main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Jedi (Fallen Order, Survivor) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Jun 9, 2018.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm only around 45 minutes into the game but I'm digging it. It does however feel odd to see a black helmeted, dark side user slicing people up with a red lightsaber in this era that is NOT Darth Vader. I've been a Star Wars fan since the beginning so I've had it in my head for decades that Vader was the only saber wielding dark sider during this time period so it feels odd for the game to say, "well actually Vader wasn't the only dark sider slicing fools in this part of the timeline."

From a gameplay perspective I get why the big bad is wielding a lightsaber but that doesn't change my feeling that the second sister is a blatant Vader knockoff. In addition to the saber she even has a Vader inspired helmet. It makes sense that Kylo Ren would have a helmet like that, and being a Vader wannabe is actually the point of Kylo Ren, but why does the second sister have a helmet like that too. She's obviously a stand-in for Vader. Maybe all of this will be explained later. Like I said I way early in the game.

None of that is a dealbreaker for me but it does come across as fan-fiction a little bit.

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    The Inqusitorius has been a thing for like five years now. They've shown up in Rebels and across a few comics.

Slater, Zer0, Jedi Ben and 2 others like this.
  3. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Played a few more hours but barely got anywhere.

Ive fallen through the floor all over kashyyk, but you don't die so you have to exit and go back in,erasing progress.

Have straight up frozen loading between different textures, like exiting a facility back into jungle.

Great game but probably should've gotten on pc or get an X1X since base model X1 seems unable to keep up.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  4. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah that seems weird to me too.

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    How so?

6. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Just because we never heard of them during the OT. The narrative in the OT seemed to be that it was Vader that killed off the Jedi. Then five years ago they retroactively say that there's a group called The Inquisitorius and they helped track down and kill the Jedi? It's a total retcon.

Then again you're talking to somebody that also thought it was lame that a bunch of clone troopers, (who lets face it, are just stormtroopers) were able to kill off a bunch of Jedi in the PT movies.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How else were they supposed to kill all the jedi

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Evil sentient sponges, dripping with deadly acid. Sadly Fox forced Lucas to compromise on his original vision.

Zer0, SuperWatto, Chewgumma and 2 others like this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Before the PT came out I assumed that Vader spent years personally hunting them all down.

10. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Before the PT came out the Star Wars RPG had already established the Imperial Inquisitorious.

IG: @jedisufism

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah, I tried it on Jedi Master for awhile but kept getting toasted by even small crawler creatures and scout troopers, bumped it down to Jedi Knight and it's more playable less frustrating. I put it back to Jedi Master by the time the final level ending but I'm pretty sure that part is on rails and you can't actually "die" in the battle anyway so when I made it to the next planet, Master still kicked me around so I think I am sticking with Jedi Knight. (I guess I haven't played many mele games after all).Sure as heck aren't using Story Mode. Koatu website listed Jedi Master as Hard difficulty basically so yah, I can dig Normal mode.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Where difficulty is concerned I tend to have it in for game websites, as they tend to be elitist bastards who go around advocating playing on the hardest difficulty - see Titanfall 2..

solojones and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Which is funny, because we've seen from enough footage that most game journalists can barely play the video games they review. Anyone remember the cuphead and Doom 2016 footage? Lmfao.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    In all honesty, I think Respawn should have done what ID ended up doing with Doom Eternal and delayed Fallen Order to allow for some final passes at optimisation. There are times when playing it straight up feels like development code, rather than retail.

Just look how long it takes the enemies to spawn in this area for example.

I'm guessing EA and/or Disney wouldn't let the game slip out of the arbitrary "Triple Force Friday" window though.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah there was no way this wasn't coming out around the same time BF and BFII did which were right before the release of the SE movies.

I will say, I haven't noticed anything on my two runs (PS4Pro, yo) aside from some periodic odd clipping on the clothing but I've been used to odd 3D model clipping since the N64 days so lets call it a throwback

I plan to take my time with this game (I always do with everything for like months), and they put out a Zero Day Patch, so I'm assuming in the next few weeks they'll be a few more.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Skipping replies. I’m really starting to get some long glitches going on Xbox X on Zeffo in tomb.
    Like min long freeze screens.

pissing me off.

anyone else starting then? Tag and let me know. Won’t read anything otherwise till I beat this game.

I’m enjoying the hell out the game up to now.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Yeah it was definitely EA/Disney/Lucasfilm that wouldn't consider letting this slip. I watched the making of content including in the deluxe edition. The devs were definitely stressed and running out of time. There will be a patch for consoles later this week, likely the first of many to come.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I love the game so far but yes, it needed more time to cook. The first three areas/planets ran smooth for me, but kashyyyk was slowing down constantly and one time the game crashed. here are some of my other thoughts.

1. I love the introduction to cal and his planet, I wish we got to stay there longer, that went by way too quick.
    2. love the second sister she is menacing, and the way she talks to cal is the way a predator talks and stalks its prey.
    3. Loved all the other characters that I have met so far
    4. I do wish they had more dialogue outside of story moments and custscenes though.
    5. I really like the combat a lot, you feel strong enough without feeling invincible. Im playing on jedi master
    6. I do think the jump button is bad and way too floaty.
    7. Im playing on a base ps4 and have had next to no issues, minus and odd glitch here are there until I got to kashyyyk
    8. The levels do seem kind of empty, until you get to kashyyyk. I wish we interacted with a couple more NPCS or had some side missions
    9. game seems to have no side quest just side content.
    10. this game is not an action adventure game, it is an adventure action game, be prepared to do a lot of puzzles and traveling. (I love puzzles)
    11. Finally the story so far seems to be like a really good episode of clone wars or rebels.

Overall I would give the game an 8.5 to 9

19. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    At first I thought the same as you, why were inquisitors never mentioned in the OT, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense to me. I think there are only 13 or so inquisitors so not a lot. The galaxy is huge so it makes sense that vader was not the only one hunting down rouge jedi. I know a lot of them died and im guessing by a new hope, the emperor might have offed the rest, to keep his power safe. Here is some detail about the ones that we know have died.

Originally, only one Inquisitor, the leader of the faction, was dispatched to hunt down the Jedi on Lothal.
    However, after his death, Darth Vader dispatched two new Inquisitors: the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister. Vader also sent the Eighth Brother to hunt down the former Sith Lord, Maul. Both the Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister were killed by Maul on Malachor while the Eighth Brother fell to his death from atop of the Malachor Sith Temple. The Sixth Brother perished over a decade previously as a result of a confrontation with Ahsoka Tano.

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Also, it needs to be said:

Every single one of you who is playing and enjoying this game - go and buy Titanfall 2.

Do it. Now.

ZanderSolo and Chewgumma like this.
  21. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Just finished it.

Has sequel hook. It's pretty decent but I already know I'll get no additional playtime out of it. It'll be a sell back tomorrow afternoon

22. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Twilight of the Apprentice was a great few episodes in Rebels, featuring strong presences by Maul, Tano, and Vader.

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah if anyone needs crash course in Rebels and Inquistors, Twilight of the Apprentice is the best episode to go with (it's at the end of season 2)

And at the start of the game you find a holocron with a message

from Obi-Wan Kenobi and it's the same message in S1 E2 of Rebels

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea Lucasfilm had a lot more involvement than I thought they would in the game.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Okay. Had an update that downloaded on xb1 and then I played, got to the undergeound jail and all the cutscene dialogue when silent.

Does it make sense to uninstall and reinstall?

IG: @jedisufism