main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars In Concert 2016/Clasical Music In Soutwest Florida....

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Leoluca Randisi, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I live In Port Charlotte Florida, moved here from Frederick Maryland In June 2015 In Maryland there was Great Classical Music shows In the area that played Pops series John Williams Concerts. My favorite place was an outdoor venue called Wolftrap in Vienna Virginia, It was owned by the GOV and was a National Park, very casual! they let you bring in a cooler with wine, beer, and food and security used racial profiling and common sense! It was kind of like Tanglewood or The Hollywood Bowl! I am finding It hard to find John Williams pops shows in Southwest Florida, not with Williams conducting mind you just an orchestra doing his music with a different conductor if you guys catch my drift? can anyone In the southwest Florida area help me out here? might be willing to travel to Orlando,Tampa, or Miami but would love to be closer to home.

I recently bought TFA on CD and in the CD case was an ad for Star Wars In concert so hopefully I can see that, there is a Hockey team in my area called the Everblades that play in an arena called, Germain Arena in Naples Florida that reminds me of a place I saw the last star wars in concert, The Baltimore Arena. Hopefully they have it there?

2. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    The belonging you seek is to the south of you, just a bit :)

http://swflso.org/

We've done some John Williams shows in the past, as recently as two seasons ago, I think, but no JW is on the schedule this year, unfortunately. However, we have some great Pops shows coming up starting in January and continuing through the Spring. It's not John Williams, but it's a great orchestra and it might be close enough ;)

Star Wars in Concert will be its own thing -- in the past they have contracted a touring orchestra that travels together and visits select cities. AFAIK (and unless they do it differently this time), they don't contract local musicians. I don't think they've announced the 2016 venues yet, but it looks like that's coming soon. IIRC from the last time (2012?), they did do a show in Lee County, but I don't remember exactly where. Pretty sure it was not the Barbara B. Mann.

http://starwarsinconcert.com/

I'm sure they'll have multiple Florida venues scheduled when they announce. Tampa & Orlando & the usual south Florida suspects were on the list last time. It's likely they'll hit Naples, Fort Myers, and/or Sarasota too.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I signed up for the mailing list for this. I only hope that it does not tour sports arenas. Orchestras were not made to be heard in a basketball arena. I hope they tour concert halls.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I saw it in the Baltimore Arena and It was awesome and sounded great, and that Is a Sports Arena!!!!!!

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Are you familiar with how a concert hall sounds as well?

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    The Acoustics in Wolftrap were beautiful and that was outdoors but it was designed with music in mind with a lot of wood and I am sure the shape and design came in to play as well !!!!!!!!!! I never liked The Kennedy center most people dressed up there and when I showed up in either Jeans and a T-Shirt or Khaki Shorts I felt out of place, I don't dress up for a Show...

7. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah outdoors with music in mind is not quite the same as a basketball arena, which is where the last Star Wars concert played in Portland. I love the Rose Garden for rock/pop concerts, but not for orchestras.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Like I said In the Baltimore Arena Star Wars In Concert sounded Marvelous !!!!!!![:D] It depends on where you are sitting, If you are behind the stage It Is going to sound bad. There were three concerts I will highlight at New Yankee Stadium, "PAUL McCARTNEY, ROGER WATERS THE WALL, and BILLY JOEL" I have talked to several people who say they were the best concerts they have ever been to, as a matter of fact most people who saw the shows said they were the best concerts they ever went to, and that was a concert in a baseball stadium...

9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Rock concerts are much different than a symphony orchestra.

10. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    The website now reroutes to the main one where there is nothing about it. I hope this doesn't mean it's cancelled