main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Insider always damaged in transit?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Digitalfreaknyc, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Digitalfreaknyc

Digitalfreaknyc Jedi Master

Sep 2, 2002
    I've been a member of Star Wars Insider since 1989 and have every issue ever published, back to the Lucasfilm Fan Club. Lately, though, it's becoming more difficult to bother with it. I love getting the magazine but they're packaged in a really flimsy clear packaging. It seems like, more often than not, I'm having issues that either don't show up OR show up damaged. I'm paying to get the special cover but what does that matter if I can't get it to me in one piece?

Anyone else having this problem?

2. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Oh yeah. It seems like they intentionally target SWI at the post office.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've had no problems with mine that I can recall. Maybe the UK postal people are more careful with things. Or your mail person is a Trek fan.. :p

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    No probs here (Germany) either.

I love the idea about postman being a trek fan.

5. StarGuppy

StarGuppy Jedi Padawan

Jul 27, 2017
    I have that problem all the time! Not only do my issues come in terrible condition about 40% of the time, but I've had them come with the plastic wrap completely missing and items (like game preview discs) gone altogether! Way back in the beginning (when it was still The Lucasfilm Fan Club) they came in with a paper covering that hid the magazine cover underneath. Anyone could open it up and read it, but at least it didn't announce itself and say to the postage handlers, "Hey, I'm a cool Star Wars magazine, rip me open and help yourself!"