main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMojoRisin, Mar 10, 2017.

1. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I really hope they fix GA match making soon.

Making it character only when appropriate really doesn't make that much difference. In addition to GP there should be factors for # of zetas and # of g12s at a minimum. Whether or not you have legendary/raid/other hard to get characters might be another factor as well

I think in all the GA's so far I've been the underdog in probably 80% or more of the matches. Luckily I haven't gone 0-3 yet, but I've also never gone 3-0 either. I'm about 50/50 between 1-2 and 2-1. Probably gonna go 1-2 in the current GA.

Darth_Furio and Grievousdude like this.
  2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Join the club my friend. It usually comes down to mods. Period.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I have 6* Chewie now. Trying to get 7*. What is everyone’s speed for Boba Fett, Cad Bane, Bossk, Dengar, and Zam Wessel?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Speed for..? I don't understand the question, sorry.

I've consistently neglected bounty hunters (not one over lvl66, most I just got to lvl50 and left), but I managed to beat tier 3 of One Famous Wookiee by chance today!

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The speed statistic for mods

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well I unlocked Chewbacca anyways, still not close to getting the tier 6 battle though, harder than I thought even with everyone saying how hard it was.

I don't have great speed on any of my bounty hunters which is part of the problem I guess....or tenacity which might be helpful here too.

Grievousdude and Darth_Furio like this.
  7. Noobtrition

Noobtrition Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2019
    Heyy, new to the forums but play SWGOH. Just unlocked 7* chewie this morning! :)

8. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Nice work @Noobtrition

@Force Smuggler I tried to have Bossk as my fastest toon so he taunts and buffs the team. Next fastest would be Fett or Dengar for their AOE. Everyone needs to be well above 200 speed. Crit Dam/Crit Chance on Fett and Dengar, Speed and Potency on Cad for his special's stun.

9. Noobtrition

Apr 3, 2019
    Thank you @Darth_Furio

I did mine on Auto with no Dengar. zBossk, Embo, Cad & Boba at G12 and Greedo G11. Stage 7 they attack first and Greedo instantly died, didn’t even get a turn with him. R2 stealthed everyone but then Embo took over and almost 1 shot R2 and the rest was history. But yeah I was able to beat the final stage on auto with the team mentioned above.

Currently working on getting Greedo to G12 and gearing up Ewoks for next C3PO and farming Juhani and Carth for next DR.

Lol, Furio what you working on? Not much left for you. Haha you basically beat the game already

@Force Smuggler if I could figure out how to post an image in here on my phone, I would show you my BH mod loadouts

Darth_Furio likes this.
  10. icqfreak

Mar 7, 1999
    Got Chewie 5 star last time. Got him 6 star today after about 5 or 6 attempts.

I've done probably at least 100 attempts so far to get 7 star chewie to no avail. I think in all those attempts I've only killed lando once and that's it.

I'm using:
    Boba (L) - Gear 11+2, all omegas and zeta, 199 speed
    Zam - Gear 11+1, all omegas and zeta, 227 speed
    Greedo - Gear 11+5, all omegas, 214 speed
    Bane - Gear 11+2, all omegas, 210 speed
    IG88 - Gear 11+1, all omegas, 149 speed

They have a total potency of about 420%, which means extra 210% health for everyone.

I know it's a fool's errand not having bossk and/or dengar. And not having any g12's isn't helping either. But still thought I'd have a shot.

I do have a week yet so I'm gonna try to get a few more gear pieces, and slice a few mods as well hoping for more potency.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  11. Noobtrition

Apr 3, 2019
    @icqfreak Do you have Dengar? Even at gear 8, I’d swap him for IG88 at that speed. It would still be rough without a Bossk lead and G11s, but Dengar is who you will need. He has an anti stealth ability and you just need him to live through whatever first turn aoe so he stealths then r2 can’t stealth everyone else so you can target Chewie. Prot and health mods just so he survives.

12. icqfreak

Mar 7, 1999
    He's only 5 star, it's unfortunate you can only farm him in the guild store, I use that almost exclusively for gear I need. I'm more likely to get everyone to gear 12 before getting him to 7 star most likely.

I'm trying to boost my squad as much as possible in the next week. I've added a couple gear pieces already and sliced a mod. I think I can get greedo's last gear piece to get him to gear 12, maybe get another piece or two for the others if I get lucky on raid rewards in the next few days. Try to slice a few more mods hoping for more potency and/or speed.

I've killed Lando a few times now, but that's still the farthest I've gotten.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  13. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Got a good guide for getting good speed mods here.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. icqfreak

Mar 7, 1999
    Chewie update:
    Barring a miracle in the next hour or so before I go to bed, not gonna get him to 7 star.

In the past week of the event I added 7 more gear pieces to my bounty hunters, some of which got greedo up to G12 now. I also sliced a bunch of mods trying to get more potency or speed. I ended with a total potency of about 435%.

While I did have more "success" as the week went on, still never came super close to winning it. I went from killing lando once in the first day to killing one toon every few attempts now, and killing two toons three or four times. But never killed 3+ toons.

Just disgusting that a 95k!! squad can't beat the event, when lesser squads can do it just because they have bossk and/or dengar on it.

Also I think this past week might have been the most depressing week I've had playing this game, and not just because of the chewie event. I went 1-2 in GA for the third time in a row, my only win because my opponent did auto defense and didn't attack. My guild has also lost 3 TW's in a row, all of them because not a single person in my guild can take out the 1-2 revan squads that are in the front lines each time. The TW that ended today was one of our worst, if not worst ever defeats. We were totally wiped, and didn't clear any territories ourselves.

Now there's a darth malak announcement. Yet another toon I have no desire to get along with the dual revans. Won't be long before i'm out of top 200 in arena and start going 0-3 in every GA.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  15. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I broke 1,000,000GP last night!

No chance in hell of getting either Commander Luke or the probe droid this time round, but hey ho.

Darth_Furio and PimpBacca like this.
  17. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Well done V-2

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Looks like this rework has really improved Anakin and Ahsoka! Guess I'll take the time to 7 star Anakin now and gear up him and Ahsoka.

PimpBacca likes this.
  19. icqfreak

Mar 7, 1999
    I had Ahsoka g12+3 already, and i'm not noticing much (if any) of a difference (granted I don't have her new zeta, don't have Anakin, and not using her in a squad with general Kenobi). Her basic actually seems to hit a bit weaker I think. Protection up is nice I guess. Once I farm Anakin and give her the new zeta then maybe i'll see more of a difference.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I do indeed. Played for a while on iOS, but now on Android and I just restarted everything - hit level 19 tonight, so I'm still very weak. :p

AC is 977-478-625, username is Heels1785.

V-2, Darth_Furio and cubman987 like this.
  21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Just sent you an ally request. Also, funny this post was quoted because I just got General Kenobi to gear 12 this week.

Darth_Furio and heels1785 like this.
  22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Whoa. Your collection is loaded.

Something to aspire to!

Darth_Furio and cubman987 like this.
  23. icqfreak

Mar 7, 1999
    Got JTR today pretty easily. No re-tries and only lose one toon the whole event I think. I'm just glad I got my farm done in time, I literally started right after the last JTR event ended. Had to get both vets and Rey to 7 star from 4 stars, but did it.

Now I need to get resistance trooper from 5 star to 7 star to be more effective on her team. Also going to star farming Anakin from cantina nodes. Have him about halfway to being unlocked.

Darth_Furio and PimpBacca like this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Jedi Knight Revan event will be back in like 6 days.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just wanted to say thank you to @cubman987 @Force Smuggler @PimpBacca and @Darth_Furio - getting to borrow your tricked out Papa Palpatines is really helping me push through these early stages. I tried to be honorable about it at first, and use the less powerful recommended allies, but it's much more fun to blast everyone away in one shot.

[​IMG]

Owe you guys a beer or a poutine.