main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Star Wars - Game nights

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoijaRisa, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I know there's been some interest from people in the area of trying to get a bit of a fan force back together. Lately, I've been getting back into some of the old Star Wars games I used to play and was thinking of hosting some game nights. There's several opportunities along these lines that I could suggest.

1. The Collectible Card Game - I don't know how many people would be interested in this, but from ~1995 till 2001, a company called Decipher produced a collectible card game based on the Star Wars franchise. Well, they really produced three, but only one was really successful. Sadly, the company lost the license to Wizards of the Coast in 2001 and the game disappeared. The new game WotC produced flopped pretty hard and now, the gaming world is pretty much left without a Star Wars card game.

But I still have all of my cards. Thousands of 'em. I can put some simple decks together and teach everyone how to play. It's got the steepest learning curve of any game I've ever played, but that's part of why I like it; It's very cognitive and requires actual thinking instead of just rolling dice. It's a large challenge, but I've introduced it to two people recently and they picked it up fairly quickly and greatly enjoyed it.

2. The Minis Game - Although WotC's card game died, they did produce a fairly successful miniatures game that I know some people in the fan force used to play. I didn't pick it up till last year, but built up a pretty large collection. If anyone would be interested in this game, I can teach it as well.

3. Computer games - I have Jedi Outcast sitting around here somewhere. I recently reinstalled it to play through it and it doesn't look like it required a CD key, which means we can install it on as many computers as we'd like, and have a LAN party (wireless cards would be necessary).

4. Trivial Pursuit - I know I've got a copy of Star Wars: Trivial Pursuit around somewhere. Let's see just how much our memories have failed us in the past 5 years since there's been a movie.

If anyone would be interested in getting together a game night to play one or more of these, let me know and let's start seeing when we can get people together!

2. 327Nubian

327Nubian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    Getting a new group started back up would be so great. I sent a message to a couple people I know who are very involved with the Springfield group for some advice too, and one of them mentioned he could contact some StL 501st members who may be able to help out too.

If you could figure out the duel mode on your Force Unleashed, that'd be a really good option too. If the LAN idea for Jedi Outcast becomes too convoluted, don't worry about it. I do, however, like the idea of the Trivial Pursuit. If anything else, it'd be really easy to set up for groups of various sizes.

3. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    3 or 4 sound good to me. I've got a copy of Jedi Outcast as well (and Battlefront, although I don't remember if that needs a CD key or not).

4. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Battlefront does indeed require a unique CD Key.

5. Saccorian_princess

Saccorian_princess Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2006
    Hello everyone!

What happened?? This was once a very place! --I'm sorry it's been a [LONG] while since I've logged in & posted a reply. (Some issues to contend with.)

Please let's get this back up & going!! If we can, I may be able to pull in a couple of people with me.... my "spaz" of a brother. Plus one of neighbors! Both really like Star Wars and I can SO see my neighbor really enjoying the activities! ---Upon hearing her say how much she likes Star Wars, I immediately told her about the St Louis Fan Force (and activities of the past planned by the St Louis Fan Force). Now she's ready to join too!

Besides, it's like I said in my message on the Lurkers board:

*sigh* Now that I have my Star Wars cookbook, I no longer have a circle of people "refined" enough to know "Wookie Cookies", "Skywalker Smoothies", "Darth Malts", "Yoda Sodas" and "Pickled Jar Jars" ARE perfect party menu options!

So PLEASE lets get this going !! --At our first official get together function it would be my treat...NO HONOR to provide Wookie Cookies and Yoda Soda refreshments for all!

6. Saccorian_princess

Jul 30, 2006
    Me again!

...In the beginning of my previous post I meant to say this was once a very BUSY place!

later!!

7. 327Nubian

Jul 18, 2009
    I think the hard part is gonna be finding a when/where for all this. ASAP sounds good to me, regardless ^_^

But in all seriousness, how do folks' schedules look for getting together and officially getting this fantabulous group going again?

8. Saccorian_princess

Jul 30, 2006
    TOO bad we're discussing dates so close to this mark...

This Friday would have been PERFECT given it's the day Cartoon Network launches the [HOUR]long premier of Clone Wars Season 3!!! *SIGH*

But pretty much a Friday evening or Saturday will work best for myself (and other two possible joiners). --We basically have first shift, M-F, jobs. Just give us a good week's notice & we're good! :)

But I have another question related to the meeting up..."where" ? Both myself & my neighbor would be coming from Florissant.

9. 327Nubian

Jul 18, 2009
    For the most part, Friday nights and Saturdays are my best days too. At least for right now. My work schedule can be kinda wonky at times.

Obviously, a centralized location would be best, especially for our friends in the counties or across the river, etc. Someone's house? A multipurpose public location?

10. Saccorian_princess

Jul 30, 2006
    Hey! ^_^

"Centralized", yes! and "multipurpose public" again yes! (at least for our initial gathering anyway!) but, again "where"?

...i think first we need to get some sort of ideal as to the number of people we "expect" to come. then, get some sort of ideal (specific, general or vague) as to the location/direction they're coming from. lastly, use those two pieces of info to proceed with finding a nuetral location then zooming in and finding a suitable multipurpose public area within that location. ...yes/no/suggestions/comments???

11. 327Nubian

Jul 18, 2009
    Come on, guys, don't let this falter already! I'd make suggestions if I knew where people live. If it helps, I'll start off saying I live near South County.

12. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    In terms of video games, TFUII comes out at the end of the month, so there's that option for any event. The Old Republic MMORPG (because no one wanted KOTOR III apparently, ugh) is still a ways away though. Ah, if only Battlefront 3 would bother being made...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.