main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Hope Company

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jedi Gunny, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman90

Hitman90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2005
    IC: Brak Wrider

after offering his drink to Jareth[/b, Brak stood there holding the canteen of the ale. Brak then realized that Jareth semmed to not even have wanted the drink, let alone speak one word to him.

"Alright i see how it is."

Brak then walks away, sputing obsenities under his breath towards, what he thought was a rude Zabrak. he furiously walks away continuing his whispered rant.

"That's what i get when i talk to aliens? stupid Zabrak thinks he's better them me. i'm gonna go find a damn human to talk to. at least then i'll get a response."

He looks up and sees Rajah Landor sitting near the window, enjoying the warmth of the Tevius sun. He cooley walks up to Rajah, keeping his gaurd up, he then sits down next him. Brak at this point has doubts, he already does no like the look of rajah. To him he has a sort of highbrow, self-importance, look about him. the type of look that disgustes him, the type of look that makes him sick to his stomach. Hesitant about talking to Rajah, Brak finally decides to speak.

" so, what'd you think of our general's little speech, huh? I personally think he's gonna send us out on some suicide mission. Y'know what i mean? i don't know, i just hope our Superiors do."

TAG: LordPullus

2. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: I apologize for not replying Hitman. I was sick this week.

IC: Jareth Orin

Jareth popped out of his daze, and realized that he had acted rude to Brak Wrider. His mind was elsewhere when the man spoke to him so he didn't even realize that he was there. Jareth's eyes darted all over the field looking for Brak. He saw him over by the window talking to Rajah Landor. Jereth did his best to remember everyone's name, and what face it belonged to. He took pride in his ability to remember things like that. It was just part of who he was.

Jareth ran after Brak, hoping to apologize for his rudeness, and maybe get back on a better foot. "Brak Wrider, I apologize for seeming rude. I was so buried in my thoughts that I didn't even notice you were there. We got off on the wrong foot. If you are willing to put that behind us I'm certainly willing to." Jareth offered his hand to the man in a gesture of friendship.

TAG: Hitman, any.

3. Hitman90

Apr 4, 2005

"Brak Wrider, I apologize for seeming rude. I was so buried in my thoughts that I didn't even notice you were there. We got off on the wrong foot. If you are willing to put that behind us I'm certainly willing to."

Brak looking up, sees the zabrak and his apologetic face. still, he feels angry at jareth's rudeness.

" Oh you are? well thats just fine. yeah whatever."

He then went back to begin to talk to Rajah Landor. at this point he ignores Jareth for a couple of moments, he then looks back at him, he sees that jareth seems to really be sorry, sor he kick a chari to him.

"'er have a seat"

TAG: Mister_master LordPullus

4. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Lt. Colonel Plos Marshall
    -Tevius

"General, I agree with Lieutenant Axellion on this. The speed that they need to be trained in will be crucial and wicked, but it will hasten the pace of eliminating the weak from the strong. I have no doubt that they will be ready when the time comes, but we will need to get through this training quickly, while covering all the steps of a normal training period."

Plos eyed the General, not spitefully, but enough to let Sperk know that there was something else on Plos' mind. It was the fact that both of them knew that this was a long time coming and both of them knew how big this stand would inevitably be. However, they never showed the weight of this mission because it may damage morale. Soldiers did not complain, Sperk had once told him. They had been kidding around then, but that made it none the less true. This was not a time to complain about the time they had.

Plos crossed his fingers over, one by one, and looked down. "I think we should hurry tomorrow and run an assault drill. In the meantime, they need to raise their stamina and endurance." He was getting ready to tell the troops to make a quick 3-mile run, but waited to see what Sperk would say. He smiled at that. His old friend was higher in rank then him and he was having to wait for his permission. Talk about irony.

Tag: Guns, Spatz, YUN

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    GM Note: This wil be my last in-game character post for a little while. From here on out, everyone will have to play with those around you, and I will come in to advance the story along. [face_peace]

NPC; General Sperk

Sperk nodded. "I approve of that action, Lt. Colonel. Well, I'd best be off; High Command needs me back at HQ shortly. Farewell, Gentlemen; I hope that all goes well with the training." With that, he gave a salute and walked off, a guard following him back to the shuttle that was parked on the outskirts of the training compound.

6. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jareth took the offered chair and sat down in it. He would have rather stayed standing but he didn't want to insult the human again. Humans are such strange creatures. He thought. They are so prone to mood swings. Jareth thought about himself for a minute. He wasn't the normal Zabrak. He stilled had the normal Zabrak glory traits, but the rest of his personality was so different. Most Zabrak would not have cared if they insulted someone. He wanted so much to get along with humans.

Jareth snapped back out of his thoughts and returned to the conversation. "I'm sorry my mind wandered away again. What were we talking about?"

TAG: Hitman, whoever.

7. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Rajah Landor
    Training Base

It didn't take long for his fellow platoon brothers to begin assessing the general's participation in their morning procedures. Many had their guesses as to what it might mean, but in the end Rajah had long learned that action would soon follow such a happening. Keeping his gaze steadily on the area outside of the building the Tarpani millitant felt another approach from behind him, and was somewhat surprised that the man addressed him rather casually.

"The reason for the General's being here will no doubtedly be revealed soon enough, and I'm sure that whatever schedule that was set for us to complete our training has reached hyper-space like speeds now", Rajah answered in a even tone seeming somewhat withdrawn another joined them not long after.

"Top of the morning to the both of you", Rajah greeted the Zabrak who seemed to have wronged Brak Wrider, and Rajah hoped that his fellow human was not a victim to emotional upheavals. "Jareth your just in time to give us your opinion on the General's presences", he added trying to stear the conversation onto lighter grounds for military life at times could be to serious.

Tags:Mister Master & Hitman

8. Hitman90

Apr 4, 2005
    IC: Brak wrider

Listening to Rajah's opinion, brak wondered if whether or not the reason for the general's presence would be known. he the turned his attention to Jareth whose mind seemed to be wondering again. Brak felt discouraged that this man's mind seemed to wonder off quite often.

"well we we're talking about why the general was here. Is it some sort of check up on recruit training, or to give some time of death wish mission?"

Brak sat there in wait for the zabrak's response. he didn't like the idea of being sent out on a dangerous mission with little training. he was hoping that some of the other's ideas could calm his imagination for a while, or at least until the reasoning for the general's presence was known.

TAG: Mister_Master LordPullus

9. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC - Axel

Axel leapt off of the general's shoulder and saluted him farewell, then returned to hi perch on the lamp signifying to Plos that he was ready to keep watch on the recruits. Axel always found himself best as an observationalist, as his size usually kept himself unseen when doing physical activity. However there were a few things he trained personally but not this.

Tag - Plos

10. AvatarOfYunYammka

AvatarOfYunYammka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2007
    Lieutenant Tans Delek
    Tevius, Outer Rim

After the General returned his salute, Lieutenant Delek listened silently, although nodding at the appropriate moments to show he was listening, to the Lieutenant Colonel Plos and the General. Once the General had left the area, Tans turned to Plos, "Sir, regarding endurance and stamina, should I lead the platoon on a run?" he was fairly certain that was what Plos had meant by 'improving stamina and endurance' and he knew that Axel, being quite diminutive, would probably not want to lead such an action; besides, he was already in his standard 'observation' position.

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    GM Plot: The game's first part is a run up the hillside as a platoon. ;)

12. Mr-Fett

Mr-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2009
    Rebel Paratroopers:
    Name: Kareen Search
    Species: Humanoid
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 156lbs
    Appearance:
    - Clothing: Standard military issue clothing and armor with a geared moon painted on the left shoulder
    - Physical Features: Well built but not overly strong, decent speed but not a track star, well built all around with no real strong points. Dark greasy shoulder length hair and short unkempt stubble. Long scars leading from his fingers to the palms of his hands and down his wrists and a thick scar on his right rib mid way through the torso from a vibro-dagger.
    - Other Articles of Note
    Likes: Urban areas that can be well blended into, thakitilo and the sound of machines operating. Prefers the company of small self constructed droids which he is constantly tinkering with.
    Dislikes: Feeling out of control, being under the intoxication of any narcotics and alcohols and being imprisoned in any way shape or form.
    Worst Fear: Being caged in silence and away from the interaction of machinery.
    Basic Weapon: DD6 blaster pistol,
    Additional Weapons: Vibroshiv, various hacking tools, personal computers, sodering tools and basic machinery tools.
    Bio: Was orphaned as a young boy and had to survive in the underlevels of Coruscant amongst the scum of the galaxy. He quickly learned to scavange parts from junk and make small droids that he made to keep himself company and to protect him from potentially dangerous situations. He quickly became known for being able to construct small droids for any situation many of which were illegal. At the age of 18 he was picked up by Imperial police and thrown in jail where he used limited supplies to break out of the prison along with some captured rebel insurgents who then took him to a rebel base where he was circulated into basic training. The rebels soon recognized his skill and adeptness in specialized droid construction. It was this skill alone that caught the eye of General Sperk and was transferred to Hope Company for a special mission.

Although he recognized the importance of the role he could play in this mission his is very skeptical of being in combat and isn't sure that he made the right choice. Although he does like the idea of being part of a close knit group. A feeling he hasn't felt since his family was murdered on Coruscant at the age of eight. He was caught by a local gang leader during his mid-teens because his droids were steeling food and water from his camp. Upon catching the boy he scarred the hands that made the droids and stabbed him with a vibroshiv just missing his lung.

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: Sorry about my above post if it was a little vague. Here's a post to set up the next phase of the game. ;)

Rebel Forces, Tevius

Lieutenant Delek turned to Lt. Colonel Marshall, having something to say. "Sir, regarding endurance and stamina, should I lead the platoon on a run?" The Lt. Colonel nodded.

"Lieutenant," Marshall said. "Are you going to try and set a record this time?" He was referring to the last speed record that Hope Company had set when they had gone up the hill that was known to the soldiers as "Crazy Hill". The hill wasn't that tall or steep, but the men of the Company had not ascended its heights in a very memorable time in its previous two attempts. Soldiers had lagged behind, and some got ahead of the main group. It had been a mess both times, and Marshall had been discouraged by the men's lack of teamwork and chemistry. They did not seem like a group that he would dare take into battle; they would get chopped up into little bits if they ever faced Imperial troops.

"Sir, we will try and set a memorable time," Delek said. "I just need instructions on what equipment my men should carry."

"Full equipment," Marshall said without hesitating. "We need to teach these men what it feels like to work hard for a prolonged period of time. They must be some unit chemistry before they will ever be succesful in the field of battle. Canteens should be full, and should not be touched during the run."

"Yes, sir!" Delek said. "Axel, you've heard the Lt. Colonel. We have to get the men ready for a training run."

"Oh joy," said his fellow Lieutenant. "You know that these things don't go well."

"If we don't rise our standards, these men will be woefully unprepared for battle."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The members of Hope started to run at the bottom of the hill, full gear on and rifle in hand. Their canteens had been filled, but they were not allowed to have even a sip of the liquid during the run. The exercise was designed to force the men to work hard withotu a break, something that would be vital in combat. At the head of the pack were the two Lieutenants, and Marshall was up at the top of the hill with a stopwatch. Here we come was all the members of the company could think as they slowly started their ascent.

TAG: All Hope Company Members

14. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC - Axel

Axel sighed as he found himself with lieutenant Delek leading the compsny up the hill. He would've perferred to have stayed elsewhere, somewhere that involved the lack of walking with the platoon. He also knew that if he kept that behaviour up he would find himself out of shape, if it weren't for the fact that the entire daily routine of his involved a plentiful amount of jumping, as he was not the same stature as the rest of the company. Axel hadn't been loaded up exceedingly like the rest due to his small size, something he was thankful for. The crew was walking at an acceptable pace, and of what he was aware, all were still grouped together.

Tag - Hope Company

15. Mr-Fett

Mr-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2009
    IC: Kareen Search

Kareen was already sweating and thirsty and they had just started walking. During the morning he had sat in the back of the formation and trying to stay apart from the other soldiers. He had seen them at each others throats and being a man he knew he could hold his own but he didn't want to get into any unneeded confrontation. So here he was a Coruscanti native used to the dark places in the underworld with its small breezes flowing through the metal jungle. Out here in the blazing sun in full gear without a droid in sight marching up a hill with a group of relative strangers whom he had not really talked to in the previous days. He felt alone and way out of his element as he had felt in much of the past year bouncing around the rebel alliance doing small odd jobs until he was drafted into Hope Company. His previous acknowledgment of no droids was not entirely true, he had one small droid. It was a very tiny droid he had constructed a few weeks ago when he was landed on this hot planet. It used a small power generator hooked to an electric cooling unit. The droid hid in his canteen and kept his water at ice temperatures. It had been a very helpful friend but he knew if he was caught with it the others would not take kindly so he decided he would offer it as a way to fit in.

Walking up next to Rajah the most rugged looking man of the group he said... "Pretty hot out today isn't it. I'm not really used to this whole military thing I mostly make droids. I made this little guy that hides in my canteen and keeps the water cold. You could try it out if ya want, hes really nice and keeps your water cold as ice! His name is PB-0, but I just call him Peebo for short."

Tag: LordPullus

16. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

Jareth was actually enjoying the run that they were being forced to endure. He would have liked it more if he wasn't wearing the full pack, and it wasn't so hot out. And to top it off he had a full canteen that he wasn't allowed to drink. So maybe it wasn't as enjoyable as he at first thought.

Jareth wondered how the rest of the group was faring. If he was sweating from the weight, and the run up the hill how much more was his human brethren struggling. Being from Iridonia this type of work wasn't all that hard for him. But the rest of the platoon were human, and whatever.

He would keep an eye on everyone else.

TAG: Anyone.

17. AvatarOfYunYammka

AvatarOfYunYammka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2007
    OOC: I should have a post up in the next day or so.

18. Cromwell90

Cromwell90 Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    "Stampede!", the Rebels shouted, as a thousand head of bison charged unexpectedly down the hill.
    Rolling desperately between the pounding hooves, the soldier's packs and blasters slipped from their grasp. The dust drummed instantaneously into a storm, beneath the never-ending charge of frantic cattle.

Ronnie, one of the less imaginitively named Stars Wars folk, processed the situation instinctively...even as he fought for each second of life. His Laser Can-Opener was useless to him now, as was his rubber 'Admiral Ackbar' Halloween Mask. But Ronnie still had one last weapon in his arsenal; clenching his fists...he just believed.

A right! A left! An upper-cut to the jaw of the nearest bison! And so the ranch was saved.

Ronnie sat back on the now quiet hill-side, basking in the admiration of his fellow Rebel infantry. He had learnt something about bison...but more importantly, he had learned something about life.

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OOC: Please disregard above post.

20. Croup

Croup Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    IC ? Bendak Oran

Bendak trudged slowly up the hill with the rest of the troopers wanting to take off at a swift run. He wasn?t the strongest or fastest man in the group and like the rest of the men he felt the heat of the day on his sweat soaked brow and the weight of the gear he was carrying. But all of this meant something different to the Mandalorian; it meant he would be ready for the fight ahead, ready to kill Imperials. All of it meant that his strength would not fail him when he needed it but above all it meant he would be able to protect others from the Empire.

It did not matter to him that his body would be sore later or that his mouth and throat were as dry as the surface of a desert planet; he kept moving like the soldier he was raised and trained to be. Like a good soldier he needed to trust the men he would be fighting and possibly dieing with; the only problem was he didn?t even know them well. This seemed like as good a time as any to do so.

?What does a paratrooper do exactly,? he asked as an ice breaker.

TAG: Any Trooper

OOC: I don?t know if I can do this but ignore my first post. I did not really understand what to do.

21. Hitman90

Apr 4, 2005

as he walked up the hill, he felt over encumbered. he was by far carrying the most equipment of the soldiers. he had to carry various repair tools, as well as his heavy repeating blaster with all of its ammo. however, he knew it would be tough, and he was not prepared to collapse or show any sign of weakness. he was not willing to look like he need anyone's help. so he continued his trek, keeping up with his fellow soldiers. he looked around seeing the rest of the soldiers barely showing any signs of ware. he thought it would be a long day. he then looked at the Zabrak. he saw that he seemed to even be enjoying the venture.

"Hey, whats your deal man. you don't even seem tired right now. what are you part machine?"

TAG: Mister_master

22. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007

"Hey, whats your deal man. you don't even seem tired right now. what are you part machine?"

Jareth chuckled. "I am used to this labor. I am from Iridonia where we have very harsh conditions. Only the strongest survive. And I had to run up hill every morning for five years. It wasn't all that fun." Jareth took in a deep breath before continuing. "It also helps if you focus on all the positive." Jareth smiled hoping he could lighten the mans spirits with it.

Tag: Hitman, anyone.

23. Hitman90

Apr 4, 2005

"It also helps if you focus on all the positive."

Drak shook his head in disbelief. he then smiled and turned to jareth. "It's hard to remain positive when you know that the people around could end up dead."

TAG: all

24. Croup

Croup Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    IC ? Bendak Oran

"It's hard to remain positive when you know that the people around could end up dead."

Bendak laughed loudly at this. ?Could end up dead,? he said half chuckling and half questioning. ?Listen boy, we?re all already. Everyone dies sooner or later, so lighten up.?

TAG: Anyone

25. Hitman90

Apr 4, 2005

"Listen boy, we?re all already. Everyone dies sooner or later, so lighten up."

Brak felt a tremendous amount of anger towards Bendak. he heard his screeching chuckle and his mocking tone. he thought that this was in its own way, showing Oran's bloodthirsty nature.

"Yeah, but to covered with such death, such pain. its unnatural. you may think that we die sooner or later, it is all a part of life, but those people used to be somebody. they used to be parents and brothers. teachers and friends. I may not like everyone i see, hell in fact i hate most people, but that does not mean that they deserve to die. something a person like you would not understand."

TAG: all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.