main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Star Wars Fans in Abbotsford!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by clee94, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    If there is any Star Wars Fans Living in Abbotsford or very close to Abbotsford give me a shout, I would like to start a club.

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I unlocked the thread simply because others couldn't reply if they were in your area.

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I was wondering about that...

4. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Dear clee94,
    There's a little message waiting for you UP in the Private Messages section of your JC Toolbar. ;)

Yours truly,
    Dan

5. Qui-sil_Shakrah

Qui-sil_Shakrah Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    I live in Abbotsford!

6. Elly_Nuruodo

Elly_Nuruodo Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    *raises hand* I'm an abbotsfordian

7. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    Qui-Sil and Elly, are you both avid starwars collectors?

8. Elly_Nuruodo

Elly_Nuruodo Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    I'm not avid, but I have a small collection of select things...nothing much, though I do have a oversized New Hope comic book from the seventies or so.

9. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hi, Elly_Nuruodo! Welcome to the JC! :D I?m so glad that you could join us and I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Hey, you should come down and visit us on our FanForce Vancouver Board sometime. ;)

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Waving.gif]

10. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Three fans in Abbotsford...yup, that's enough for you guys to have three meetings and start your own chapter! Maybe you could even expand your search area to include Mission, and Chilliwack, and be a Fraser Valley FanForce?

*nudges Obi-Dan* Looks like there's a possibility we might get some new neighbours, Dan! ;)

11. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Perfect idea.

I love the suggestion of another Canadian Chapter.

If you need any questions answered please feel free to contact CrazyMike or myself.

Unrelated...
    *wonders why Dan refers to the FF Forums as the "JC"?

12. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    "Three fans in Abbotsford...yup, that's enough for you guys to have three meetings and start your own chapter! Maybe you could even expand your search area to include Mission, and Chilliwack, and be a Fraser Valley FanForce?"

you know thats a pretty good idea

13. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Anytime, Clee. ;)

- Rani

14. Qui-sil_Shakrah

Qui-sil_Shakrah Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    Hey, sorry I haven't been on in so long, but what's happening with this club?

15. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    Qui-sil_Shakrah I sent you a little PM

16. Jedi_Master_Furey

Jedi_Master_Furey Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2003
    im a jedi from abby , hello fellow followers
    i know lots of people that would love to join and some in mission also, me and qui,sil shakra do jedi training everyweekend , a club sounds cool...

17. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    Hello Jedi_Master_Furey its nice to see someone else from the Abbotsford area.... I will send you a private message later, perhaps we could meet up sometime this week to discuss a club or even a Fan Force chapter

Chris

18. OMGLOWBACCA

OMGLOWBACCA Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Well, I'd be very interested if you Abby folk opened a Fan Force. It's a heckuva lot closer to where I live than Vancouver is :)

19. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    hey, if you would like to help get one started out this way we can get one started and maybe get some movement going out here

20. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    I think what you guys out in the Fraser Valley need to do is request your own forum. You could even do it right here, in this very thread. Petition Crazy Mike or YJN to set up a Fraser Valley message forum for you, and once at least three of you have posted and asked for such a forum, it will be more likely to happen. If one is set up for you, then you can start PMing a link to that forum to people you discover live in your area and invite them to participate as well. You will probably find it will make organizing your activities a lot easier.

Seeing how long you've been hoping for this to happen, clee, I think you're going to have to take the bull by the horns and be really proactive. PM all the people you know live in the Fraser Valley area that have previously expressed interest in a FanForce chapter and that have logged in in the last 2 weeks, and encourage them to come here and post their support for a forum of their own.

Once you've gathered everyone in the same forum, find out the general area in which they each live, pick a central public location, pick a time and date, and give everyone 2 weeks advance notice, then send them a reminder about 3-4 days before the meeting. Then hope that at least 3 people attend! If they do, bingo, you have your first meeting! ;)

As for the rest of you living in the Fraser Valley, there's plenty you can do to help the formation of a chapter there. A FanForce chapter won't start by itself, it needs participation, enthusiasm, and cooperation. It's particularly hard to get these things going in the lull between the film releases, so you may have to all work extra hard to get and keep the momentum going. Show your support for the idea of a Fraser valley FanForce, join in with asking for your own forum, suggest ideas and actively post to that forum once it starts up, and do everything you can attend the activities you plan together.

Keep trying, and it will happen. May the Force be with you! :)

- Rani

21. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I'd love to create some new forums.

If there 3 still actively posting, and there is interest in trying to get a new chapter off the ground just let me know, I'll create a new Fraser Valley Forum (if that is the name agreed upon).

22. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    in Chilliwack actually, but close enough. I'm in for a Fraser Valley FF.

23. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    yes sounds good

i'm sending PMs to people as i speak

24. Child_of_the_Force

Child_of_the_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    What is a "Chapter" in the context you use it?

I'm from Chilliwack btw.

25. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    its.... well.... i suck at explaining these things. YJN, Rani a little help here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.