main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Jedi (Fallen Order, Survivor) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Jun 9, 2018.

1. dg1995

dg1995 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 4, 2019
    Next saturday they will show a trailer.

I personally would love to have Sam Witwer as the main character in this game.(even though it's highly unlikely)

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I want this to be an Ahsoka game. [face_praying]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    That looks so much better than it did before. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. Casper11

Casper11 Jedi Padawan

Sep 26, 2017
  5. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Please oh please oh please let this be a quality game that isn't 6 hours long.

6. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I know I should never feel excited for an EA game because they ruin everything and always dissapoint you in the end, but I just can't help it!

7. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    The big EA mark on the logo is a bit of an eyesore. Especially since Respawn are the ones working on the game but of course EA would want to take most of the credit. Other than that, the logo is pretty good. Loving that lightsaber!

Glitterstimm and dg1995 like this.
  8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I was going to post the same about the EA mark on the title logos and their arrogance. But then I realised it will be helpful in the future to know which are the games that were produced in this terrible period of Star Wars video game production, just by looking at the title logo.

dg1995 likes this.
  9. dg1995

Jan 4, 2019
    Imo this game has more chances of success than previous SW games caus Respawn still hasn't been fully corrupted by EA.

I think this game will be a mix of TFU (since it had the best force powers in sw games),Darksouls and some RPG mechanics to force the players to grind and grind to get the most powerful lightsaber crystals.

For JK they wont bother with mechanics of that game because JK mechanics wont work that great on controllers.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  10. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Pretty much nothing in Respawn's history of development leads me to believe that any of this will happen. Respawn has always been an FPS studio comprised largely of people that worked on the Call of Duty series. I can't imagine they'll do a complete 180 to make something entirely different than the one thing they've had a lot of practice with.

11. dg1995

Jan 4, 2019
    They have God Of War 3 director from what I've seen in the news.
    And it's going to be 3rd person so no 1st person unless getting a mod on pc.

12. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    So? It's unclear whether he's even working on Fallen Order. And even if he is, making games is a collaborative process, and the entire team is geared towards FPS. I don't think they're going to deviate completely from that. The farthest I can see them going is maybe a hybrid melee/shooting action adventure game. Certainly not a Soulslike RPG with TFU level force powers.

The quote about the game being third person was made almost three years ago. That would be fairly early in the game's development. It's entirely possible that they're no longer going in that direction, or they're doing what Battlefront 2 does and allowing you to switch between first and third person.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Hoping the protag has a kid. Named kyle. With a beard.

And Jedi Academy like saber combat but more intricate.

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Indeed. A lengthy campaign, a good story and good gameplay. Please!

15. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    PLEASE just be good! It's literally all I ask for at this point.

(Also, the campaign not devolving into a showcase of random movie characters like BF2 would be nice).

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I will be shocked if Jedi:FO is not a God of War clone. As @dg1995 said, the development team is led by the director of GoW3 Stig Asmussen. The development team responsible for the Titanfall games were busy making Apex Legends.

17. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I'd be shocked if it was. God of War hasn't really been relevant in its original incarnation for something like 10 years now. God of War (PS4) was big, but that was very divorced from the design of the original trilogy. As for your assertion that the team who made Titanfall wasn't involved in the production of JFO, I'd say that you have no evidence as to how Respawn decided to divide up their people in regards to the two projects. And considering that Respawn was made up almost entirely of Infinity Ward employees, and is headed by two former high-level Infinity Ward employees, I think entirely too much stock is being placed on the presence of Stig Asmussen in regards to what kind of game it will be.

18. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    It isn't gonna be a GOW clone. That's old hat for a licensed game at this point, and it's a little goofy to assume the director of this game is gonna make it a clone of the only other game he's directed. A game that released over half a decade ago at that.

Outsourced likes this.
  19. dg1995

Jan 4, 2019
    Their graphic engine is Unreal 4 so I don't think it will be a 1st person game.

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I wish I could be excited about this game but...

1) EA. The ruin everything.
    2) Respawn being thrall of EA. Titanfall 3 was killed off or otherwise utterly delayed to provide EA with the free to play BR thing that is Apex Legends.
    3) EA. Did I say they ruin everything?
    4) It'll probably be an Ep. 9 tie-in and tbh, that makes me even more ambivalent.

21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Neither.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Glitterstimm and dg1995 like this.
  23. dg1995

Jan 4, 2019
    Well, it is set between episode 3 and 4 so I don't think it's a tie in with episode 9.

@Fredrik Vallestrand : If it turns out fake I guess that guy has stolen that "Similar to dark souls" from me.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it's legit, most if not all seems to fit in with the timeline and lore. We now by saturday anyway. I love the touch of Uncharted into this game.

25. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    UE4 is an incredibly versatile engine that was literally built on the Unreal series of first person shooters.