main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Adella7, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d rather they invest more heavily in TV and film than the parks.

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    It's all a machine. The parks generate a lot of revenue part of which helps to finance the movies (and providing a financial safety net for the ones that don't quite pan out in theatrical release), which help to create a draw for the franchise specific areas of the parks, wash, rinse, repeat.

Whatever one may think of how Disney has managed the franchise, skimping on the movie budgets isn't something that could be reasonably asserted.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Jesus some of you people are cynical.

Sure, the theme park factor's going to rake in some cash. That was also the case pre-Disney with Lucasfilm getting a cut of the Star Tours stuff, but the point of the thing isn't pure money alone. You act like there's no creative value to this stuff whatsoever, pushing the boundaries of interactive rides/experiences absolutely has merit here.

4. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Don't mistake that for cynicism. It's just an unvarnished observation. I'm glad that machine exists and is humming right along because within the turning of it's gears there absolutely are people who are highly concerned with the creative value in what it produces. It provides opportunities and resources that might not otherwise be there for some of them.

Def Trooper and Avilos like this.
  5. Avilos

Avilos Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 9, 2002
    In complete agreement, I did not think your comment as cynical at all. The theme parks will be hugely profitable and can be equally creative as well.

This is following a business model similar to George Lucas’s own. He financed his own productions from the revenue he earned from merchandising the franchise.

I am not worried any of this slowing films and tv. The advantage of a huge company like Disney is there are many different divisions working on projects at the same time.

The only slow down was because they released Solo too soon after The Last Jedi. But there are a ton of projects in development. Likely many we have no idea about. It’s important to control how fast this type of news is released. Most of what we learned unofficially leaked early. But it became an overload of info before this trilogy was even completed. After Rise of Skywalker is released we will start hearing more about future projects. Otherwise they run the risk of the future plans distracting from releases this year.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  6. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  7. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    That's awesomeness personified. ^^^

teamhansolo likes this.
  8. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I saw video of Hondo audio animatronic figure. Just incredible

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll probably never visit, but it looks cool!

10. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Pretty much all reports have said that the blue/green milk isn't really that good.

11. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    What are the Planets you visit at smugglers run?

12. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    I live in Florida and have watched my state be pretty much turned into a parking lot running out of water due in part to theme parks, so...

13. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Maybe that's a good thing. :)

14. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    Yeah, maybe you don't live here. ;)

15. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    From what I understand they aren't exactly milk but rather some sort of slushie.

I wonder if they'll have Jawa Juice at some point?

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Should be able to go Fall 2020.

17. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016

The Food of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  18. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I have a few questions:
    1. Do you have to actually make reservations for that park?
    2. Are there any restaurants that require reservations?
    3. What is the price range of food and souvenirs?

19. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yes.

Apparently you make a reservation for a 4 hour block of time. The first hour of an arriving block is shared with the last hour of the previous one. So the middle two hours of your block is the sweet spot with shorter lines and wait times.

It's a long video and I haven't watched nearly all of it, but that's the explanation these kids gave. They might address your other questions in it somewhere.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  20. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    1. You have to make a reservation for Galaxy's Edge only for the first month it's opened so far (they could extend this). If you're staying at a Disney hotel, you get a guaranteed one. I think all of the non-Disney hotel reservations were gone within the first hour they were available.
    2. I don't think so but you only get a 45 minute window in Oga's Cantina. I think the fast-casual restaurant doesn't take reservations.
    3. The price range is expensive to very expensive.

2Cleva likes this.
  21. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Thanks!

22. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    No reservations for any of the restaurants, but the Cantina always has a line and they cut it off at 45 minutes. They'll re-open it during the time period but you have to get in the line fast.

The food in the sit down place was a little more pricey than say Pizza Planet, with like $15-17 for an adult meal.

23. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    yeah unfortunately they cut the size of the cantina it was supposed to have a much larger sit down area but they cut it due to budget

24. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    That's a live action Hondo onscreen in Smuggler's Run, yeah? Is it Jim Cummings in prosthetics, since he's definitely the voice?

25. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    It's audio-animatronics, the most advanced one Disney Imagineering has created. Jim Cummings recorded all the audio tracks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.