main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Adella7, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  2. theforce81

theforce81 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    I would appreciate some updates of the sold out crystals especially. I am going there the 6th of August and am from the Netherlands, would suck if I cannot buy anything. Thanks if you do update here in advance!
    Really am getting annoyed with scalpers, 1st world issues, but still.

3. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Last thing I heard, they were pulled off the shelves of Dok Ondar's, but additional blue and red ones could be purchased at Savi's. Not sure if things have changed since then.

4. theforce81

theforce81 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    Thanks for the info, still disappointing, would have loved to take at least the violet crystal as well. Hopefully they will sort their stock before I am there, but not holding my breath.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm intrigued with Galaxy's Edge but disappointed with it in comparison to this.

6. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    That's what I want to see in Westworld season 3.

Tusken Slayer likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I also think they should have completely torn down Disneyland/world and replaced it with Lucasworld. Why can't they ever do anything right? :(

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Looking at that map of LucasWorld, I agree with you.

Jesta' likes this.
  9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Rise of the Resistance won't open until 12/5 at Disney World, and then 1/17 at Disneyland.

Adella7 and The Original Sith like this.
  10. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Opening the marquee ride weeks before the busiest time at WDW:
    [​IMG]

Adella7, 2Cleva and EHT like this.
  11. The Original Sith

The Original Sith Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2017
    I will be at Disney World December 16-23. So glad that Rise of the Resistance will be open by then. Can’t wait.

12. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I was listening to a podcast today of some people that live in LA. One of the people said their nephews were visiting and she wanted to take them to Disney. Another one of the people excitedly asked if they were going to go to Galaxy's Edge. She immediately expressed some hesitancy because of how packed it would be. It's quite the bit of irony. The general public is so afraid of the crowds that there are few crowds.

13. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Seems that's probably the phenomenon at play, yeah.

14. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
  15. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ^I need to have Luke's Lunchbox for ONLY 25 $
    The Jedi Lamp reminds me on something totally different and the Jedi food pens look more like some device to hide substances that made the Jedi feel .... force sensitive.
    Btw. do they have Death Sticks as well?

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm going to buy the 25,000 dollar R2 and if he doesn't actually fix the hyperdrive on my spaceship I'm suing Disney!

EHT likes this.
  18. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Glitterstimm and guittarjedi like this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    But how will you afford your divorce lawyer?:)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't need a lawyer. My wife can have everything else as long as I get to keep the R2 unit! :p

Pro Scoundrel and Demon4x4 like this.
  21. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Very good point made in another thread that actually pertains to the issues with Galaxy Edge.

A Star Wars "world" that fans have no attachment to or ever heard of? That really was their best idea? I get them wanting to create a new land that Disney owns more than what Lucas created and plans were made years in advance but why not have it be Jakku or Takodana near Maz's Castle.

22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    So, this is a very cynical reading of the situation, but I think they wanted GE to available for a total makeover if they decide the ST theme isn't cutting it. The whole thing could be easily redone to fit into the OT timeline.

I haven't visited it yet myself, but it seems that the main attraction of the area is actually the characters putting on shows and interacting with fans more than Smuggler's Run or Rise of the Resistance, and the latter ride seems to be very focused on "cast members" as well. That's why they dedicated so much space to wide pavilions, in addition to crowd management concerns. They will be testing out the ST characters as well as the original ones to see how guests embrace them, and will almost certainly be developing programs to include other ones like Luke, Vader, Leia, Obi-wan, Yoda, etc.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  23. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    It would have made more sense (imo) to go with the OT first and eventually remake it to the PT if it hit. But its not even PT - its a new spot that's never been seen.

I plan on going to Disney World again next summer and will check it out. Was just there last year. But Universal did it right with Harry Potter. Seeing Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, and riding the Hogwarts Express it felt like the books/movies came to life. Things that were very familiar but in new context and adventures. Holds true for the rides as well as the park/stores/etc...

I'm failing to see how this will connect with people and the crowds falling off at DisneyLand has me concerned I'm about to blow my money.

Its a strange disconnect between LFL vs Disney as a whole imo.

24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm not sure you could remake it into a PT land because the rides can't really support that, and those are things that can't change much at all. My guess is that when they began development they decided it would be part of the push to re-brand SW in general as having a "new" generation. But, being Disney, they'd want to leave themselves open to including the most popular characters from the IP, and I believe Vader remains the most recognizable of all. They absolutely designed GE to be open for evolution, they've said that. The question is to what extent they hope it will continue the ST material or whether they are keeping the OT theme in the back pocket.

25. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    My apologies - I meant they could have recreated it to a ST land if it hit. They gambled big on whatever they do working - even though it was all brand new.

They didn't make it open-ended though. The ST is set strictly in the ST - with the Resistance vs the Force Order. It won't have any Vader there.

Glitterstimm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.