main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Infinity (Disney Infinity 3.0)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by StarWarsFreak93, May 5, 2015.

1. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

Let's discuss the new Star Wars game, Star Wars Disney Infinity 3.0. Apparently it'll be released August 20th, which is even better! Been waiting for a Star Wars game to play on my PS4, and this will tide me over until Battlefront in November.

I played the original 2 Infinities, and they're pretty fun, although the Toy Box aspect gets old fast IMO. With Star Wars,methought they'll definitely be doing the Play Set story modes, and adding a lot of Star Wars themed items, so should be fun.

What do you all wanna see, from characters to vehicles to items/planets?

2. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
    It was finally confirmed today - 3 Star Wars Playsets in Disney Infinity 3.0! So excited.

Twilight of the Republic - Anakin, Ashoka, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Darth Maul

Rise Against the Empire - Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Vader

A Playset based on the Force Awakens - (characters haven't been announced yet, but I'm guessing - Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma)

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
  4. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I was just about to pick up 2.0 in a few weeks, but now I will just wait for 3.0. Can't wait!

5. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I'm really excited for this, I'm so happy that Prequel Trilogy characters/elements are included. Cad Bane makes an appearance he is shown in the trailer very briefly taking off in a ship. I would love Trench and Krell to appear, there is definitely a lot of potential for Krell, I think his figure would sell really well.

Mojo120 and StarWarsFreak93 like this.
  6. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Wow, I'm so excited for this! I can't wait for the release of new Star Wars figures and to see them in shops! :)

I really like the final scene with Disney/Pixar characters when they see the Millennium Falcon! And that with Olaf...so funny!
    I have to say: "Begun the Disney/Star Wars crossover has". :D

7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm loving that they're focusing on all aspects of SW. I wonder if the stories will be canon?

CoolyFett and SeparatistFan like this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I wish someone could tell me more about this Disney Infinity game as a whole. Is it just designed for kids, or is there something more to it that adults can appreciate on their own? If I bought the game, does that mean I can buy figures separately to add to my own "world". I see these figures selling at Gamestop for about $6 or so. Not too bad; considering I wouldn't be buying too many of them anyway.

Maharishineo likes this.
  9. Jedi_Janitor

Jedi_Janitor Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2015
    I have always said that I would not get Disney Infinty unless Star Wars or Tron came out for it. Well I guess I am getting both with 3.0 and my wallet is crying. Between Battlefront, No Mans Sky and now Infinty 3.0 I will have no money left for anything this fall.

10. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013

Yeah, if everything weren't quite so cartoonish then I would be willing to buy these. Nintendo's Amiibos on the other hand don't look so silly despite mostly being kids video game characters. They didn't go and make a blocky Pikachu or Yoshi. If Infinity's Marvel and Star Wars characters were more like this, then I'd actually be interested:

[​IMG]

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But my point is that I thought this was about the video game, and not so much on how the toy figures look like.

12. Maharishineo

Jul 25, 2013
    Yeah, I wasn't attempting to answer your question as much as I was expressing my own gripes hahah That said, the figures and the in-game characters naturally match one-another.

You might look up some YouTube videos but per my understanding, it's essentially a giant sandbox where you go around and use your powers to take down baddies. You can also build your own cities with all kinds of different features but to unlock them you have to buy more figures to expand your custom sandbox.

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Is that Obi-Wan riding a pod racer on the box? Now I've seen everything.

14. Jabba the Pizza

Jabba the Pizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    Oh god, this is made to tractor beam the money from peoples wallets. Infinity is bad. "Play without limits" more like "Pay without limits"

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
  16. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

AND Darth Maul riding one behind him too.

Anyway I might buy this so I make Podracers race Lightcycles.

And make an Army of Stormtroopers fight an Army of Battle Droids in a face off of incompetence.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I played the original Disney Infinity. It was fun for a little while, but it didn't take long for me to get burned out. Definitely geared towards kids (not a knock on it, it certainly succeeded at what it was trying to do). Having said that, I have a feeling I won't be able to resist 3.0. The Star Wars stuff looks great, and I'm sure the play sets (Infinity's version of a story mode) will be fun to play through. Three sets at launch should last a decent while (IIRC, each play set in the original Infinity took me around 5-6 hours each).

18. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Only ever briefly played Infinity round a friends once. Thought it was an alright game, though I don't recall doing a lot except messing around on both Cars and The Incredibles.
    For Star Wars, I probably still wouldn't break out the bank to get it, but it should be interesting to see what goes on with the packs.

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    If you want to play Disney play sets stick to 1.0, 2.0 only has Marvel Play Sets unless the toy box game discs are of interest to you I preferred the Disney ones to Marvel, but the power discs deserve special mention as they cover a variety of effects but only the circular ones work in the play set.
    It really depends on what you're more interested in, 3.0 sounds an improvement on 2.0 so whose your favourite character from Disney/Marvel and/or Star Wars?

PS: Team up discs introduced in 2.0 are fantastic but as 2.0 stuff doesn't work in 1.0 be careful what you want to buy as it will be a LONG 3 months before we find out what else they have planned this time!

Oh 11am US time there might be a few answers but more questions by Friday!

20. Maharishineo

Jul 25, 2013
    Wait, so it's not all compatible with one another? 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 can't all be used in the same sandboxes?

21. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Figures are usable in the toy box if going from 1.0 to 2.0 and so on they don't however work in reverse.

Play sets currently only work in their own edition I don't know if they've corrected that in the downloadable version since the 1.0 play sets are great the 2.0 play sets all 3 compared to the 6 of 1.0 are OK but really needed more crossover characters to make better use of the figures they have available.

Iron Man can eventually be used in all 3, but both the Avengers and Spiderman play sets are set in the same area but only 2 from each can crossover.

Don't know enough about 3.0 to even guess what they have planned.

Maharishineo likes this.
  22. Maharishineo

Jul 25, 2013
    lol what a headache. Thanks for explaining though.

23. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    so this is a video game too right. i don't know anything about disney infinity.

CoolyFett likes this.
  24. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    This looks pretty darn cool. I've never played any of the Disney Infinity games before but I'll certainly give the Star Wars version a try.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's the part that I really don't get. If I were to buy the SW play set 3.0, would I hypothetically be able to use figures from 1.0 and 2.0; or do I have to buy the previous play sets? That's what, like $50 per play set?