main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Star Wars Holiday Special- who wants a copy?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DaleSabers, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Hey guys I'm currently in the possession of the Star Wars Holiday special from 1978 (yes that one that introduces Boba Fett). If anyone wants a copy of it on cd send me a notice and I'll burn a copy of it for you. There will be a slight fee but thats just to cover the cd costs which is only 2 bucks a cd.

2. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    Yeah, I'll take one of them. What program does it play with?

3. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    It runs with any kind of player. This includes Quick Time, Windows Media, Real Player etc. It's extension is .mpeg

4. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Yeah, make me a copy.

I'm in the process of moving my rec. room from one side of my basement to the other. It alows me to switch my 20" tv for my 32" so maybe we could have a video night and start with down loaded shorts or even other movies.

Anyone game for that?

5. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i already have a copy, but thanks for asking! to those who havent seen it, be warned. it is not for the faint of heart or the weak of faith in the force. what was Lucas thinking!?!?!

6. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Was humility not part of the jedi training?

Most of Georges early work was not accepted. Just look at THX, aside from Star Wars the only movie the geneal population liked was American Graffiti.

7. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    THX 1138 is... interesting. It's an art movie. I taped it off the Movie Network about 6 years ago. Anyone see Weird Al's new video, White and Nerdy? Great shot of him getting a copy of the Christmas Special.

Oh, I still haven't seen it, but I did manage to sit through the Ewok adventure more than once as an adult, so put me down for a copy as well.

8. Fraserburn

Fraserburn Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    Hey now theres nothin wrong with The Ewok Adventure.....I always loved the Ewok Cartoon as a kid, I have 2 seasons burned on DVD

9. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    The problem with Ewoks is in the movie they spoke thier own language to speking a little english in thier movies. Then ti was thier native language in the cartoon. When G.Lucas created them it was to show that the simplest of creatures could take down the mightest.

10. Fraserburn

Fraserburn Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    They spoke Ewokese(according to wikipedia) in caravan of courage then english in The Battle for Endor, which i thought was a bit of a stretch, but you'd expect to pick up a few words here and there.

for the Cartoon since it was entirely about Ewoks with no humans around I'd have to guess they spoke their native language but we heard english for obvious reasons?

11. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    By the time the cartoon came out corperate television did not think it would sell. So they made it for three year olds. It was not what Lucas film wanted but back then they did not called the shots. All so with out a human character there was no one to interpret what they said.

12. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Having owned three different copies in my life, I guess I found THX as more then simply interesting. Its certainly not for everyone. But then again I was one of the few who was fascinated by the Dystopian works we were forced to read back in highschool. This film was obviously heavily influenced by them.

Personally I thought very few of Lucas's works were really public friendly. Star Wars and American Graffiti just got swept up in the popular culture. They defied all convention and broke all the rules of what worked for the time. Perhaps thats just what was needed, and it sure seemed that way but it was hardly typical. And I don't know how much involvement Lucas had with the Holiday Special, but I doubt it was much. I think it was simply and ill-fated project that tried to leech off of the public's interest in the movie. Personally I found it quaint, but then again I have a strange fascination with the culture and style of the late 70s/early 80s.

13. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Anyone want to debate or discuss the similarities of THX & SW?

14. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Nobody want to debate THX 1138. If it were not for this movie SW would have been a Francis Ford Coppola production, with Robert Duvall probably playing the role of Solo.

If you have not seen it maybe we should. My copy even has 'Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB, Lucas's original student film'.

15. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'll have to see if I can find the DVD sometime. I just have the one I taped off the Movie Network. 5 years ago. I like it, but I have a hard time getting people to sit through the whole movie.

16. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    The movie is only 1 1/2 hrs.

If you buy it get the director's cut. I think Wallmart has it for around $18. You get 2 new documentaries 'A legacy of fimmakers & The early years of American Zoetrope'. Also Electronic labyrinth THX 1138 4EB, Lucas's original student film. And vintage production featurette Bald. Not to mention the original and re-released trailers.

Note: the first documentary also has Lucas's first school film, it's 1 min. long.

If you don't get it I'll have Darth Sniklefritz bring her portable DVD player to the next meeting and we can watch the original, it's 15 min. long.

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    You know it would be good to watch that Holiday Special. Seeing as it is the HOLIDAYS!!!

18. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Hey I'm trying to make a copy. My computer just doesn't like the cds i purchased.

19. lil_goddess_girl

lil_goddess_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    well if I have time ( I'm insanely busy right now) I'll bring a different c.d over for you

20. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    So why did you change cd brands? Or is that nasty windows XP, changed its programing and desided it does not like them?

21. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    I didn't, unless the people at H2H games changed them. Thats where i buy my cds from and they've all worked for me except for those three.

22. Darth-Influenza

Darth-Influenza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    Any luck on those cd's?

23. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Yes, I was wondering too...

I feel like that character in the Weird Al music video... White and Nerdy

24. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    no luck until i download the movie again. It accidently got removed from my computer.

25. Darth-Influenza

Darth-Influenza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    lol. So you were writing just the short cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.