main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Mar 24, 2015.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Thought I would get this thread started as a date was officially announced by Bob Iger. May 26th, 2017. 40 years and 1 day after the release of Episode IV. What do you think of the switch back to a May release, coming just 17 months after the release of The Force Awakens?

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

:D

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Two years from today, Star Wars returns to May!!

4. Kirst'l Kinda

Kirst'l Kinda Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2015
    So, not only is it coming back to May (which I love), but with the release of Rogue One in December of 2016, that's three Star Wars films in 17 months. That really excites me!

I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where we're getting two movies a year as the Marvel Cinematic Universe has done recently

AuttyBot likes this.
  5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm sure everybody has seen it, but for the record...

At the end, I think Han's speaking for all of us Star Wars fans.

Kirst'l Kinda likes this.
  6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Release has been pushed back to December of 2017. So I guess the thread title is still accurate :)... I don't mind too much if the delay is going to make for a better movie I guess. It's just interesting because I thought that Mark Hamill had already shot somem scenes for this in Ireland back in October.

7. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    It was reported that He was filming in Ireland as You say He-Guy. I for one have no problem with a different release date. I'm just glad that there will be another. =D=

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    From StarWars.com...

Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII, which began principal photography at Pinewood Studios in London on February 15, 2016.

Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is written and directed by Rian Johnson and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.

[No mention of Harrison Ford...guess he's really dead. And no mention of Peter Mayhew...perhaps he has stepped down as Chewbacca?]

he-guy likes this.
  9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The Last Jedi... trailer coming soon!! :)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    New trailer... wow!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

11. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    New trailer dropping tomorrow during Monday Night Football (and online) and tickets available!! ~18:15 Mountain time. So far it looks like the RPX (Continental) has these show times: [​IMG]

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs

12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Trailer and ticket madness were fun last night. It's interesting that Rian Johnson said to avoid it to be spoiler free, but I don't think anything was spoiled based on the quick (and probably misdirected) cuts chosen for marketing the film. Like the April teaser, just makes me want to see the next part of the story even sooner - porgs and all.

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  13. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Everyone is going to want their own tickle-me Porg for Christmas this year.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    This Thursday! I'm so excited!

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Almost there...
    [​IMG]

16. Wes Thornton

Wes Thornton Jedi Padawan

Nov 22, 2017
    Come to the dark side...We have cookies.

17. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    So I tried to post this the weekend after the movie, but posts weren't... posting. Trying again now to see if things are working yet.

I finally saw the movie, a couple days late. (Long story, involves a freeway closure and super long detour and more roads closed through the hills the night tickets went on sale.)

So, what do people think? Overall I liked it. I think it was a good movie. But, I think it's a different kind of movie than the original trilogy and I'm not sure I can put my finger on quite how yet. Rogue One felt like it fit in with the original trilogy extremely well to me, but this felt different. I am definitely glad that I managed to remain completely spoiler free... that was definitely worth it. I saw a trailer or two, and a tv spot or two, but that was it. And so, I was surprised a few times by what happened. I didn't really have conscious expectations, but at the same time some of the major plot points were not what I expected, if that makes sense.

Are we doing spoiler masking here?