main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Theme Park - Disney Expansion in Anaheim & Orlando!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Aug 15, 2015.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I still don’t take that as making various people constructing new sabers as canon (particularly red sabers).

Then again it makes sense to take liberties for an attraction. Just like how it isn’t canon that the land has consistent copies of film character lightsabers to sell to others.

Or how Ollivanders wand shop canon wise doesn’t really have copies of film characters wands to give out.

Though we do have some in universe saber/batuu connection. It was revealed in a teaser of a comic series that ki adi mundis saber is over their. So batuu could lead to another saber user, but because the event of galaxy edge are pre TROS and Rey is still the only Jedi in that film, it makes no sense for new Jedi to come from that planet at this moment.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Except literally everything you said can be explained in canon. And I've been a hardcore canon nitpicker for over 20 years since the 1990s before the prequels.

We don't know much about Batuu. For all we know they do have a mine of Kyber crystals kept hidden till now. We do know they are a black market planet. Remember Rey has just been hyping up being a Jedi after 8. Even Broomboy is in on the fun. Why wouldn't the black market capitalize on this? There''s no Jedi Order to regulate things now.

They stole a bunch of Kyber crystals and let wannabe Jedi (you) make them. They 3d printed copies of heroes' lightsabers to sell.

There might not even be real Kyber crystals there canonically. We all know the sabers we make there aren't going to work in real life.
    I forgot how violent Westworld was. :(

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If one was to build a lightsaber, or would want to buy an old one, like Ki-Adi-Mundi's, then one would do that in Batuu. You building a lightsaber or not doesn't have any affect is the canon story, just like you getting a wand at Ollivanders doesn't change the course of the HP movies like you said.

4. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Canon already broke guys. Someone who looks a lot like Han Solo was seen at Batuu on Wednesday. There are photos all over the holonet.

Clone? Holographic duplicate? Force ghost? There was a medical droid at the bottom of that shaft in Starkiller and he survived?

[face_thinking]

On a serious note, Harrison gave a touching tribute to Peter Mayhew at the Galaxy's Edge opening. :han::chewie:

5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    It's a shame they mistimed it and he had to shout over the noise.

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Vi Moradi People

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2019
  7. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Any new on Rise of the Resistance's opening

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I believe it won't open till August at least in terms of California

JediKnight75 likes this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

They call Kylo the Supreme Leader

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

well you can't kill or flirt the cast... :p so not quite like Westworld. But heck I'd love now to have upcoming Wesworld seasons reference Galaxy's Edge as existing in their fictional future now owned by Delos after Disney sold it to them with upgrades to fit all Delos parks.

I can already see the publicity drama when a cast member screws up and gets busted for wrong behavior. They are only human after all and can fall in love with visitors.

Story/Lorewise I wonder how many castmembers are there? I am sure they rotate due to holidays and this is no 24hour job. So not same cast every day either. Then we got different cast in different parks like Florida, California and internationally down the line. They'd need quite some Vi Moradis alone to cover all bases. The rest is insane numberwise and to think they all got canon stories to squeeze out of them?

Other cast related questions I have:

How do they keep track and get informed of visitory and their progress? Do they have datapad-phones and a cast-app version too? Or earplug only and supervisors liveguiding them?

Will there be season related changes to Galaxy's edge like setting up a Snowspeeder for winter season? Different costumes and gear? Loot?

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well I know when I'm going i'm asking all the FO officers if they are secretly trying to bring Emperor Palpatine back from the dead.

BigAl6ft6 and ColeFardreamer like this.
  13. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    We all know someone's going to say "Execute Order 66" just to see what happens.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  14. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Thanks for the link. I love the control panels and displays. I have an incredible urge to press the buttons and lights.

I transliterated this sign, which I imagine is outside of Oga's Cantina:
    CANTINA
    CODE OF
    CONDUCT

- No Kowakian monkey-lizards.

- No staring.

- No fighting, biting or
    ripping off of limbs.

- Take nothing, leave
    nothing.

- Clean up after your
    animal, creature or droid.

- Wookiees - two drink
    maximum. No exceptions.

- Oga Garra's approval
    needed for all deals over
    [crossed out] '''1''' credits.

And this drinking fountain:
    WARNING

This water is not safe to
    consume for most lifeforms.
    Please drink with caution!

You can see the labels at the bottom of this picture mash up the writing systems and use faux-Aurebesh. For example, 'DROID' is spelled using a Latin R, an Aurebesh O, and the Aurebesh G in place of the Latin D. Mouse groig!

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Can't wait to visit. I had to cancel a trip for next week due to a conflict (boo) but hoping to reschedule for a couple months.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I mean, they did say they were going for total immersion...

"Well, Phil, do you want to work here or not?"

TiniTinyTony and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

18. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    You're probably right. I hope so since that's when I'm going. I want to get the full experience. Everything I've heard so far sounds amazing. I can't wait to see it myself

19. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    they should've made this place a mid rim tourist trap with all the attractions & souvenirs geared toward in-universe tourists... would've allowed it to be actually somewhat ~immersive~ and been entertainingly meta.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I mean it's partially there -- the souvenirs ARE geared for in-universe tourists. That's why you have the ridiculous hand-made Ackbar dolls and things of that nature. It's just complicated by the fact that they have to stick Jedi and Sith everything everywhere or people won't know it's Star Wars.

Also, someone pointed out that having Vader dolls in-universe is a little like someone selling Hitler dolls or something IRL. It doesn't work out quite right.

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

You'd be amazed what real world is selling dolls off... don't go looking, the internet is a dark place. There are even people who 3D print and paint entire fleets of totalitarian regime military vessels to keep the nostalgia going ;)

They could have added a little hidden corner of "Waru's Otherworldly Loot from a galaxy a long time in the future, far far away!" where they can sell all of our universes SW books and stuff. Or have a fortune teller sell such stuff under the table to have folks read up on the gffas future and past. With the right inuniverse dressup, anything goes!
    Or set up a golden blob gate people have to pass through to enter the real world :p

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, if the selling of books is what you're concerned about, Tatooine Traders at Star Tours handles the "real world" merch like books and t-shirts. At least at the WDW location. I forget what ST does in DL since I know stuff there is usually a smaller scale.

BTW, have they said if the DL & WDW GE locations will be identical (minus the hotel)? Or is the DL version the same overall layout but just compressed?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  23. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

I know, been to LA Disney in the past as well as Eurodisney. Still a pity Star Tours is not connected to Baatu.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So what's this about the 4 hour time limit I've heard about?

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Does it involve stormtroopers dragging families out?