main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Wars is Everywhere!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jundland_Jay, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I think I've been in the Insider at least once before. It's not a close up/solo shot, but I'm there! I think it was a group shot of a SW Breakfast or something.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah, we were in a picture for the breakfast. Mr. DH took the picture but somehow big headed D-B got the credit.

I got my copy of the Insider and am ready to renew my membership though my current one does not expire until next year.

While on Indy at Dland, my padawan and I spotted the crate marked "Ship to Club Obi Wan" which we thought was too funny for words.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Last night on ABC World news they were talking about Al Qaeda's revitalization in the mountains of Pakistan & our governments efforts to make sure Mubarik's government remains our ally. And the newscaster said, "A top government official stated,'We don't want Pakistan to go over to the Dark Side."

Had to be Chaney. Do you guys think it was Chaney. Chaney stopped one of the guys with the Star Wars cars one time.

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    [image=http://bp1.blogger.com/_9GHoR-RJLy8/ReD6l9BwYFI/AAAAAAAAADs/tbQOFOlOB40/s1600/StarWarsawesome.jpg]

5. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Sunday's Family Guy: Lando Calrissian's co-pilot from ROTJ was Quagmire's co-pilot. (I didn't know Quagmire was an airline pilot.)

6. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    The History channel did a program on the Dark Ages. They were up to the part where the Byzantines wanted to revive the Roman Empire, taking back the areas around the Mediterranean from Barbarians and other warlords. They called that segment, "The Empire Strikes Back."

7. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Aww I missed Family Guy.

If you've got 4 minutes and can listen at work or home:
    John Willams

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, we knew something was up for the 30th Anniversary, but this might be going beyond the pale. This is on the front page of TF.N; someone who looks like they work at the USPS sent the pictures in:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/0008852.jpg]

Yes, they are United States mail boxes. They will be on the street shortly.

9. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    we're gonna need a pic of a Leia sending mail, asap

10. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    AWESOME.

They *might* have a theft problem with those...even moreso than those Yoda statues. I wonder if stealing Federal property is a worse offense than stealing other property.

11. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    well, first of all, its theft on a federal level, which is never good. second of all, its mail tampering.

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Please don't steal them! We don't want to give SW fans a bad name, after all...:( Not to mention the Federal Offense, ruining the enjoyment of the general public and our celebration of the 30th, plus some really BAD KARMA! But, how about a whole gallery of us posing with them? If you see one, get a pic!!!

13. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hahaha, I HOPE you didn't take that the wrong way! Um, I gave up my (petty) theft days when I turned 18. I ain't goin' to jail for something stupid like that! :p

14. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Oh no, ES, I didn't mean you! It had just occurred to me that some fans might take that idea and run with it! Fans not of the LAFF variety, of course! :)

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My first thought when seeing those mail boxes was I must have one! How do I acquire one? The of course my rational side kicked in about Federal theft and mail tampering which was quickly pointed out by Lowbacca, I believe. Man!

Oh, so yesterday, while parked at the Pavilions parking lot waiting for my flu prescriptions to be filled, someone left a "Jedi knights" card on my car windshield. My first thought was, oh no, I got a ticket (they are very strict in that parking lot) and then when I realized what it was I chuckled and wondered how they knew. I looked out my rear view mirror and saw one of my JR produced Star Wars stickers and figured it out. I guess the personalized plate helped too. Any way, I'm considering writing and thanking the person for the card but also mentioning that I am part of a group much closer than the Jedi knights (this person is in Hesperia). Anyone know anything about this group?

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    The fellow that makes the DH-17s in in Hesperia! He's in the Rebel Legion. He's very active, and was probably over here this weekend! Hmmmm!

EDIT: He says it was not him...I need more clues! :D

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    There was a woman's name at the back of the card but I've misplaced it now so I don't know it. If I find it I'll let you know.

While out shopping for fabric for my padawan's role in the school musical, I came across a bolt of cotton flannel. It was blue and all it really had was "STAR WARS" printed on it. I bought the bolt. I'm thinking of pajamas.

18. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Ah, so that's what you're sewing! (I asked in the other thread where you told us about your new awesome machine!)

Cool! I have several varieties of SW fabric at home...I'm going to make throw pillows for the new room, which will also house my collection of Yodas and other SW goodies!

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I must have one of those mailboxes!
    I did hear something about SW stamps. I guess this confirms it. The link that's printed onthe mailboxes do not work yet. Star Wars Stamps!!

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I tried that link too! I can't wait for the stamps...I'm going to buy a massive quantity!

21. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    RE: R2 Mailboxes

The teaser trailer is up:

http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/teaser/success.html?route=s

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Awesome-a!

23. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    I want this!!

Nesting dolls - Star Wars Matryoshka Dolls
    http://starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/news20070315.html

24. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Just saw one of the R2 mailboxes right next to Warner Bros.
    They did not paint the boxes (no surprise) instead there is a magnetic
    covering on it.

Cool looking - wish I had my camera!

25. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I was going to go check out the one near the lining up spot this morning -- but the WB lot is a lot closer! What are the cross streets, JV?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.