main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fan Days

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Anyone making this mini celebration in Texas in Oct? Looks kind of cool.

2. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Austin Fan Force will have an event presence once more, I'll have more details on that in the coming weeks. Last year we raffled off a fully signed Fan Days II poster for the Red Cross and held a trivia challenge with some nifty prizes.

3. DarthBobul

DarthBobul Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2006
    this will be my first. im really looking forward to it.

4. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    It's in Dallas, right? How much does it cost to get in? I might go, if only to prepare for (possibly) going to CV. :p

5. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandaysIII.html

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Grimby the Hutt and I plan to roadtrip to this con from Denver.

7. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Be sure to stop by the MidSouth table and say hi!

8. MakazieOne

MakazieOne Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2009
    This will be our first Fandays and we are looking forward to it! I will be flying in from Jacksonville, FL. We are very busy now with the new release of the Makazie One fanfilm. If you have not seen it yet you can check it out here....enjoy.

http://makazieone.com/home.html

Producer - Makazie One
    REDEYE -

9. REDEYEE

REDEYEE Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    We are happy to announce that "Makazie One" will be shown at Fandays III in Plano, TX. Please see the following link -

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandaysIII.html

10. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    A few questions:

I'm split over whether or not I want to go to this. I've never been to a Star Wars Convention, and this one is close to my location (within 100 miles), so it makes for a good oppertunity. But the impression I get from what I've been hearing is that this convention is mainly intended for huge Star Wars fans. Like those into all the EU stuff, what's official canon and what's not, etc. So I'd like to know if those of us like me, who are just moderate Star Wars fans (who don't read the novels or comics), would enjoy this kind of thing, or if we'd feel out of place. The stuff in the Saturday schedule in the Main Auditorium all sounds interesting, but I want to have some idea if I'd be plain bored the rest of the time.

One of my main reasons for considering going is because I'd also really like to know whether or not I want to go to CV next year. And to be honest, my biggest motivation for going to that would be for the TFNer meetups people post about that look and sound so awesome. So a nearly hundred mile trip to a mini-Celebration might give me an idea as to whether the other stuff at CV (besides just JCers) would interest me enough to make a thousand mile trip and spend several hundred dollars. It'd probably also help me be more prepared for the bigger celebration.

Also, I'm betting the answer to this one is no, but I just want to make sure. Does almost everyone wear a costume? Is it like, odd not to?

Thanks.

11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I think this con will be great for the casual to the hard core fans. Looking at the programming, I'm sure you can find something that will interest you about the movies, fandom, or anything that catches your fancy and that you want to learn more about. There will be many casual fans there just taking in the con.

I'm not planning to wear a costume and I think at least 70% won't either. There will be costumers there and those who enjoy costuming, but it won't be odd at all to not be in costume as the majority will probably be in SW or other geek/sci-fi related shirts and (they better wear) jeans.

12. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    WOOT!

Well I'm going to bed now so I can get up early enough to make the hour and a half drive before 9:00. I don't have any Star Wars shirts either, but I made a makeshift one myself. So I'll be wearing that.

Hope to see you all (or some of you) there!

13. ShawnRez

ShawnRez Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    Hey,

I just wanted to say how awesome Fan Days 3 was! It was a terrific weekend filled with lots of awesome people and cool stuff to do! Aside from the fact that it was hard to tell where to register or what each line was for, it was a great day! I was glad that it was easy to meet and talk to any of the guests, and it was fun making a lot of 10-minute friends in line!

Many thanks to the organizers who must have put it a lot of time and effort to make this event happen! I definitely can't wait until Fan Days 4! Thank you so much!

I was carrying around a video camera for most of the time and quite a few asked me if I was going to put it online. It's got Ray Park and the Clone Wars voice actors in there too, along with costumes and the crowd. I promised I'd put the link up here when it was ready, so here it is for anyone that wanted to see it:
    Koopa's Keep: Fan Days 3

14. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    Wait a sec, you drove from Houston to the northern Dallas area in just 2 hours? I think you meant 2 hundred miles (even though it's farther than that). I live south-west of Fort Worth and it took me almost 2 hours to get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.