main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Star Wars Fan Day - swap meet & gaming fun ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

Adam, I'm also interested in loose figure-parts... I've constructed many a custom 'Joe from leftover remnants of the single-digit grades when kids would actually bring toys to school to play-with in the dirt at recess. (My favorite being a handpainted Spawn figure constructed out of assorted pilot-viper pieces and Dr. Mindbender's cape)

2. KaraCat

KaraCat Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    I'm trying to think what I could bring to the meet. I have alot of trading cards/sets from the early 90s or at least I used to..but I do have an unopened Millenium Falcon special edition set of cards- I think it was Topps that put it out. The only recent things I have are unopened figures from Episode 1. I really need to go look, I moved 2 years ago, so those kind of things are still in storage.

I also have a bunch of loose G.I.Joes and most of their dossier cards that were on the backs of the packages. I need to see which ones I'll part with though, I still have quite a lot. Only a few fell apart, unfortunately one was StormShadow. :-(

What I am missing though is the Anakin piece from the inserts in teh grab bag chips. Anyone have an extra? I have extras of the others...

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    nope and you r not making me eat more chips to find him either :p

4. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    I will be heading out from Durham to the swap. Does anybody live out this way that might need a lift?

Just checkin but I think I am the only east end suburban bum on the board.

Let me know.

5. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaun, there are tons of east end boonie bums on the board :)

6. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Yes, there are plenty of us from the east end...SAVE US!!! lol

7. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    Does anybody need a lift?

Let me know. I will gladly pickup anybody in distress.

Where abouts are you other eastenders?

8. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Tragic, you mentioned burgers at 4-5. Is there an alternative to those who say, don't favour hamburgers? Not suggesting veggie burgers or anything, rather something like hot dogs. Some of need our daily dose of pigeon, raccoon, and rubber boot meat, you know! :D

9. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    There will indeed be hotdogs so that everyone can attain their daily recommended dosage of 'assorted meat by-products'.

If neither burgers or dogs or the vegetable equivelants of such appeal to people you can always have a bowl of cereal. I'm sure we've got a box of Shreddies somewhere in the house. ;)

10. EBCorp3

EBCorp3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    There's a Toronto Trek meeting I must attend earlier in the afternoon, but I am going to try my level best to arrive by BBQtime or whatever, depending on which AMC show we're going to hit. I'm mainly counting on getting access to this used car I'm buying this week - it's an '88 Toyota Corellian.

I really want to be there this weekend because I'm jonesing for material for the Toronto Trek video room. Specifically I'm looking for Hardware Wars and an episode of Droids. We can negotiate for swap-exchange, but I only need stuff until July 7th. My e-mail is ebcorp@hotmail.com ...

11. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Have a fabulous time guys! Wish I could be there, I'm stuck hiking through the small towns of Spain - but if no one would mind going a bit out the way and travelling east for about 7 hours by plane, then sure, I'd be in!

Argh, miss ya!

12. tulume

tulume Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    I'm there. just tell me how to get there. you can reach me at runecircle@hotmail.com
    or call me on my cell 4168803806
    can't wait
    ken you better come to this or i'll kill u.

13. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I will be there! and you are?

Hey all I just found a bunch of special mail away figs! Muftak and Kabe, Mace Windu, Spirit of ObiWan and B'Omarr Monk!

I might have to make a list here - I gotts me a whole lotta stuff to bring!

14. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Geez, I just realized I'm bringing like 5 boxes of stuff. I feel like a used car salesman...EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!

*cheap jingle*
    Get your fix of toys at Dain Bramage where he's got Brain Damage....buy, sell and trade!
    BING BING BING BING BING!

15. tulume

tulume Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    sign me up. just call or e-mail me with the details on how to get there.
    Miss u guy's and i can't wait to see u all.
    Ken if your not there i'll kill u

hay i live at young and eglinten . I need a lift or is willing to share a cab with some one.

call me please!

16. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    I'll try my best to be there, although I don't have much of anything to trade.

Is it possible to get a seat with someone who's driving out yonder? I'm at Church and Wellesley, but I can be somewhat flexible (TTC to somewhere on the subway line).

Drop me a PM or an e-mail: cristalia_is@yahoo.com

Cris~

17. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    I am sure this has been covered in the posts but I will ask again anyways...

All my stuff is stored. I can get to it but it means a ****load of work. I am coming to the swap with some stuff but not alot.

Does this mean I can buy stuff from people or is this a trade only event?

I have a pig and cow I can barter away for any cool Star Wars figs. (Mainly R2-D2 ep.1 and yoda ep. 1).

18. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Ken, does that mean you are trading the muftak and Kabe and B'momar Monk?

If it isn't, I blame it on the paint and the poor ventilation in the living room (sir, they've gone out the ventilation shaft)

19. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    No, I just wanted everyone to know I have them (kinda like waving them in front of your faces!)

- yes, I have an extra of each - my attempt at scalping!

20. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    hmm...scalping, how I loathe thee. Only cause I don't have cash to scalp with. hmm. I could sell my soul to someone..that's gotta be worth...hmm...not much, dangit.

21. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
  22. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    A soul?
    That's at least worth a handful of ALF POGS. Remember ALF? Well he's back - only in POG form.

23. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I bid 300 quatloos

24. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    FYI -
    The digital screening of AotC is confirmed at 7pm. So we'll start to shuttle people over to the theatre around a quarter after six. If you're intending on arriving after six - head straight for the theatre at QEW and Winston Churchill.

See you all tomorrow.

25. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Have Fun guys! I´ll be thinking of ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.