main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Wars is Everywhere!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jundland_Jay, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
  2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hmm.. maybe I'll go too! I have that full size Darth Maul bust I want to get signed by Ray Park. Plus he's the coolest guy. That way I don't have to lug that thing around during CIV!! Do you think he'll be freaked out that I have a copy of his head in my posession?

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Ray Park = Toad. No, I don't think he'll be freaked out :).

4. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm doing a 3-minute presentation on Star Wars for a class I'm taking at work with DH. While doing some research on Wikipedia, I came across the following: "Star Wars fans, called 'Warsies'..". Now, I've never heard of the word "Warsies" in all my years of being a Star Wars fan. Who made that up? It sounds lame.

Does anyone want to help me with my presentation? I just need some ideas to talk about on the following:

5. 30th Anniversary of Star Wars

6. Why one should attend Star Wars Celebration IV

7. Impact of Star Wars on Popular Culture
  9. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Warsies? Just remember, JR, that anyone can put an entry into wikipedia -- that's why it's kind of a questionable resource.

30th anniversary? Talk about how SW bridges generations, and touches on age-old themes of heroism, redemption, love.

CIV? To celebrate a fellowship in fandom -- bringing together families and friends, across cultures and age-groups and other divides.

Impact? Many references -- see the "who said SW," and "SW is everywhere" threads.

I'd put more but it's beddy-bye time! Hope that helps... :)

10. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I've heard of the use of that before, but no actual use

11. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Another Family Guy clip youtube now making fun of what else? Star Wars. This one is pretty good...uses hayden christiensen. This should work: Force Ghost

12. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Warsies?! It makes us sound like a bunch of right wing war mongers.

13. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Oh yeah, Sunday's FAMILY GUY featured cameo appearances by the ghosts of Yoda, Obi Wan and "Hi, I'm Hayden Christiansen."

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks for the help JB!
    Those Family Guy clips are hilarious.. too bad I don't watch the show! Something something something Darkside, something something something complete.

15. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    JR made a great presentation on Wednesday. He was very enthusiastic and full of information. Many asked how they could get tickets to CIV. He was a hard act to follow.

I did my presentation on Harry Potter and I stunk. I had too much information, too little time, too many butterflies in my stomach, and way too much stage fright. I hate public speaking.

Oh, and JR's doing another presentation on March 7th. I think this one is supposed to be longer and is actually supposed to be about work. I'm going to go to cheer him on.

16. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    DH did a good job, she wore her Harry Potter costume. She tried to convince everyone to read the HP books instead of just seeing the movies (like I do). I didn't wear a costume. I just talked about all the SW related events here in LA along with the 30th Annniversary of SW.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    So I'm driving home along the 10 Freeway Friday evening. What should I see in the lane next to me but a big truck with the license plate "DRK JEDI." Anyone we know?

18. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    So, would that be "Drunk Jedi", or "Dork Jedi", or ......? :confused:

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I think it stand for DoRK JEDI.

A lot of LAFF members have SW Personalized license plates. We should all take a picture together or something. Well, it'll be hard to get all of our cars in one picture. Theres VK, JB, DH, JV, JF77, and myself. We're so "LA"! Hey.. why am I the only male in this group?

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Ha! That reminds me, when I took my car in for maintenance a week ago, the service rep said "if you're the padawan (my plate) then who's the master?" LOL :D

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Most people can't figure out my plate "You Zee the force?"

Has anyone received their Star Wars Insider?

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    That's sad JR! I've hardly ever gotten my Insiders, which is why I hate renewing my various "memberships" of the official sort. Grrr.

23. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I received my Insider -- picture of Indy on the cover....hmmmm :D

24. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    OK! Everybody check out today's L A Times Crossword --- 1 across.

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    My friend Mark got his last week, but I haven't received mine. Indy isn't Star Wars related! The big news should be that there are two pictures of me in there. It's still all about me. Just kidding. I haven't received my copy yet.

26. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I received my Indy4 Insider last week as well. It's got a great article on the orginals screenplay drafts and how the parts that didnt make it into ANH ended up in the prequels.

27. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    You mean Luke could have been the one to say "are you an angel" or "yippee!"?

:eek:

28. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Speaking of Indiana Jones, Harrison Ford, and me.. My co-worker came to me and said he saw me on TV. It was on VH1, E!, or one of those entertainment channels and they were doing a "Before they were stars" piece on Harrison Ford. During that piece they showed a bunch of people in costume, I'm assuming from the FIDM SW costume exhibit premier, and apparently I'm in it in my RFT costume. Has anyone else seen this to confirm?

EDIT - sorry for being so narcissistic. I'm just filling in the gaps that DB left open.

29. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    JR,

I am most pleased to hear you are in the insider. Two more times, you can be as cool as me! ;) ;) That?s great! You must scan the article. Did SR make the article too? One of my 501st here, Ara, is in it as well.

I went to a WWE (formally WWF) taping in Portland. I was on TV in the audience for around 3-4 seconds. Hurray. They showed me during a Rowdy Roddy Piper Interview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.