main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Jedi (Fallen Order, Survivor) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Jun 9, 2018.

1. dg1995

dg1995 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 4, 2019
    Yeah but if they wanted to make a 1st person they would just use their Titanfall engine.(Source Engine)

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Their version of Source is incredibly heavily modified. If you compare their version used for Titanfall with the version that Valve uses, it's like night and day. It would make sense that they'd use an engine that is capable of doing what they need it to do out of the box, instead of having to constantly modify an engine that's years behind UE4 visually and technically.

3. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    The main character could be a young Kanan.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    That rumor post from reddit is very enticing! Basically a laundry list of everything I'd want in a single player 3rd person action/rpg.

[​IMG]
    If this is legit, looks like the main character is definitely not Ahsoka :(, but that little droid thing seems to support the other list of rumors that talked about a small backpack droid.
    As to the idea that it could be a 1st person game . . . that seems extremely unlikely. Everything we've heard about it officially thus far suggests that it is trying to be a distinctly different project from the Battlefront games. The fact that Respawn are known for their FPS games doesn't mean much really, it's not unusual for studios to make a game outside their wheelhouse. I think people are getting thrown off because of the relative secrecy surrounding its development, but that's probably more a result of Disney and EA's desire to tightly manage it's marketing rather than some big development issue.

dg1995 likes this.
  5. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    It’s confirmed to be a third person game. And that image is official. Amazon has since removed it.

dg1995 likes this.
  6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I would the game to have Sekiro/Nioh style combat with the traditional Fromsoft level design and exploration.

I doubt it will but if it did lean into that style of game as some have suggested it would definitely be more accessible and forgiving.

They want this game to sell well and be popular. EA in particular needs this to move units given Battlefront 2’s launch and the absolute dumpster fire that is Anthem.

I am very optimistic though.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  7. dg1995

Jan 4, 2019
    For EA's future, I think that in the next 5-6 years they will abandon AAA games scene.(And just focus on FIFA , Madden and some mobile games)

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For all I can see the reason for thinking this, unpalatable as it may be, for all that EA may talk about under-performance, they are still raking it in.

Yes, they talk of cut-backs, of stock falls but they are still making billions out of the much-opposed but successful 'game as live service' model, especially in sports game.

https://www.vgr.com/ea-2019-earnings-battlefield-5-sales/
    EA has now revised their projected revenue for the 2019 financial year, as initially reported by Seeking Alpha. Previously, the company had projected earnings of $5.5 billion, but that figure now stands at $5.2.

For most companies a loss of $350m would be quite a hit, but with EA still taking in +$5bn.... They ain't going anywhere.

Glitterstimm and Outsourced like this.
  9. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    No doubt they are actually making a hell of a profit, I still think they would like some positivity and successful launch, good word of mouth etc.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't think they give a crap about that Andrew. I agree it seems strange but looking at how they've been and are continuing to be.....

11. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]
    I'm really digging the vibes emanating from the poster. Very Skyrim-esque.

Baron_Papanerd and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. dg1995

Jan 4, 2019
    So far they have shown that Vader Nightmare VR game trailer.

For one moment I thought that it's Jedi Fallen Order(And you play as a droid in the whole game.)

When will they show the trailer of Jedi Fallen Order ?

13. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    We know when the Jedi: Fallen Order panel is so there's no reason at all to be impatient in waiting for it. 13/April [Tomorrow] 13:30 CDT / 19:30 BST.

dg1995 likes this.
  14. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Vince Zampella was on the Star Wars Show and just said it will have "no multiplayer, no micro-transactions."

Phew!

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Cue Season Pass(es).

Either that or EA are banking on it selling ****loads.

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Or...
    Disney: We've had enough of the bad publicity you create for us EA. Make us a good, old fashioned single player game with absolutely no BS monetisation, or BS multiple launch date charts, or BS day1 DLC, or BS season pa$$ costing double the price of the game. Your job with this game is to boost fan excitement for our movie, not to rip them off and kill all hype. If you don't manage to do this then our lawyers will be in touch with you.:mad:

EA:......[face_nail_biting]okay.

dg1995, Glitterstimm and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    4-month delayed Season Passes.

Outsourced likes this.
  18. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Aaaaaand preordered. Love me a single player story game.

Kriff loot boxes.

Still would love platinum games/ninja theory to make an arpg hack and slash a la bayonetta/DMC though.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Pre-order bonuses, they are evil also. Don't support them.

Outsourced likes this.
  20. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    I too hate preorder bonuses (with a burning passion since i have to buy a game at 726450 stores to get everything).

I preorder these days to prevent paying full price at launch, and solely for that reason.

Also amazon doesnt have it listed yet, it'll probably go up after the panel tomorrow.

21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Are games cheaper if you pre-order them?

22. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    If their season passes have the same quantity and quality as old fashioned expansions to video games then I'll happily pay up. For example, the expansions that CD Projekt Red put out for Witcher 3 were excellent and not a rip off at all. But it's probably too much to expect that from EA. :(

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Generally yes.

I try to make it a point not to buy single player games at release since im not missing any catchup online events. But ill happily support a release day for a SW story only game. If we don't we wont get any more of them. Only BF2 loot box cash grabs.

Any others though i wait for psn/live/steam sales at like 50% off or more.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Which is the rub, isn't it?

Expansions I've enjoyed have been the Witcher duo, HZD's Frozen Wilds and AC Origins pair Hidden Ones and Curse of the Pharaohs, they all added to and enhanced the games quite a bit. Still need to finish Frozen Wilds.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Frozen Wilds is an excellent expansion which I have finished

Blood and wine is also excellent but I have not yet finished it