getting charges set.

"I like it, you need any back up? Besides us finding some more distractions? On that note any other ideas? I got some jamming equipment here. We can disrupt communications when this all kicks off. Or, a few missiles at the protective detail around the building somewhere on the side, drawing reinforcements to that side?"

She looked again at the holoprojection.

"Looks like someone is heading off. And our blue hair friend is trying to lick his boots? You getting a weird feeling off that Wolfman there?" She asked looking to the others. "Either way I say let him go, he's not our target. Though if we get the chance, setting a charge on Sistros fighter could give us a back up plan...any takers?"

16. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    OOC: Combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Barriss

She had heard the sonic boom and she didn't need the Force, which she was still cut off from, to tell her that it meant danger. Her instincts kicked in and Barriss immediately ran outside, where she found her wife Zara tending their garden. She quickly grabbed Zara's hand and squeezed it reassuringly, looking up to see a ship that she did not recognize coming down along with the rain of fiery wreckage. Barriss did not know what this meant, she only knew that she did not want to stick around to find out. The timing of this could not be a coincidence.

"We have to get out of here," she told her wife. "We have to get Luminara and her family, then get off-world as quickly as we can while we have the chance."

Whatever this was, Barriss was certain that it meant the end of her peaceful existence on Nadiem though she hated to admit it. But as she told her counterpart, all things end. Even stars die out. However, that didn't mean that she still couldn't save those that meant everything to her. There was still time...

Zara was still looking at the sky, mouth agape, when Barriss snapped orders. She nodded, in shock as she watched fiery debris collide with buildings as they landed -

"Right," she said tightly. "Let's go." Zara pulled out her comlink. "The HoloNet is down but we still have local frequencies." She looked up. "Do you think that ship cut our comms?"

"Mom?" Luminara called out. "Are you okay?"

"We need to get off-world. Mum says this is going to get bad."

"We're hiking up the hills - we can see the ship, and the fire." Her voice was hesitant, also shocked. "We just saw our home get smashed."

Zara looked to Barriss. "Can we take the ship to where they are?"

Barriss nodded. "Yes, I believe we can." She had been relieved to hear their daughter's voice, though she realized that if they had still been in their home... they would have surely been killed. It was an image that Barriss did not want to dwell on. She took the comlink from Zara.

"Stay where you are and stay out of sight," Barriss instructed. "We'll come to get out, promise."

She then looked at Zara. "Do you want to quickly grab anything from the house before we leave? We may never be able to come back here." Barriss hated to admit it, but it was the truth. Though she was actually horrified by what was happening right now, Barriss knew that she had to stay as calm as she could given the circumstances. Her family was counting on her.

Zara was adjusting at rapid speed, watching the sky. She pointed. "There's a ship!"

It was a floating eyeball with sails for wings...

[​IMG]

"What the Sith is that?" Zara rarely swore, but it seemed appropriate.

Barriss didn't know, but she didn't like the look of it one bit. She made sure that her hand was squeezing Zara's, Barriss didn't want to let go. They would have to forget about grabbing stuff from the house, though at least she already had some supplies loaded into the shop that she had prepared to get them off-world.

"Come on," Barriss told Zara before pulling her along, away from their home for decades and toward the small hangar where a ship would be waiting for them. She could only hope that they would make it.

Zara stopped watching, and started to run with her, towards the small ship.

There was a small boom, and Zara looked back. "The Eye ship jumped. How odd is that?"

The big flaming ship however plowed into the ground, not all that far from the hills that they knew their family were upon. Zara cried out, and focused on rushing to the small hangar. The ramp wasn't down, and Zara waved at it. "Come on!"

Barriss acted quickly. The man in charge of the hangar that she had gotten the ship from was gone, she didn't know if he was already dead but she couldn't wait around for him.

She lowered the ramp and the two were soon on board, Barriss sprinting into the cockpit so that she could get ready for lift-off. The ship was a freighter and an older model, but it would do its job. Barriss slightly rushed through getting the ship in the air, since she couldn't risk taking longer than she needed to. Soon they were flying low over Nadiem, Barriss desperately searching for where Luminara and her family could be.

"Come on, come on..." she said, visibly worried. With each minute her fear was growing more and more.

Zara looked a few consoles and released a few holds on the system. "Ugh, I haven't flown for such a long time. My grandpappy would be disgusted at how much of a groundpounder I've become." The ship ungummed itself from the rushed flight, and they rushed forward towards the hill.

Fire had began to rip through the forest nearby, and there was a lot of wildlife interfering with sensors. "I can't find Luminara and the others." Zara looked at Barriss. "Can you...?"

Barriss looked back at Zara, knowing what she was asking.

"I-I don't know if I still can," Barriss admitted, biting her lip. It had been so long since she had cut herself off from the Force. Even if she opened herself back to it, would it return to her just as easily or as quickly as that? Would it even help, with her being so out of practice and out of touch?

Zara held her hand, squeezed it. "I know you can, Barriss. I love you - and I'll be here no matter what. The Force, it's a part of all living things. You can't cut yourself off from it anymore than I can, and I'm not even sensitive to it."

Her voice caught. "Please try, my love."

Barriss nodded, but as she closed her eyes she remembered the words of an old friend...

Do or do not, there is no try.

As she slowed her breathing, Barriss realized that was the key. She shouldn't try, she should just do. If she thought she couldn't reopen herself to the Force, if she believed that she wouldn't be able to use it to find her family... then she would fail. But if Barriss put her faith in the Force, like she had done so many years ago...

So Barriss reached out. With her feelings and with her heart as Zara squeezed her hand. And she saw it.

The planet. Life. Death and decay that feeds new life. Warmth. Cold. Peace. Violence. And between it all: balance. An energy. A Force. And inside Barriss... that same Force. It had never left. Zara was right. The Force was a part of all living things, herself included. Despite all the time that had passed, Barriss was still a child of the Force.

And like a loving parent, it welcomed her home.

There was her daughter.

Her family.

The Force accepted her, and yes, while it was right now filled with violence and pain and anger, it was also full of light, which included those known to Barriss. Her wife, Zara, her own light, and Luminara, her own blaze of fear and worry but also faith in her mothers.

There was also a shard of danger.

They'd been noticed, and there was... someones... rushing through the burning undergrowth towards Luminara and the family, but still some distance away.... Dark someones.

Barriss frowned as she reopened her eyes.

"I have them," she told Zara, changing their ship's direction and flying it toward where the Force had showed her. She could see them now, clear as day. She could also see the darkness quickly approaching them, the darkness that would claim them if Barriss let it. She would not.

Once they were close enough, Barriss brought the ship down. It didn't land completely, instead hovering over the ground as the boarding ramp was lowered. She left her wife at the controls and rushed to the boarding ramp, looking out of the ship for any sign of her family. The Force had led her here and she trusted it.

"Lumi!" Barriss called out. "Lumi, can you hear me?"

She had her hand on her stun blaster... just in case.

Lumi and the rest of the family rushed out of the glade, buffeting by the wind pressure of the inferno lower down the hill. Zara held the ship steady, not entirely landing as instructed, which was delicate flying. Barriss' mind would feel the concentration and effort her wife was spending.

Beneath them, a dark shape emerged from beneath a toppling tree, in black robes, a human face visible - and a crimson lightsaber in hand.

Barriss' eyes widened in horror when she saw the crimson lightsaber in the shape's hand, confirming all of her worst fears. The Sith had come to Nadiem, they had come for her family.

"NO!" she screamed, but instead of firing her stun blaster at the shape Barriss instead instinctively reached out with the Force. Rather than think, she just acted. It was enough to catch the shape by surprise and knock him back, giving Lumi and her family enough time to board the ship. Barriss herself was surprised by her own lashing out with the Force, but her emotions were strong in the moment. Her fear, her worry, and her love. It was what gave her strength and the Force used that strength. Though she knew that when the dark shape recovered and caught up to them, he would be ready for her next time. Which meant they had to go.

The Sith tumbled, but managed to come up to one knee. He clawed a hand at Barriss, electricity crackling in his fingers -

And then a flaming tree fell upon him.

Luminara and the rest climbed aboard the ramp, as more crimson blades appeared, cutting down the trees and Force use sending them out of their paths. One, two, four - eight.

Too many.

Zara cried out. "We need to go!"

Where they all in?

Barriss did a quick head count. She saw Lumi, their husband, their three kids...

She closed the boarding ramp after making sure that indeed everyone was onboard. She then rushed to the cockpit.

"Go, go, go!" Barriss told Zara. The Force was screaming at her by this point, screaming warnings of danger. It was enough to almost send Barriss into a panic. "We have to get out of here NOW!"

The ship kicked up even as jagged lightning attempted to dig into the hull. There was a lurch and all of them would topple over, even Zara who was strapped in would struggle to stay seated. They were up, going up, up -

Zara shouted back. "Where am I going? We're in Confederation space now, remember - and a war just began!"

Luminara frowned as she sat up from the floor and checked on the children. "We've not been paying attention to the news. What is Mom talking about?"

"She's talking about the Great War," Barriss explained. "That's what the people on the HoloNet is calling it. The Yuuzhan Vong have begun their invasion, systems are seceding from the Republic, the galaxy is starting to divide at the worst possible time, and now there are these..." She swallowed. "...these Sith." That's what those dark shapes with their crimson lightsabers had to be. There was no other explanation, or at least not one that she could think of...

Barriss turned to Zara. "I put the coordinates of several potential places that we could go to in the databanks," she told her wife. She considered their options, glancing at her family and listening to her instincts. "How about... Bonadon?"

"The Corporate Sector?" Zara hesitated. Luminara was still processing that the war had began already and it was all going wrong on the first day.

The grounded ship - some kind of warship - began firing a single cannon at them. Zara didn't have time to ask - she simply activated the hyperdrive - and they escaped into hyperspace.

They were safe. The family's relief flooded the Force. Luminara's husband settled down the kids, and she stepped into the cockpit with her mothers. "Why exactly are we going to Bonadan?"

Zara looked at Barriss for an answer.

"I... know someone there," Barriss answered. "Someone I met shortly after the Clone Wars. She sent me toward Nadiem, toward... you. She helped me then, so I think she could help us now. I trust her. Also, there's not much on Bonadon anymore. Mostly just asteroid miners and refugees with nowhere else to go. Not really a place of galactic importance, which makes it somewhere to lay low for a while."

She was silent for a moment, recalling her conversation with her counterpart.

"I also just have a feeling that we should go there," Barriss admitted.

Zara nodded, and so did Luminara. "A feeling works for me."

That feeling worked on many levels. Little did Barriss know, but her counterpart had been speaking from there, and so the Force worked to bring the place to the forefront of her memory. Barriss would be important in the battle to come...

...for better, or for worse.

The decision made, Luminara drew her mothers into one more hug, and then the family erupted into the cockpit and that would take all of their attention. They'd survived the fall of Nadiem... but would the galaxy itself?

During the trip to Bonadon, Barriss pulled Luminara away from the cockpit so they could talk. Just the two of them.

"So... how are you feeling?" Barriss asked her daughter. "I know that a lot just happened. You're probably still trying to process it. Even I'm still trying to process it."

Barriss was forced to accept that her home was gone, but she did not dwell on that. She instead focused on the fact that her family was miraculously safe and sound thanks to the Force. Barriss could live with the end of Nadiem. The death of her family, however...

"I won't deny that this is scary," Barriss said. "We don't know what's going to happen from here. But I promise to do everything I can to protect you, Zara, and your family. You were the most important thing to save from Nadiem." She gently caressed her adopted child's cheek. "And no matter what, I'm not going to let anything bad happen to us. I am going to keep our family safe."

Luminara nodded. "I know, Mum, I know."

She looked back at the kids, playing with Zara. "But I do worry that the Great War is a bit beyond our control to plan around. Didn't you say that Nadiem had been left alone for fifty years? And in the first day of the new conflict it's caught up in it?" Luminara swallowed. "I'm afraid that we're in trouble."

Barriss sighed. "I'm afraid too. But I trust the Force, which helped me find you when I opened myself back up to it. Though to be honest, I'm still not entirely sure what happened back on Nadiem. I didn't recognize those ships, but I did recognize their lightsabers..." She frowned. "...and their crimson blades. I didn't like the feeling that they gave me. However, we shouldn't focus on what we can't control. There are too many things in this galaxy that we have no say in and that we are helpless against. But instead of letting those things dictate our lives, we focus on what we can control and do something about. We may have been forced to leave Nadiem behind, but we're all here." She gestured toward Lumi's family. "Your mother, Justin, Akira, Oeeta, Puck... we may be shaken, but we're still alive and safe. And most importantly, we're together."

She took Luminara's hand in her own and gently squeezed it.

The reminder of the crimson blades evoked memories from history lessons; of the Sith and their destructive war against the Jedi. For it to come to Nadiem... Luminara squeezed back, and drew her mother into a hug. "I know as long as we're together, we'll be fine, Mum."

Barriss hugged back, smiling gently. Despite all her own concerns and fears, she was still more relieved than anything else. They were okay and she had faith that they would still be okay as they moved forward, even as the galaxy became engulfed by war. The Sith were not going take Zara or Luminara or anyone in Lumi's family. She would find a way to make sure of it, to protect them at any cost.

"Love you, Lumi," Barriss whispered to her adopted daughter.

"Love you, Mum."

17. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Continuation of above combo with the GM

IC: Queen Mother Feyna Organa-Chume, Lady Galney, Aurra Sing, and Prince Isolder

Fountain Palace, Hapes

Lady Galney immediately fell into a kerfuffle. "Your Majesty! You do me a great honour, I must say." She bowed again, and again. Staying bowed, she opened the door and allowed the Queen Mother to precede her. Two burly guards outside the room snapped to attention, Force-pikes ready, blasters on their hips.

They were the only people in the Royal Palace allowed to retain weapons, outside of the Royal Family themselves.

Isolder watched her go, and nodded. He focused on the meeting for the moment.

The guards looked to Feyna. "Queen Mother, may we escort you?"

Another chime. Galney now looked concerned. "It's a room between here and the child's area! The static is travelling, your Majesty, how can that be?"

Feyna had a theory about it--she didn't voice it, not wishing to sound paranoid, but she suspected it was an intruder, with some kind of device that was interfering with the security system.

Whatever it was, it was getting too close to the children's rooms for Feyna's comfort.

"Let's find out," she replied, nodding to the guards to accompany them. "Which room is it?"

Galney stopped by a door. It was one room down from the child's area, far, far to close for an anomaly.

The guards pushed the doors open -

And a tall, willowy young man stood, head concealed by an oversized hat.

"Who are you," Galney said imperiously as the guards brandished their pikes.

The man lifted his hands out, and their blasters flipped from their holsters into his... and he titled his head up, revealing a sadistic grin, feminine features on grey skin, not a boys -

Aurra Sing shot the two guards in the face.

Feyna had about a second of slight relief--At least it's not a Vong--before Sing took the guards' blasters and shot them both.

Wasn't Sing supposed to be in prison? How in hells did this woman keep breaking out? And what was she doing here?

Feyna grabbed for one of the guards' Force-pikes--she had a blaster concealed at her ankle, but Sing might shoot her before she could get to it--and moved to protect Galney and the doorway; her children were just down the hall...

On one hand, Feyna hoped the children didn't hear anything, she didn't want them to be scared--or worse, get curious and come looking.

On the other...she needed to raise an alarm somehow...

Galney pushed aside Feyna and rushed the assassin, screaming as if she was a woman possessed. Aurra, surprised, was caught by her grapple and toppled, blasters clattering to the floor for the moment -

Feyna had half a second to make a move -

Feyna pulled her blaster from its holster, set it to 'stun'--she'd try not to hit Galney, but at least this way, she'd still be all right if Feyna missed, and she wanted Sing alive--and fired at the fallen bounty hunter.

There was a snap-hiss and a red blade emerged from Galney’s back -

As the stun blasts enveloped both of them. Galney was at least unconscious even though she was severely injured. Aurra was hit too, but she struggled against it -

She was a Force user, and even stun wouldn’t stop her for long -

There was an increasing gap for Feyna to act -

What could Feyna do? Try and shut her in, switch to kill?

Feyna shifted her grip on the Force-pike, jabbing it at Sing--it wasn't set high enough to kill her; she'd try once more to take Sing alive, but if this didn't knock her out good...Feyna couldn't risk this going on much longer.

Sing had pushed Galney’s limp body off her, not a second after the pike drove into her throat. It set off her body, paralysing energy running through her neck and thus whole nervous system.

She couldn’t block that.

Aurra Sing collapsed.

Isolder‘s voice sounded out, as well as his heavy footfalls. The Prince was running. “Feyna!”

He looked at the three bodies and the bounty hunter. “Aurra Sing? Again?” Isolder looked back at the woman. “How does she escape prison so often?!”

Feyna shook her head. "I wondered the same thing--are all Force-users so hard to contain?

"Have someone check on the kids?" She asked, dropping the pike and blaster and moving to check Galney. "I don't know if they heard anything, but obviously I don't want them to come in and see this...

"What do you think she's doing here?"

The list of possibilities was pretty short, considering Sing's choice of career.

Isolder had a gaggle of guards after him, and they rushed off. Another stepped forward and placed stun restraints on Aurra's arms and legs - and a shock collar on her throat. Her weapons were confiscated, and the guards rushed Galney - who was alive - off to the medbay.

"She's been sent after you - or the children," Isolder said, firmly, angrily. He tried to release a breath that was building pressure in his chest. "The Advisory Council is busy arguing about the capital, and about the Confederation, but the war has begun. We have to act like any faction can take a swipe at us."

He grit his teeth as the guards left them.

Isolder stepped into the room that Aurra had just used. He close the door. "Qwi and Beaumont are on their way to Hapes. They've been stranded on a planet for the last fifteen years, keeping trapped with them a group of Sith."

The thought of someone targeting their children made Feyna feel sick and angry. But there were people like that in the galaxy, and she could name a few right off the top of her head.

Before they could start speculating over who had hired Sing, her husband had more news--Qwi Xux and Beaumont Kin had resurfaced, with a report of a hidden group of Sith.

"Great, something else we don't have the resources to fight," Feyna muttered, annoyed. Why did everything have to keep happening all at once?

"We'll have to tell Madelyn, but with the Vong, the Jedi are busy enough as it is."

Isolder nodded. “I mean most bad guys take advantage of other bad guys when they do things, so it’s no different with Sal-Solo or Graul or that Anzati, Bernael.”

The Prince did wonder to himself. “I think we should move to the Star Home. If it’s going to go sideways, what better place to be than a mobile palace? We can move around and bring force to bear if we need to.” The aforementioned ship could fight an Imperial Star Destroyer to a standstill. He had been reluctant to lend it to the Nubians because of the possibility that Feyna would be targeted.

“I don’t want to go to Nadiem with it, but if we get wind of a threat, we can at least stay ahead of it.” He stared at Aurra as she was taken away. “We should put her aboard an automated prison ship and just send her into a star.” He looked firm. “We’re not bringing her with us.”

"No, we're not," Feyna agreed. "Perhaps we can ask Madelyn what the best way to contain her would be." She wasn't sure how serious he was about actually sending Aurra into a star, but it wasn't the right way to deal with a prisoner, even one as problematic as Sing.

"Is that where Qwi and Beaumont were? Nadiem?" She didn't remember ever hearing of it before.

“That’s where their Sith crashed. It’s a world not far from Hutt and now Confederate space, basically the most unimportant place we could think of.” Isolder shrugged. “I want to believe Qwi and Beaumont - shall we send some ships now? From the Home Fleet?”

About a hundred and sixty Hapan Battle Dragons strong, with hundreds of Nova battle cruisers and thousands of escorts, the Home Fleet was as strong as the Seventh and Eighth Fleets, giving them some latitude if they wanted to bypass the Senate. If worse came to worse, as Queen Mother Feyna could even recall those two donated fleets.

“And we can call Madelyn when we’re all safely aboard the Star Home.”

He clearly didn’t plan to tarry.

It was going wrong again, and Isolder wanted to be surrounded by ships, guns and his family. He thought of how the presumed death of her family had changed Ka’rta, and that he was more likely to be on her scale than Feyna’s, who had handled the destruction of Alderaan in a considerably more balanced fashion.

Feyna nodded to calling Madelyn once they boarded Star Home, but she paused at sending ships to Nadiem. "I don't think Qwi would make that up, but I'd still like to talk to them, and Madelyn, first.

"If we do send ships, can they get there without passing through any Confederation territory?" They'd already attacked Gyndine; Feyna did not want Sal-Solo setting his sights on Hapes.

Isolder nodded. "It'll be a bit slower, but definitely. We'll just have our ships jump off the Perlemian Trade Route at Columex, instead of at Roche. Come at Nadiem from the north, rather than the west." He had already visualized the problem. "I was just worried about the Sith escaping Nadiem. A blockade should be enough, it's a low-tech world - it only just recovered from a Separatist invasion during the Clone Wars."

"Qwi, Madelyn, first, that works." He drew her into a hug. "Also, next time, don't go after security anomalies alone, would you?"

She hugged him back, nodding against his shoulder. Technically she hadn't been alone, but she still could have handled the situation differently.

"On that note, I want security to do a sweep of Star Home before we board." They could do it while the family was get their things together.

"Are we still going to stay in-system, or did you want to head to wherever the Senate decides to meet?"

Isolder nodded slowly. "Security sweep, yes, and yes to wherever the Senate ends up. New Nubia or wherever."

He released a breath. "Day one into the Great War- one assassination attempt down, one secession and one new Sith threat... sounds about right."

"Force help us for day two."

Feyna let out a dry chuckle, ruefully shaking her head in agreement as she took his hand.

Her expression quickly turned concerned. "How much do we tell the kids?"

Kalen and Rosara--sometimes she was called 'Rosey' for short--were going on twelve and seven, respectively. Kalen was getting old enough to learn and understand some of these things, but Rosara might not. Feyna preferred to be honest with her children whenever possible, but she didn't want to scare them.

“I’d rather sit on it for now. They know about Palpatine, after all. It’s in all the news and all everyone’s been talking about for fifteen years.”

“And what do we tell them? We’re not even talking about the actual war at the moment.” Isolder shrugged. “Make Star Home into a holiday or event, I guess. A ‘Royal Sleepover’.” He chuckled slightly.

She nodded again. "All right, then."

TAG: @Sinrebirth mentions for @TheSilentInfluence and @Jerjerrod-Lennox

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Skirata-Linnett, Arthur Skirata
    Jedi Temple

Madelyn bowed back to her council members, glad things were in order for now. She was the last to leave the council chamber, and met her husband Arthur outside.

"It...there's going to be a war." Madelyn told him gently. "Alfred will stay here. But Leia is still on Dathomir." She paused, feeling stressed. She knew it probably showed on her face how much she didn't like Leia being on that planet.

Arthur hesitated. "Okay, is Alfred going to be okay with staying behind? You know what he's like?"

"And Leia will be fine. From what I hear, Dathomir is behind our 'Northern Line' so the Vong will have to get through, what, three Fleets? Everyone knows about the Second, Third and Fifth patrolling the Rim." He soothed her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Alfred will have to live with it." Madelyn said. "I don't need both of our children off fighting in a war." She sighed at Arthur.

"I'm more worried about what Leia will get up to with that night sister of hers." Madelyn admitted. She relaxed as he place a hand on her shoulder. "I trust her...but-"

"But, but, but," Arthur said, drawing her into a hug. "But passed her Trial, and she's a Knight. Sith artefacts in the path of an invasion is a recipe for Palpatine surprising us or something. Needs to be done..." He hesitated. "Unless you've seen something, of course. They say the old Grandmasters used to get visions and all that."

Madelyn sighed and hugged him back. "I'm not worried about her ability. I'm worried she's going to fall in love with that Almira girl and turn away from the Jedi Order."

"And no. I haven't seen anything." Madelyn confirmed.

Arthur nodded. "Well, I'm not worried about Leia. Even if -" He held out a finger. "And it's a big if, she does become a Sister of the Night, she's not going to go bad, and she'll still help us out when we need her. I say that with absolute certainty, okay?"

He chose to believe she'd not seen anything, for the moment.

Madelyn looked upset but nodded at her husband. Of course he's right. Perhaps I'm getting too emotional about all of this, but I want what's best for her.

"You're right." Madelyn told Arthur. She wrapped her arms around him again, kissed his cheek. "I'm just...a little afraid. There's so much uncertainty now."

He titled his head to kiss her on the lips. After a moment, Arthur smiled at her. "It'll be alright. We survived Mandalore, didn't we?" He was referring to when Darth Zorn consumed the world using a Sith ritual and Eternal technology nobody knew was buried beneath the surface. Since the Battle of Exegol, many of the weapons had been excavated by the New Republic and destroyed, though rumours swirled of the Eternal Emperor's using them to consume planets inside their territory on occasion.

Mad, bad stuff.

"What about you, eh?" He indicated the other Jedi that had left the room. "You're heading up the Palpatine Hit Squad? Did you have space on your A-Team for an old Mandalorian?"

Madelyn kissed him back, and when she pull away she smiled softly. "We did. Although it wasn't easy."

She thought for a moment, at his question. It would be nice if Arthur came along. Although Madelyn hated to put him in danger. "I do. But you have to promise me not to take unessacary risks."

"Promise duly given, Grandmaster. So it's me, you, Corran, Tresina... anyone else you can think of?"

"Lowbacca and Tahiri." Madelyn told Arthur. "They'll be good to have on the mission."

Arthur nodded. “Gotcha. I saw them in the training area.” He missed her again. “I’ll go get them and meet you aboard the ship.” He looked innocent. “Just ignore all the ordnance under the smuggling compartments, would you?”

He grinned and trotted off.

"All of the...what?" Madelyn sounded shocked. She shouted after him; "Arthur! Get back here and explain yourself!"

Tag: @Sinrebirth

IC: Leia Skirata-Linnett, Almira
    Dathomir

Leia frowned at the dark and uneasy feeling from the cave. It reminded her of the Sith she had encountered in her Jedi Trial. Whoever was in there, Leia didn't trust. She hoped Almira wouldn't trust them either.

As the Sith Lord tried to convince them to follow him deeper into the cave, Leia hesitated. "I don't believe that's a good idea. He wants to make us into victims; remember?"

Oh, every good Holocron wants to escape its pyramidal shell and take a body. It's a rite of passage.

Almira frowned. "Why would you tell us that?" She conjured a ball of light, and looked back at Leia. "It'll be fine, he's basically warning us at this stage."

Double the trap, twice the prize...

"Okay now he's doubly warning us."

She winced.

"So what do you want to do?" Leia looked at Almira. "You're the one who knows about all this-" She waved her hand in front of her,"-Sith stuff." Leia paused, "And I really don't want to get possessed or worse."

"I know about Nightsister stuff," she said, offended. "Sith are different. We are in touch with nature, and the elements, and the Ichor. Sith just want to dominate and control and murder." Almira sniffed. "Very different."

So you want to become a Mother?

Or do you want to defeat the Shadow Man?

Images danced on the walls of a Mother of a Clan...

... and a cowled Palpatine with white eyes.

Leia sighed and put a hand to her own head, realizing she had offended Almira. "Right, I'm sorry." She apologised and looked at Almira. "I shouldn't have assumed."

She looked at the shadows dancing around them. "We're just here for the holocron thanks. We don't need anything else."

Alright then. Come along, come along.

The shadows receded, but Almira didn't allow the orb of light to vanish. She didn't like this, but she was showing plenty bravado.

"You ready?"

Leia looked at Almira. "Force no." She told her, feeling afraid. What have I gotten us into? "I'll follow you're lead though, since you seem braver then me-" Leia paused. "...and you know, you have magic-"

Almira smirked. "So the great Jedi from the sky, prophesized to save Dathomir is scared of the dark. Great."

She led the way. "If you stay behind me, then I'm sure it'll be fine."

The orb of light floated with her, and their shadows stretched behind them... then danced. I'll be sure to watch your backs.

Blanching a little, Almira looked sheepish. "Did you want a ball of light? I can teach you, if you'd like?"

Anything to keep her mind off Ramage.

Leia blushed but shook her head. She didn't want the ball of light, even though she was afraid of the dark that surrounded them. Instead, Leia moved closer to Almira and grabbed her hand. The idea of learning magic was intriguing, but she felt safer next to Almira right now. Learning magic could come later.

"I'd rather hold you're hand." Leia muttered. "Maybe you can teach me later..." When were not in a creepy cave. When were alone...

Almira paused at that, but nodded, holding out her had and taking Leia's. They walked deeper.

How romantic, spat Ramage.

"Well, it would be if you weren't here."

A huff. Do you even know why the witches were tasked with hiding my Sith Holocron? Do you even know of my lineage, of how I trained the chain of Masters which created Darth Sidious, the greatest of all the Sith Lords?

Leia squeezed her hand, and walked closer as the Sith Lord spoke. "No. But Palpatine doesn't seem that great." She remarked. "But why were the witches tasked with hiding you're holocron?"

Because I could manipulate time.

At that, his shadow detached from their shadows and skipped off into the depths.

Almira wanted to run after him, to chase him down, but her grip on Leia's hand stopped her.

"Okay, I'll admit he caught my attention then, but he can't be telling the truth, can he?"

"I don't know." Leia answered truthfully. She looked at Almira."He could be." Leia shrugged. "But I don't think running after him will do you amy good. I need you here with me Almira. I don't want to do this alone."

She nodded, smiling softly. "Come on then, Leia. Together." With a squeeze, she led them deeper in the cave, which began to be lit by a soft red light, and then a luminous green as well. The holocron was there, atop a pedestal, but sitting within a pool of Nightsister ichor.

"Oh wow," Almira said.

The ichor began to sprout streams of flame, forming a swirling defence around the holocron.

The swirling resolved into spirits, witches that had given their life to ensure the device was protected, or perhaps Nightsisters who had died trying to steal it?

No what will you do, I wonder?

Leia looked around in awe as the colours in the cave began to change. There was something haunting yet beautiful about it. Although she startled and tried to pull Almira away as flames came out of the ichor amd turned into the ghosts of nightsisters.

I don't know.

"Do you think they'll attack if I try to approach?"

"Not if you're with me," Almira said with confidence. She stepped forward, hand-in-hand with Leia still. "Sisters! I come to relieve you of your burden! To take that dark device and..." She hesitated. "Destroy it, right?"

Destroy it?!

The Sith shadow roared.

My genius, wasted by children? Time itself in my hands, and you intend to DESTROY IT!

Almira cringed.

"Of course we will." Leia spoke up. "Why would we allow something this dark to live? You'll poison the nightsisters." She defended Almira.

Almira realised that was their angle. Flashing Leia a grin, she raised her voice again. “Nightsister’s, I speak to you as a Sister. You do not serve the Sith; we are our own power, and we know the truth. The Winged Goddess and Fanged God; the Mother and the ichor of life; the Book of Shadows… we act for Clan, not for the Rule of Two.”

Raising her hands Almira directed them to attack -

The ghouls screamed, invigorated by her words, their memories restored by them. They howled in unison and dove upon the shadow of Darth Ramage, who snarled in treachery. Almira was concentrating - the Holocron was exposed -

Leia took advantage of the distraction and activated her lightsaber, a brilliant blue. She went towards the holocron, intent on destroying it-

Tag: @Sinrebirth

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Duke Praxon
    Corellia

Wynssa Starflare took advantage of Praxon’s diversion and discharged her blaster into the crowd, triggering a panicked flight that thrust the entire studio into chaos.

Guards quickly rallied to protect Sal-Solo from the imminent threat while random shouts filled the air. For a moment, Praxon could only stand there and observe the turmoil around him, almost in awe of the confusion he had wrought. In fact, he was so amazed by the scene unfolding before him that he initially failed to notice the trajectory of Wynssa’s lucky shot; it soon became apparent that she had managed to wound Thrackan’s hand.

Praxon took pleasure in that fact, even as his fellow actor grabbed him roughly by the arm and pulled him out of the fray. "It only has two more shots," Wyn announced as she shoved a blaster into his hand. "Don’t waste them."

"Wait, I don’t—" he stammered, fumbling with the weapon in an awkward attempt to find a proper grip. Despite his portrayal of Han Solo, Praxon wasn’t very fond of firearms. He had adopted more of a pacifist mindset when it came to his personal ideals, and he was uncertain if he would have the gumption to kill another living being.

However, as soon as the blaster bolts started flying, his 'fight or flight response' took over. Adrenaline rushed through his veins, and he lost voluntary control of his faculties. Everything was automatic as he turned and began to dash for the exit on Wyn’s heels.

Before he crossed the threshold into the outer corridor, he caught part of Sal-Solo’s message to the Corellian people. The man had painted him as a New Republic sympathizer and a traitor. While that wasn’t necessarily a terrible thing under the circumstances, it would certainly have a negative impact on his reputation. And as an actor, that was one of the most essential components to leading a successful career.

He scowled at that notion, personally vowing to seek retribution for the damage the man had undoubtedly caused to his image.

But unfortunately, it would have to wait; he was more concerned about his own survival than maintaining his vanity.

"Can I ask what your plan is for getting out of here?" Praxon called to his companion, canting his head to regard her with a sidelong glance. "You do have a plan, right? Something tells me you’re much more than a simple holodrama star."

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  20. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Almost chaos time with @HanSolo29 and @TheAdmiral

IC The Eternal Families and Jori II
    Bakura, Throne Room

As Sistros swept into the room and Gaeriel vacated his seat, Marana caught the look from the other Empress. Her hand reached out, placing it on Nevet’s thigh, even as a sweet smile crossed her face; her eyes meeting Gaeriel’s. She sent a thought to her husband, ’It seems Sistros’s wife doubts your fidelity in this endeavor…’ The thought was tinged with humor.

Nevet nodded to his brother as Sistros entered, welcoming him back. ”The combined fleets will set out once you have given your permission to GEMINI for your resources to be used.” It was as much not wanting to waste his resources alone as it was that he knew his brother would not be pleased if his forces alone won the day. Not jealousy or pride but the desire for them both to be present tinged most of what they did.

He began to turn to face Jori once more when he felt it. His head dropped for a moment before it came up, ”Stupid children...I will have to take on that aspect of myself once more and teach them the error of their ways.” he hissed, his eyes suddenly dripping darkness. Turning back to Sistros, ”The idiot Vong ‘children’ killed the living world of Sekot. Sheer lunacy as it was the seed of their original homeworld much that they had been seeking to thrive.”

He turned back to Jori, crooking a finger for her to approach him directly, ignoring, for now, the byplay between the Saarai-Kaar and Gaeriel. ”I am certain that my brother will wish a world with you as well but he does need to be caught up on current events and, as he does, we may speak here or retire to the next room, to discuss things.”

Jori listened to the exchanges. Zonama Sekot? GEMINI? She did not know these things. Her grandmother was hiding things from her. Or maybe she did not know about them herself and needed someone to find out about it.

The latter sounded like a computer system. The KDY's R&D division would be quite interested in studying it. Hopefully she would be able to give them the opportunity. Maybe one of the more isolated labs would do fine. It would not be good if the whole Kuati systems got infected by an unknown virus.

Zonama Sekot was probably a world. She dug in her memory. There was something about seed ships or whatever. Tarkin and Sienaar were involved in that. Interesting...

Maybe she could get a hold of the family of her grandmother's old paramour...

"I am at your disposal, Your Majesty." she bowed her head "Whatever you desire."

As Sistros returned to the dais, he inclined his chin and scowled at the many issues vying for his attention. The barrage wasn’t entirely unexpected, especially with the start of the war, but it could’ve been avoided. The Corellians were both incompetent and stupid for attempting a heedless coup under the current circumstances, and their insolence would be met with swift action.

Following his brother’s lead, the Emperor quickly communed with GEMINI to authorize his portion of the fleet—to divide his cruisers, four hundred each, among the treasonous worlds of Fondor, Nal Hutta, Bothawui, and Nubia.

That left the demise of Zonama Sekot, which was an unfortunate development in its own right, but it was a problem better suited for Bernael to handle. Sistros did not share an intimate connection to the ancients as his brother did—not in the same way, at least.

Or perhaps, he was merely distracted by other matters to afford the Sekot situation his full attention.

Leaning back against the throne, Sistros adopted a more casual demeanor as he studied the young Kuati noble before them, his hand idly stroking his beard in thought. Jori Atreus was a beautiful woman who exuded both confidence and strength. No doubt she would make a fine addition to their institution.

However, she had also attracted her fair bit of scrutiny from his wife; he could feel Gaeriel’s jealousy wafting through the Force. Her behavior was gratuitous at best, but instead of scolding her for being so transparent with her feelings, Sistros simply smiled. Her emotions could make her powerful, and he intended to take full advantage of it.

"There’s no need to retreat," Sistros rumbled in a gravelly voice, his gaze shifting to regard his brother out of the corner of his eye. He offered a small nod before turning back to the Kuati. "Come forward."

He waited for her to comply and then leaned forward against the Scepter of Ragnos. "Tell me, Jori Atreus, what do you hope to gain through an alliance with the Eternal Empire? The answer may be obvious to anyone paying attention, but I’m curious to hear things from your perspective. Impress me."

Nevet returned the nod his brother had given him. ’The flotillas we sent will give notice of our position on attacks or betrayals against us. Kuat, I am quite sure, is playing both, or possibly even all three, sides of this conflict at the moment. I get the impression that this Jori before us knows of her part as well as Kuat’s plans with the New Republic. But I am intrigued to see how she will play this to her advantage here, I’ve all but handed her what should appear to be the perfect handles on me, if not us.’ he sent his brother through their bond, the sense of irony filling him.

Sitting back on his throne, he regarded those who were still present, at this point only the Eternal Families, Jori, and several of the Knights, the others still posted outside each entrance, those that were not already receiving their orders for Project Hydra. The question that Sistros had posed would say a lot about what she intended, both what she said as she answered and what she left unsaid.

Turning his head toward his son, ’Kigrael, when this meeting is at an end, have both the Elysian Fields and the Fury prepared, I can see our greatest foe attempting to use the chaos of our recent foes to their advantage, to seek us, seek me, out.’ the thought drifted between them.

’It will be done and then we hunt.’ Kigrael’s thought returned to him, the eagerness in it bringing a small smile to Nevet’s face.

No other command that needed to be given at the moment he leaned back on his throne, one hand reaching up stroking his chin in thought, waiting for Jori’s response.

Jori was worried a bit about what to say. On one hand if she was too open about the whole thing ... let's say she would not be a good politician if she had done that. On the other hand the Emperors and the Empress were Force users and they could surely sense deceit. So she had to obscure her motivation, be truthful enough and omit certain things.

"Yes, Your Majesty." she curtsied before Sistros and his wife "I am afraid my reasons are rather prosaic, mundane even. So I apologize beforehand for not being too impressive." she gave a coy smile "I am here to protect the interests of Kuat." Jori stated rather flatly, but managed a small blush, as if being embarrassed by not making a bombastic speech that will swipe the Emperors off their feet.

The essence was true. She was there to protect Kuat's interest and so it happened that her House was Kuat. Of course she left it open to interpretation as to how. Though that too was rather... normal... by any means necessary. That was what her grandmother had told her before she departed.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, @HanSolo29, @TheAdmiral, @Narancia

21. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Double post approved by GM, combo with @darthhelinith

IC Renn and Vhardia
    Preparing and decisions, in the Hunt

Renn nodded at the decision for Madelyn to face Palpatine with the backup of the other Masters. He frowned slightly, given what he knew, had learned in the last fifteen years about the man, there was an even chance that they’d kill him or die or be forced to turn by that Sith. So it was a fragile situation. He glanced at Tresina at the question, ”That we must ensure doesn’t happen so we need to keep each other abreast of our missions in case support is needed. I do not see the hunt to face my ‘Twin’ to be a short or easily handled mission, nor do I see the one you chose as such either.”

His fingers twined with Vhardia’s as he looked down at her, ”I’d hear Vhardia’s thoughts on it first but after, she and I do need to prepare and make decisions on how we go forward with this mission. So after that, yes we will excuse ourselves from the Council meeting.”

Vhardia nodded in agreement, absentmindedly fiddling with one of Renn's fingers.

"If we have an accord, there is little reason for myself or Renn to stay." She stood up from the arm of the chair and stretched.

Renn stood, nodding to the others present in person or by holo and left the Council chambers, as they walked down the hall toward their quarters, ”Any thoughts on where to start?” he asked Helinith. ”Slipping in to the Empire and directly attacking him on Bakura is going to be difficult.”

Vhardia looked thoughtful.

"I've been thinking about that. It'd be better if we could draw him out of his home court advantage. Either under false pretences or worse case, direct challenge, though ideally unawares. I don't want to know what sort of support he could arrange if he knew he was going to be taking us on." Her nose wrinkled. "Like consuming the planet we're standing on."

She unlocked the door to their shared rooms and waved a hand, as the remains of last night's meal began clearing themselves away. "How the heck are we gonna prevent him doing that?"

Renn smiled as the space cleaned itself, giving them space to get things together. It gave him several moments to get his thoughts together. ”Getting him away from Bakura and his best defenses is probably our best bet.”

Glancing over at the wardrobes he flicked a finger and the doors opened, various pieces of equipment and gear floating out and settling on the coffee table. ”The only way to keep him from eating any planet we draw him to is to draw him to an uninhabitable rock. But that also weakens us. So we may have to use some of our energy to protect any life on whichever world we make a stand on.”

He began going through the gear, sorting it, ”I do think he wants to have our encounter be face to face though so I’m also sure he’ll try to hurt us before that happens, to weaken us more.”

Vhardia considered this.

"It's almost like he's got an ego." Her nose wrinkled again. "Correction, he definitely has an ego, he's a self-proclaimed emperor."

She sighed and flumped onto the sofa. Despite the discussion over the years, the prospect of such a task hadn't become any easier.

How had their five blissful years passed so quickly? It wasn't fair, none of it was.

Renn chuckled at her comment, but she wasn’t wrong. As he thought of a response he felt her emotions. Turning around he knelt down so they were face to face, wrapping her in a hug for a moment.

”I can’t fault your logic there. All I hope is that we can resolve this soon, and be able to leave all the turmoil behind. Maybe find a peaceful place somewhere just for us, no responsibility to the Republic or the Order, just living for us.” he said softly.

His hand rose and cupped her face, just gazing into her eyes and wishing she didn’t have to put herself in danger as much as he but knowing she’d just appear there anyway, not willing to let him face it on his own. That was part of who they were as a couple.

She closed her eyes for a moment before responding, looking thoughtful.

"If such a thing should happen..."

She smiled at him, picking up on his thoughts.

"Anyhow, you'd have to kill me to prevent me from coming with you."

She kissed him softly and grinned suddenly. "This is turning into that situation back on Hoth when we were packing up after Leia graduated."

He returned her kiss, as he’d thought he didn’t even have to say something and she’d know it, that was the depth of their bond. And then a chuckle burst forth, ”Well...can you fault us?” he teased.

”I wouldn’t dream of trying to go without you.” he murmured. Cupping her face once more he smiled deeply, ”Besides you’d kill me if I tried.”

He thought for a moment, ”Hmmm, an idea, we take the fastest armed ship we can, from here. Start a ‘tour’ of the worlds that have been asking for a Jedi to visit, near the frontier. At each I let the energy flow to make it obvious. The path we take won’t be obvious to anyone simple but someone who can track would figure out there was an end point and get there before us. Or let them think that. A couple worlds before we hide ourselves in the Force and head to that last directly. And be prepared for their arrival.”

TAGS: @Adalia-Durron, @The Real Kyp Durron, @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @TheSilentInfluence

22. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Nemiodian Senator Tobbi Airskipper and Corrliean Confederacy Supreme Commander Phennir

Phennir wasn’t impressed. “Do you think the Confederation emerged without preparation. The Bothan Spynet? The Hutt clans? We had plenty of Intel on the New Republic, but we didn’t expect you to send a courier to Bakura.”

“Neimodia is placed near Kuat. Join our Confederation, and we shall hand you as many exclusive contracts as you like. The Tibanna mines on Bespin want to secede from the Eternal Empire; the munitions factories of Adumar want to sell to more than just the New Republic at a discount.”

The former Imperial smiled slightly. “Of course, you don’t have much of a choice, but I can at least incentivise you to join up.”

Tobbi briefly smiled at the mentioned contracts; it was an opportunity to further expand on his empire. The Tibanna mines could help Tobbi gain greater access to ores and minerals, which would aid in his *pet project* of sorts. As well as the munitions factory of Adumar could assist the Blacklight military in making it, so there wasn't a continuous need to buy ammunition. It would be right there at his fingertips.

Gods, so many potential options, so much revenue! This was more than the new republic did for me.

Tobbi was weak in the knees; acquiring industrial power for the Airskipper Industry conglomerate was a joy few would ever understand. But Tobbi thought of the logistics of potentially leaving the new republic and how it would shake out.

Then the screams.

The fires.

The dark side energies.

Tobbi sobered up; he remembered that his master could drain entire planets. And if they found out that he potentially switched allegiances or bungled his mission, they might send both Snerfu and Tobias to visit, something he didn't want. As to receive a visit from them meant terrible things were soon to follow. But from how things were looking, it would seem like Tobbi didn't have a choice, but maybe he could convince this man otherwise and bluff his way out of this situation.

"1. If you want me to join, this isn't a good start. My courier Rebecca is a super soldier or commando of sorts, lots of money went into her training. So I do hope you haven't killed her.

2.You may have caught my courier, but I think you fail to realize that doesn't mean I'm allied with the eternal empire. I have spies and contacts there; I like to be informed and do business.

3. You don't seriously expect me to secede from the New Republic and jeopardize all of my revenue by making myself an enemy of both the New Republic, the Eternal Empire, and the Vong, do you? Right now, from where I'm sitting, you have nothing but theories and vague threats. You will need to offer me more before I consider joining. You don't have me dead to rights; the news of my courier going to Bakura will at most be a political inconvenience. "

The Supreme Commander responded in turn with a mild smirk. "No, I did not kill her. I see an asset created with care and expense. I appreciate the art of warfare, my friend; I did serve under Thrawn for a time, after all."

Otherwise, he lifted a second finger. "War profiteering is war profiteering."

Then a third. "In the New Republic of Chancellor Doman Beruss, maybe, the appeasing Corellian traitor, yes. In the New Republic of, say, Feyna Organa-Chume? The Hero of the New Republic who opposed Emperor Amedda, Darth Zorn and now Palpatine? If you can't see her taking back the reins of power to secure the peace, then you are sorely mistaken... and how will she view someone playing both sides? I should ship your courier to Hapes with all the data she has locked up inside her and let Feyna, Isolder and the rest of the Heroes and Jedi work it out for themselves."

Phennir smirked. "That and I have five fleets above Nubia right now. That's enough to eradicate Neimodia without much thought or effort - and if the New Republic triaged Gyndine to us; now this, I assume, because there has been no sudden rush of reinforcements to the Corellian Sector... what will they do for your planet?"

He was unsubtle, and the vagaries of double-agents were beyond the man, but he was brutal and had a point.

Silence.

No good, he wasn't buying anything.

Even a ruthless threat was made if he sent that courier to the Jedi; it was all over.

The Corellian Supreme commander had him locked in. The New Republic was weak at this time, they let the assault on razing go unpunished, and he believed Phennir's words. If the Supreme Commander attacked Neimodia now, what would happen?

There was no point dwelling on it now; Tobbi was now completely out of options, he could only pray that there was a way to avoid the Emperor's wrath, But in all honesty, they were a non-factor right now, given the compromising position Tobbi found himself in, all that mattered right now was his Empire's survival. Tobbi could prove himself useful in a different amount of ways.

"Fine, you made your point, the New Republic is weak, and Doman Beruss is a stooge who will be replaced. I graciously accept your contracts; it's more than the New Republic ever did for me. I'll publicly secede from the Republic but tell me, what happens to my weapons production company on Balmorra? In fact, what happens with all of my subsidiaries the New Republic relies on them heavily."

“I intended to ask you to secede when the moment was right. Once, we’ve smashed the Eternal Empire. I just ask that you keep the flow of memories from the Advisory Council open and convert all your receptacles of data into an asset of Confederation Intelligence.” Phennir managed not to gloat.

All that he had told Tobbi was that he’d intercepted his courier, not that he’d managed to get any information out of the deliverer. In theory, there was an opportunity there…

The Confederate Supreme Commander smiled softly. “I’ll keep your courier with me aboard the Master Stroke for now. We shall speak again, Senator. I leave it to you to carefully decide what you intend to lose to secession… and what you stand to gain thereafter.”

At that, the man signed off.

Tobbi shook his head; what a mess. The Supreme Commander had him in a vise and now wanted Tobbi to funnel New Republic info to him as well. Tobbi knew the Supreme commander was bluffing on the information; that's not why he agreed to the terms. Rebecca being sent to the Jedi was a big problem; if they had a master telepath, then they could definitely read her mind heck; in theory, an adept one could do it too.

Not to mention the threat the supreme commander made, he believed it, if the New Republic didn't avenge Glyndine, then what chance did Nemiodia have, especially with no fleets from the New Republic. Sure there were three fleets from the Blacklight military, but what that still meant he was outnumbered, not good odds, and a chance he didn't want to take. For now, all Tobbi could do was play along and take the contracts; it was a chance to expand his empire, after all.

Though Tobbi knew this confederation was short-lived as well, it managed to tee off both the Eternal Empire and the New Republic, which was currently distracted with the Vong. But another reason why Tobbi accepted was those contracts; if he can play his cards right, he'll not only watch the confederacy burn but also survive and come out stronger.

He would have to tell the others at some point, of course, and data would fall in his lap about two factors. One, the Eternal Fleet had been scattered to the capitals of the Confederation rather than just dispatched to engage Phennir’s armada. More, the Master Stroke was holding above the recaptured Nubia.

Phennir would shortly be forced to do what the New Republic had expected of Tobbi; to withdraw forces to defend homeworlds. That armada at Nubia was about to become a lot smaller, and the Confederates would have no choice but to hold on to Nubia too…

… was, thanks to the brilliant deployment of the Eternal Fleet, the Supreme Commander about to be exposed to attack? Did Tobbi have an opportunity to recapture his asset? Would his personal touch be necessary?

As these analyses were put forward by his think-tank, the Confederate armada scattered, sending forces from Nubia to defend Nal Hutta, Fondor, Bothawui -

Tobbi pondered on his thoughts for a while; the data that fell into his lap was an astounding one, to say the least. In their eagerness to destroy the confederacy, the Eternal Empire had provided Tobbi with an opportunity; it was a small one but one he had to take. The Confederacy had dared to try and blackmail him; Tobbi wasn't going to take that lying down, he was angry, and someone needed to pay. Tobbi had a plan; he would see his assets retrieval personally along with one of his head hunters, his head of security Dutch.

23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Xundel, Kyp Durron, Adalia Tehanis
    Sernpidal, Dalbonian Sector

After a micro-jump Xundel and Kyp were in a geosynchronous orbit of Sernpidal. His sensors were agreeing with the coordinates that the Sernpidal Control had sent them. The data that had been sent gave evidence that it only affected the moon when it was directly overhead whatever it was. He checked the position of the moon and then triggered his comm, ”Whatever it is, it’s directly below us. And we don’t have long until it tugs on the moon again. I vote taking as quick an approach as possible, while still being slightly defensive, in case it has other weapons.”

He knew that Adalia was on the frequency because he could hear her occasional muttered curses as she tried to draw the bugs away from the refugee ships. Which meant she’d also know that the two of them were about to try to take on something with the power to make a moon fall on its planet.

Adalia did not like the hand she'd been dealt, but she was used to being the butt end of a plan. "Thanks, loving this." She muttered as she 'cruised' past the group of bugs close enough to get their attention. They were swirling, massing and attempting to choose a target as many ships rose from the surface of Sernpidal attempting to escape the falling moon. "Come on you buggars, you know you want me." She muttered as she gazed at the swarm. Sparks behind her was protesting; having seen and heard what his counterpart R7 had experienced. "Yeah, yeah, I'm not hoping to get them on board either." She responded. At that moment one of the bugs seemed to stop and look at her, then without much warning it began to fly her way, it's counterparts beginning to follow. Adalia groaned and she banked hard to port and began to accelerate. "Here we go Sparks, hang on."

The man he followed was a Force user, and a strong one at that. It hadn't taken Kyp long to figure that out and that meant he knew the truth about himself. His comm to Adalia was open but softened as he knew she'd be cursing him and swearing like a trooper. He touched the comm to Xundel. "Ok, it's pretty clear we're both aware of each other, so no more games. Do you have a plan?"

Xundel smiled softly, at least the male wasn’t trying to play the ’I’m not a Jedi’ game anymore. It didn’t make their task any easier but it made planning easier. ”Call it the rudiments of a plan but sometimes that’s the best we can do.” he replied.

”Sernpidal Control gave us the coordinates so part one is to dive on the center of those coordinates. Best start that as I continue, time is running short.” he put action to words as he had Cutter take his ship in that exact direction. ”Do you happen to know how to use Crush? That would be quite helpful. If so then once we can be sure what it is we can work together, distracting or using that ability, depending on which of us it is targeting at the time, as we attack.”

There was a rumble of gravity; the creature in the depths reached out, trying to reach the moon again. The moon began to accelerate, tugged along its orbit -

It was getting worse… time was against them.

Kyp angled in and raised an eyebrow before rolling his eyes. 'Crush' he mused with a snort of derisiveness. He did manage to bite his tongue long enough to respond. "I can do that and it sounds like a plan, and.." he listened to the soft open comm, "I left my distraction out there." He had been paying attention to her as the truth was he was concerned for her welfare.

A chuckle died in Xundel’s throat, as he heard Cutter’s whistle that the gravatic pull had begun again. The distance closed to the target and he began to see...something. ”I believe I’ve found our target. And it’s begun again. So...I’ll swing to the other side of it and you approach from this and between us both trying to destroy it we should succeed.”

He throttled up, circling around to the far side of what appeared to be their target. As he got into position, ”On my mark. 3...2...1...Mark!” he called out as he reached out in the Force, Kyp he’d let try to crush it, he had a second idea. He pulled at the power of the creature, trying to wrench it’s pull away from the moon. As he felt the power begin to shift he touched his ‘guest’, ’Help, please.’ he thought. His eyes blazed swirling grey as he switched his influence on the creature and pushed its own power back at it, buoyed by the Balance.

The Force pressed upon the creature, but it was like all Yuuzhan Vong creations; outside the Force.

Completely and utterly.

But, were the air currents being drawn in?

The particles that pressed upon it?

Or the rock and stone that it was settled within?

No.

They were apart of the Living Force, and even from these distances, thanks to their combined power - in all ways - they could draw the entirety of the earth and air and tone around the dovin basil around it and -

CRUSH.

There was a sickening sense of a squash in their mental grip, as if they had killed a bug.

And it was done.

Sernpidal was saved.

Dobido was not going to fall…

Adalia was sweating hard, her wits almost at their end and her level of exhaustion almost at maximum. Her comm opened. "It's done, the moon has stopped its descent." She jerked hard to port and pulled up hard. "That's nice, now if you have time........I could use some help here." She bit out.

Xundel had pulled up from his dive and released the energy he’d been using. One hand wiped his brow as the other keyed his comm, calling Sernpidal Control. ”The moon should be stabilized now. Try to keep the refugee freighters away from the bugs, while we get our companion free of them. The secondary jump point should be available, if you still believe your people need to flee.” he sent.

”Adalia was it, we have stopped the moon’s fall and are headed in your direction now. Be prepared for high speed maneuvers, I have a few surprises for these bugs.” Xundel transmitted. Glancing back at Cutter, ”Yes, wrap them in the loose plating I know I’ve picked up recently. Means you’ll have to let them fly one at a time but they do need that extra protection from the metal eaters.”

He looked over to Kyp’s fighter, ”Let’s go save your friend.” as he pulled the nose up, powering up to arrow out of the atmosphere and toward the single ship being chased by the bugs.

Another transmission came through and she couldn't help her response. "That's wonderful, glad you guys got .....argh, the glory.....no you don't you kriffin piece of........High speed arrival would be better!"

Kyp had already begun the acceleration out, the effort of destroying the creature was still wearing on him but adrenaline was pumping as he heard Xundel refer to her as his 'friend'. He wished, would make this easier. "On it already."

Cutter whistled from the back that everything was ready, that all of them were prepared. ”All of them? Will have to restock as soon as possible then.” he muttered. He saw the fighter zipping toward the third craft and smiled, the male did seem to have a great sense of protection for the female.

He boosted the throttle even more, looping out so he passed around the outside of the bug cloud, on a course to bring him back and to the other two. As he flew, ”Ok, Cutter, begin firing them into the midst of the bugs.” he called out. By the time he caught up to Kyp and Adalia he transmitted to them, ”Let's hope all six charges blow before the bugs eat the fuses, and this should be one massive BOOM!”

[​IMG]

Adalia was panting softly by now. "Oh, you had something to help and decided to take it with you? That's lovely of you!" She snapped.

"Manners Ads." He brought his ship in behind her. "Break away, I got them till whatever he's done works, or not."

Adalia groaned as she pulled away as she twisted to see if his ploy was working, and to her relief it was. "Thanks for that, I'm sorry....just been a bit tense out here."

The swarm was utterly shredded.

It was a victory in the war against the Yuuzhan Vong, but in the meantime - many of the surrounding systems had fallen. They were behind enemy lines now, and they’d be unable to contact the New Republic High Command.

Comms were down, so unless Xundel had a plan they’d be heading back to Garqi as the last known spot still held by the New Republic, or all the way back to Yavin 4 or Ossus to regroup.

Would they tag along, or would they head back?

Adalia witnessed a massive explosion, one that made her shade her eyes with her hand. "Ok, that was impressive." She muttered, forgetting her comm was open to all. "And kinda pretty."

"That it was, nicely done Xundel. That's an impressive function you have there." Kyp said as he brought his ship up to level peg with Adalia's. "Tell me friend, you have a purpose from here?"

Xundel felt the shock wave throw them forward and he played with the throttle so that he and the others wouldn’t be blasted away from each other. When the shock cleared and the sensors showed that the bugs were gone he sighed. Checking the fuel situation, he knew he had enough to reach Bonadon still but the threat was everpresent. He tried a long range comm call but there was only static.

Turning his gaze he looked across at the others when he heard the comm call, sure they were having the same issue. ”I do, actually. What do you know of the Ones, the Father specifically?” He didn’t know whether they would accept him if they knew he served the Father but these two were worthy allies.

”I came this way en route to Sernpidal, tasked with finding a certain person there. She is important to what needs to be done to end the Chaos that grips the galaxy.” It was as much of what he needed to accomplish as he’d start with in informing them.

Adalia frowned, he'd said something that Kyp had mentioned in passing before, this was out of her depth so she remained silent, again.

Kyp considered his answer, and it was clear this man was not only a Force user but well resourced. "I do know of the Father." He said evenly, listening as the man went on. The galaxy was certainly in chaos, and he knew of the Father, the Son and the Daughter. He'd never encountered anyone or anything in connection with them and something told him this was something he needed to pursue. "Would we be able to offer assistance in your endeavors?" He asked cautiously.

Xundel was silent for a few moments as he thought about the offer. The Father had not spoken much about gathering allies yet the path was his to determine how best to fulfill his mission. And these two were an intriguing pair as well as worthy fighters and potential allies.

”What I do, must work toward, yes, honorable allies would be much appreciated. I do serve the Father, I am his Emissary.” he admitted. ”If that is acceptable then we can set course for Bonadon together.”

It was time Kyp decided. "We are honorable, that I assure you. I am Jedi Master Kyp Durron, and although I have no experience with the Father, I am aware of him. I offer you my support."

Adalia sitting silently rolled her eyes, she hated when he put on his 'jedi' voice but when she assumed she'd be along for such a ride, her silence ended. "Nice to be asked." Her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Kyp sighed. "I was getting there."

"Sure you were. Hey whatever, not like I have anything better to do. Just no more using me as bait."

A chuckle came over the comm, ”Pleasure to meet you. I was once a Jedi Knight, of the same species as the Grandmaster of the time, Yoda. And I welcome your assistance. Now, off to Bonadon.” he stated, setting the hyperdrive and preparing to engage it.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @darthhelinith, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun, @Adalia-Durron, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @Kato Sai, @TheAdmiral

Me posting when I'm clearly nobody... :p

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE ONE OF FIVE

OUTER RIM

GALACTIC NORTH

IC: Fin Galfiridian

Shramar, Banquet

The Imperial, Devry, led them to a large banquet hall. Fin listened to Han and his expression became one of utter contempt. Ben felt his anger simmer, but there wasn't much they could do about however many thousand Stormtroopers were here, surely? Let alone saving all the refugees?

As they entered the room though, he didn't recognise any of the Imperials present. In-fact, he was sure none of the Moffs were here. Definitely not Head of State Ephin Sarretti, who had pushed the Imperial Remnant towards the New Republic rather than the Eternal Empire - thanks to Feyna blowing up Moff Lecersen, and Ka'rta killing Moff Eccressys. Without them two, Sarretti had managed to appeal to the moderates among the eight Moffs.

Ben reasoned they were looking at Devry's conspirators on Shramar...

... and that the Imperial Moffs were not aware of what was happening here.

He looked at his father to see if he had realised, though Fin's temper was rumbling.

"Release my people to me, immediately. I have no desire for them to be held hostage by the Imperial Remnant. Artorias threw off the Empire when it had the chance decades ago. You can't have our people. This is not what the New Republic agreed to, and I shall make my displeasure known."

Devry turned. "Perhaps the Prince should be more diplomatic with his words when we are on my world."

Ben eyed the crowd. Hand-blasters, yes, but two Stormtroopers behind them.

They could take them, right?

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)
    ---
    IC: Almira

Darth Ramage's Cave

The lightsaber struck true, and the Holocron shattered -

A blaze of light consumed Leia, and Almira cried out, releasing the Nightsisters under her control -

For a brief moment, Leia was filled with knowledge as Darth Ramage's shade screamed, untethered, destroyed.

Knowledge on two rare if not extinct materials; bota and pyronium.

The ability to alter ones perception of time...

... to appear everywhere and nowhere, relative to others.

Ramage's experiments on Cephalon's, sentients that perceived reality in four dimensions...

... it was a lot of techno-babble, but it was but a moment, and it passed.

Leia would come to, conscious, unharmed, the green-ichor spirits having departed her.

Almira was straddling, and she sat back.

"You weren't breathing," she said, a bit red in the face. "I had to resuscitate you."

Leia's comm, discarded in her fall, lit with a message.

We're on our way to Garqi, catch up, your Mom is worried about the Vong.

It was her Dad, Arthur.

Of course, her sister Tor had also commed her.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence mentions only for @JediMasterAnne and @Jerjerrod-Lennox
    ---
    IC: Arthur

Aboard the No Luck Required, en route to Garqi; the Front

The Hit Squad was assembled.

Headed by Grandmaster Madelyn Linnett, assisted by Jedi Masters Corran Horn and Tresina Lobi, and bolstered by the Knights Lowbacca and Tahiri Veila, the former the nephew of the late Chewbacca, and the latter, a human the Tuskens had adopted and the New Jedi Order had later discovered. Tahiri was a little young for Arthur's liking, the sixth member of the team, but with his own daughter out at the front, and Ben Solo too, he didn't feel he could say much.

[​IMG]

Lowbacca

[​IMG]

Tahiri Veila

The No Luck Required was a modified YZ-775 medium transport, souped up by its pilot, Uldir Lochett, a Jedi initiate with a curious Force ability of sorts; he was, well, notwithstanding the name of his ship - Force lucky. A rare skill, it was said to compensate for the more traditional powers of a Jedi Knight, but it didn't translate into traditional service. He was however an adept pilot, and it fit that he was in the Pilot Corps.

[​IMG]

No Luck Required

[​IMG]

Uldir Lochett

Apart from the class one hyperdrive, the single turbolaser turret on the starboard side, and two proton torpedo launchers, Arthur's favourite feature were the four A-wings that the freighter could carry. It gave them a great deal more latitude, and with a crew of four ideally, but with the capacity to be piloted by one, they had a perfect setup.

It was no Osik, Ka'rta's old transport, but it was a good, hardy ship.

They reached Garqi in record time, but missed a comm call from Feyna while in transit from Tython. It rhymed that locating Palpatine would involve capturing a Yuuzhan Vong ship and backtracking, so here they were. Arthur leaned on the console and whistled as he looked out the viewport.

They were here.

Three New Republic fleets hung in orbit, some fifteen thousand ships. Chief among them were the three flagships - the Dodonna, commanded by Admiral Limpan, the Ocean commanded by Admiral Niathal and the Yald, commanded by General A’Bath - the Second, Third and Fifth Fleets respectively.

Admiral Limpan, appraised of their approach by Uldir - a ship couldn’t just head to the frontline without permission, after all - opened the channel. “Grandmaster Linnett, thank you for coming. Jedi Masters Durron have headed to Sernpidal to investigate the intrusion there, and I understand that General Solo has escorted the Artorias refugees to Shramar, where the Dubrillion refugees have headed as well.

She intended to go on, but there was a flicker of pseudomotion and a storm of coral ships appeared. The Yuuzhan Vong had arrived.

The numbers though, they were far larger than current estimates.

Tens of thousands of ships.

Six immense eight kilometre behemoths.

And as the backdrop to it all; a hundred and twenty kilometre monster of a worldship; a ship as large as the Death Star.

[​IMG]

The counter hit fifty thousand ships before it leapt to a million as the armada released a horde of coral starfighters.

The Force exploded into utter panic.

Corran and Tresina winced; the two Jedi Knights were stunned. For Madelyn, more attuned to the emotions of others by her skill at battle meditation, how would see take it?

“Open fire! Launch all fighters!”

“Fire!”

“Overlap formation!”

“Comm the Core, let them know we need reinforcements!”

The New Republic formation unleashed two hundred thousand starfighters in response to the enemies, when as the six Yuuzhan Vong dreadnoughts opened fire -

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (combo), mention for @JediMasterAnne only.
    —-
    IC: Prefect Da’Gara

Aboard the worldship, Domain Da’Gara, Battle of Mandalore

To describe the Mandalorian assault as beskar poisoning was especially accurate. As Da’Gara watched on his various feeds and sensors, the armoured warriors were cutting deep into the worldship. The Yuuzhan Vong were not prepared to repel a boarding action; indeed Domain Da’Gara - a Yuuzhan Vong clan was known as a Domain - was not a warrior domain; it was an intendant one, and Da’Gara had been heavily relying upon their technological superiority to win the battle.

The same could be said of the other two Domains of the Praetorite - Ma’Shraid and Brolo. They were given the task of propagation, to seed worlds for resources and turn systems to their cause… not to smash right into the heart of one of the strongest powers in the galaxy. Da’Gara squeezed his hands into fists and smashed them into the ozzgil he had used to communicate with the Mandalorians.

Half the armada has headed to Garqi and the rest was scattering across the north like an infection; he could call for reinforcements but would be Shamed, made an outcast for his failure. No. There would be only death or victory.

Turning to the small contingent of warriors in the command salon, he raises his arms to them, unwrapping his amphistaff. “Do ro’ik Vong pratte!”

It meant ‘and woe to our enemies’, but it was also the key to unlocking their most primal emotions in battle. The Yuuzhan Vong turned in one and the words echoed throughout the beleaguered worldship.

Da’Gara turned back to his villips and commanded the other two prefects to advance on Mandalore. Their very coral masses would be their weapons.

Ramming speed.

He left to catch up with his elites.

In the bowels of the Da’Gara worldship, the Mandalorians would find that the enemy was relentless but ill-prepared. They attacked with ferocity and refused to surrender, but they only had numbers and those were irrelevant in close quarter fighting. The spear-tip was Ka’rta, yes, but besides her was Hunter, Wrecker and Ordo. Because yes, Wrecker was so hard-shelled and his Bessie was so much beskar that he could survive a crash and climb out of it.

The Vong resistance had collapsed, but Hunter and Ordo had been setting charges through the vessel, explosives that Wrecker had demanded he had the right to detonate but of course the decision would remain with Mand'alor.

There was sudden clatter of noise and roar of Yuuzhan Vong -

As the three clones looked up, they could see half a dozen Yuuzhan Vong charging in full armour, preceded by a particularly ugly one -

"There!" They would all know the voice - it was Da'Gara himself!

[​IMG]

They lobbed thud and razor bugs, and charged, snake-staffs brandished -

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422
    ----
    IC: Nomi Da Boda

The galactic edge, Bonadon, Corporate Sector

The Force spoke of the time for many to act, as if awakening like it had some twenty-nine head sago, but this time, it was more the confrontation of a hundred thousand destinies that had been released into the void, only to conflict and clash, to overlap and trip over each other… a true Twilight upon the Force, perhaps.

Today was that day, it seemed.

Nomi looked up at the sky and focused upon the distance.

She sighed slightly and turned back to her hut.

Her grandmother had been right.

Again.

---
    Spaceport

[​IMG]

Bonadon

The world of Bonadon was one world abandoned by this war; strip-minded by the Corporate Sector Authority to feed the war machine of the galaxy. Happily supplying the Imperial Remnant, then the New Republic, and now considering cozying up to the Yuuzhan Vong, the former Separatists had simply grown richer. Even the removal of most of the corporate board colluding with Darth Zorn had not slowed down their greed and avarice.

But now Bonadons’ resources were gone, it was a quiet one.

It is also a beautiful one.

A valley of cylindrical mountains rises over water spotted with junk boats. This planet exists in permanent sunset, lit by its bustling nightmarkets; a world of perpetual twilight. In the Force, it feels like a world on the verge of death, and yet teeming with life.

It was the final words of this world, but also the first of a new chapter.

Any ship which arrives would land on a multi-levelled docking array. It feels like a tower of lilypads, a visiting ship on each. It would be on this array that a ships landed, belonging to Xundel, Kyp, Adalia and also Barriss Ofee and her wife Zara, adopted daughter Luminara, as well as her family; her husband, Justin, and three children, Oeeta, Puck, and Akira.

Each had been led here by currents in the Force, through all manner of chaos in the galaxy, skirting the galactic edge. Sernpidal was better off for it; Nadiem was doomed because of it.

One would have to wonder as to their first impressions.

TAG: @CosmoHender, @darthbernael, @Adalia-Durron (arriving and combo?)
    ---
    The Village Aurilia

[​IMG]

There wasn’t much to add about why they had ended up here.

After all, this wasn’t the first village that had acted as a retreat for Force users, and it would likely not be the last. Indeed, there weren’t any members of the original core of former Jedi that had founded the first Aurilia on Dathomir, before Dark Jedi serving Emperor Amedda had destroyed it.

Eventually the concept had settled upon Bonadon, thanks in part to the quiet guiding hand of Nomi’s grandmother. She shook her head somewhat as she wandered the huts, noting those that belonged to smugglers and spice-diggers, who financed the village by paying her to find deposits in asteroids. Most of them had arrived from ruined worlds in the Eternal Empire, but they were an alright sort, and their leader, Zorii Bliss, kept them in check.

Of course, since the Jedi had recovered under Grandmaster Madelyn Linnett, there were no Jedi here - hadn’t been for some decades actually. Just one Force user resided here, and she wasn’t a Jedi. Instead she was the child of Senex Lord and her mother, who had been descended from a Jedi herself by the name of Vima Da-Boda.

The diminutive woman sat in her tent and stared into the depths of the Force. It was her role to find things, to guide them, to take them forward. Often the local criminal element hired her to find spice veins among the asteroids deeper in-system, and Nomi obliged, if only to generate goodwill, but funds and community were also a thing.

Today, or perhaps tomorrow, she would continue her great role and locate what the Jedi sought, and their adventure would truly begin.

The little telepathic Hoojib, Geb, watched her with unblinking eyes.

[​IMG]

Geb

This would be an especially dangerous moment for them all.

She would scry one more time, and the truth would be exposed to them.

What did their hearts desire?

Truth would be told.

TAG: @Nobody

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE TWO OF FIVE

OUTER RIM

EAST

IC: Ivaar Workan

Nadiem

The world burned.

It had been christened in Sith fire, and the would form the cradle of a new Sith Empire.

High Lord Ivaar Workan peered down at the broken form of Grand Lord Vol.

He had been in his seventies, so it was not especially surprising that he had not survived the plummet from orbit.

Ivaar eyed the other High Lord, Takaris Yur. The other surviving Sith Lords watched the two of them. Ivaar spoke first. "The Grand Lord if dead."

Takaris bowed. "Long live the Grand Lord."

Heat rose up within Ivaar; anticipation. He had the power he had always sought... even if he was ruling the remnants of the Tribe.

But a few hundred Sith was all the Tribe had once been made up of, five thousand years ago.

"Scour this place. Find technology to repair the Omen, or, failing that, ships for us to take off-world. Comlinks, blasters, power supplies - all of it. Bring it here, and we shall be free of this new world before the Jedi and their cursed Republic can find us. We shall vanish into the galaxy and take what we need."

Ship had told Grand Lord Vol much of the galaxy; not everything, but enough to get started.

Workan was sure that the Lost Tribe of the Sith would escape Nadiem soon enough.

It was their destiny.

TAG: No One