main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am also intrigued by this character. I really like the focus on his long life and the different kind of perspective that brings, and the kind of history he might have had. I also like the idea of him thinking of himself as a chivalrous person who respects the strength of fellow warriors, rather than being a simple brute.

Both make me really curious what his actual plans and objectives are, and why exactly he ends up as an antagonist to Cal - he certainly doesn't seem imperial at the very least. His relationship with mysterious tube jedi also sounds like it could be interesting, and I want to see how both play off of Cal and each other.

Also, I find amusing that he and his group of marauders have orange and off-white coloring, like the rebel alliance and old republic. Especially since their look also reminds me of the Cloud Riders - any chance this might be an extremist rebel cell who initially are allied with Cal but have a falling out over methods? Probably not, but it would be fun.

Oh, speaking of their marauder look, the tube jedi having a high republic robe, and the Gen'Dai's age - perhaps the Bedlam Marauders are descended from the Nihil somehow? If nothing else, I wonder what Rayvis was doing during the Nihil crisis, since it sounds like he was old enough to have been around then.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now I wonder outside of the Bosses can you defeat the game without killing anyone? Or anything?

wait no you have to kill that stormtroopers during the tutorial. But I do wonder if you have to kill any animals in the game? That I can’t figure out in my mind.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I still want to believe tube Jedi is somehow Barash. Now that the game won't be out until after The Blade is finished... Who knows?

4. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Given we see tube jedi shirtless in said tube in the trailer, I feel fairly confident that this is not her. Still, might have some kind of connection.

Dawud786 likes this.
  5. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Maybe so. And mysterious Jedi could be a traitor, that betrayed the Order for the Nihil.

Hope that something like this will be in the game's finale:

[​IMG]

AusStig, MercenaryAce and Dawud786 like this.
  6. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Therefore they should kill everything. No life no Suffering

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ok, Judge Death is in da house!

8. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    The Gen'dai seems like a bruiser boss, like 9th Sister was.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
  10. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    Wonder how different Survivor will be to FO, writing wise. Shame Chris wasn't brought back for the sequel

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Huh I didn't know you could embed IGN videos from their site

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Cue Doctor Who crossover with Captain Jack.

Fredrik Vallestrand and AusStig like this.
  15. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Giving Merrin a romance other than Cal? Mighty bold of them - personally I didn't get romantic vibes with her interactions with Cal, but I know I am very much in the minority there and how people can get about shipping. I salute the team for taking the risk, hope it works out.

16. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Oh Good we can still ship her with Cal. I would like to see these two develop more.

I think this is more a Sam Maggs thing, she evidently likes to write lesbians and said she would give Merrin a gf in her book. I am surprised they made her Pan (not that it would be odd in Star Wars mind) rather than just bi, but this allows her to have a gf in the book and still be the 'goth gf' (yes people call her that) for the guys who self insert to Cal.

So making her Pan is a form of risk mitigation I think.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Im reading Dynasty of Evil and gonna make a Hail Mary pass here and say the Dark Jedi is actually Set Harth, already established in legends to be alive during the time of the Empire

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  18. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Hope so. Seth is great fun.

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Just finished up the book - he calls himself “survivor” in the last few sentences of the epilogue.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    SPOILERS! Smelt IG_2000.

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm looking forward to this book before the game. There hasn't really been anything on the video gaming book front since TFU and I thought that was good.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    "Wants" does not equal "has".

Yet.

fett 4, Ghost and AusStig like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Nope, there's a big difference between "game director wants to do a trilogy" and "third game in development"

Would it be cool? Yes. How do we move it from the one to the other? Easy. Buy the next game.

And probably play the third one 2025 / 2026.