main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Wars is Everywhere!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jundland_Jay, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Most women.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Only boring, uneducated and unenlightened women don't like Star Wars!

Oh, wait a minute. Most of my closest female friends don't like it. Hmmm, maybe I should rethink my friends. [face_thinking]

3. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    So, by "most" do you mean 51%? Hmn, I guess that might be true. But, I know an awful lot who do...like all the women in Fan Force, Rebel Legion, 501st, at CIV etc. But, you were just kidding, right?;)

4. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    How man women would you say that is? A few thousand?

In reality being a Star Wars fan is not a plus when dating.

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'd say that's true whether you're a man or a woman!

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Double post!

It's true. Star Wars is everywhere! Even in the Inland Empire in a little city called Victorville that's on the edge of the Outer Rim. The reason I mention this is that...

The IEFF, along with members of the RL and 501st, will be participating in the Annual Victorville Children's Christmas Parade on December 1st. Since this event is sponsored by the IEFF, anybody that has a good SW costume is invited to join us, including children. (It's a 2 mile downhill route and the MFalcon car will be with us)

Also, everyone that particpates in the parade is invited to join us at our Christmas party afterwards. We're lucky enough to have an incredible cook as one of our members and each year she volunteers to host the party. We'll be doing a $10 White Bantha gift exchange, too.

If you'd like to join us or have any questions, please PM me.

I hope it was okay to post this in this thread. I didn't think I should start a new one.

If you'd

7. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    For my fellow Wii owners who can't wait for the lightsaber game:

[image=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l62/bettzysdaddy/3517983x.jpg]

Tell me this is cool, just TELL ME!

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, am I going to have to get a Wii just for that? Maybe.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    There was a contest on Kevin and Bean this morning and the answer to the first question was Sarlac.
    All the questions were easy, but there were a lot of stupid people on there this morning. Like who doesn't know of the LaBrea Tar Pits?

10. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh yeah, there was some great SW stuff in Superbad, courtesy of the hilarious cops. I didn't even *really* mind that they imitated Yoda.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This may take a moment to load but it was worth it for me. I think it will get everyone back on track.

http://theforceamongus.com/HIGHLIGHTS_files/Forcetrailerweb.mov

12. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    We had to watch an Ethics training film today. They had fake commercials in between segments. One was "Ethics Wars, Darth Tater's fall from Ethics into the Dark side."

13. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Yesterday I was walking down the hall and heard two men talking about some little kid's passport photo. Apparently, the kid looked very chubby because they were saying "he looked like a little Jabba the Hutt" in the photo.

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Last week there were references to "Jedi Mind Tricks" on both "The Reaper" and "Survivor."

15. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well due to my Earache Alarm Clock, I am watching the F1 Quailfying for the Spanish Gran Prix. The Announcer mentioned that the drivers view was as limited as flying in a Tie Fighter.

16. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Unfortunately, you are right. But fortunately, most girls who are worth anything couldn't care less about stuff like that if they like you in general. I mean, any girl has to realize that 99% of guys like Star Wars, and 99% of guys like Lord of the Rings, and most guys enjoy playing video games occasionally (I don't play many video games, actually, but most of my friends do, from the smartest of them to the not-quite -as-smart, from the richer friends to the poorer ones, doesn't matter). Guys are guys, and if a girl wants some old-school clown who likes headbutting other guys, watches sports 3 hours a day, plays a few sports, hates video games, etc., good luck finding that neanderthal. When I was growing up, I was kind of a bridge friend, because I had a group of friends who were total nerds, the video game playing crowd who weren't popular. Then on the other hand I had a group of friends who were the jocks, the best athletes in our class who the girls had a crush on, they were popular, etc. I fit into both groups because I loved my video games, and I was one of the smart kids, but I also did track, baseball, soccer, swimming, basketball, you name it, and was at least fairly good at almost all of it, yet still both of those groups of friends LOVED video games. I played as many video games with the jocks as I did with the nerds, haha, it didn't matter. So I don't even really think those stereotypes are true.

Then again, I've always kind of existed in two realms, on the one hand I can easily sell myself as a total nerd, being a big film buff, loving Star Wars, having a few video game systems, my huge Star Wars collection, the fact I'm a big writer, my relative lack of interest in clubs and bars, the fact I don't prefer being highly social all of the time, etc. At the same time, I can easily be the jock too, and in the past had a girl call me that when I was starting to date her and it was hilarious, I actually liked it, because it was so funny. I was rock climbing, hiking, working out, then after that I took up martial arts, and was a huge health nut, so she assumed I was a jock basically. I explained to her you can't really so easily categorize people, especially when they can be both.

Perhaps some girls haven't met well rounded enough Star Wars fans, they think we're all like The 40 Year Old Virgin or something, or that all fans of Star Wars must be huge geeks. Actually I've known quite a few just normal guys who love Star Wars, go to the celebrations, etc., but they have a wife, kids, respectable jobs, whatever else that would make them just pretty normal guys who happen to have a passion for Star Wars.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Bowen, JT, You are both still wrong. There are almost as many female Star Wars fans as male, and they are often pretty cute, too. Not every slave Leia you boys drooled over at C4 was a paid model, you know. The sisters, my friends Jenn, Sandra & Norma are all gainfully employed, well dressed, attractive Star Wars fans, to name just a few.

And in case you hadn't heard, geek is in right now, geek with social skills, that is. I game with a boy who's 27 going on 10. He picks his nose & eats it in public. He's about 40 pounds overweight, which means very little in itself, except that he lifts his shirt and scratches his bare, hairy belly or wipes his face with his t-shirt. He doesn't drive, let alone own a car or motorcycle & if you give him a lift home treats it like he's doing you a favor instead of vice versa plus a myriad of rude replies if you say anything he isn't totally interested in. HE WILL probably end up a 40 year old virgin, not because he's gamer or into anime or video games, but because he has NO social graces at all.

18. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    Obi Wan just appeared in my taco![face_dancing]

19. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Not really, I'm sorry... There was a poll on StarWars.com and another on TFN once, they both showed no more than 10% female Star Wars fans.

And anyway, of all of the Slave Leia's, there was only one who was actually hot, anyone who has seen her knows who she is. I have a picture with her, it's actually floating around on the Web because I guess SuperShadow used it on his Web page, haha, this from starwars.wikia.com: "As of April 2006, he removed the picture gallery of Lauren and replaced it with the previous lingerie model picture[1] as well as a link to a page of "SuperShadow's Girlfriends wearing the Princess Leia bikini from Return of the Jedi"[3] which appears to be a gallery of random female fans wearing home-made "slave Leia" outfits at fan conventions or Star Wars themed parties. The first photo shows a male Star Wars fan standing next to the woman in a slave Leia costume, and his face is edited out. This man is Jonathan L. Bowen, a fan who attended Star Wars Celebration 3.[4]"

Then again, I have pretty high standards, so take that for what you will. I don't want a Star Wars fan girlfriend, haha, I mean that's not one of my requirements. I'd prefer a girl not hate Star Wars, obviously, that would be awkward, but if she doesn't know much about it and doesn't have much opinion of it, that's fine.

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    ABC Family Miniseries 'Samarai Girl':

Computer geek sidekick has just finished installing a state of the art security system at the good guy lair and the goodguy British Secret Agent walks in without tripping any alarms. Sidekick demands to know how he did it. Brit asks, "Aren't you a little too old to be using 'Ewok' as your go to password?"

21. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Yesterday during the Hungarian Gran Prix the Announcer mentioned that the Mclaren Pit Crew looked like: " Stormtroopers waiting for Battle"

22. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Please leave your sex life off of the forums.

Thx.

23. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    On last week's episode of BBC America's series Primeval one of the Chief Scientist's assistants/grad students almost got killed by thi monster of the week. The Scientist told him he should go home (to recover). The assistant said, "No. Would Han Solo go home before the job is done?" His mentor looked at him with one of those wry Brit smiles and commented, "I always thought you more R2D2, actually."

24. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, I know this is technically a double post...but, that was back in September. I thought LAFF folks would get a kick out of MTV's Top 10 Movie Bada--es list.
    Darth Vader is the #1 Bada---. (Boba Fett was #8 or 9.)

25. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I know this is a late post, but I'm watching Conan O'Brien and non other than Carrie Fisher shows up out of the blue because they're doing a spoof of freezing a certain bear in frozen carbonate. In the end the bear and Carrie Fisher escape on a boat toasting champagne. Very funny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.