main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Jedi (Fallen Order, Survivor) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Why? I played on Story, found it tricky enough - there's nothing wrong with doing so.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Hell, I’m not. I had a blast playing this game. I know if I was playing it on a higher difficulty I’d just end up getting frustrated and turning it off.

3. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I never thought I'd like difficulties higher than Story Mode, but once I got the combat rhythm down, the higher difficulties become an absolute blast

There's the learning curve, sure, but that's to be expected with these kinds of games, and once you get it down, you'll be dodging, parrying, and mopping the floor with enemies that used to take you thirty tries

It's why Meditation Training exists

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    darthcaedus1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  4. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017

You really don't wanna mess with Oggdo Boggdo
    (It also takes about four of them to take out Inquisitor Cal)

And why have one Cal when you can have six?

BigAl6ft6 and Glitterstimm like this.
  5. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017

I'm way too pleased with how that battle ended.
    And while I'm leagues away from a no damage run, Cal's still a lot of fun on Grand Master

darthcaedus1138 and Glitterstimm like this.
  6. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017

I'm so glad I was able to get that shot for the thumbnail.
    Do wish there was slightly more control and you could move/rotate each actor to specific areas, but at least we have it at all.
    [​IMG]

Also rather surprised Sorc Tormo's arena doesn't have a meditation arena

Vialco and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  7. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017

The sync of the saber strike and kick with the music at 1:11 cracks me up every time

Glitterstimm likes this.
  8. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017

Figured out how to get more than 20FPS, which means I have to learn the timing for everything again because it's that much more fluid and animated
    But I'll take any reason to play the game again

Glitterstimm likes this.
  9. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Is there a Fallen Order Novelization?

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Nope, there is a comic miniseries but that's all.

11. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    And the comic is a prequel featuring Cere and her master, whose name escapes me.

IG: @jedisufism

Outsourced likes this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Finally Completed it on Grandmaster setting :cool:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  13. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017
    50+ tries later, and finally got through it

Such a satisfying game

Glitterstimm and fett 4 like this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agreed, fingers crossed the sequel is just as good :)

Lol New Game plus is funny from a story perspective. Imagine working in a Scrap Yard in an Imperial Inquisitor Uniform and that not sticking out [face_laugh]

solojones and Vinylshadow like this.
  15. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017
    Cosmetics are a lot of fun, like wearing a lurid pink poncho and an eye-searing orange suit with a pink lightsaber during a heartfelt speech about freeing Kashyyyk - why yes I am taking this game completely seriously, why do you ask? :p

Plus, you can have some fun story-wise by pretending you're a rogue Inquisitor or something

BigAl6ft6, fett 4 and darkspine10 like this.
  16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Quick question as I need to know but how do you beat Jaro Tapal on the Battle Grid ?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017
    You can't. He's just a field hazard since he uses the same AI as in the visions on Dathomir rather than a proper fight

Was hoping we'd get an update that made him and Vader into proper Meditation fights, but alas, that seems out of the cards

fett 4 and Vialco like this.
  18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Then why put him on the grid if you can't kill him ? . They shouldve put Vader on there too imo

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017
    He attacks everything, so you can use him to distract enemies if you need to heal and get your bearings again
    It's also fun watching him take out Inquisitor Cal with the same three moves while blocking everything thrown at him

Perusing the art book and Eno Cordova went through a phase of being the same species as Ki-Adi Mundi, and I wish they'd kept that
    Also never noticed that the Outer and inner part of the vault on Bogano look like Tapal's saber emitter (Tapal also went through a few Zabrak designs)

Shyyo Bird was originally more blue

Project Auger was the Zeffo operation and focused on rapid excavation of artifacts for Palpatine
    Project Siphon was the Kashyyyk operation and focused on harvesting tree sap, which could be refined into many things, including explosives

Tomb designs show the slow fall of the Zeffo - going from carefree, to becoming rigid, and finally brutalist

fett 4 likes this.
  20. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017

Lotta rather silly interactions there, like triggering Malicos' "flying back after taking enough damage in order to get distance from the player" TWICE thanks to throwing the saber after the split-saber attack 20 seconds in, followed by throwing the lightsaber behind him, breaking his guard, and scoring a hit as the saber comes back at 60 seconds, followed by a flourish that's usually single-blade only but looks really flashy with both blades active

Note to self: precision-dodging Force Push really doesn't do anything compared to just holding the Block button - although I guess there is the whole "get a little Force back for your troubles" so...

21. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Next Gen update is out by all accounts.

Looking at the updates and the general tweaks, I'm mildly tempted to get it again and have another run through. The game spot Zeffo demo looks like its a solid step up on the version I played.

Maybe one to consider after Cyberpunk/Tsushima and the various other games on my backlog

Glitterstimm likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh? I'll have to give it a look.

23. Vinylshadow

Sep 3, 2017

I don't know why the game runs better on higher graphical settings, but I'll take it

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I finally got this game a while ago, and finished it last night (but on story mode, so apparently I have missed the point of the entire story, going by certain opinions in this thread :p ).

I loved it! One of my favorite Star Wars games ever, and I have played a lot of them.
    It really feels like a part of the canon, and I got really invested in the story and characters.
    And while I have some minor issues with the controls, on the whole I found it to be a lot of fun, with mostly great gameplay.
    I hope for a proper Force Jump in the sequel though.

25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I just want to say, I played on easy for most the game, but I also don't care what difficulty level anyone plays on. And I also don't understand people who care about OTHER people's difficulty preferences.