main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars exhibition in London

Discussion in 'London UK' started by jedi_andy, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_andy

jedi_andy Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    Just a quick heads up, there is a new SW exhibition opening on May 5

http://www.starwarstheexhibition.com/

and

http://www.starwarslondon.com/

for more info
    Think it the same one as in Paris last year and at the Barbican in 2000.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    It sounds like an updated version of the Barbican one. I saw that exhibit in Edinburgh and it was very good. This sounds like it has been updated to include RoTS as well. I will definitely attend!

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    ****-a-doodle-dooo!
    i think this year is going to be star wars-tastic,for all london based geeks.
    fans,i mean fans...

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Sounds excellent!!!! :D

The barbican exhibition was one of the best ever exhibitions I've been too....heck, it was the best actually!! It would also be great if some of the art department members did some lectures too, like they did at the Barbican but hopefully they'll do something for CE if not.

May also incorporate this into the Euro meet if there is demand, which I'm sure there will be.

5. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i've emailed the organisers about doing something to promote the london chapter of the fanforce,most likely putting some leaflets on display advertising the board,etc...

6. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    This looks great, I shall definately be visiting a few times and bringing some friends up also.

The Barbican event in 2000 was amazing, I have loads of pictures and video of it also.

Will definately like to meet up with Matt and the crew.

7. Jedinuger

Jedinuger Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2007
    I didnt see this thread before i updated it on aswell. Apprently some people i know say that they heard that the Barbican one is gonna look terrible compared to this one. Im so freakin excited. Go on my thread and you will see pictures

Cheers guys

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    w00tage. The barbican one was so cool. I remember sitting in a pod racer ass those years ago...

9. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hell YES, The Barbican expo was amazing, so I hope this is at least as good :cool:

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    From the other thread

heres the link for the pr site which is in charge of it.

[link=http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/weird_wonderful/star_wars.htm]This is it[/link].

11. JediKnight_Veronna

JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    This I am definatly going to, not even the sith themselves will keep me away from this one. :D

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Likewise, it looks great.

13. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey guys :)

i am super keen for this one :)
    Let me know when you guys get tickets and for what date.
    Are we all going to go together?

14. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Does anyone want to go around the time of London Excel (26-27th May), I'll be in London for it :D Or are you all gonna rush to it beforehand?

£16.50 to get in, I can understand if people don't want to go twice. I'll probs also go when I am here for CE.

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    It is pricey, so for now I'm delaying it until the week of CE but I may end up seeing it twice. I wont be able to see it during Expo week though Tim, but if you do see it give us the low down :)

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That is quite expensive.
    I'll most likely go when everyone else goes.

17. CARBONITEKID

CARBONITEKID Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    There is actually a charity opening on May 4th ;)

18. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    [link=http://tinyurl.com/2ldql9]BBE Report on the exhibition[/link]

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    As expected it looks to be a carbon copy of the Barbican one a few years back, although with added AotC and RotS items no doubt.
    There is also an article onit in one of the free London evenings papers. Also mentions Celebration Europe :D

20. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I'll defiantly be visiting this over the summer when I'm on my usual visit to my aunt down near London.

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    BBC London News (6:30 pm) had a bit on the exhibit. They followed a father and son getting a bit of a preview. I saw Yoda, C-3PO, and Vader in the film clip. The story did mention the high price of tickets as well.

22. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Hey folks!

I went to the opening night of this exhibition tonight, and it was great.

Very similar indeed to the Barbican one a few years ago, but this one had many paintings and models that weren't there. Concept work by Ian McCaig, Ralph McQuarie, and any other fab Star Wars artist you might have in mind.
    They also have numerous models that I haven't seen in exhibition before. Costume wise, I think most of them were at the Barbican, but Jango Fett and some Wookies (and more) are here now too, as well as some other prequel bits and bobs.

They even have that blob-like monster from outside Jabba's Palace in Jedi - the one who ate that bug and burped... Classic!

So, all in all, I really think everyone should go to this, because I was wondering round with a big grin on my face... :D

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm glad to hear they have Jango's costume - that wasn't in the show I saw in Edinburgh. Does this show have Boba's costume as well? The Edinburgh one did and it looked great.

24. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Yeah Boba is there too. They're both standing side by side, and look great. :)

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad to hear it. I will have to remember to bring my camera when I come up for the exhibit. When I went to the Edinburgh one I didn't have a digital camera. A friend took pics but they are on an old rather unreliable PC and I never moved them over to my laptop.

I assume they have a gift shop as well. Did they have a lot in it? I found a few nice items (including a Boba poster that I've never seen anywhere else) at the Edinburgh show. However I was limited purchase-wise as we had flown there from Heathrow and all I had was a small knapsack for carry-on items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.