main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Star Wars: Episode X: DUEL OF THE FATES ~ 2021 Best RPG ~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 25, 2020.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tirran Huxley
    Coruscant, Level 1313, a little shop

Noise, always something. Hagglers, unpleasant shoppers, over-exuberant fans. Oh for the fans! Only Tirran was not a famous singer, he was just a singer. After all one could expect such things even at this level, but if you developed them they were the kind you made sure tripped down the chute sooner rather than later. A two-man patrol’s attention was what he actually garnered, at first he hoped they might be customers, but -well these were the two he got. Two that came in with purpose and then got countermanding orders. Poor saps, didn't even know what they were trying to do so Huxley played the concerned and contrite, but with the grin that said it all. That both sides knew it was all a production for the sake of the other dwellers of this level.

And then they moved on. Only his store front, with the doorway leading to the hall of doors to tiny theme rooms for karaoke fun were divided, did not stay empty. A small child, possibly that small child from the playback just a little bit ago trudged in. Leaning forward he looked at the child, curious. An old term rag-a-muffin came to mind. The Neimoidians had meant they wanted to eat you, you looked soft.

Two Stormtroopers were evident through the front window…still. Hmm. "Come on in boy, your friends are worried about you in back. Took you long enough on that sweets run. Quickly now, the room is about to expire. You don't want to miss the last song, I'll guide you back." Huxley calmly stated as he pressed a few keys calling up a droid to watch the store front as he moved his exosuit to open the door. Making way to lead the child to a private room where they could talk, and he could properly scan the child. It was up to the kid whether he came or not.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @The Jedi in the Pumas

2. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Barriss and Xundel, with @CosmoHender in combo
    Bonadon, Meetings

When Barriss looked down at Xundel, she was reminded of a face that she had not seen in over sixty years. He's the same species as Master Yoda, Barriss thought to herself. Though Xundel didn't give off the same patience and compassion that Master Yoda had when Barriss once lived in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. She could still remember the old Jedi Master's warm smile, his words of wisdom, and his occasional acts of trickery. He had even once saved her life when she and her former master had been attacked on Illum by chameleon droids. Illum was now just a memory as well, thanks to the war between the First Order and the Resistance. Barriss never found out what happened to Yoda and she did not know if he fell victim to the Purge or had survived like she had. The last time that she had spoken to him was before she was exposed as a traitor who was responsible for the bombing of the Temple she called home and the deaths of her fellow Jedi. He must have been so disappointed in her after the truth came out...

Enough reminiscing, Barriss decided. Whoever this was in front of her, he was not Yoda. She didn't know who this was, but she had come to the same conclusion as Nomi: He did not feel good in the Force. He gave her a bad feeling, a familiar feeling. She realized that this being had more in common with herself than the Yoda that she remembered so fondly. And that wasn't a good thing. She did not know what Nomi had given her either, but she would find out soon enough. First, she would have to deal with the matter of this strange little visitor. "Who are you?" Barriss asked after a tense silence. "And what purpose brought you here?"

Xundel had trundled along, taking in the relatively few sights of the planet as he approached the settlement. When he arrived a pair of beings had greeted them and he’d started a conversation but before it could get too far along two others appeared. His shock at seeing one of them caused him to pause in the conversation long enough to allow her to make the other two wander off. ’Hmmm, a leader here it seems…’ he thought. Which reminded him of why she seemed familiar, she was almost the spitting image of her grandmother.

Before he could say anything to her she too walked off, leaving him with the last who had arrived. As with Vima’s descendant she too had that aura of Force ability around her, not Light nor Dark but something in between. The silence dragged out for a few minutes, possibly because she hadn’t seen another like him since the Grandmaster, so it was understandable.

At her question he smiled, ”Hmmm, oh, what brought me here? Well, to answer your first question, I’m Xundel, I guess a former Jedi Knight. Don’t know if I’m still in the Archives or not. Been wandering a while.” he said with a little bow, feigning almost tripping over his cane in the process.

As he stood back up he gazed up and beamed at her, ”As to why I’m here, I wasn’t too far away checking out a relic I thought was possibly Force related. But it turned out what I was sensing was your little community here. Tell me, are all here like you, more shades of Grey than Light or Dark?

Barriss was actually surprised when she heard Xundel speak. She had honestly assumed that Yoda's weird speech patterns were just how his species talked. So she was expecting Xundel to talk similarly. However, Barriss didn't say anything about it. Whether Xundel talked like Yoda or not didn't matter. What did matter were his claims that he is a former Jedi Knight. If they were true, then he must have been wandering for a while since she had no recollection of him even being mentioned to her during her training in the Temple. He could have been in the Archives, but all knowledge that the Archives once had been lost in the Purge. However, she didn't buy how he seemed to trip over his cane as he bowed. She suspected that it was an act, one to make her thing that he was weaker than he really was. But once again, Barriss didn't say anything about it.

"No," she told the strange little visitor. "While this village was intended as a redoubt for Force users like myself, few actually live here. Mostly it's just the local common folk and the strays, as well as smugglers and spice-diggers who arrived here nine years ago. But as for the Force users who are here, we don't serve either the Light or the Dark. These people are just trying to survive, to find some balance and sustainability instead of getting involved in conflicts that they have no business fighting in. And I'm Barriss, by the way. Barriss Offee. Of course, plenty of folks just know me as the Healer. But I figured you might as well know my real name, since I'm a former Jedi Knight as well. Not anymore, of course. There aren't any Jedi left."

Xundel’s smile stayed in place as he nodded along while she spoke, her body language, emotions, and surface thoughts telling him as much, if not more than her words. The fact she did not recognize his name made him wonder how much of what he’d done in the name of the Jedi had either been forgotten or attributed to others while he was gone.

When she said the Jedi were gone his brow rose and one ear flicked up and down, as though agitated. If she wasn’t going to admit how many Force users were here he wasn’t going to mention that he could feel their various echoes in the Force, even out to the edge of the sector. Chuckling, ”Never thought I’d see Vima’s relatives outside a Jedi temple.” he mentioned in an offhand fashion.

”But...you are wrong. There is still a bright Light, a couple lesser too, as well as a good handful of deep Darkness in the Galaxy. The idiots,” he almost spat on the ground, ”are still trying to destroy to galaxy to either rule it or ‘save’ it. And both have lost the old knowledge, which could truly help the galaxy.”

Barriss had heard rumors of the girl called Skywalker, especially from the spice-diggers and smugglers. Apparently their leader, Zorii Bliss, had even crossed paths with the girl nine years ago. Skywalker. Now that was a name that the galaxy would not let her forget. She knew Anakin Skywalker from her time in the Temple, since he was the one who had trained her former friend Ahsoka Tano and he had been the one to expose her as the one behind the bombing. She also knew what Anakin Skywalker had become, since Barriss had lost one of her arms to the red blade of Darth Vader. And Barriss knew Anakin's son, Luke, who had once sought her out after the Battle of Endor. He had been searching the galaxy for knowledge that could help him rebuild the Jedi Order and he offered her a place in his new Order, since she was one of the last to have been trained by the old Order. But Barriss had turned him down then and she later heard of what happened to the students that he had tried to teach. And now there was this new Skywalker. Could she be Luke's daughter, perhaps? In any case, the galaxy believed her to be "the last Jedi" though Barriss herself was skeptical of such claims.

Barriss shook her head. "It doesn't matter," she told Xundel. "It won't end. The fighting, I mean. The struggle between Light and Dark will continue until there is nobody left to wage war. The galaxy may change. The Jedi may change. But the conflict remains the same. And I want no part of it. I fought in the Clone Wars, many years ago. That was a mistake, since it led me to darkness. I almost destroyed myself then, as well as the life of someone that considered me a friend. But there are also those who are dead because of my actions and nothing will ever change that."

A feigned sense of shock had Xundel take a step back, ”You mean Life and Death are not the driving impetus of the galaxy? That we do not see or cause such with either our actions or inactions?”

He stepped forward again, ”Grow up, child. And yes, even at your age you are. Our actions have consequences, whether we take an action or not. All you do by doing nothing is allow both those sides to destroy more life, to edge closer to this haven you have, until it matters not which side it is, your peace here will be shattered. I do not say that direct action against ether is the way, at least not in the state you, I, or this place are.”

His three fingered hand swept out, taking in the harsh, unforgiving landscape, ”But just because this place offers you that peace doesn’t mean you hide. I would offer you and those that could assist, a chance to create something different. But, whether you do or not, I will find those that will and someday, if you do not at least consider it, we will mourn your flickering flame’s passing.”

Barriss stared down at Xundel. "It was by fighting in the Clone Wars that doomed the old Jedi Order," Barriss reminded him. "I was there to witness the demise of the Order and the victory of the Sith. So many of my fellow Jedi died or lost themselves in that senseless conflict. It was that conflict that gave rise to Darth Vader and the Inquisitors. By choosing to become generals for the Republic's armies, the Jedi had already lost. That is why I have sworn to not get involved in these conflicts. But I do more than nothing. I have a ship and I travel to worlds wounded by conflict, helping them to heal and recover. Just because I choose to be a recluse doesn't mean I am hiding." A slight anger started to build up inside her. "I am trying to avoid doing more harm than good. You think this place offers me peace? I have not felt peace in over sixty years." She could still recall the first line of the Sith Code: Peace is a lie. She didn't believe it, but the words had stuck with her. And though Xundel claimed to be offering her a chance to create something different, that was a claim that she had heard before.

Xundel laughed, in a way that would remind her even more of Yoda, curling around the cane he leaned on for a few moments before he could get his breath back. ”I think I’m going to like you, Barriss. Such fire.” He chortled some more before he stood back up to his diminutive highest.

”Did I say we would fight them? Did I say I was going to lead and guide and act as ruler of such a thing? Oh, by the gods no, better to have a council of sorts, and even something like that has to start with two beings agreeing it should be done.”

His expression grew dark, ”You do not have sole claim on having seen or been a part of the destruction of society, oh no not at all. Just because there was ‘peace’ before these recent wars does not mean that it was peaceful, or that the Sith were gone, or that the Jedi were truly the ‘good guys’. I cannot do all of it alone and do not have all the answers, hence desiring others that feel the same to work together to figure out how to make it work and then begin doing so.”

Barriss thought about this. "I won't stop you from searching for others who would be willing to help you and I won't stop them from joining you either. I will let you go in peace, but I do not think that I will be going with you." She sighed. "I have been tainted by the dark. If the galaxy is to have hope, it doesn't need failures like myself. Already I have lived longer than I deserve to. I only continue living and continue helping others so that my former master's death is not in vain. She died so that I could live and I must respect that. However, I would be of no help to you." She genuinely believed this as well.

He nodded, almost sagely over his cane, a small sigh uttering from his lips. Letting the cane drop for a moment he turned his palms upward. In one hand purple lightning gathered, arcing between his fingers, in the other a pure white light gathered, like a ball. They both arced and leapt from his palms, meeting and becoming a writhing ball of light, neither winning out over the other but merely two halves of a whole. When they left his palms his cane rose and he grunted as he leaned over it again.

In a near whisper, ”We who have seen and experienced both the Light and the Dark are the ‘light in the darkness and the darkness in the light’. After all, does the light not cast every shadow and does not every shadow need the light to form? Both sides are needed, the pain of experience must be a teacher to those who could learn and lead. And I could sorely want for a healer that would be by the side of those of us who try to balance the galaxy.” His eyes sought out hers as he spoke.

”Don’t give up what you could offer the galaxy in such a place because you do not feel worthy of it. Only those who have experienced that feeling know what must be done to bring a true peace, light and dark in harmony, to the galaxy.” he said, just as quietly.

"I am afraid that is where we disagree," Barriss admitted to Xundel. "The dark side corrupts. That is its nature. It twists its users, taints their souls and turns good people bad. The dark side is too seductive, too dangerous. This I know from experience. By the time that I was able to pull myself away from that path, the damage had already been done. I understand what you're trying to say, I really do. But the risk is too great. The balance that you suggest just isn't possible."

”And this is why the precursor Jedi ruptured…” Xundel muttered.

He extinguished the ball of energy, looking back up at Barriss, ”I wish you could have seen what I’ve seen, of the truth of what we should have been. I truly do. The Prime Jedi would weep at what has become of those who utilize the Force today. Yes, I cannot deny that there are those who will always fall to the seduction of the Dark but you cannot deny that the Jedi are pure or Light. Even when I left they were beginning to lose their connection to the Force by becoming too rigid, to unyielding in belief to allow any chance to understand what I know now.”

He sat down, or rather he crossed his legs, in the air, his cane still on the ground, tip tapping gently. ”We were meant to teach and guide both sides, to be the kernel of darkness in the light and the kernel of light in the darkness. To teach that both are equally important and to guide those that follow either path while being aware that there would be those who go to the extreme in either direction.” Bowing his head he sighed, ”Maybe there truly is no hope for an end to the ‘tyranny’ of either side.”

Barriss glanced at the datacron in her hands, the one that Nomi had given her. Nomi had said it contained a suggestion of where Barriss should go, something that Nomi had found. It seemed that Nomi may have her own idea of what Barriss' destiny should be, just like how Xundel believed that her destiny was to teach and guide both sides. However, that was where she believed Xundel to be wrong.

"I'm sorry," she told him. "But no. I will never teach others the ways of the dark side or send them down the same path of self-destruction as I once did. Not after everything that I've been through. The dark side only leads to loss and suffering. I know this too well. The old Jedi Order wasn't perfect, but the solution to their flaws isn't to teach the ways of the dark side. I would only teach others the ways of the dark side if I had not learned anything from my experiences. The price of the dark side is too great."

Lifting his head from the almost meditative position as he floated there, in the air, his eyes met hers once more. ”He had it wrong, the Grandmaster, or rather he was, in a way incorrect, although the premise is correct, ‘Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.’ Your fear of the dark side, of its ability to seduce, is what leads you toward that path inexorably. And, to add another line of his, ‘That is why you fail.’ I am sure you have heard that from him before but I can see you will refuse to take part. So be it, remain at the fringes of the battle that can be stopped.”

A sigh, his legs unfolded and set his feet back on the packed earth. ”Go where you will but let any other make their own choices, regardless of who it is making the choice.” he cautioned, knowing she would know that he meant the one who had brought her to meet him.

Barriss once again felt a slight anger building up in her, frustrated at this strange little being who talked as if he knew her and if he knew more than Master Yoda had. She sensed arrogance within him, a trait not uncommon among those who tampered with the dark side... but then again it was also not uncommon among those who served the light during the Clone Wars as well. One of the things that had led to the death of the original Order had been their blind arrogance. But Xundel did not know her, not really. And she did not care if he truly knew her, even if he was a former Jedi Knight herself. Because he was no longer a Jedi and neither was she. Though she saw herself in Xundel, she recognized that the two of them were on different journeys. Yes, they had both experienced the light and the dark. But they had come to completely different conclusions. "Then I am afraid that I have nothing left to say to you," she said to Xundel with a voice that betrayed her irritation. "May you find whatever you are looking for."

He stayed hunched over the cane, looking up at her, a wry smile on his face. ”That is the beauty of being Grey, that there is much room for every belief. But I still believe you will see the truth, eventually. Until then, may the Force guide you.” he stated, unmoving, waiting to see who others would approach, would want to know what he had to teach, to learn from them.

But Barriss had run out of patience for Xundel's ramblings about the "truth." She said nothing else and began to walk away, back toward her hut. There she would decide her next move. As she walked, Barriss gave the datacron handed to her by Nomi a closer look. Perhaps it would be able to help her.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @CosmoHender

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Rhoen Aquilla
    Chandrila

Rhoen was also a light sleeper, years of sudden drills, and more sudden attacks during the failed fight of the resistance had left him sensitive to the slightest noise. Hearing the clang from out in the barn had him snap awake next to his wife. As she tied her dressing gown he lept up grabbing a shirt from the closet and pulling down his blaster. He didn't want to leave it somewhere Val could get at it.

His heart was racing, they had been here for near a decade, it wasn't easy but, they hadn't been found. He didn't want to make this choice, he didn't want to throw himself back into the fight. He had a family, a child, he didn't want to lose it, not now.

Strapping his pistol to his hip he moved to Syal giving her a quick kiss as he past her. They had planned for this, had expected this. The day they were found out, the time when the government learned of them, of their former allegiances. His go bag was packed right alongside Syal's. They had an escape plan, Syal would take the small freighter they had and take Val, Rhoen would fly cover with his old X-Wing.

His X-Wing, it was in the barn. Hidden under a tarp and behind some easily moved farming equipment. Bounding down the steps he slipped into his boots that he kept by the door. They were tight enough for him to run unencumbered. On his gun belt he drew a small glowrod along with his heavy pistol. He didn't want to accidentally shoot some punks just looking for a quick buck. He also didn't want to be unprepared if it was more than just punks.

Coming up to the barn he pressed himself against wall finding the front already open. Moving carefully he looked around the edge peering inside for any movement. Taking a breath he shined his light into the space, his pistol ready to fire at anything that seemed remotely threatening.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

4. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    IC as Kacynna Juwee

Core Worlds ; Chandrila ; onboard the Hardknock

"GWWWOOORRHHFFF GRROOOWWWFFFF!" Rusk barked and started off at a rapid pace throughout the ship, his thick paws thudding against the metal floor. This much wasn't unusual for the cannok, and there were very few times where he did so quietly. Kacynna called this phenomenon the "zoomies", where the pup would get himself worked up and make several laps inside the ship; oftentimes crashing into doorways from his size and clumsiness.

The Dug idly stroked her face tendrils, reclining in a comfortable salvaged chair brought from home while. The sounds of Rusk were but white-noise with Cynna focusing solely on the teachings being offered to her.

"You've mentioned this before." She pipped, rolling her fingers along her mustache-like protrusions. She had heard little of this Journal, but this particular hologram was quite adamant about bringing it up and what it contained. "And I've told you: Kacy... Cynna... even Kay; you don't have to call me Padawan Juwee.

Anyway, this tomb... what might be insi---"

"GGWWWWAAAARHWOOOOOOOF! WHOOOOF WHOOOORRRFF!" Rusk barreled into the room, taking a rough tumble (though not the first) to collide with a now-reinforced table to knock over a few metal cups and containers. He scrambled to his feet, barking and carrying on as the voice over the ship's comms screeched through the broken speakers.

"Unidentified Starlight-class freighter, identify yourself."

Kacynna looked up thoughtfully and turned her gaze to Rusk before leaping up from her chair to grab the handholds installed in the ceiling of her ship by her father. Like a primate, she swung herself out of the doorway, keeping to the vault of the hallway while the cannok kept to the deck beneath her.

She plopped down in the captain's chair, flicking several switches with both her rear and front hands. "Resurgent-class, this is the Captain of the Hardknock. Just here on holiday. Requesting landing permissions."

She flicked a glance back to her canine companion and raised her brows. "They've no reason to search us..." Cynna sighed. "... what do they want, boy?"

The cannok draped his legs over the arm of the chair, panting and drooling while she scratched between his eye-stalks. Hopefully, this would go over well.

5. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    IC: Lin
    Myrra Spaceport, Akiva, Outer Rim
    (GM approved)

[​IMG]

Lin recovered from Rizo’s shove and cursed as she watched the Ranat disappear into the sleek starship nearby. Alarms were blaring and people were running everywhere. Someone screamed that it was TIE fighters.

Even the storm troopers were in a panic. That was most worrying of all. If the First Order had finally come to stamp their claim on Akiva, that probably meant the spaceport was about to be flattened.

Lin’s eyes darted about. She was used to thinking on her feet in a deadly crisis and figuring out how to survive. The ramp to that nearest starship was still open.

Lin dashed after Rizo and found him inside in the cockpit desperately trying different switches.

“You dirty rodent!” she shouted at him, raising her fists. “I should break your nose!”

Rizo spun in the chair, twitching with panic, and smiled nervously, showing pointed teeth.

“Lin! It’s not like that, honest. I was waiting for you… I even left the ramp down… for you…”

She hesitated, unconvinced. But she did not really have time to fight him. She huffed and took the seat next to him. “Well, close it now, we’ve got to get out of here.”

“I can’t find the damn switch!” he snarled, searching the console again.

Lin gave him a sour look then pulled the relevant lever. The ramp raised and the ship sealed with a clunk.

“Great!” Rizo looked at her expectantly. “Can you fly this thing then?”

“Well, no…” she stared back at him. “Can you?”

“WHAT?” cried Rizo. “Oh, now what are we going to do?”

Lin felt the urge to punch him again. “So what was the big fracking idea coming in here? Oh, never mind.”

Chaos reigned outside. Beings stampeded. Starships lifted.

She began studying the console herself. “Alright… how hard can it be? Hmmm… fuel, systems power, life support. And… that’s the flight controls… switch those to active will you?”

Rizo complied then stared at her. She also started to flick switches and the engines coughed into life.

“So, when I worked for Handy, he had me flying a T-47 airspeeder for his pick-ups..." She toggled some more buttons to change to green status, then shrugged. “That was before I kicked him in the head…”

She shuddered, remembering her fight with the Besalisk gangster.

Rizo chortled. “Lin, why is it you end up pissing everyone off?”

“Must be my sparkling personality,” she sighed ruefully. “But he deserved it! He got too handy with me, you know? Anyway, I’m guessing the principle is the same… until we get into space of course, haha.”

She frowned and searched the console.

“What are you looking for?” said Rizo, also studying frantically.

“A big red button that says ‘TAKE OFF’…” she muttered.

“Lin, this is serious! Look at those people scrambling around out there!”

“So am I… aha,” she grinned at him when she found the lever. “Automated launch sequence. Get ready…”

She shoved the lever forward. If they had done things right, it would travel up the slot and set in the sequence. These modern ships had many automated cycles so that even a halfwit like Rizo could fly them… but if they had done anything wrong… one relevant light still on red instead of green… they were about to get a rude error bleep…

*​

The engines roared and the ship lifted off. Lin and Rizo cheered in jubilation. It hovered for several moments until Lin took hold of the steering vane and shoved it forward. The ship zoomed out of the port hangar, nearly colliding with two other freighters. All manner of ships were fleeing the scene now.

“Whoa! This thing really moves!” said Lin. Rizo clutched onto his chair arms.

Lin weaved between the stampede until clear, then pointed the ship skyward and increased the thrust. And the controls obeyed!

“Alright,” she said, grinning at Rizo. “As easy as a bala-bala.”

She felt a thrill in her heart. She had finally lifted off from Akiva. Not in the manner she had planned, but, well, plans were overrated. She glanced at the credit chip she kept mounted and locked on her wristband. One thousand, two hundred and thirty two credits. All she had to her name. She hoped it would be enough to set up, wherever she was going…

Rizo frowned back at her. “Yeah, but we gotta work the navcom…”

As if on cue, an angry red light flashed at them from the nav section.

“What’s that flashing?” said Rizo.

“Uhhh maybe now we got thrust we should cut the repulsorlifts?” said Lin over the roar of the engines. The ship shuddered as it fought to break from the gravity of Akiva.

She tried switching off the repulsors. The ship immediately began to nosedive back towards the ground.

“NOPE!” she said, grimly. Rizo screamed

“Switch them back on!” said Lin, wrestling with the controls.

The Ranat complied and the angular craft lifted again towards the heavens. Rizo glared at Lin, remembering a rumour. “Hey, did you crash Handy’s T-47?”

She grimaced. “Only once!”

Rizo clapped a hand to his furry forehead. “We’re gonna die, we’re gonna die…”

An alarm began screeching in time to the flashing light.

“Ugh, what now?” said Lin, trying to read what seemed like a hundred controls at once.

“Dunno…” said Rizo, diving beneath the console. The Ranat fidgeted around her legs.

“Hey! What’re you doing down there?” she said over the screeching alarm.

“I found the owner’s manual…” said Rizo. “Oh no, it says we gotta take it to an authorized dealer, immediately!”

Lin scowled. “It always says that… Look, maybe if we just keep going it will go away? Get back up here. I need you to watch the levels.”

Rizo reappeared, swiping frantically through information on the datapad. The alarm kept on screeching.

“It’s doing my head in!” Rizo clutched his round rodent ears.

Lin produced her vibrodagger from its sheath at her waist. The energy weapon hummed into life as it was drawn. She rammed it into the red light. This, and the alarm, died with an electronic sizzle.

“There. See? Fixed!” she said.

When the alarm ceased Lin noticed the roar of the ascent had also fallen away. The ship was calming. They passed through the upper strata of the atmosphere and into the inky black of space.

“We did it!” said Lin. “We made orbit!”

“Uhhh… I think I know what that alarm was…” said Rizo, peering out of the cockpit. “Collision course warning.”

“But there’s nothing near us!” said Lin, glancing either side.

The Ranat pointed ahead. “No, but we’re heading directly for something really big!”

Lin saw it too, now. So dark it was almost invisible against the backdrop of the void, the gargantuan wedge of a First Order dreadnought glowered at them.

Lin’s draw dropped. “I have a bad feeling about this…”

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  6. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Approved by Sinre

The Stranger

The Hangar

The Stranger flicked his eyes around the chaos, and quickly merged into the panicking crowd. He sensed the darkness aboard the Night Buzzard. It had a sickly allure to it... One that the Stranger felt he had to resist.

Time to exit. The Wandering One thought to himself, and locked his eyes on a YT-1930. He watched a humanoid run into the ship, and slipped in before the ramp went up. He watched, hungrily, as the owner slipped into the cockpit unaware of The Stranger's presence.

A large, manic smile slipped onto the Stranger's face. He followed, silently, and stood directly behind the struggling pilot as they flicked a few switches and prepared for take off.

A vibroblade slipped into the Stranger's hand. The humming noise alerted the pilot, but it was too late.

The vibroblade, in a quick sudden motion, slid delicately across the back of the pilot's neck. The vibrating, red-hot blade, ripped the pilot's neck into shreds, while instantly cauterizing it.

The Stranger nudged the body to the side, and sat in the pilot's seat. He inhaled deeply from his nostrils, and began to pilot the ship.

His instinct, or power, whatever they called it, gave him a brief knowledge on what to do, so figuring out the controls was no problem.

One thing that did attract his attention was his previous ship, the Fury, flying out of the hangar. The Stranger grinned, and decided to tail them for a short time. He knew, perhaps they had some useful information for him... But The Stranger had nothing else to do. The other people, the ones with the power, were of no use to him, as they didn't help him. For now, the pilot of the Fury had earned the attention of the Stranger, and so they were destined to meet.

@Sinrebirth @TheSilentInfluence @Kurisan

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  7. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Combo with @Sinrebirth :)

IC: Vicrul Ren

Vicrul finished sharping his weapons, standing up to make his way just outside the cockpit. He was well aware of Hattaska's irrational hatred for him. It did not bother him, in the same way, one was not bothered with an insect annoyances to the human race. It was of no consequence, something to be kept in mind but not acted on.

“Is it her?”

Vicrul tilted his head in thought, feeling the signatures on the planet below. Light and Dark, there were at least two Force-users, nay three...but none of them were Rey. Regardless they were required to die, it was their fate.

"No" he stated simply. Turning back to sit down, waiting for Hattaska to either blow up the planet or move them to confront the enemy.

There was a hiss amongst them. It wasn't what they wanted to hear. They wanted someone to hint that their pursuit of the Last Jedi was over. Hattaska glanced to Jaedec, who shrugged.

"We wait to see who escapes, and then we hunt them down," their leader declared.

The twins glanced at each other, and then back at Vicrul, as if he might disagree. As they held, the Knife 9 moved forward, a dozen TIE Whisper starfighters were deployed. Two pilots, hyperdrive equipped shields; advanced fighters. More than enough for a world like Akiva.

[​IMG]

The Night Buzzard was more dangerous than any of them, but the Knife 9 could erase Myrra City in an instant.

Hattaska was frustrated. He wanted to kill something. His rage was reaching breaking point.

"We need one more Knight to be complete."

It was a statement. It could be interpreted either way.

Jaedec glanced at Vicrul, seeking a translation. They weren't a democracy, but the Knights had to be carried by agreement in the absence of Kylo Ren... though he was always absent, Jaedec reflected angrily.

Vicrul felt a small tinge of annoyance with Hattaska. Vicrul was often oddly calm, his emotions rarely bubbled up to the surface, save when they were in battle. He suppressed his annoyance and replied calmly to what their temporary leader had to say.

"Escape?" The move was a stupid one, Hattaska was letting his desire to kill cloud his judgment, it was the main reason Vicrul did not like him.

"Just blow everything up" he stated simply, his tone sounding almost bored. He could go on and on about why Hattaska's idea was careless, about how because it wasn't Rey it did not matter how they died, only that they did, but he didn't he left it unsaid because there was no need for them to squabble only that their newfound targets die. He tilted his head at Hattaska's last statement at the need for another knight. Again Vicrul intoned a simple response.

"Why?"

Hattaska wheeled on Vicrul, standing taller than he as he loomed. "Seven. That was the number of Knights before. They were flawed; we shall surpass them. Loyal to the Master of Ren, not to the failed Emperor." His voice raised. "They betrayed our name!" It dropped again. "They deserved to die."

Interrupting, Jaedec pointed. "Some ships breaking for orbit." He scanned the lead ship. "First Order shuttle; abandoning their post." The TIE Whispers sailed by the ship, of course, heading towards the non-FO ships.

The Twins huffed, and in unison duplicated Vicrul's tone. "Just blow everything up."

Jaedec didn't answer to them, he simply waited on Hattaska, who simply stared into Vicrul's mask.

Vicrul remained silent, essentially ignoring Hattaska, his attempt to intimidate the man falling flat. He reminded Vicrul more of a petulant teenager than the commander of the greatest warriors in the galaxy. He stared back into Hattaska's mask the two mask men locked in an unblinking staring contest.

Eventually, Vicrul tilted his head, mouthing quietly to Hattaska, his voice as calm as ever.

"There is one that leans to the Dark. They could be our seventh."

Hattaska turned, sensing the dark, among a Corellian freighter breaking orbit. Jaedec and the twins, they nodded. "Our seventh," their leader said, almost reverent.

"Let us see," Hattaska pointed to the comms, directly Vicrul. "Speak to them, taste their Shadow, and decide."

The Knife 9 slid into position, it's main weapon primed and ready.

"Give the order; if they survive... it will be their first test"

Vicrul nodded, turning away, his eyes closing as he focused. He let himself drift through the Force, feeling himself wander till he found the Dark, the one who was simply known as The Stranger, although of course, Vicrul did not know this. He would hear the quiet, calm voice of Vicrul, a stillness in the void.

I sense the dark within you, the gift you have. Who are you?

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Master Vo'Un'Var

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Eleanor Magnus
    Landing Bay

Eleanor felt Asteria's panic in the force before she heard it; the way the stormtroopers started to head toward them. She knew she had to act, and she quickly picked up Asteria in her arms, ignoring the stranger and acting on both her feelings and Whistler's sense of alarm, headed back into her ship.

She gently placed Asteria down in the co-pilots chair, "Asteria breath. I won't let anyone hurt you. I need you to focus on me okay? Remember that game we played before about learning to sense each other's force signatures. I want you to start okay little one?"

Eleanor turned to the controls and started to press a few buttons. "Whistler plot a course out of here. I don't care where we go but we need to get away from the danger were in now okay?" Eleanor said as she started the engines. She reached out with the force, and started to pilot them away from the landing bay and back up into the atmosphere, trying to keep away from the TIE fighters where she could. Eleanor switched on the shields before she turned to Asteria as they started to get into the upper reaches and gently reminded her, "Asteria. The game, remember?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth @Kurisan @Master Vo'Un'Var

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Vice-Chancellor Aryan Graul
    Chancellor’s Penthouse, Coruscant

Ignoring the Chancellor’s disparaging remarks had become a force of habit for Aryan. It was no secret among their private cabal that he did not always see eye-to-eye with Hux on policy issues. That led to frequent debates and a lot of snide comments exchanged between the two top officials. However, it also made them an effective team; they kept each other in-check. The trick was knowing when to hold your tongue and to never rise to the bait.

Following that advice now, Aryan remained silent as he continued the slow process of rising from his chair. The dull ache that ailed his back and left leg told him that he needed to get up and stretch. While it wouldn’t eliminate the pain completely, at least it would grant him some relief.

As he hobbled over to one of the viewports to stare out at the vast cityscape of Coruscant, he idly listened in to Commander Sellik’s report about possible insurgent activity at today’s execution. The Vice-Chancellor’s expression hardened at this news. It came as no surprise that Hux had staged the event to snuff out the enemy, but to hear it laid out so blatantly still bothered him. If only he had utilized another method or had spoken to him about it...

Fortunately, there was no time to dwell on it. He knew that it would’ve further provoked his aggravation. Instead, the Chancellor dismissed Sellik to carry out her investigation, which cleared the way for more pertinent matters of government. In this case, it was a discussion about the proposed initiative to bring additional allies into the First Order’s fold.

The Chancellor highlighted three possible contenders – the Northern Dependencies, the Hutt Clans, and the Andoan Free Colonies. Each distinct polity had its own set of rules, and each one came with its own strategic points and benefits. It was merely an issue of which one would best suit their needs at this time, or whether they could afford to pursue all three simultaneously.

And of course, Hux imparted him with that decision. He wanted to hear his opinions, but Aryan recognized that it wasn’t because he valued his input. It was about accountability. The Chancellor didn’t want to take the blame if it failed.

A thin smile crossed Aryan’s lips as he turned away from the viewport to regard the younger man. "If you’re looking to capitalize on strategic value and maximum benefits, including monetary and economic gains, I believe they all have their advantages. You really can’t go wrong with any of them." His tone was trite, clearly lecturing for the sake of indulging him. He intended to provide an answer that was vague and noncommittal.

"As you know, my daughter already has influence with the corporate entities of the Northern Dependencies. With her direction, they are practically under our control already, so I believe they are the least of our concerns." He leaned heavily on his cane, counting points off on his fingers. "The Free Colonies offer unrestricted access to the main trade routes of the Corellian Run, as I’m sure you’re well aware. Not only would that allow us to increase our own resources, but it would impede the efforts of our enemy to restock, refuel, and travel along the main hyperspace routes.

"But if you feel that the hyperlanes are a top priority, then I suggest you pay attention to the Hutts." His eyes narrowed perceptively, studying the Chancellor as he sat in his plush chair and despising him for his smug disposition. "In addition to their routes, they possess a powerful armada, plus plenty of raw materials that could assist us in our weapons and starship production. The negotiations may require a more aggressive touch, but we would only need to dangle them a few incentives to get them to concede."

10. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Johnson "The Agent"

Johnson listened as Commander Sellik laid out briefly what he and his new partner would do.

Said partner being the younger looking Agent Brown. Johnson was no stranger to working with a partner or even as a trio. He had successfully worked with Agent’s Jackson and Thompson on a mission. Hopefully Brown would be a good partner to investigate the Don, as number six of the Agents he was the newest.

As soon as Sellik was done, Johnson walked over towards the screen, bringing up firstly the information on the Uscru District “I will be taking primacy on this mission” he said simply, Agents never did pleasantries. “Our main mission as you well know is to investigate this Don. The Uscru District is the key to bringing Coruscant’s underworld back under control of the First Order, this Don according to our information can help us do that….if he is not selling information to the Resistance”.

“The Entertainment District here could be a haven for rebels to meet up and share information. Perhaps the Don knows something about this and could perhaps crush any underground networks that are there”.

He looked at the other Agent through his sunglasses, Agent’s were known never to remove them “He believes the Galaxies Opera House is his domain, we must make sure that the rebels are not using him as an information broker and we need to remind him that he serves us, no other master. If we spot any resistance member with him, eliminate them, then arrest the Don for treason. If he tries to escape or if his contact does, pursue and arrest them. And we will find out any information we need….”

Betraying the First Order or any sort of treason meant instant death of course….

“The Galaxies Opera House is of course home to Coruscant's rich and famous. Our presence will be visible, a routine patrol if you will. Especially with the execution today tension will be high and no doubt the rebels may launch an attack or some other form of retaliation. The upper levels of the Opera House house the boxes and no doubt the Don will be in one of them. Stay on that level and make sure you are tuned to your earpiece at all times. If you do end up in pursuit, call for security backup.”

Johnson gave a nod “We will approach the Don from opposite sides. However do not enter where he is, observe only. Only move in if it is clear he is selling anything to the rebels”

“If there are no questions then we shall proceed”.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Chancellor Hux
    Penthouse, Coruscant

The man rolled his eyes somewhat. “Thank you for stating the obvious, Vice-Chancellor.” Hux quietly seethed to himself, smoldering. “The Northern Dependencies may lie between Bastion and the Corporate Sector but that just makes it more imperative we court them…”

“But that means we neglect the east and Corellian Run…” Hux grumbled.

He folded his fingers, elbows on the table. “You should know that we have our illustrious allies on Coruscant at present. Tarkin, she’s here, and of course your daughter Jalynn… both attending the opera, I believe…” Hux glowered. Children. He had no need for them. The man had arranged the death of his own father, Brendol Hux, with Phasma

Phasma, he rued. Now that was a soldier.

Dead with the first Supremacy, she had been another casualty on the day of the Battle of Crait… along with Snoke himself… though Hux had been told by Kylo Ren that he had served Palpatine all along. Grotesque, Hux thought with a curl of his lip.

He refocused; conscious he had been silent. When he grew introspective, he was forced to cover it with aggression; a lapse could be taken advantage of. “Which brings me to the Inner Rim border.” He tapped a display, bringing up the edge of First Order space. “Your Diplomatic Corps have not had many successes as of late…”

The Expansion Region was the gap between the Inner and Mid Rims. There wasn’t much there, but that just made it difficult for the First Order to make headway. There was a natural sense of extending one’s arm when crossing either way, and it was a piece of territory that had often swapped hands in wars gone by. Hux could name all six systems that were key to the area; Allanteen Six and its shipyards; the fortress world of Gyndine, which was near Mimban and its key mineral deposits; the city-world of Contruum; the key hyperspace junctions at Corsin and Milargo.

“… but I gather your son is on Gyndine, attempting to encourage the governor to return his loyalty to us…”

Arek Graul was indeed doing as much, with a Maxima-class cruiser as his escort. The last pockets of resistance in the Inner Rim had only been silenced – or blockaded, in the case of the Hapans – in the last year, so the First Order was extending the olive branch to many systems in advance of more aggressive negotiations. Hux was probing to see what his Vice Chancellor knew of such efforts at this point.

TAG: @HanSolo29
    ---

Senate Tower, Agent's Briefing

Agent Brown had no questions; the comments of Agent Johnson were succinct and concise, and of course their thought patterns and processes had been honed to near instantaneous similarity. There was very little difference in their chemical and biological make-up, and such variations had been broken down by training, mind-patterning, and so forth. Brown simply nodded, and led them from the building.

They would attend the Uscru District as Agents; there was no need for disguises on Coruscant. Brown made to drop Johnson off at one side of the Uscru District itself, with the Opera House above them, and he would head to the other. With a short tap to his ear-piece to ensure they remained synced, he nodded and moved on. The Opera House could be approached from two directions, before meeting in the middle and heading out across the bridge to where it was suspended above the District itself.

The area was full of little shops, masseuses, brothels, gaudy tailors, an inn that doubled as a dancing parlour, complete with 'private rooms', and even ridiculously fronted gyms - with floor-to-ceiling glass windows so everyone could see inside them. Johnson would stand out to the citizens as an Agent, and all manner of citizen would give him a wide berth.

Eventually however, his path was blocked by a woman in a luxurious looking Atrisian-style dress.

[​IMG]

Madam, lieutenant to the Don

"A First Order Agent, here?" The woman's voice was almost musical, completely arrogant, of course, and at the same time sharply curious. "We were not made aware of your coming by the Don... is this a... surprise inspection, perhaps?" She smiled softly, and leaned forward, her fan obscuring their faces from spectators. "Or is he perhaps in trouble?"

As ever with crime, it was cut-throat, and if there was any chance that the Don was on the way out, there would be someone else to step in to fill his shoes...

Madam
    was one such woman.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)
    ---

Level 1313, in the shadows

The data was good.

In-fact, they had pulled from the First Order's personal data on a collection of visitors attending the Opera shortly. Seemingly the First Order had been corralling local Agents to keep an eye on the controlling interest in the Galaxies Opera House; the Don. What their mission was, however, was unknown.

The very same profile that Agent Johnson and Brown were reviewing was evident.

The Don of the Uscru Entertainment District has been on the payroll of the First Order for the last decade. Coruscant was a failed state, and when the First Order came, he was already established as a powerful kingpin, with three lieutenants who enforced his will. Renowned for his habit of marrying women, using them up, and disposing of them, the man kept the First Order up-to-date on problems and issues, and has generally sold out most of the criminal underworld from levels 1000 down to 1313, bringing billions more citizens under First Order control.

It is a state secret that he is in league with the First Order, as it is generally believed that Hux simply walled in crime and moved on. But enough people knew that the Don spends his time in the Galaxy Opera House, hosting galactic warlords, First Order technocrats, and debonair-acting criminals.

[​IMG]

His first guests were Rivoche Tarkin-Na'al, from the distant Tarkinate, which ruled a substantial chunk of territory in the southern quadrant, a nominal ally of the enemy, and also a woman by the name of Jalynn Graul, the daughter of the Vice-Chancellor, who was a member of the board of Directors of the Corporate Sector. He had images of both, just to add to his ability to dislike them if need be.

[​IMG]

Rivoche Tarkin-Na'al

[​IMG]

Jalynn Graul

That was the data for the next 40 hours, but there was a lot of kerfuffle about some VIPs heading to Coruscant right now for a big meeting with the both the Chancellor and his Vice. These two, they were allies, not something that would warrant drama, not really. But they'd had a limited window, and running an op during the execution meant focus had been there rather than on what they were running.

DJ had known that, going in.

"No officials attended DJ's execution, it looks. Scuttlebutt among the FO is that Hux set it up to flush out Resistance collaborators; sent an Agent to keep an eye." He sent over data about Johnson, the man that Dol would likely recognise as involved in the chase involving the kid.

"Orders?"

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas
    ---

Shop, Level 1313

Come on in boy, your friends are worried about you in back. Took you long enough on that sweets run. Quickly now, the room is about to expire. You don't want to miss the last song, I'll guide you back.

The two Stormtroopers weren't far behind, and Dade took one look at them, and then a look back at the nonhuman. Deciding that Tirran was a much better solution, he let himself be directed. However, he was at the edge of the room when the droid stepped up, and he didn't immediately move on, just at the corner of the door.

"Where is he?"

"Mr Huxley is engaged at present, sir," came the droid.

"And that racket?"

"I believe the master is simply looking to draw custom, sir."

There was a click of a blaster being cocked, and Dade flinched.

He decided he didn't want to hear the rest of the conversation. He was anxious, and his voice babbled again as he allowed himself to be taken back. "I'm one of the Lost Boys, sir, but I don't fink you have any of my friends back here. Not sure if you wanta get involved with me but yeah." He itched his neck; had his clothes shrank in the past few minutes? And where did that other guy go?

"I was saved by a Kubaz, I fink... not sure why, but he ditched me as soon as I ducked into here. Bet he's a Rebel, sir." He looked up at Tirran. "I could probably describe him to ya?"

The boy was ascribing positive intentions to what Tirran was doing.

But did he have them?

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto (combo)
    ---
    IC: Nomi

Village of Aurilia, Bonadon

"Then I am afraid that I have nothing left to say to you. May you find whatever you are looking for."

"That is the beauty of being Grey, that there is much room for every belief. But I still believe you will see the truth, eventually. Until then, may the Force guide you.”

Nomi sat in her tent of sorts, cross-legged, smiling slightly. Barriss and Xundel were the seeds of an idea, one germinating since before the Clone Wars... since time immemorial, arguably. Since the Light and the Dark had been divided in the hearts of sentient individuals. She had no vested interested in it, just wanted to see the idea live, and breathe... not skulk in the shadows, letting the bit players play with the lives of all.

Maybe it was time for the wheel to finally turn.

Who knows?

Barriss was looking for her, and she knew as much. Nomi let her. When she arrived, the woman simply shrugged at the datacron. "Agora Six, in the Core Worlds. There is an ancient Bendu monk that needs your assistance with something of his that is old... he is old himself, so old that one day, he won't be able to fulfil his role in the world... he called me, looking for me to find someone who could help him."

"Want to be that person?"

It was a loaded question, for a former Jedi who had sat out for much of the current war, to even consider leaving the village.

But Nomi believed in Barriss, even after all this time... and suspected that mention of a Bendu monk might tug at her.

As for Xundel, nobody else in the village was interested in him. Well, save for one person, who wandered over.

[​IMG]

Zorii Bliss

"So you're new here, and I'm not. Let me fill you in - there's a way of doing things around here, when Nomi's done with you." She had a blaster out, but it seemed like a natural extension of herself; there was no threat associated with it, she seemed to have one in hand at all times.

She pointed to the twins with her blaster, Oke and Sokke, the two stumpy Langoles, standing behind them and the spiral landing lily-pads. "They're Customs here; pay 'em for processing your ship, even if you're passing through." They did indeed have a datapad they seemed to be jointly holding.

Then she used her weapon to indicate herself. "Zorii Bliss, I run the Spice Runners of Kijimi. Yes, that Kijimi." The woman was referencing the destruction of her planet nine years before, but while she assumed everyone knew about it, of course not everyone did.

"My fee for putting up with your presence on my sovereign soil is to update me about what the state of the war. No comms in the galaxy, of course, so I'm reliant upon good old fashioned word of mouth."

There was a tweak in the Force, and Xundel would feel it; a surge in the Light, and a surge in the Dark.

Twin surges of power, things that had been relatively mute for the last nine years... indeed, he would have last sensed them then...

TAG: @CosmoHender (combo), @darthbernael (combo)
    ---
    IC: Rizo the Rat

Skirmish at Akiva, Fury, in orbit

Finally Lin saw it too, now.

The Knife 9, the sensors kindly notified them, a Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought. Big ship; big gun.

Lin’s draw dropped. “I have a bad feeling about this…”

Rizo nodded, trying to get his head around this incredibly complicated ship. He tried shouting at it; that usually worked in the HoloVids. "SHIP! HELP!"

It didn't reply, because of course it didn't. Though apparently the owner had some settings prepared. A screen lit-up. "First Order signals detected; engaging cloaking device."

"Oh wow!" Rizo almost jumped up in his seat, one of three in the cockpit. "A cloak!" Such things were super rare, and someone must have been ridiculously rich to have incorporated one into this. They were really lucky, clearly.

Then the Knife 9 fired.

The main cannon released a single blast, elongated, but just one.

It hit Myrra.

Henceforth, referring to the capital of Akiva would be one of past tense.

The shockwave crossed low-orbit, catching them, and would have the Pulsar Skate, let alone the freighter that the Stranger stole. It would toss them, and a few moments later, the Fury notified them that the cloak was disabled by turbulence. "Oh shavit,"

He saw something flash up on the screen. Hyperdrive active. Please put in coordinates.

Rizo had a flash of panic, and put in the only coordinates he knew.

The ones everyone knew, in the entire galaxy, no matter how navigationally literate they were.

The Fury vanished into hyperspace the moment it righted itself.

TAG: @Kurisan (combo)
    ---
    IC: Whistler
    Aboard the Pulsar Skate, hyperspace

The Skate was piloted in a very different manner than that of Rizo and Lin. The moment they cleared the planet, weaving through TIE Whispers, Whistler, the handy little astromech, put them into hyperspace. The TIEs would have followed, but the shockwave hit them and they were scattered for the key moment.

The droid released a tootle of relief, even as Asteria calmed herself with the game. It was something her Master had figured out, basically hide-and-seek in the Force, and it helped her stay away from the attention of the Knights of Ren. She assumed that Eleanor would do the same thing, concealing herself from the bad guys. Whiteshells was bad enough, but proper Inquisitor-types? Her Master had told her about them, who once served the old Empire.

Whistler trundled into the main hold, and whistled that he had picked a world outside the territory of the Galactic Warlords, and also outside the First Order's hold of the Inner systems. The Expansion Region, basically, which was a veritable 'no man's land' that belonged to nobody; the borderlands between the tyranny of Chancellor Hux, and the chaos of the in-fighting and squabbling in the Mid and Outer Rims.

The closest world in the Region to Akiva was Milagro, a cross-roads on two hyperlanes.

He expected they would arrive shortly -

They arrived a bit earlier than expected; the hyperdrive chimed that there was a mass at the edge of the Milagro system, and forcibly decanted them early. Whistler rocked as he rushed back to the cockpit.

It was a Maxima A-class heavy cruiser; it belonged to the First Order.

[​IMG]

Maxima A-class heavy cruiser

The droid screeched. This isn't my fault!

The comms already spoke clearly to the Pulsar Skate. "Arriving yacht, this is the Diplomatic Corps vessel Dauntless, Adjunct Kas'caika'lacii speaking. Please identify yourself; we are on a diplomatic mission to this system and are offering our aid in patrolling the vessel."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (combo)
    ---

Aboard the Night Buzzard, Akiva orbit

I sense the dark within you, the gift you have. Who are you?

The words of Vicrul Ren travelled across the Force, and Hattaska growled as they did. He heard the words, even sent across to the Stranger and his Corellian ship. The ship had just been buffeted by the shockwave caused by Knife 9, which had barely rocked the Buzzard.

Jaedec looked up at Hattaska from the controls. "Two ships have made it into hyperspace. We have their coordinates." He glanced back as the TIE Whispers reorganised and shot down any other fleeing freighter. The Twins manned the weapons and shot down the cowardly First Order shuttle, making an object point that your post was not to be abandoned unless so ordered.

Hattaska supposed he should look over the coordinates, provided by the hyperspace-tracker aboard the Knife 9.

After Akiva, they were to head on around the unclaimed Outer Rim, though no Galactic Warlord would dare oppose the Knights of Ren. Hattaska would leave Hux to smooth over the diplomatic niceties of him destroying cities. Undoubtedly the nearby Tarkinate were concerned they had passed through his territory, and the Andoan Free Colonies were not far away... but Ryloth, a historically challenging world was next on their list.

He was impatient to test the new candidate, to kill them, if need be.

Perhaps he could be tested by killing the Force users who had escaped them... if this one was the darkness they had sensed, perhaps the others were the light...

Just then, Admiral Vonn reached out to them via the First Order comms. The signal originated from Kuat, in the Core Systems, he noted; where the Supreme Leader had the Eclipse Fleet nearing completion. Hattaska only cared insofar as much that one of the Eclipse vessels would be relieving the Knife 9 at some point; he would exchange a planetary siege warship for one which could crack the crust of a planet; a terror weapon rather than a tactical one, but a far superior ship to the Mandator IV design.

Hattaska was content to have more fear to imbibe upon.

As he tapped the console to accept the call, the Knight didn't care to focus the sound away from Vicrul; if it interfered with his chat, so be it. Anything to make Vicrul's life harder was an acceptable thing. "What, Admiral?" He sneered.

"The Last Jedi is here!"

Hattaska was rocked in surprise. His joy filled the Force, and his carnivorous desire!

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var, @Shadowsun
    ---
    IC: Jedi Holocron of Prophecy

Chandrila, aboard the Hardknock

The Jedi Holocron nodded to herself. "Of course, Padawan Juwee," it said, and ceased to pay attention for the landing procedures. Such things were mundane things that simply did not interest the old Holocron. The tombs however, they would certainly intrigue and prove an object lesson to her learner.

Although...

A hologram of a human of the First Order appeared. He looked Kacynna up and down and did not cover up his sneer. The thought was obvious to all to see, especially to a Dug with the Force. Alien scum. Even his animal companion growled.

"Chandrila is under the protection of the First Order," sniffed the man. "It is not simply a holiday resort." He leaned closer to the screen somewhat. "The Silver Sea and New Hanna City is strictly off-limits. So if that is your location, I suggest you turn around, otherwise, you will have to file a valid flight plan... Dug."

He looked as if he was shuddering just by saying it.

The Holocron, out of sight of the hologram, waved her hand slightly for attention, and then made a human gesture of encouragement; two palms open, shooing him to act. She was accessing her mainframe to try and work out the Dug equivalent, but she was pretty sure it involved smacking Kacynna on the back of his head, so she made a slapping motion as if doing so; maybe either would encourage him to practice his Force skills here.

She already knew he had a silver tongue; but that was not the only tool in a prospective Jedi's tool-box, so to speak.

As they spoke, the freighter made its slow and steady way to the surface; it remained in range of the Star Destroyer's weapons, however...

TAG: @Zedd-Vega
    ---

Aquilla Farm

Notwithstanding the interplay above them and it's seemingly lack of importance to what was going on below, when Rhoen shone his light into the barn - which was open, and telegraphed immediately an issue - and would be instantly met with a group of shrieks. There were three teenagers, two boys, one girl, who immediately panicked - one threw himself to the ground, one tripped over his feet and fell backwards, and the girl, well, she had the presence of mind to hold up her hands, turn her face and shout. "Don't shoot!"

"We just wanted to see the X-wing!" The teen on the ground cried.

The one that had fell backwards had scrabbled to his feet and rushed around in-front of his... sister? Girlfriend?

"We heard about it from our parents, speaking about how there used to be a fighter ace here, and how everyone was sure he'd arrived here with an X-wing but nobody was gonna sell 'im out to the First Order -"

The girl finished, "- and we put together that it had to be you, sir, as I remember you moving here when I was about nine?"

"Is it true you fought at the battles of Kuat?"

"And Exegol?"

They were bombarding him with questions now even though he could have shot them several times over. These were things they would have said, arguably, if they weren't shot up, and if they hadn't been, well, they were saying it, gabbling in panic.

Because these things tend to go a couple of ways, after all.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

TAG: @QueenSabe7, @Kalio_Dynkos (TAGs outstanding as discussed)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Approved by GM.

Character Sheet

[​IMG]

Name: Kas'caika'lacii (His Basic name is Kaz)
    Species: Chiss
    Homeworld: Csilla
    Affiliation: Unaligned, though he used to work for the First Order.
    Force Sensitivity: No.
    Personal Effects: He has a few uniforms, a home on Naboo and Csilla. Nothing too extravagant though.
    Personal Starship (if any): He has a Nissis-Class Clawcraft.

Personal Weapon: A blaster attached to his side.
    Bio: Kaz lived on Csilla for most of his life. When he turned eighteen, he sought greater opportunities beyond his homeworld and joined the First Order as an officer. Though he does not regret what he learned about leadership, strategy and loyalty from the First Order, ultimately he decided to leave and was honourably discharged a few years ago.

He can often come across as cold at first, especially towards humans. It is not that he doesn't respect such a resilient species., but he has only had encounters with humans in the First Order, and they are not what he was expecting when Kaz first heard about the diversity of humans. Kaz also often does his best to appear like he has the situation under control, but often worries about the long term outcome of certain situations. He is currently serving as a diplomat in the Inner Rim. A job he picked up reluctantly but has come to love.

13. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Rey
    Kuat Moon, and beyond

There was uncertainty in the Force, churning around her as she looked to her friends – Finn, Poe, and Rose.

Finn seemed properly relieved at her sudden appearance.

Rose, pensive yet anxious. Her trademark.

And Poe. Well, he seemed outright annoyed.

Rey cast him a particular look of frustration that was generally reserved for him only, thrusting her outstretched hand into his face for emphasis. ‘You shouldn’t have come,’ she managed to catch offhandedly, as the Force shifted and flowed with great unease. She was much more skilled now and could remain focused as these energies became chaotic, but they could be moderately intrusive nonetheless.

A major source of this turmoil was coming from the pair of men still on the ground before her, whispering in disagreement while eyeing her in a hesitant manner. What? Rey finally spat, the lilt to her voice making it more a pleasant inquiry than anything demanding. However, her senses spun in yet another direction, her eyes raising to the villagers slowly gathering around them and chanting ‘Jedi! Jedi!’ over and over, their gratitude seeping into her opened emotions. A lop-sided smile spread over her mouth as she nodded several times, clearly awkward at such praise.

Those same exposed feelings gave Rey a fair amount of warning – a minute or so – to the responding troopers that soon began to swarm the briefly peaceful space. They were met with greater resistance this time, in the form of those that looked at her in awe, now with renewed hope that they might defend their own.

It was noble, but it was also futile.

Rey knew it. She could sense that her friends knew it, too.

She felt a hand grip her arm. "Rey, we gotta go!" Her eyes found Poe next to her, the urgency in his gaze speaking unsaid things that she couldn’t decipher. “We have to help them!” she hears Finn call from close by. Noble Finn, always wanting to solve a problem no matter the cost. Suddenly, strangely, the girl from Jakku felt divided.

But, she stayed silent, unnerved at how easily Finn gave in to Poe’s assertion that ‘now was not the time’. The time for what? And still she stayed silent as they all moved towards the fuel shaft, abandoning the villagers who sought to protect them. Rey’s instincts told her to follow, no matter how much she wanted to save the innocent. There was that greater purpose here… and it was now pulling her away from the moon’s surface with her friends.

The entire trip “up” and onward, the Last Jedi followed dutifully, watching and sensing all that was building in front of her while keeping to herself. She longed to ask them all questions – how where they? Where had they been? What had they seen? She knew just as Poe had said to Finn, now was not the time. The Force assured her more deeply with each passing second that she was right where she should be and not just for to reunite with those she cared for.

Her mind was calm against the agitation surrounding it as she followed the gang onto the bridge of the Eclipse. The escalating fear of the crew there was palpable but her senses slowed all around her as if she was wading peacefully through a body of water. Though, that water was bone-chilling cold and black, the face of a man with dark hair and dark eyes to match staring up at her from its depths.

Could this path be a connection. To him? Her visions...

“Captain,” Rey abruptly interjected while stepping forward from otherwise unnoticeable shadows. She lowered her hood and reached out non-threateningly just as the officer’s sidearm sailed directly into her awaiting hand. As Finn had picked up on where the crew was headed, so did she. “There is no need for violence, if you share what it is about the Nirauan system that draws this vessel there?”

She offered a rush of serenity to those in her immediate vicinity, while flashing a placating smile.

“Please.”

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Poe Dameron
    Aboard the Eclipse, Kuat docks

The Nirauan system?!

Poe looked panicked at the mention of the Resistance base, on the world of Korilev in that self-same system. He looked at Finn, who looked similarly worried. He'd clearly tried to tell Rey something with that Force mojo, and clearly was rusty. Poe quietly seethed; this is why he had wanted Rey to stay and train Finn. If she had to go, then she could have gone after they had a Jedi replacement.

But apparently the Force had other plans.

And that was Poe hated about the Force.

But the deck officer, he was compliant, and Finn recognised a mind-trick. He responded about as swiftly as you'd expect for a weak-minded fool. With a voice that was obviously under some kind of hypnotic suggestion, he turned and shouted at the others. "Set a course for the Nirauan system!" Of course, to anyone in the First Order, Nirauan had once hosted a group of Imperials who had worshipped at the feet - or rather the Hand - of the then-late Grand Admiral Thrawn. Since the First Order clear-out, Nirauan itself was abandoned... but most didn't know of the other habitable world in-system...

The crewmen released a massive sigh of relief and turned to their positions at their consoles. Poe wondered if Rey could have mind-tricked them en masse. He wouldn't have been surprised. He brushed past Rey as he is pointed to the helm. Finn winces; he expects the two of them as their ace pilots will squabble over that, but he is diverted to weapons.

Finn sits at a massive control board with roughly a hundred switches, buttons and levers, looking at a loss. "Okay I'm going to need very specific instructions."

For her part, Rose goes to work at the nav console. "Shields up, please. Setting calculations for lightspeed." Beneath them in the pit, the redirected crew diverts parts of the ship to manual and direct control from the bridge.

"Let's go!" Poe shouts, trying the engines.

"Don't rush me," Rose snaps, "I mess this up and we'll fly right into the sun."

Finn taps a screen in-front of him tentatively. The ships exterior lights click on. "I found the lights! I turned on the lights!"

From his side of the bridge, a crew member walks in, a caf in one hand, a datapad in the other, clearly joining late. His eyes are alarmed and he drops his caf to reach for a side-arm. "Who are you -"

Reaching out, Finn smacks him hard, knocking the man out.

"I got it! We can jump straight into hyperspace if we overheated the laser cannon drive."

"The exhaust will spill over -"

Poe starts to say, but Rey knows what they're doing more than Rose, through dint of the hours upon days upon years of reading technical manuals from fallen Imperial Star Destroyers. She had a self-taught Imperial Academy training from scavenging the Super Star Destroyer Ravager back on Jakku, let alone whatever skills and knowledge she had picked up from the Dyad...

- into the propulsion systems, her mind finishes his sentence for her.

TAG: @QueenSabe7 (combo please!)

15. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth:)

IC: Agent Johnson, Madam

Brown had headed off in the other direction as instructed, a received tap from the younger Agent on Johnson's earpiece informed him as much.

Heading through the brightly lit street citizens moved to either side to let him pass. Some gave him looks of disgust, an Agent in this domain! Others though gave him a look of pure fear.

They were right to fear him, but inside there was that little nagging voice again. It was telling him that he helped cause this, that he was working for a tyrant, no matter how Hux dressed it up. The voice was squashed again.

A woman then blocked his way, one of the Don's lieutenants if the information provided to him was correct. He tapped his earpiece and spoke to Brown "My way has been blocked, proceed as instructed but use caution.".

As she leaned forward whilst speaking Johnson resisted the urge to throw her out of the way. But that would no doubt hack the Don off.

"Ma'am" he said neutrally "This is a routine patrol. As you were no doubt aware an execution took.place this afternoon of a known rebel terrorist. We are making sure that the area is safe for the performance tonight at the Opera House."

The Madam looked intrigued. "As yes, the insufferable slicer known as DJ. Long overdue, I would say."

Agent Brown returned back. "Have been similarly blocked, will proceed when able."

"So you're an Agent..." she said, lifting a pair of fingers to her lip in pert curiosity. "I hear you're all tattooed with a number, as if you came off a production line." Her fan reopened in-front of her face, her eyes peering over. "I wonder if that is true?"

Johnson stared at the woman as if she was someone who was getting in the way and that would need to be moved sooner or later. Brown was similarly stuck which was not good.

Of course the Agents knew they were numbered, Smith of course being number one, himself two and Brown six. But this woman was trying no doubt to get information out of him. And she would find that difficult.

"Where we come from is irrelevant" he said simply "We serve the First Order now until the end" he moved to try and at least move her out of the way "And you are blocking my patrol. No doubt one of the other lieutenants of the Don is doing the same to my colleague".

Madam paused. "Oh, you misconstrue me, Agent Johnson. I merely wanted to join you on your escort. After all, the Don is about to host some key First Order allies from the Tarkinate and Corporate Sector! We wouldn't want them to be harmed..."

A few on-lookers turned, and she grinned, playing the devil's advocate, leaning forward with her fan. "Unless you intend to use them as bait for the Resistance, of course? I heard a Kubaz managed to save a twelve year old human boy from you... very embarrassing..."

So the child did have help. Of course the investigation had only just got started. But the woman had decided to dangle a bit of information to him….the helper was a Kubaz.

And the Don it seemed was entertaining guests that were important to the First Order. Of course he would still have to investigate just in case anybody tried to sell anything to the Resistance, allies or not.

Of course no doubt something would be needed in return for this information, such was the way of the underworld.

He touched his earpiece to talk to command "A Kubaz was with the child at the execution, scan the plaza at that time and focus on finding them".

He stared at the woman "Your information has been noted, thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Myself and my colleague will make sure that anybody allied with the First Order will be protected. Anyone who has any sympathy with the Resistance will be eliminated."

Madam went to let him go, and shrugged. "Well, I only thought it would be more useful for you to see the Don unofficially, perhaps, say, without his knowledge?" She smirked somewhat. "Especially as there are secret ways into the Galaxy Opera House... and he has a second set of guests later... which I imagine First Order High Command kept from you, no?"

There was a flash of memory.

I am sorry to have kept so much from you.

It was a woman's voice.

A different one to Madam's. However, she was about to saunter away…

What was that?

The woman sounded familiar but a present Johnson could not place where he knew the woman from. It sounded like someone he had been rather close to. But it was another memory flash that needed to be squashed.

The more important thing were these other guests. High Command, if they knew about it they must have some reason why they did keep it from the Agents….

But what if they were Resistance? What if the Don was engaging in treason? This needed to be investigated, High Command or not.

"Agent Brown hold" he said, tapping his earpiece.

"Ma'am" he said before she could move away "If what you say is true then this will need investigating for potential seditious activity. And a secret way in will hopefully at least mask our presence".

He nodded "Take me to this secret entrance, my colleague can meet us there with no doubt his escort…."

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Eleanor Magnus, Asteria, Whistler
    Escaping

It had been close, it usually was. But Eleanor was greatful that Whistler had gotten them out of there so quickly. While they were in hyperspace, Eleanor turned to Asteria who had "found" her with the force. She smiled back at her, sensing her worry and smiled gently at her Padawan.

"You got me! I think your getting better at this game." Eleanor praised Asteria. She paused for a moment and added, "Whistler got us out of there pretty quick, so I don't think they know about us, if anything; at all. For now, we should be thankful." But I still think I should shield us. Eleanor took a deep breath and reached into the force, putting a blanket over her force signature to the outside world.

When Whistler announced that they had arrived, Eleanor turned and her heart dropped when she saw the First Order cruiser. She turned to Whistler and then back to the comm. as a man identified himself as being part of the Diplomatic Corps. She put a finger to her lips as she looked at Asteria and then pressed the button to answer.

"My name is Eleanor. My daughter Asteria and I have just come from the outer rim where we narrowly escaped an engagement with criminals-" It wasn't a lie. The First Order are Criminals. "-and we are seeking safe passage as well as a place to re-supply. Do you know where the nearest port is?"

The Chiss paused. "The Outer Rim?" He glanced at someone off-screen. "Milagro is here, of course, a safe port. We are merely here to negotiate the admission of the world into the First Order."

He seemed to search Eleanor's face with his red eyes. "Might I ask where you originated from?"

Whistler tootled that they weren't likely going to be able to hide where if they checked...

Asteria looked perplexed by the man speaking to them, as she had never seen a Chiss before. They were rare in the known galaxy, after all.

Eleanor paused and regarded him with curiosity. She had seen a few Chiss before, but had never interacted with one before. She thought for a moment and then spoke again, "I was born on Mandalore." She admitted. "But I grew up everywhere but." Eleanor hesitated as if she didn't want to elaborate further and waited for his response.

The Chiss sounded a little stunned. "Um, I am from Csilla, of course. But of course, that is in the Unknown Regions... we simply accepted that the coming of the First Order was unavoidable and joined as allies."

There was a cough behind him, and he stood a bit straighter. "But I meant where had you jumped from, Ma'am."

If a Chiss could blush, he would have done so.

"Oh I've never been there." Eleanor said, interested. She frowned a little at the mention of the First Order and glanced at Asteria. "We jumped from the Outer Rim. From Akiva." Eleanor felt it was better not to lie. If he really was a diplomat, he would understand neutrality surely.

Especially if she played off the civilian angle.

"Ah," Kaz said. "There was a... terrorist attack there quite recently, I am led to believe." He sounded neutral, suddenly. "I hope you weren't caught up in the violence."

Another cough. "I would enjoy the opportunity to debrief you on what you saw."

Asteria looked intrigued, glancing back and forth between her 'mother' and the blue man. Whistler tootled a cautious sound.

The Chiss could hardly insist, after all; this wasn't their territory.

Eleanor gave him a cautious look. "We...managed to escape any physical violence." She frowned again, but it felt like he meant no harm through the force. "I could tell you what happened; but I want a guarantee we can leave for the port of Milagro afterwards."

"Of course," he said, smoothly. He had the authority to do that, and the captain of the cruiser would accept it. They needed to win friends in the region, with the First Order limited to the inner systems at present. They remained the greatest power in the galaxy, but their reach was not infinite.

The woman intrigued him, anyway.

"You have my word." The Force rang with a degree of sincerity.

Asteria narrowed her eyes, and spoke up, in-character. "Mommy, he sounds like he's a truth-er."

Whistler tootled to himself. Oh brother, was the gist of the noise.

Eleanor smiled back at him, genuine and easy. "Thank you." He does seem honest. I wonder if he will carry that same manner in person. "I can dock with your ship if that's easier. I would prefer to speak in person if that's agreeable with you."

She looked over at Asteria, happy she was playing along but also a little startled that she was playing along with the civilian idea so well.

"I shall greet you myself in the hangar." With that, he signed off.

Whistler tootled his unhappiness about this with a raspberry.

Asteria stuck out her tongue at him and blew one back. "It'll be fine. Mom knows best."

Eleanor nodded and watched him sign off. She disconnected as well and then turned to Whistler and Asteria. "Asteria's right. I have a good feeling about this. First Order or not. We need the help." She turned back to the controls and began to pilot them to the ship.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Rhoen Aquilla
    Chandrila

A long, long sigh left Rhoen's chest watching the three kids fall over themselves in a panic. In reality this was the best outcome, just a couple of kids trying to confirm a local legend. The young man and woman standing in his light mentioned all the battles he'd fought in, ending with Exogol.

In that moment he fell back to a time nearly a decade past, his daughter hadn't been born yet, he and Syal were still wingmates fighting side by side. Before him was an armada of planet killing Star Destroyers. The sky was filled with fighters and he was dancing on a knife edge.

His breath echoed in his head, that was before his R2 unit Ace began wailing and his cockpit turned red. A missile lock, he gunned the throttle turning hard to watch the deadly projectile sail past him.

"That was close," Syal said through their private comm as Rhoen settled in on her wing.

"Not the closest." Rhoen replied with a smile on his face, and a chuckle rumbling up from his chest. He swung around tearing into a fighter watching it tumble and detonate. It was just a drop in an ocean but they had more than just themselves. A young pilot Nath formed up next to them, well they were all young, hopeful that this would be the final fight, the one that would cement the end of the First Order and bring peace to the galaxy. They cut through clouds of fire and smoke dodging around the falling hulks of destroyers Syal in the lead, him close behind. Rhoen, the son of a woman killed at Hosnian Prime, and a damn fine pilot reveled in it. The danger, the combat, it was almost fun elevated by flying with the woman he loved.

Falling in behind another squad of fighters he let off another stream of fire destroying one fighter, Syal and Nath taking out the others. They were working like a well oiled machine, cutting through the sky of Exogol like a pack of howlrunners.

But the fun couldn't last, another cloud of fighters descended upon the trio. Rhoen's heart rate increased as he battled his way through. Looking ahead he saw Syal, but he couldn't see Nath.

"Dancer 3," Rhoen called out over the comm, "Nath…"

"I've got one on my tail."

"On it…" Syal replied her voice stern, in command. They snapped around a sense of urgency in all their movements.

"There's too many."

"Keep it together Nath, we're almost…"

"Can't hold…" Rhoen watched with wide eyes and falling heart as the TIEs tore into Nath's X-Wing. There was a small flame, that then turned into a fireball as Nath was consumed, his cries echoing in Rhoen's mind.

In the present the former ace put his weapon away, sliding it back into the holster shaking his head.

"You got the wrong guy, I moved back in with my dad when I got married to help out on the farm. Before that I was just a simple bush pilot. The most flying I did was dusting crops on Corellia. I was good by most accounts." He said with a slight grin on his face, "But I'm no ace." There was enough truth to make it believable, but enough lie to keep the kids off his back. The few people that knew about his, and his wives skills, the fewer people that could be used against them.

"Now run on home, you shouldn't be out this late." He walked over extending his hand to help lift up the boy that had fallen on his face in fear. "Come on let's get you up."

18. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Barriss Offee

Aurilia, Bonadon

Barriss returned to her hut, thinking both about what Xundel had told her and what Nomi had told her. She still believed that Xundel was wrong. He didn't know the dark side of the Force. Not like she did. Barriss had encountered arrogant and foolish beings like him before. She wondered if his fate would be the same as theirs. Perhaps in time he would learn the same lesson that she did so long ago. He was not the first to attempt what he proposed. And he would not be the first to fail. No, Barriss thought to herself. He is certainly no Master Yoda.

As for Nomi suggested, that had potential. It had been years since she last heard of the Bendu monks, but she still remembered them from her lessons with Master Luminara Unduli. They were also known as the Order of Dai Bendu. They were a religious group, the precursors of the Jedi. The first holocrons were attributed to them. They had constructed a monastery on the planet Kijimi, where Zorii Bliss and her spice runners were from, over a thousand years ago. The monastery was now gone, destroyed nine years ago by the Final Order, but before that destruction Barriss had actually gone to Kijimi with her master. That had been in the days prior to the Clone Wars, now a lifetime ago.

The Bendu monks were largely forgotten now, with a lot of details about them lost to time. Barriss was honestly surprised that one of the monks was still alive, which made her wonder if he was perhaps one of the last. Like her.

"Agora Six," Barriss whispered to herself. She now held her master's old lightsaber, turning the hilt in her hands. She found that it helped her to think. Sometimes she even talked to the lightsaber, as if expecting to hear her old master's voice coming from it.

Then she felt it. A tweak in the Force; a surge in the Light and a surge in the Dark. Barriss did not know what it meant and perhaps it had nothing to do with her. But Aurilia didn't need its healer at the moment and she had stayed here long enough. She felt that it was once again time for her to get on her ship and go where she was needed. Though it was different this time. If this Bendu monk wanted her assistance, then she would pay him a visit and see what he wanted. He at least deserved an audience. After that, she would decide what her role would be.

It didn't take long for Barriss to pack up, slipping items such as the lightsaber and the Jedi holocron into a bag. And before she left the village, she wanted to pay Nomi one last visit. She would inform her of her decision and bid the closest person she had to a friend farewell. Barriss actually liked Nomi quite a bit. Nomi's grandmother had been a survivor of the Purge like Barriss and somebody that had succumbed to the dark side as well after the death of her daughter. Very few knew this, but Barriss had been entrusted with Nomi's secrets just like how Nomi had been entrusted with her secrets. The two women had a mutual understanding between them and Barriss appreciated everything that Nomi had done for her. Barriss also suspected that Xundel would speak to Nomi soon, but she knew that Nomi could take care of herself.

When Offee returned, Nomi smiled. "Zorii is having caf with Xundel. A bit of a radical, that one."

"That looks like a yes," Nomi said, with a soft smile, as she regarded Offee's attire. She stood slowly, with a slight sigh at her joints, and began padding through the various relics and debris and junk that littered her hut.

"You know the tale of my family," she said. "How my namesake was the Jedi that ended the Great Sith War... and my grandmother had a daughter... that my father was a brutal Senex Lord... and the dark side dogs my lineage as much as the light."

"There will never be a Sunrider again," Nomi said, sadly. "Now it's all about Skywalkers..." she looked a little wry. "It's gone about as well, I'd say." She was rambling, as she was want to do; it was her right, after so many years.

Barriss nodded in agreement. She wondered what family would come after the Skywalkers and who would continue the cycle that has been playing out for millennia.

"I am going to Agora Six," she confirmed. "I will see what this Bendu monk wants from me. So this is goodbye... though perhaps only for now." She knew that the future was uncertain, especially hers. Once she had believed that the Jedi Order was her future. But now? She could not say. Maybe she would return here one day. Maybe not. Maybe both her story and Nomi's would soon come to an end. Or maybe there was still more to it.

"But in case this is the last time we speak... thank you. For everything."

Nomi smiled. "You are very welcome, Barriss Offee..." A glimmer in the future, and she turned to it slightly. "I imagine we will see each other again." She found what she had been looking for.

It was a lightsaber, slightly curved. It had a red blade; she would remember as much. "I believe this used to belong to Asajj Ventress..." Nomi paused. "But you would know better than I."

It was part of her legacy, and Barriss had to either incorporate it, or reject it.

In many ways, this was a microcosm for the entire time period.

For the Star Wars themselves.

For the very battle between the Light and Dark.

Barriss froze when she saw the curved hilt of the lightsaber in Nomi's hand. It was indeed one of the lightsabers that had once belonged to Asajj Ventress. It had also once been her weapon as well...

It took Barriss a few seconds to find her words. "W-where did you get?" she asked Nomi, her voice betraying a hint of fear. "And why do you have that?"

And though she didn't say it, Barriss was also wondering why Nomi thought it was a good idea to give her a weapon responsible for so much death and misery...

"Why is a question always deeper than it’s answer," Nomi replied, slowly. "It made its way into my possession a long time ago. I kept it, because when you left this place you would find yourself faced with evil; some justified, some not."

She took a breath, releasing it at a huff. "A weapon isn’t either good or evil. It's about the user, especially a lightsaber." Nomi regarded Barriss. "It's for you to take, or reject. Nothing more, or less. The galaxy will not change; but you might."

The younger woman was teaching, but she wasn’t pressing anything upon the former Jedi. She couldn't; she wouldn't.

Barriss considered Nomi's words, staring in silence at the lightsaber in her hand. It brought back memories, bad ones. She remembered the look of betrayal on Ahsoka's face in the court room, the last time that she had ever seen Barriss. Ahsoka never knew how sorry Barriss was or how much she regretted hurting her. Barriss never got the chance to apologize. But that was the past and nothing Barriss could do would change that.

The curved lightsaber called out to her, almost like an old friend. She could still feel it, the pull of the Dark. However, it didn't stop her from taking the lightsaber from Nomi's hand. It could at least serve as a reminder of the sins that she had devoted the rest of her life atoning for. Though perhaps she could find other uses for it as well...

"Thank you once again," Barriss told Nomi. "Will you be okay here after I'm gone, since I'm leaving you with... him around?" She indicated Xundel.

Nomi was happy that Barriss took it. It was a good sign for the galaxy at large, though she doubted Barriss recognized as much. She nodded. "Xundel? Oh, I can handle him. He wants direction, and I’ve a task for him too."

She regarded her hands for a moment. "My grandmother told me about his coming too. Fates entwine at last, and while some will girdle us... others will embrace. I am nurturing the latter, and diverting the former. If Xundel is a darkness, his time will come."

"But you need not worry, Barriss," she looked up again and smiled, stepping over to draw her into a hug. "Thank you for being my companion for these long years."

She drew back to look into the woman's eyes. "May the Force be with you."

Barriss wasn't expecting Nomi to draw her into a hug. Nor was she expecting the tears in her eyes as she hugged back, despite her wariness toward attachments.

"May the Force be with you as well... my friend," Barriss said to Nomi with a soft smile, wiping the tears away from her eyes. "And being your companion was a true honor."

After saying goodbye, Barriss found her way to her Ghtroc 690 light freighter at the spaceport. Soon she was leaving the planet's atmosphere and plotting the course to her next destination: Agora Six. She took a deep breath before the jump to hyperspace, leaving both Bonadan and Nomi's village behind her...

19. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Xundel with @Sinrebirth as Zorii Bliss
    Village of Aurilia, Bonadon

Xundel had stood, calmly, patiently, as his mostly closed eyes observed the comings and goings of the townsfolk. Barriss, and their conversation, had gone about as well as he’d expected but he hoped that he had planted a seed whether with her or with any other that may have been paying attention to their talk. To all appearances he was just standing there, almost in a meditative pose but inside he was mulling over all the recent events.

His contemplation was eventually interrupted by a red leather clad figure, in a gold helmet, with their blaster drawn and held low by their side. He currently felt no sense of direct malice or intention to attack so he remained as he was, even as he felt two other, smaller presences approach from behind him. A small smile curved the corners of his lips as he waited for them to speak.

"So you're new here, and I'm not. Let me fill you in - there's a way of doing things around here, when Nomi's done with you."

Their blaster lifted, pointing behind him, "They're Customs here; pay 'em for processing your ship, even if you're passing through."

The blaster returned to where it had been and they continued, "Zorii Bliss, I run the Spice Runners of Kijimi. Yes, that Kijimi.” She said as though that should mean something to him…

"My fee for putting up with your presence on my sovereign soil is to update me about what the state of the war. No comms in the galaxy, of course, so I'm reliant upon good old fashioned word of mouth."

His brow furrowed as he let out a small laugh, then cocked his head as he sensed spikes of Power, not nearby, nowhere nearby, but extremely strong. He sighed, his little plan was already seeming to have its diversions.

Lifting his head, he looked into the mirrored visor of the helmet. ”Then you’ll be just as poor as I appear to be. The last time I was in Known Space before now was,” he cocked his head to the side, ”actually I couldn’t give you an exact length as I have no idea what the current calendar is. What the hell is the Battle of Yavin, that seems to be the break even date, in these roly poly's minds?”

Zorii paused. "You don't know about Yavin? And the calendar...?" The current measurement of time had been in place for about forty years, when the New Republic made the Battle of Yavin year Zero in the new timeline. "Okay..."

She inclined her head, baffled. "Are you on the level with me? You know about the war with the First Order, right? Palpatine? The New Republic?" A pause, a heartbeat long. "The Old Republic?"

As she said the last words it occurred to her that someone from the Old Republic wouldn't call it the Old Republic, though some dim part of her memory reminded Zorii that there had been an Old Republic before the Republic that was now Old... the one the Sith took down, millennia ago.

Is this guy for real?

Xundel’s head tilted to the side as she spoke. Nothing in what she said made sense. And then he held up a hand, ”Palpatine? Senator Sheev Palaptine? What does he have to do with all of this?” That one bit of all she said he understood.

He sighed, thumping the tip of the cane on the ground, sending a tiny jolt of electricity that travelled through the ground, up through the bodies of both the figures behind him with barely a shiver, and then into the tablet they held, scrambling its circuits.

In the time that took he gave no indication that he was involved with the sudden failure of those beings tablet but instead continued the conversation with Zorii, ”New Republic...First Order...Old Republic??? When I left there was only the Republic, fading yes, bloated and torn by so many factions, but just the Republic.”

"Oh brother," Zorii said, exhausted all of a sudden. The twins squeaked in surprise, and started pressing buttons. "Force user, eh? Looking for a cause?"

The woman stood straighter. "How about I trade you a story, and you'll keep an open mind about joining some friends of mine?"

Xundel chuckled, using his cane to assist him to a seated position, floating in it for a moment before settling to the ground. His humor came at both the expense of the two behind him as well as what the woman before him had said. ”Force user, yes.”

Closing his eyes for a moment, knowing she would want to tell her story whether he agreed to it or not, he opened them again, looking up even higher to her helmet, from his seated position. ”An open mind is never a problem, unless it lets in the worst things. So yes, I will listen to your story.”

Zorii nodded. "Alright, let's get some caf."

Leading Xundel to a small freighter, which had been long left as a wreck and grounded as a cafe. The Besalisk behind the makeshift bar nodded, grinning a smile at the smaller of them. Zorii opened the bottom of her mask to sip the caf that was set.

"Alright then."

She went through it all. The Battle of Naboo; the rise of Palpatine as Chancellor; how he was really a Sith by the name of Darth Sidious, and how he spent the next decade playing the corporations and separatists against the Republic, weaving the former two into a Confederacy of Independent Systems with a droid army, opposed by a clone army led by the Jedi Order. She took it on to three years later, and paused.

"Alright, this is where it probably gets a bit rough for you." She took a breath. "The clones were created in secret by Sidious, and he had them programmed - brainwashed, chipped, conditioned, whatever - to turn on the Jedi. So they did, and most of them died at the end of the Clone Wars, because Palpatine had what he wanted; he'd turned the most powerful Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One - some say - into his new apprentice; Darth Vader. The Confederacy surrendered, of course, and Palpatine reorganised the Republic into his new Galactic Empire. The few Jedi that survived spent the next twenty years being hunted down by Vader and his Inquisitors, the Emperor's Hands, and other two-bit darksiders that served the Imperials."

She wanted to pause there, because, well, the death of everyone he knew was probably a big blow.

"Oh, but Yoda survived, and another Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Not sure if you knew them. They took Anakin's kids, twins, into hiding with them, kinda, to prepare for when the galaxy was ready to rise up and fight again."

Xundel sipped from the caf as she spoke, listening but enjoying the experience, it had been a long time since he’d had even decent caf and it was heavenly. His brow furrowed as he listened, ’A nobody Senator became the Chancellor, was a Sith?’ he wondered.

The war made him shake his head, Jedi once again as warriors, something he knew would have changed the Order to a great extent. When she reached the part and told him it would be rough he set down the caf to listen and he found himself glad he had. He may not have known most of the Jedi of that era but the fact they had been all but wiped from existence made his eyes moisten, even as he tried to keep his anger, and the Darker aspects of himself, rise. That thought made him wonder if that had been a massive tear he’d felt in the Force, even out in the UR.

He thought back to the conversation with Barriss and what he’d felt from her. If she’d been one of those that had turned and hunted the others no wonder she did not want to take part. Even partial records that would have information about her would be used in any witch hunt of the ‘traitors’. He shook his head sadly. But perked up when he heard that Yoda had survived. There were so few of their kind out and about and that the Grandmaster lived through those tumultuous times was a relief of sorts.

He tilted his head to the side as she discussed Obi-Wan and Anakin and then Anakin’s children. None of the names were familiar but he did recall many times as he travelled the Force spiking, distant but powerfully. Glancing up at her helmet, ”Yoda survived…? Does he yet live?”

Zorii shook her head. "No, he died about forty years ago, training Luke Skywalker to defeat the Emperor after those twenty-odd years of Empire, after the Battles of Yavin and Endor. Vader, he saved Luke and killed him. The Empire collapsed, and a year later signed a treaty surrendering."

This was where the story got a bit fantastical, but she plunged on after a swig of caf. "Seems the Emperor survived, but trapped in a clone body or something. He made a creature called Snoke and reunified the surviving Imps into the First Order under the monster, and the Final Order, under him." A shrug. "Twenty five years pass, and Anakin's children, Luke and Leia, have founded a new Jedi Order, and Leia even had a son, named Ben Solo. Snoke corrupts Ben, and he destroys the Jedi academy, Luke heading into exile as the First Order appears."

"This is about fifteen years ago now," she clarifies. "Ben becomes Kylo Ren, a dark side warrior, and ten years ago the First Order reveals itself in full, destroying the New Republic capital with a superweapon. Leia and her Resistance strike back, blow the weapon up, and yeah."

She realised she'd missed out the Death Stars, but it didn't add much narratively. "Kylo Ren kills his father, but is stopped from thrashing the Resistance by Luke, who was convinced to help by a scavenger girl called Rey, a Force prodigy that can stand up to Kylo Ren."

Zorii needed a drink by this point.

’Hmmm...Rey and Kylo Ren, must be those spikes I felt.’ he pondered. And then sighed, Yoda gone, another light gone, a constant that had been a part of the Jedi for centuries, even more than he had.

He sat, mute, as he processed all she had said, occasional sips from his caf. He looked up at her occasionally as he thought about it. The more he did, the more he was sure of the course he had set before himself, the one that he’d attempted to convince Barriss of. If they didn’t stop these constant back and forth wars between the light and dark they would never have peace.

Taking another sip, he sighed, looking up at her, ”The cycle never abates and worlds like this stay poor and at the fringes because those who have power vie to rule or to ‘protect’.” he said quietly.

A hard look into her visor, ”You mentioned friends of yours…”

"Yes, Poe Dameron. A then-pilot in the Resistance, he helped blow the Starkiller weapon up, and led the escape from Snoke. Rey and Kylo Ren get stuck in this... I can't explain it more than a relationship, where they try to convince the other to swap sides. Snoke gets killed in the cross-fire, and Kylo Ren becomes leader of the First Order... and leads a whole-sale invasion of the galaxy for a year."

Zorii couldn't see what Rey saw in Kylo Ren, not after destroying the Jedi Academy, not after Starkiller, not after killing his own father... but apparently she did. "Anyway, Palpatine's Final Order is ready - an armada of battlecruisers equipped with planet-destroying weapons."

"He destroys my homeworld, Kijimi, first," Zorii says, reflecting on that awful day. "And then threatens the entire galaxy. Rey and Kylo Ren fight across the galaxy, trying to turn each other, trying to track down wayfinders, which lead to Palpatine's hidden world of Exegol... Rey redeems Kylo Ren with Leia's help, who dies helping, and they head to confront Palpatine... who is apparently her grandfather, or something like that... and her and Ben, they're something special in the Force called a Dyad."

A shrug. "They confront Palpatine, and the entire galaxy decides enough is enough and we head to join Poe and the Resistance and smash the Final Order and decapitate the First Order. Galaxy rises up, and, nine years ago, we thought it was over."

Zorii sighed a little.

Xundel sat quietly, sipping his caf again, as she related the more recent history. A sad shake of his head at the loss of her home. But something confused him, ”A question, you said Rey redeemed this Ben or Kylar or whatever his name is. Why then do I feel two large spikes in the force yet only one is a spike in the Light?”

He sighed, ”I came here because I felt Barriss and others. I have travelled, far and wide and come to a certain understanding, and came here as I felt the ones here would possibly understand what I had discovered. But Barriss’ outlook is contrary to what I would hope could happen.”

Gazing around the cafe, he sipped again from the caf, trying to decide what, if anything of his own mission he should tell this woman, or whether those she hoped he would meet would be willing to listen either.”I was a Jedi once upon a time, but I do not know if this Rey would accept what I am now. Not Sith, not exactly Jedi. But it has to begin somewhere.”

Zorii shrugged. "We don't know what happened. Kylo Ren - as Ben Solo - we were told that he died fighting Palpatine. Rey returned, but whatever happened is intensely private to her... we only know what Finn, another Force user in the Resistance, what he told us, which is at least second-hand."

"Rey left the Resistance after, and, well, the First Order didn't collapse as we'd all expected, and the galaxy didn't unify as much as we'd expected. Galactic Warlords took the Rim, and the First Order held onto the Inner systems..." she hesitated. "Rumour even has it that Kylo Ren returned as Supreme Leader..."

"It's been nine years since the Battle of Exegol, and well, the galaxy hasn't recovered. The First Order has slowly grown stronger, and the Galactic Warlords too." Zorii finished her caf. "I imagine you're sensing Rey and Kylo Ren, but I couldn't say. I'm not a Force user." She indicated a hut through the broken windows. "Nomi is in charge here. You'd need to ask her."

”Hmmm…” Xundel began. He paused, thinking again, finishing his caf as well. He glanced out of the window in the direction she had looked, ”I’m guessing that is my next stop, if she will see me, then. Because there were certainly two very strong spikes, one Light, one Dark.” He glanced at her once again, ”Thank you for giving me a brief history of a lot of what I missed. If I succeed in my own pursuit, I hope things will improve for you and your people.”

Zorii stepped between him and entrance. "That open mind, I mentioned? I was going to ask if you would consider joining the fight. The Resistance needs Force users, especially as Kylo Ren rebuilt the Knights of Ren."

"Oh yeah," Zorii said with a grin beneath her mask. "I should have mentioned that. There are a few darksiders who serve Kylo Ren. There used to be six, but then they were killed... and were recruited anew. Not sure there are six again, but there are likely to be a... problem?"

She stepped aside. "But sure, off you go. Nomi doesn't like being kept waiting..."

Xundel paused after standing and turning, when she slipped between him and the door. Gazing up, he sighed, the Light and Dark had been at this for so long and they were, it seemed, headed for another showdown that would destroy even more of the galaxy. ”Yes, I will consider it. Tell them I will listen to them directly and make up my mind from there.”

He gazed at her still, an almost sad expression on his face, ”I have seen the heights of the Light and the lows of the Dark, Zorii, and things must change, the galaxy has seen too much in the way of destruction for so many years, as you have told me. I do not want people such as you and,” he gestured out of the door, ”those Force users out there that are trying to keep their heads down and unnoticed by those with true power.”

Floating off of the floor, he reached her eye level, the hand not holding the cane reaching out to touch her shoulder for a moment, ”Thank you, once more, for giving me the time to instruct me on what has occurred in recent history.” He closed his eyes for a moment, letting a tiny sliver of energy flow into her; he’d now be able to sense her wherever he was in the galaxy. ”May the Force guide you, young one.” he said quietly.

Descending to the ground once more the cane clacked as he moved around her, slowly making his way out of the cafe and in search of Nomi, following the sense of her essence as he walked.

20. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Dol Khan
    -Level 1313

Many targets.

The Kubaz has ideas. For all of them. The question was how deep would he go?

The Resistance was viewed sympatheti-

Dol did not care. Dol Khan's primary objective is a free Coruscant. Measures and actions so far have not worked to destroy the First Order.

So, the person on the other end wanted orders...

Dol Khan says: "Observe the spaceports. Any VIP arrivals on the planet. Continue to compile a list."

"And then what?"

"Continue to compile a list."

He cuts the connections and steps on the comlink. Right now, the Don is his target, with the Vice Chancellor's daughter a backup target. Any perceived attack on either of them would heighten security for First Order VIPs and high-ranking officials. Good, Dol Khan thinks as he approaches the fuel transport speeder truck. He sneaks and knocks on the window of the driver. The driver turns and is met with the butt of Dol's blaster pistol. The Kubaz looks around. No witnesses or cameras. The best part of Level 1313.

He undresses the driver and slips into his oversized clothes. Ties the driver up and stashes him in a nearby utility closet.

Dol Khan settles into the driver's seat of the speeder truck. He opens up his datapad and, after a few seconds of digging in Coruscant public utilities network, accesses a schematic of the Opera House. Many shops, many fuel depots, and many roads that led to the Opera House. So many to choose from. He pauses. The view is not through the dark blue tinted goggles of the Kubaz as he stares out of the front window in thought.

The agents.

What to do with them? They would interfere and they were specialized, Dol Khan knew. Formidable combatants and First Order enforcers... He'd kill them if they interfered. He would need to plan a two...No a three tier operation. Chaos was his ally. Freedom by any means.

He starts the fuel transport and begins to make his way towards a fuel stop near the Opera House.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tirran Huxley & Dade - A Combo with Sinrebirth
    Shop, Level 1313

Hearing bits of odd noise he knew his service droid was handling the counter, but for how long was always a question. Guiding the child back to a room off the closed hallway, he stopped infront of a doorway that the symbol for water on it. Pushing the keypad to open the traditional door he waved for the kid to enter as he chattered away spilling information.

The doorway had a passive scanner as well as glow lights, if anything was detected he could tell by color and location what might be on the kid. "Due to the recent loss any help in recognizing others would be a great help. I have admired the Lost Boys for a while, I probably could have some paying business for your cell later."

The room was starkly empty with a lit screen area and several large tanks around the room. A comfortable way to karoke if one was of an aquatic species. There were other secrets to this room as well, such as the hidden closet with the lost and found or kept in stock clothes. "I might have some cloths as well, you'll need to change your appearance. Keep talking while I check for something."

The sensor reported nothing of note, the lights remaining the same colour, as Dade continued to speak. "Clothes would be swell, sir. I've had these for a while, and it's not easy to wash up on the street, y'know?"

"I can't believe I nearly got picked up by an Agent! I hear those guys are stamped like they're off a manufacturin' line, did you know that? Tattooed with a number of some kind. I knew some peeps who killed one, guy by the name of Smith, and they nothing special about him whatsoever apart from that number tattoo," he indicated his upper left arm. "Right here."

"No idea why the left, I heard that all Sith are lefties, but that sounds pretty far'fetched, y'know?"

"Oh yes. Many facts of life are far fetched, best to keep aware but wait for proof. Personally I haven't met them to make an opinion on hands." The whole wealth of child like babble was precious and useful. The more you knew the more you could bargain and barter, as well as from a better position.

Opening a hidden closet he cycled through the clothes sizes, finding one that was roughly the child's size, maybe a size or half larger according to his exosuits measurements. Granted the child clothes would not be gracing the rack, they would be incinerated. A fair trade for the information the child was providing. "Here, these should fit, there's a sonic in the corner. Is there a way I can contact the Lost Boys for help or check on you later?"

"Of course, mister!" He stripped without much thought, grabbed the clothes and strode into the sonic. "We're hooked in all over. You say the phrase Spark of the Resistance at the high-end old Imperial frequencies, and we'll pick up... eventually."

"My parents set it up," Dade continued. "They were here when dat Emperor died, the first time." He emphasised the F, almost lisping it. "The Imp Lovers had to get crafty to hold on; fought for a year against change."

"I remember those days. Tough times." Taking the discarded clothes he opened the rubbish shoot from the wall and after a cursory scan by his exosuit to confirm that no contents were left in the clothes pockets or anything dumped them down it. Tapping a panel made sure the chute would actually dump out into the pit.

"So, anything else I should know? There is a back way out of here I'll have you use. No good going out the front with those White Shells out there." Huxely calmly mentioned. Waiting and hoping this little bubbling brook of information continued to flow.

"Thank you, mister," Dade said, genuinely smiling at him. His hair was still wet, but he had clean clothes at last. "Is there a way I can get in touch with you, or can I come back ever?" He looked a little abashed. "There's a lot of kids out there who could do with this kind of help."

Pausing at the doorway to lead the little ruffian out of his establishment out a back door he turned and regarded the child. Twisting a little left and then a little right inside his tank he studied the child. "That is the problem, there always is. I once was less than you are now as a child, stuck on an alien world with barely a tank to live in and try to earn some way of living. I have fought - scraped - bargained - and bled; for everything I have. Always dreaming of an easier life and a better way to live instead of forever trapped in interchangeable tiny tanks with occasional looks at worlds through distorted windows, worlds that I die in without these tanks." Scrunching his face he blew the liquid around in his tank, trying to let go of the tension that this little urchin had stirred within him.

"If you and your fellows can do a few services for me down the line I could see repaying you in kind with what you ask." His exo-suit had a chest panel open and he removed a small comm device which he fiddled with as he talked. "Information useful for the resistance or about ways to contact other cells is always useful as well as anything locally about the beings on this world. Some things have hidden value." Extending his suits arm he handed the little comm device to the child. "This is preprogrammed with encryption to reach a relay that will give me any messages and I can respond in kind to you. Never use my name, call me. . .Aqua-man or whatever you kids like. Hopefully if I get a couple deals I could set up a cleaning station that can scan boys and then get them proper clothes as time goes on, install it wherever you like for you when we can do it. But times are hard, and credits scarce. And with white shells harassing my business this place is likely not to be safe for your lot until after we get enough of you properly clothed to seem normal coming in a place like this."

Dade took the comlink, eyes wide with happiness. "Thank you, mister. You're right, I get it. Aqua-man works, sir."

The youth went to go, and then threw a hug over the nonhuman and vanished into the Coruscanti night.

Looking at the smooshed body of clothing and skin against his tank was rather disturbing as well as the noise it caused a thudding echo within his environment. With eyes bulging he waited it out and let the little creature leave in silence. Once the back door was closed he set about activating a cleaning droid for the hall and the tank room. Best to leave no trace of the urchin. "Ugly creature." he simply stated as he stepped over the cleaning droid. "Bad judge of character. But possibly useful." Time would tell whether he would use the location data from the commlink and information he garnered to sell out the whole lot of Lost Boys, or used them as a courier service for own elicit ends. Either way they would prove useful - another mark on his turnstile of useful things.

With that settled he made his way forward once more to take over manning the front counter. Waiting for customers, either traditional or special.

22. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Lin and Rizo (combo with @Sinrebirth )
    Fleeing Akiva, onboard unknown super-ship

[​IMG]

Their mysterious dark steed galloped into space...

Lin was still staring, gaping, at the massive dreadnought before them. It loomed from the darkness like a sando aqua. Rizo was squealing beside her, as usual. She looked at what he had noticed.

Engaging cloaking device

Lin's eyebrows rose. She was starting to get the feeling this was more than just a normal ship they had... borrowed. The first clue was how nimbly it had leapt up and sped past all those other fleeing ships. A cloak was another top of the range modification - which made her worry about from whom they had stolen it.

Then the First Order ship fired. The heavens blazed. Like a god's vengeful bolt, the massive energy stream ripped through the atmosphere and annihilated Myrra. If Lin wanted to feel any sort of emotion at the sudden and complete destruction of the place she had called home her entire life, she did not have time. The ship bucked in the shockwave and a barrage of angry warning lights lit up the console.

The cloak died.

Oh well. No time to dwell on that either. We need to get out of here, and I have no idea how to program a hyperdrive...

Rizo pounced on the computer's prompt for this, to a yell of protest from Lin. But then, a moment later, the navcom accepted the input and began to engage.

Lin stared at him, a grin forming. The starfield blurred into lines as the ship leapt into hyperspace, leaving Myrra, the First Order behemoth, and all her worries behind.

Lin howled with joy. "Yahaa! You did it!" she beamed at the Ranat. "You just put the coordinates in it and the computer did the rest!"

She nearly... very nearly... reached across and gave him a hug. But she stopped in time.

"Okay, so maybe I won't break your nose." she said instead. "You're now official navigator of this voyage."

Rizo grinned. "Everyone knows 0-0-0! Seemed like the best place to go, in a pinch. We can vanish there, I bet. Lots of ships, lots of people."

Lin fiddled with her wrist-mounted credit chip, realising how pitifully small her resources were. She had spent so long wishing for this moment to come true, she had never really planned what to do next, beyond this point.

She looked at Rizo. "So, you know anyone on Coruscant who... you know... might help us?"

The Ranat sagged at her question. "I don't know anyone, but I bet we can find someone! This ship is pretty cool, bet we could sell it for credits if we need to..."

Lin nodded at Rizo's suggestion to sell the ship. That had been her first thought, too. It was surely worth a lot with all the modifications. On the other hand, she was kind of getting used to the freedom it represented. They could even use it for some kind of work... but they would need to learn how to actually fly it a lot better for that idea to work.

And... something Lin could not quite put her finger on... a feeling.

Rizo peered out of the cockpit. It was a black ship on the inside and out. "We should explore, I reckon."

The Ranat wasn't doing it on his own, that was for sure. His nose twitched. He could smell... something. It wasn't good, that much he could tell. He hadn't noticed it until now, and he was basically all nose. "Can you, um, smell that?"

Lin knew what he meant. She had not nearly the same level of smell as the rodent, but she had learned to trust her instincts... and something felt wrong about this ship.

Lin checked the console one last time. It seemed the hyperdrive was happy and they were locked on course for Coruscant. No angry alerts to worry about.

She turned to Rizo. "Come on then, let's have a look around..."

There was a central lounge, which fed off to rooms to the port and starboard, and engines to the rear. The three rooms were all closed, but one of them was the source of the smell.

Rizo twitched his nose. “Smells like death... defrosted?” He pushed open the door beside that one. It was full of trinkets; baubles and artefacts catalogued on the shelves. “Oh wow.”

“Paydirt,” he said. They had stolen a collectors ship, they must have done. It was all unidentifiable to him, languages and sigils on the items he didn’t know. Pyramids and cubes and little status of demagogues. “I think we’re rich, Lin.”

Lin's mouth dropped open, taking in the collection. She breathed in and out.

We. Are. Rich.

The first surge of elation soon subsided though, as she considered these bizarre relics. The thought came to her that this might be a cursed treasure.

She turned to the Ranat, frowning. "We've got to be careful, Rizo. This gives us two problems. First, we can't just go and offload these on some Duros at the first spacers' cantina we find... they might be important, or restricted, like Jedi artefacts or something. We have to find the right market to realise their value."

Rizo nodded. "Okay, and what's the second problem?"

Lin looked him in the eye. "Whoever collected all these things is going to really want them back..."

Rizo pulled a face at that. “Good point,” he said as they headed into the second room. It was all so spacious, it was terrifyingly impressive.

And there was a dead person.

He screeched, hiding behind Lin. He peeked around her, could see that the creature had a squashed nose and a set of tube-feeders coming from the side of its nose -

“Vampire!”

Well.

Two parts of one.

He’d been split in two, almost neatly, somehow. There was very little blood, thankfully. Rizo would have had a breakdown if not. He could not stand blood. “Imma gonna guess that we stole the ship from whoever did that!”

Had he not been panicking, he might have worked through how unlikely it was that the owner of the ship would have left a body there on the floor and then walked out of his ship, but Rizo was too busy backing away.

He fell into the third room, the one that smelled, and he was suddenly looking at a room from horror stories. A group of preserved - bodies? Rizo knew what an Anzati was, but he had no way to compute it all and he slammed the door shut and screamed again.

"Oh... not good..." Lin reeled from the new discoveries. She was suddenly much more inclined to unload everything to the first spacer they met on landing after all.

Uhhhh, landing. Would they be boarded? What would happen if First Order grunts found all this stuff on board?

Something told her they could not dump the bodies in deep space while in hyperspace. Maybe out the airlock once they hit realspace in-system again?

Okay, I got time to think about that. she decided. Don't panic until we get to Coruscant.

Any lingering doubts that whoever previously owned this ship also represented a danger had vanished. But there was just nothing she could do about it now.

As the least distressing of the three rooms, she returned to the first chamber of artefacts to take a closer look at the items - see if she could find any markings or clues as to what they were...

Rizo followed her, a bit mute, when the cockpit voice called out.

Repair of cloaking device has been completed by automated systems. Will be activated on arrival due to threat analysis.

The Ranat sighed a little. "Well that's handy."

He picked up the nearest spear, gave it a glance. "Isn't that, um, whatdoyacall it, a Sith hex?"

He was pointing at the flaming symbol upon the spear blade. As he mentioned the word Sith, a bunch of the items in the room began to glow red.

Rizo carefully put back the spear. "I really, really don't like this ship."

Lin cuffed the Ranat around the ear. "Don't touch!"

She gazed at the various items, cogs turning in her mind. "Who could we find that would want to buy all this stuff? It would have to be some super-rich eccentric collector. That's what we'll do - find the clubs where they hang out."

She turned and grinned at him. "And with my legendary stunning charisma, I'll sweet-talk my way in!"

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Vice-Chancellor Aryan Graul
    Chancellor’s Penthouse, Coruscant

Aryan’s expression remained reticent as he stared back at the Chancellor, his stance betraying no hints of the physical pain that ailed him. He had grown weary of Hux’s posturing, particularly now that he had accumulated a more thorough understanding of his tactics. It was no coincidence that the younger man had chosen this opportunity to reference his children, nor to lecture him about his diplomatic blunders in the Expansion Region.

It was all part of the game, a ploy to unnerve him and perhaps to provoke a negative response. The young fool probably even hoped for the latter to occur so that he could rebuke him some more.

The Vice-Chancellor merely smirked at that thought, a fleeting gesture that quickly slipped back beneath the impassive veneer that guarded his emotions. He would not allow Hux to frustrate him so easily; he was more disciplined than that, better prepared. If anything, this moment granted him a rare peek behind the veil at the Chancellor’s own shortcomings. The lull in the conversation, the aggression – something had diverted his attention and set him off-balance.

While the cause of Hux’s hesitation was rather suspect, it also helped to bolster Aryan’s confidence. It served as a reminder that he had his own arsenal of cunning and skillful schemes to utilize at his discretion.

For one, he had known in advance about his daughter Jalynn’s jaunt to the Opera House to meet with the eccentric Don, even before the Chancellor had alluded to such a gathering. In addition, Aryan had made already plans to see his daughter later that afternoon, which would no doubt lead to the exchange of more intelligence data. It was convenient to have a child with access.

That same notion brought him a sense of pride when faced with Hux’s current badgering. The Chancellor also did not know that he frequently consulted with his son, Arek––who served as a prominent ambassador––about the volatile climate within the Expansion Region. Aryan was very much attuned to the actions of the First Order inside that sector, particularly their dubious negotiation methods, which saw the fleets exerting control while the politicians tried to maintain a peaceful path through diplomacy. It was counterproductive; no wonder they had failed to produce the desired results.

Nevertheless, this same knowledge now provided Aryan with an edge over the Chancellor. It was bound to inspire a rather...enlightening conversation.

For the moment, he caught the tail end of Hux’s rambling, “… but I gather your son is on Gyndine, attempting to encourage the governor to return his loyalty to us…

Aryan inhaled deeply and shifted his weight on his cane, feigning indifference. “Yes, he might have…divulged a few details about that assignment,” he murmured in a gravelly baritone. “But I imagine it shouldn’t be too difficult to strike a deal under the current circumstances. I trust his capabilities.”

His words held an ulterior meaning, a veiled hostility that conveyed his wider perception of the situation. To emphasize this further, Aryan canted his head and narrowed his eyes as he met the younger man’s gaze.

“Gyndine may be known as an administrative stronghold, but it does not garner the spotlight like some of the more illustrious worlds. In fact, many analysts consider it inconsequential on the galactic stage...which will work out to our advantage.” He waved his hand, his usual smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. “We can slip in, negotiate our terms, and inherit a flourishing economy that is spearheaded by their modest shipyards. It’s the gateway to the rest of the region.”

But then his voice dropped several octaves, adopting a more dangerous undertone. “Arek will not fail.”

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  24. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Combo with Sinre

IC: Poe, Finn, Rose, & Rey

Aboard the Eclipse

Rey let them go.

Tucking the sidearm she had pulled from the Captain on her belt, she stayed still as everyone shuffled around her and followed Finn's mental command. She couldn't help an impressed smile in her friend's direction - she hadn't stopped to think about what he might have learned in her time away. She had not trained him, or rather had chosen not to, so whatever skills he may have gained were because he had become disciplined enough to teach himself. Rey was proud of him, but also a twinge guilty at not being around more to lend support.

She knew firsthand what it was like to be alone with such gifts, and to have no one to help her decipher what it all meant.

Her head swiveled in Poe's direction at the mention of overheating the laser cannon drive, a few steps ahead knowing the disastrous consequences of the resulting exhaust overspill into the propulsion systems. "Would be a shame if we all burned to death before we even get going," Rey chimed in, stepping beside Poe and searching for something specific at the controls. "There," she pointed, reaching across him in a comfortable manner to flip a rather large switch. The bridge shuddered beneath their feet as the hyperdrive began to rev up.

"Have to deactivate the compressor on the ignition line." Rey looked at her fellow pilot, habitually giving him a teasingly smug look before the pain of the past wiped it away. She could hear Han's voice as if they were still in the cockpit of the Falcon, both equally frustrated with the modifications made by a junk dealer. "You'll overstress the hyperdrive if you don't."

Finn looked up from the man he was tying up, hoping the rest of the crew weren't paying attention. "Let's get somewhere fast!"

Poe grinned at her, not knowing the history of the comment - he didn't manage to meet Han before he was lost, though he would have loved to do so. He reached under her in response and pressed down a button with his most flirtatious grin. "Don't you see, you and I? How we -"

A steering rig emerges from the console as if to interrupt them. Poe glares at it. "Who uses an inverted control yoke?"

He glances at Rey. "Who goes first?"

"Not the time!" Rose shouts.

"After you," Rey relented, resuming a more even demeanor as she forced her thoughts away from old memories. She stepped back slightly to give Poe room. "Punch it." And she gave him a wink, looking toward Rose next.

She nodded once.

Poe grabbed the controls and the Eclipse roughly disengage and scrape its way out. Fuel conduits unhinge and spit blue energy, slicing through the docks infrastructure.

The ship’s exterior lights blink on and off in patch grids.

Heavy cannons fire on the Eclipse’s shields -

Poe leans back, and the whole ship dips down, towards the planet!

“The black empty part is where we should be pointed!” Rose snapped.

“I’m trying, everything’s backwards!”

Finn looks at the window at the planet rising into view as they tilt further down. His voice is mocking. “I can fly anything.”

"What are you doing," Rey squealed as she gripped the back of Poe's chair to keep from suddenly flying off her feet. The Eclipse took a dive and she planted herself, gripping the back of one of Poe's arms to pull herself closer. "I definitely should've went first!"

Poe gains control of the craft’s trajectory but not it’s axis. The planet rolls from the bottom of the massive front window to the top. To distract from his issues, he snaps through gritted teeth. “Do we have the droid?”

BB-8’s maintenance craft is hit, burning, engineless, fifty metres from the bridge docking port. He’ll never make it -

Unless -

He ejects himself from the droid socket, floats into the cold empty space, but he’s still too far away -

“Rey!” Rose shouts, pointing at the droid as the ship continues to rotate -

The Jedi was already halfway to the forward viewport, eyes on the little orange and white ball that had jettisoned from it's failing craft. Rey reached out with a hand and thrust towards him with an invisible lasso, the Force flinging out into the void of space to ensnare BB-8. She felt her aim land true, her concentration tightening on the droid. "I've got him!" she called out, her stance rocking as the ship went askew once more.

The ship rocked with more fire, but the moment Rey spoke the magic words, Rose’s console flashed at her. “Good for lightspeed!” She flipped the hyperdrive lever.

Bars of light stretch out before them -

There was a crash of hyperspace as the immense ship burrowed forward, and all at once Finn, Poe and Rose released an immense sigh - and so did everyone else on the bridge!

They’d made it.

BB-8 rushed in as defected crew makes reports and checks the new warships system. It wasn’t designed to be ran by such a small amount of people for long.

When the astromech sees Rey, the whoop for joy is almost screeching, and the droid rushes to her and Poe. Poe is down on his knees first, nuzzling with BB-8 and letting him get to Rey. He’s already bobbing his head to make sure she can see he still has his antenna.

Taking a knee, Rey gave BB a loving scratch and her customary check of his antennae - still straight. "I'm glad you made it, my friend," she whispered affectionately, eyeing the droid fondly before standing again. She grew moderately more serious, speaking to any one of her friends nearby.

"What is all this about?" Her hands gestured at the busy bridge around her, but meaning more so the haphazard attempt at stealing it.

Poe shrugged. “Well we were trying to blow the fleet. Set explosives up in the fuel line, channel the detonation into the Dreadnoughts... looks like the First Order expected that.” He looked a bit wry. “Admiral Vonn and I tangled over ten years ago, just before Exegol. It didn’t go well, for any of us.”

He went into a more introspective place, and Rose took over, as Finn was looking fairly serious himself. She chimed in. “What about you? It’s been a while since we last saw you. Pretty elaborate setup for a last minute save.”

There was only the tiniest amount of censure in her voice. Most of it was curiosity. Rose was more likely to say it how she saw it than not; something that had historically endeared her to Rey back on Ajan Kloss all those years ago.

"I..." Rey paused before continuing, her mind speeding over her most recent journeys and all that had - and had not - taken place. Regardless, what mattered most was that the Force had brought her to this moon at the exact time as her friends, to save them and to follow them here. She was just unsure as to why.

She smiled softly at Rose, suddenly feeling the weight of the past decade push down on her shoulders and she tried to shrug it off. "The Force guided me back to you all." It was a simple statement and the truth of it didn't need embellishment. "Just in the nick of time, it seems."

“Handy, that,” Poe said. “Guiding you back to General Poe, just in time.”

Rose pulled an exasperated face, and was about to comment further, when she caught sight of Finn’s face. He looked forlorn, deep in thought.

“What’s wrong?” Poe said, catching on.

“It doesn’t matter,” Finn turned aside. “We’re about to arrive.”

Rey would be able to see, though, what the other Force sensitive was dwelling upon. He was thinking about all those refugees that left behind on Kuat’s moon.

Rey didn't give Poe one of those 'are you serious' glances, their playful back-and-forth so natural now that it happened without much thought or effort.

Her senses directed her to Finn, his particular brand of introspection calling out to her like a light in the sudden darkness. "Finn," she said loudly, stepping towards her friend. Swallowing once, something apprehensive forming in the pit of her stomach.

"What is it?"

She rested a hand upon one of his, and the rush of veiled concern, worry, guilt, shame, and more washed over her like a cold bath. His thoughts dwelled on those they couldn't help, those that they could not save and Rey's heart twisted, the feelings of many moments such as this igniting its own match against her chest. "There was nothing to be done."

It was all she could say to him, squeezing his hand tightly, too tight, dark eyes meeting a similar pair in her fellow Force-wielder. "Nothing."

She searched his face, their interaction very personal and intimate. It went beyond the basic nature of looks and touch - she leaned in with the Force to show her longtime confidante the true meaning behind the responsibilities of those like them.

Sacrifice for a greater cause.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  25. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: A crossroads of fate combo with @Sinrebirth and @Master Vo'Un'Var

The Stranger and Vicrul

Leaving

The Stranger heard the question sent across using the power. A puzzled expression came across his face, and he attempted to return the question.

I am just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe. He replied, before continuing his trajectory, hoping that no trouble would stop his path.

Vicrul noted the blunt and straightforward reply, one at least akin to himself or so it seemed.

Do you not wonder who I am, the strange voice in your head? Your feelings betray you, you are confused, lost, unsure of your place in the galaxy.

Vicrul ignored Hattaska's impatience, he would take his time, and if the Stranger died in the process then so be it. His attention did then turn at the mention that they had found the last Jedi. Perhaps it would be worth it to hurry things along.

Hattaska leaned closer to Vicrul. He was looming. Jaedec, Ott and Lorl tensed as a group. Vicrul was only doing what Hattaska asked; finding a sixth Knight.

But the Last Jedi.

Their first sighting in years.

Jaedec cleared his throat, and reached out for the Stranger too; not to nudge, but to obtain a sense of the man. He, too, could judge and decide.

They needed to go.

It may even come to weighing up whether a sixth was worth losing the Last Jedi... and that was not even a difficult equation.

The Knights wouldn’t stay for any sixth.

It was a narrow window; as long as it took the hyperdrive to calculate the jump to Kuat.

You are nothing more than another stranger. My feelings cannot betray me, because they are something I do not know.

The Stranger sensed the dark ones on their ship, and wondered if it would actually be worth seeing what they had to offer. Power? Quite likely. But The Stranger didn't need power. He needed answers.

What I want to know is why this voice in my head decided to visit me. Surely there are others that are of more interest to you?

Perhaps, but who can say? We offer a chance, there are no secrets to the Knights of Ren, but it seems there is little time, you lay at the crossroads of fate, you can travel alone forever wondering lost, or come with us. But you must decide now.

Vicrul then turned Jaedac and Hattaska giving a solemn nod if this stranger chose to join them then he would be worthy but if he did not they would not be at any great loss. The prospect of the last Jedi, even for Vicrul, was far too tantalizing to pass up.

The Stranger frowned once more, and made up his mind.

Very well. Let me board you ship.

Perhaps, just perhaps, these people knew of ways that The Stranger could find his lost self... Fate would reveal that to him very soon.

Vicrul turned to Hattaska, doubtless, he would hear it too, the timing would be tight but if everything lined up just right they may be able to nab this stranger and make their way.

Good. Come on board.

Vicrul's thoughts then drifted to the future prospect that laid before them, his resolve becoming hardened. He could sense the light fading away, escaping into the nothingness of space. So be it, in time they too would die, their priority was her, The Last Jedi. A deep, resting rage began to build with Vicrul, more infused in his core, hidden beneath a veneer of supposed boredom. But this was it, this would be their moment, to final kill Rey Skywalker.

Hattaska was about ready to draw the Darksaber and slice open Vicrul, when the Stranger yielded. He nodded at Jaedec, and the Night Buzzard shifted to take in a sixth darkness.

“We shall see if he is worthy of the Ren,” Hattaska said with a nod. “Secure him, remove his ship, we jump in ten seconds.”

His mask turned aside, brooking no argument.

Vicrul felt the anger pulsate from Hattaska, his desire to kill him flooding through his entire body, Vicrul remained unmoved, his unusual patience taking centerstage. He turned to the hanger bay door, awaiting the arrival of this Stanger. Once he was inside, Vicrul lent a hand to him, gesturing vaguely to a seat, he saw no reason to bind the man, he had no chance at defeating the Knights of Ren, and he would know this, the interior filled with the stench of the Dark Side. His ship was then jettisoned, Vicrul not making a single word to the man, sitting back down as he mouthed a single word to Jaedec.

"Go"

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Master Vo'Un'Var Mention for @QueenSabe7