main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Jedi (Fallen Order, Survivor) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

Fallen Order sounds too generic, but Battlefront doesn't? Battlefront is literally just a title that is legally distinct from, yet similar enough to make it clear that it was inspired by the Battlefield franchise. It's a title that's as generic as it gets for a shooter.

Outsourced likes this.
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I like how people are bringing up how generic 'Battlefront' is as a name instead of how the alternative names @dg1995 provided were 'Jedi Knight 2019' and 'The Force Unleashed 2019'.

Chewgumma likes this.
  3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Those just went without saying.

I just wanted to use the excuse to, once again, fly in the face of the all too prevalent opinion around these parts that Star Wars Battlefront was a perfect game that is the pinnacle of game design. And naming conventions, apparently.

4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Plus why jedi knight, when you aren't and never will be. And force unleashed, will never be a title for a game in canon, cause the force can never be unleashed. Lol.

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, it's already been awakened. Being unleashed after that would just be redundant.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  6. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess and i think force unleashed in terms of the force will never happen in canon. Legends is bygones.:p

7. dg1995

dg1995 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 4, 2019
    We had Space Flying force power in episode 8(And Force projection from another planet) so I'm not too sure about that.

And since some rumors are around that this game is inspired from The Force Unleashed it would be a perfect name for it.(And I want to see Jedi Knight or TFU alive in some form than remaining dead like all the SW game franchises excluding Battlefront.)

Edit: And I'm pretty sure they can make uncanon games if they want.(They still keep making TOR expansions.)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    That's the point though. The Battlefront name can be revived. It's effectively the same name as Battlefield, with no specific distinctions to its name other than being a multiplayer shooter. Jedi Knight and The Force Unleashed have very specific distinctions to their names, tied into the series that were created with those names in mind.

And even if The Old Republic is still getting expansions and is no longer canon, it's also a big money-maker that's still pretty popular and an MMO. It will never be shut down unless Bioware dies [every possibility of that within the next year] or they have something to replace it [which is also never going to happen as other such projects have been unsuccessful].

Outsourced likes this.
  9. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I hope Fallen Order turns out well. I can't wait to get a look at it.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It's definitely coming out, no delays or push-backises or cancellations, they're literally promoting it as part of the tripple Force Friday promotion with Ep 9 and Mandalorian merch. It's the third spoke in the wheel, it has to come out in Oct!

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  11. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Are you holding your breath on that one?

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Metaphorically, absolutely. This game will come out win the Episode IX merch dive like Battlefront did for TFA and Battlefront II did for TLJ. Cross promotion is more important than deadlines. It's going out the door on that date. Disney wants it to.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  13. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    At celebration we will get to know very mutch of fallen order, plus we get a 2 minute trailer. Can't wait.

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  15. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  16. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Vialco and Glitterstimm like this.
  17. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

Gamma626, BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  18. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm pretty sure it's Mando in October with disney+, Fallen Order in November (as is typical with EA Star Wars games) and 9 in December. We'll get some cool merch in October for the game, possibly even a demo, but I expect it to hit in november for the full release.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    chrcharcor2 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Possible, unless the only thing for Fallen Order on that Oct 4th date would be, like, t-shirts or something (or the demo or just other merch). I'm just sticking to Oct. because they want to run the "Triple Force Friday" promotion which states:

Triple Force Friday, the latest in a tradition of Star Wars product launches, is set for October 4, Lucasfilm and Disney announced today. The event will see the debut of brand-new products inspired by three of the year’s biggest Star Wars releases, including:

• The highly anticipated, final installment of the Skywalker saga, Star Wars: Episode IX
    • The first-ever Star Wars live-action series, The Mandalorian, set to debut exclusively on the upcoming streaming service, Disney+.
    • The latest title from EA and Respawn — Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — a brand-new action-adventure game releasing holiday 2019

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m hoping the story is substantial.

21. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I've read that it is about a padawan who survives order 66.

Reminds me a little of the Rebels animated series, but it could have potential of its own.

I think games like this with new characters and storylines outside of the movies are great, but what is missing is more games that follow the movies themselves. I want to play through the entire plot of the whole saga.

22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! The hero of the game dies in the end.

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, Kanan Jarrus did meet the same fate as all his brethren in the end.

[​IMG]

24. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
  25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Could be. It doesn't make sense that there are a bunch of people with Sith lightsabers in the background considering that Vader was the only saber wielding Sith during that time period.