main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN star wars insider

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by skip1, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    if anyone here in town gets the star wars insider then let me know.there is a picture from the nashville imax premeire and id love to see it.please scan it and send it my way if you can.

thanks
    skip

2. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Qui-Gonn_Jeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    If you have a copy, it's issue #65, top of page 91.

A great group picture from the Huntsville IMAX. Bert is mentioned in the tag line. For those who haven't met Bert, he's the Jedi on the right (in the group photo.)
    Way to go, guys!

3. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    This is a great surprise! I e-mailed Bantha Tracks that very same weekend and told them all about it along with some pics. I got an e-mail in response thanking me for the letter and pics but no mention of weather they would be published or not. This is great news! I haven't received my issue in the mail yet, and now I cant wait!!!
    Later everyone.
    "Hippie Trooper"Bert
    TK-7528

4. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    You guys looked really good. It's great that you made it into the Insider :)

Here's the pic:

[image=http://scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NashvilleIMAX.jpg]

5. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    thanks for posting that!very cool.
    i cant believe that bert sent that in.
    really good pic of the group also.

He was a jedi once,who wouldve known we would turn him to the darkside in less than 2 months!

6. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Is Jedi Toren in the pic on page 7 of the Bantha Tracks section? The pic of the Rebel Legion "failing their first lightsaber lesson"? Matt, you have a twin (or a clone) if it's not you.

7. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    That is SO cool.
    I was just flipping through my Insider a little while ago and then I couldnt believe what I saw.

It is also bitter-sweet.
    To think I was this close to getting my picture in the Insider.
    Well one of my life long asperations has still gone unfulfilled ... for now.

8. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    Yeah Im pretty sure that's Matt on BOTH pics on the top of page 7 (bantha tracks side). That makes 3 pics of him on this issue alone! Awsome.
    By the way, Ive also submitted pics of both the Hendersonville parade and Huntsville IMAX. Lets keep our fingers crossed, maybe we'll make yet another appearance.......
    Later
    "Hippie Trooper"Bert
    TK-7528

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Kir would u be able to scan the page that mentions Pittsburgh for me? I want to put it on our website.

10. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. I love the line:

"Members of the Star Wars Assoc. of Pittsburgh get happy feet while waiting for the IMAX release. That, or they're checking to see who stepped in poodoo. [face_laugh]

Naa, they're just Steelers fans playing the Hokey-pokey. You put your left foot in. You put your left foot out. You put your left foot in and shake it all about... And of course they're all working for the dark-side :p

BTW, as an also admitted Buffy fan, I was glad to see that they did a little article about all the STAR WARS quotes and other stuff that pops up quite frequently in BTVS. It's pretty cool that Joss Wedon is also a huge STAR WARS fan. We are EVERYWHERE! :)

11. TK1128

TK1128 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2002
    Thanks for sending the pic of us in Bert it looks good. Matt I can't belive you have 3 pis of you in one issue...that's great! I Have two pics of me...Look on page 6 of the Bantha tracks of the 501st group photo..I'm the trooper top row straight back from the Red Stormtrooper...LOL. Well maybe thats not that good of a picture. If any of you have Issue # 27 from 1994 page 5 they put a letter and a Great pic of me with my CH-47D Chinook helicopter that I did some nose art on (the Bounty hunter) when I was In Haiti. Jeremy Bulloch(Boba) has a copy of that same picture on his fridge signed by me and is going to publish it in his book that he is writing. I'm also holding my custom Aviators helmet. Still have it.

Grand Moff don't worry your dream can still come true...We need to get you into a costume.

12. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Oh, I definatly want to get in a costume, but I have something else in mind that may get in too.

Stay tuned for details....

13. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Qui-Gonn_Jeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Scruff?, is that you Scruff?

Somebody double check me, but I'm sure that Scruff is in the group photo from DragonCon in the new Bantha Tracks. Isn't he the one behind the MonMotha costumer. He is dressed in his Rebel officer costume and seems to be looking to the left. (Now cough)

14. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Ok, somebody bring a copy of that to the next meeting. I was in a group photo at DragonCon dressed as General Madine, and I was standing beside Mon Mothma.

15. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I thought that was you. :)

16. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Has everybody else got their Insiders already? I've had a TON of trouble with the fan club over the past year getting my subscription right, and I fear that I'm getting screwed once again...

17. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I had promblems last year. They kept sending mine to the wrong address, but the last 5 or 6 issues have went a-okay. I was trying to call them to correct my address, but they didn't correct it until I emailed them using the address in the insider.

18. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeup, that's me in their three times! Twince in Bantha tracks for Rebel Legion and once in the IMAX section of the Insider. WooHoo!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.