main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars exhibition in London

Discussion in 'London UK' started by jedi_andy, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Howdy JediVixen, hope you have a great holiday in London :D

I think it's fair to say the London exhibition is very much in the same mould as the US exhibitions, but I'm 75% sure the actual collection of items will be different (or certainly a large proportion of them).
    $30/£16.50 is very expensive for an exhibition, even for London, and in fairness to get the most out of it, it helps if this is your first visit to a Star Wars exhibition. I think it's worth it, but if you've been to one of the US shows then you might be better spending the money somewhere else. If it was $20/£10, I'd say go for it without a question, but paying that little bit extra is hard to justify.
    Hope that helps :)

2. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Thanks Lord-Tice for the advice. I think I will go for it and pay the fee.
    I agree it is rather expensive - however, because I could not afford to come for Celebration Europe --- will pay for the exhibit. (I know....crazy thinking here...but well...) I did have a fantastic time at CIV.
    (Will save by cutting down on my trips to Starbucks...)
    Thanks for your reply :)

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I went yesterday.
    I thought it was good, I liked seeing the original costumes and props and models. I marveled at the detail of materials and scultures.

It's a shame many of the rooms were so dark and most exhibits were behind glass, that does make taking pictures so much more difficult.

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Glad I could sway you, JediVixen. I'm more then confident you wont regret going :D

I didn't mind the glass cabinets because that's to be expected, but the lighting should be better. They only have halogen lights at the front of each cabinet, when they need some at the back too (and the some at the bottom would help further). If I did go again, I'd defo bring my tri-pod along.

5. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Finally went to the exhibition last week and it was very good and well worth seeing, I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone, but you must of course hurry as it ends this weekend !!!

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    It's been extended until January now, so for anyone who thinks they've missed it, you have been thrown a life-line :D

I will still try and go again before the end of the year.

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Most likely why they did it tbh Richie. In the Naboo starfighter room the lights above were also an issue.

If we had time, I'd go again, use my PSP vid camera this time, but I don't see us having time this weekend.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    If Lord-Tice is right in his post above you have time to go again.

9. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Sorry lol what I posted was confusing, what I mean is that I'll be at LFCC all day Saturday and Sunday probably, and home on Monday, so I won't be able to head out and visit it ;)

Edit: Nope, I'm getting myself confused hehe. Aye, maybe, if I am coming down for the BM and Tut exhibitions before the end of this year. Have a feeling the next London trip will be next year tho :(

10. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Great news if it has been extended, as I'd love to go again and visit with other friends also, are you sure that it's been extended Matt ?!

11. Krande

Krande Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2005
    I really loved that.... I've been there right after Celebration Europe and I was just in the Star Wars feeling..... GREAT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.