main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Jedi (Fallen Order, Survivor) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I think my favorite planet was Zeffo, loved exploring the tombs, it was a cool version of Star Wars that reminded me of KOTOR. The fight on top of the sarcophagus might be my favorite set piece of the game, and the confrontation with Trilla is electric. But I loved all the planets, I think they did an excellent job with the game all around.

@BigAl6ft6 one tactic that works very well against the night brothers is to grab them with an upgraded force pull and run them through with the lightsaber. Makes fights much easier when you kill one or two right off the bat.

2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I used that tactic a lot too. If you're close to a level up, I found a decent grinding spot at the save point just before the fight with Taron Malicos where you can use it to quickly kill two nightbrothers, then reflect the archer's arrows at the top back at him, rest at the save point and repeat for quick XP.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  3. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Here's some of the concept art for the main characters:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've tried searching for the concept art for Merrin and Malicos, but couldn't find it. Anyone else found it?

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  5. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    The custom combat challenges look very cool, gonna have to check this out. And the red lightsaber might not be lore-friendly but damn if it doesn't look awesome!

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Cool! I will take a free update.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Oooh. Really happy that they released Inquistor Cal. Definitely gotta fire this back up again!

8. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

The skin is there and already playable. All they had to do was make some minor file tweaks. And I'm grateful that they did. Respawn didn't have to do anything to mark today, yet they've clearly been planning this update for a while.

Blessed Respawn.

LloydChristmas and solojones like this.
  9. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I was jumping onto this again anyway, but the new additions make it worth it. I'm not getting onto the meditation challenges anytime soon, as I jumped into a New Journey+. Same difficulty as previously, but with my experience playing, I'm having an easier time of things. Take jumping to Dathomir to get the dualsaber early, for example. Something which took me about three hours I've done in ten minutes. And now I have a dualsaber rocking the red crystal.

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    WHAT THE HELL THIS IS AWESOME

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We get a update for Fallen Order

What did it cost?

Live service for Battlefront 2

I joke but I am really excited to give the game another go

darkspine10 likes this.
  12. Triad Moons

Triad Moons Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 14, 2020
    @Jedi Knight Fett Are they discontinuing the service for Battlefront 2 or just not updating their online component any further?

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ^ no more dlc, likely no more patches or bug fixes. will still be able to play online for a long time, i imagine.

Triad Moons likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just no longer updating it. They did say they’ll be a few more bug fixes but that’s it. Online play isn’t going anywhere anytime soon

Triad Moons likes this.
  15. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m happy they gave an update but it’s to late for me...I’ve moved on since beating in November and not going back anytime soon. Have way to many games to get to to go back now. So I’m kinda pissed off as well lol.

16. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I got this for xmas and still haven't played it yet sadly. I'm off from work tomorrow so I'm going to finally boot it up and play a few missions.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Glitterstimm likes this.
  18. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I hope the next franchise installment features Cal. I understand the criticisms that he's a vanilla hero, but his characterization was appropriate for a padawan imo, and there is still so much of his story ahead of him. I'd especially love to see how his relationship with Merrin develops, some romance would be great and could open up some fascinating contrasts to Anakin/Padme.

I can understand why they'd be interested in branching out to other stories and explore new settings, but if the sequel is still in the "dark times" then I hope they stick with Cal.

Slater and LloydChristmas like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it would be best to have another game for Cal and then Branch out to different titles. The story is there and you have a guaranteed audience

Triad Moons and Glitterstimm like this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love it if the gava Cal and Merrin 2 others games to develop and finnish their arcs. Either they die or go to the unkown regions where the empire can't find them.

Slater and Glitterstimm like this.
  21. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Cal's a bit vanilla, but he worked perfectly well enough for me. I was surprised honestly, because I find the actor annoying elsewhere and so expected him to drag it down for me, but no, he worked. Gonna be honest though, I want a direct sequel just to see what they do with Merrin. She was the thing that piqued my interest in the game after writing it off when seeing the initial demos, so I'd love to see her fleshed out a bit. I'd also love if we got to see a bit of crossover with another Star Wars property. We got Saw last time, maybe something with Mandalore given how much recent Star Wars has been focused on them?

Mia Mesharad and Glitterstimm like this.
  22. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Cal's vanilla because he's the stock Star Wars protagonist. There's nothing wrong with that fact, just as there's nothing wrong with Rey having followed that archetype. (I wonder why specific audiences let Cal off that hook though. [face_thinking]) He's an audience surrogate for events to happen through, he's not meant to be especially deep or realised.

As for panicking about the sequel not having Cal, I think that's unnecessary. There might be a time jump, but all they meant by saying that Respawn's series was a "New franchise" was that this is a new series of games within the wider Star Wars brand. The same way that Rebels and The Clone Wars are independent franchises.

23. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I don't want to start a ST debate, but I personally appreciated Cal more than Rey because he has a knowable history that informs his character development. He's vanilla, but he's not a blank slate either. His relationship to familiar GFFA institutions supports his worldview and help us understand his decisions. That's why his potential relationship with Merrin could be so intriguing. On top of her being an intriguing character in her own right with her own backstory, it could challenge his commitment to the Jedi code on the question of love, and also on using the dark side. I think Rey was a fascinating concept for a character that could have explored these ideas as well, but it felt like the execution didn't really pan out, maybe because of Abrams and Johnson crossing their wires.

Triad Moons likes this.
  24. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    You lost me at GFFA sorry. I don't want to sound a **** but a character isn't a character if it relies on support from stories in other media to support it. On top of that, Cal overcomes trauma that made him forget his connection to the force through undergoing extra trauma. So his character arc is actually unhealthy. He doesn't help people within his means, he pushes himself to deathly limits to uncover his strength. It's a message that's pretty comparatively ****ed up, speaking as someone disabled.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I will say that Rey is a better character then Cal, he is kinda bland and the only intresting thing about him is his survival and his relation with his master. Merrin was the true star of the game.