main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Insider #66

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nom Anor, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Deducted from what account?

If you have the documentation about the deduction, call them up and tell them about it because apparently their records are incorrect.

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Ordered online?

Taking a deep breath for coming diatribe---

I ordered EGVV over Amazon, shipped Jan 8. That three-week delivery has considerably come and gone. I'm stiiiill waiting!

Amazon Customer Service concedes my item has been "lost", which I reckon means someone helped themselves to it (they can have all nine Calamarian water curses for that!), and offered to supply a new one. I'll believe when I get it.

My first ever online order, and I'll never order by those Amazonic (insert appropriate expletive) fools again.

In short, business are slick-smooth efficient at transacting your $$$, but slippery in satisfying you on time.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, great. An article on the Grand Admirals!? It couldn't have come at a worse time...

I'll have to find someone to buy it for me, since my parents hate me at the moment and my subscription is expired. :(

4. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Excellence, I think you are the unlucky statistical anomaly :D

I've probably ordered from Amazon.com 20 to 30 times over the last 4 or 5 years and I've never had any problems.

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "What's on the cover?"

Err, I should have known that! It's just that the image wasn't linked, and I only looked at the article when it was first put up and then Mazzic said that Joe Corroney did the cover and I thought he meant the entire issue.

So, what's the title image for the Grand Admirals article like? :)

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Apparentely the issue isn't going to hit the Newsstands until early March, and since my subscription is expired, I won't be able to get the issue until then.

I was just wondering if anyone could possibly scan the Grand Admiral article for me and send me a URL or e-mail it to jello@fanforce.net

I'd normally wait for an issue, but the Imperial Grand Admirals happen to be my favorite part of the SW galaxy and I'm just too eager to read the article.

Thanks. :D

7. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I was just wondering if anyone could possibly scan the Grand Admiral article for me and send me a URL or e-mail it to jello@fanforce.net

I don't have a scanner, or I would.

[hr]

There's a misspelling in this issue. In the interview with C-3PO, "Anakin" is spelled "Ankikin" close to the end. You'd think a Star Wars magazine would spell Anakin right. ;) :p

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Bleh. Everyone who has a scanner doesn't have the issue, and everyone who has the issue doesn't have a scanner.

*sniffle* I wish my parents weren't lazy and just resubscribed.

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Well, I sent the customer people an e-mail right after I got the letter, I just wanted to see if anyone else had had this problem. Unfortunately, I got the letter Saturday, and Monday is President's Day, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday at least for a response. Ah well, these things happen.

TC

10. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    President's Day is not a holiday for every business. I still have to work tomorrow.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    My subscription ran out last month, but thankfully when I renewed a couple days ago, they were able to backtrack me so that I'll get #66 as my first issue.

12. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I can't wait to get it. When is it coming out?

13. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I think it comes out March 4, but I'm not sure.

I already got mine in the mail. One of those "subscriber perks" ;) :p

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    *sniffle*

Which is why I want that Grand Admiral article scanned. I can't wait until March!

15. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    The articles in the more recent issues of Insider have been much better than in previous issues, IMO. The MAS short sounds good and I hope that short stories become a regular feature considering that Keyes' EoV and Allston's short were quite good.

Im a subscriber so hopefully it'll be here any day now. It's possible it was delayed considering there was no mail where Im at. Over 2 feet of the white stuff will do that ! :)

16. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Which SW Gamer issues can EoV be found?

~PAd

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    EotV segments that were in Gamer were placed on TOS for those who couldn't get the cancelled magazine. The rest of EotV was put in Insider.

18. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I got mine today. Haven't read it but the few articles I did skim look good. A great illustration of Aayla and the Caamasi jedi.

Here's a question for those that have it is it supposed to have Bantha Tracks with it this issue? I know the last few issues did.

19. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    I think Bantha Tracks is only going to be every other issue, or something like that. I know it's not supposed to be in every issue, I'm just not sure of which issues will have it.

20. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Just got my copy today.

Hey now we know the fate of the SSD Aggressor. Its been in EU limbo for a decade :p

21. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Would you be so kind as to tell us what happened to it? :)

22. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Has the SW Saga/EU Holocron ever been mentioned before? From the "Novel Approach" article:

As such, many of the Bantam novels paid little attention to the earlier stories
    [Kreuz's note: referring to Foster's novel, Daley's novels, Marvel comics, the newspaper comics, etc.]. However, that policy has since changed. "Now that we are blessed with a continuity database called the Holocron, thanks to our in-house expert Leland Chee and to Wizards of the Coast, we have gone back and tried to integrate everything ever published."

23. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    So, what happens to Agressor?

24. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: the SSD Aggressor, Post-RotJ bio of Grand Admiral Josef Grunger:

Grunger used his rank to bully other Imperials throughout the Outer Rim, absorbing their ships into his fleet. Within a year, the grand admiral built-up an immense armada of 30 Imperial-class and Victory-class Star Destroyers, 60 Strike cruisers, 100 Carrack light cruisers, various miscellaneous vessels, and the Super Star Destroyer
    Aggressor.

After Teshik's execution, Grunger swaggered into the Corellian sector to laucnh a strike at Imperial Center. But Grand Admiral Pitta had already claimed Corellian space for himself. Through the ingenious use of a torpedo sphere, Pitta decimated Grunger's armada, but Grunger refused to back down.

Grunger's pride drove him to ram
    Aggressor into the heart of Pitta's torpedo sphere.

25. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I thought Bantha Tracks was supposed to be in every issue?

Are the newsstand versions different and not have Bantha Tracks? Maybe there was a mix-up. Did anyone get a copy with Bantha Tracks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.