main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Infinity (Disney Infinity 3.0)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by StarWarsFreak93, May 5, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

What would Rey's "resistance" outfit look like? Didn't she wear the same outfit throughout TFA (the movie)? I hope they do come out with a 4.0 version; because one thing they need to work on is the multiplayer aspect. Then, I'd more than likely buy it on PSN for my PS4.

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Oh, there will be a 4.0. It's an annual game. Rey resistance outfit is the one she wears at the end of TFA. Theres a figure coming out of it from Hasbro.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Not much of a difference, if you ask me. It's not like Leia's Boushh outfit disguise costume swap.

[​IMG]

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  5. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I'm thinking about buying this.

Is it worth it? I've never played any of the infinity stuff, so i have absolutely no idea what it's like or what it's about. Can anyone give me a quick summary :)?

Maybe I should try reading the post above me! *face palm*

Ok it sounds fun! But is it worth it???? :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I think it's worth it. Like you, I was initially apprehensive at Disney Infinity; just thinking it was childish and all. But it can be addictive. You get to choose some of your favorite characters spanning the Star Wars eras from the Clone Wars/PT up to TFA. And best of all, every character you have has access to each playset; meaning you could have Anakin or Ahsoka fighting Kylo Ren in the TFA playset, and have Rey going up against General Grievious in the Clone Wars "Twilight of the Republic" playset. If you're interested, I'd 1) download a digital copy of Disney Infinity 3.0 from your game console, 2) buy a cheap Infinity base off eBay (usually cost no more than about $5 including shipping), 3) buy at least one character from SW that's available, off eBay. The newer characters like Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, and Poe Dameron are upwards of $15, while the older characters are less than $10.

7. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015

Amazon do a Starter set for £25 (includes Game, 2 Characters and the base) Might just buy a Ren and Rey after that.

My biggest concern would be Gameplay I guess, Since it's aimed at the younger Generation, I assume it's not too challenging?

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It's not challenging; and you can adjust the settings of course if you want. Which starter set were you going to get? Rey already comes with the TFA set.

9. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015

ahh ok awesome :) thanks for your help.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/..._rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577048787&pf_rd_i=desktop

Would this one be worth getting?

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Sure. It's a good starter set. And again, I would highly recommend buying any additional playsets/figures on eBay separately. Each starter set contains a base and a hard copy of the game, which you'd already have with your first purchase.

jimmycrank likes this.
  11. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015

Sweet, Will get it for my Wii U, (don't why it's so much more expensive on Xbox One. But hey ho!) Yeah should be a fun way to collect Figures :p Can you do anything Online on it???

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I think the multiplayer could use some work; you could only join in with other players if they're friends with you or you're playing with them on the same console at home. But what's cool about the online features is that you can download and play user-created playsets; or even create your own and share it with the world!

jimmycrank likes this.
  13. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    jimmycrank
    I kinda like how 'easy' things are sometimes...it makes it a more relaxing game for me to play. One thing I like is you can save playsets to the cloud. That way things don't get wiped out if the game system dies (like mine did).

Don't expect the TFA playset to follow the movie closely, since it doesn't. IMO, I found it to be the weakest of the Star Wars playsets, story wise.

There's an Arcade on Main Street. You can go in, pick a game and play online with other players. I lost patience with it, since there wasn't anyone around. That was a while ago, so things might have changed.

Some of the fan made playsets are really cool. There's one that's based on the assault on the Jakku village now. That's the one thing that sets it apart from other SW games....players can make their own games to share with others.

Toybox Takeover can be a lot more challenging than the playsets. Its an expansion game. So is the Speedway. That's also very challenging and a lot of fun in 2 player mode.

The version for iPad plays very well, as long as you buy a controller. Just be sure to save the codes that come with the figures. You can use them to access that character in the iPad version without having to buy them again.

Each character has a skill tree, and you can customize them as they power up.

I don't know if my experience is typical...but I've had a lot of problems with the download version on my PS4, in terms of game stability. The disc I have for PS3 is fine. So I'd suggest going with the disc vs download.

Ahsoka's Tano...I think you can buy a lightsaber once you finish a SW playset. I agree, I wish Rey had one...but that might have been too spoilerly. Though I'm kinda hoping we'll get another Rey (and maybe another Luke) after the ST is completed. Since we know they're not adverse to putting out a new version of the same character (i.e. Captain America).

jimmycrank likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah I think the lightsaber is available in the toybox hub for anyone; but I don't think you're able to use it on any of the primary playsets.

15. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    That's why we need them to make JediRey. ;)

One advantage to getting the figures new is you get the webcode card. So you can play with that figure in the app or PC version. But....when they do Twitch livestreatms, they give out random codes for free.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I have a few digital figure cards that came with the figures I've bought; but I don't use them. I downloaded Infinity 3.0 on my PC awhile back, but could never get used to the controls and the graphics on my PC made the game very sluggish. I tried the app on my Smartphone, and while the graphics improved, controlling the characters with the small touch screen only grew on my patience.

17. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    I felt the same way at first. Then a friend showed me a bluetooth controller. I'm not sure if they make them for smartphones...but I got one that's ipad/iphone compatible. It plays really well.

My characters weren't showing up at first. Then I entered them online on my computer, reloaded the app..and now they're all there. I wasn't a fan at all of tablets or smartphones as gaming devices...but this controller changed my mind.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Which characters do you have so far?

19. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    Ahsoka's Tano

I have Obi Wan, Luke, Leia, Yoda, Rey, Anakin, Ahsoka, Finn, Kylo Ren and Darth Vader on the SW side of things. On the Disney side, I have Olaf, Elsa, Merida, Mulan, Sorcerer Mickey, Tinkerbelle, Maleficent, Agent P, Stitch and Donald. And then just Rocket Raccoon from Marvel.

20. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hi, everyone. I apologize if this is a silly question - I'm fairly new to Infinity but am enjoying it a lot.

When you play a playset as one of the antagonists (like playing Kylo Ren in the TFA playset), is the plot of the game different than it is when you're playing a protagonist like Rey? Are the final boss battles different?

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I would say probably not. The only characters I have are Ahsoka, Leia, Sabine, and Rey; so I wouldn't know offhand. But my guess is that the game goes by a specific script, and even the cut scenes you'll see the hero characters interacting with the enemies. My best guess is that you'll wind up having Ren face Ren at the end of the game.

22. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Okay, thank you! It would be neat if the villains had a different script, but I can see how that would be cost-prohibitive.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Still a fun game, regardless. After playing through the "Rise of the Empire" playset with Leia, I replayed the final boss match; this time with Ahsoka against Vader. You can even have Anakin going against Vader; you just have to locate the Champion coins for those characters.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Hey does anyone continue to play Disney Infinity on the PS4? I'm considering buying it now that it's currently on sale at the Playstation Store for $12. I already have the game for the PS3, but it gets kinda dull when you don't have anyone to play with.

25. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    PS4 is the only gaming device I'm using right now. I haven't played much since I have a stubborn wrist injury that isn't healing well.

You get an Ewok village and a couple AT-STs in the Hub in the PS4 version. And you can stomp the AT-STs foot to kill enemies (or make townspeople fall over).