main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    No it's not. The Force Unleashed was also a planned trilogy, and #3 never happened. Then there's KOTOR.

JediFett10 and AusStig like this.
  2. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I’ve got the book pre-ordered so hopefully I’ll get it this week. I think you’re forgetting about the Inferno Squad book that tied in with Battlefront 2, it’s only been a few years since the last gaming tie-in book.

SWpants likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Took me 62 minutes to read, but it was amazing.

What a love triangle. Deary me this was an easy and swift read.

The Third (Fifth) Brother was fairly competent, which was delightful.

Merrin is an amazing PoV character I actually loved her so much and I was kinda vanilla on her beforehand.

Cere, Cal and everyone else was incredibly well-rounded, I loved them, to be honest.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Dont you mean fifth brother.

AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    62 minutes.... oh that figure is going to haunt you my friend.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Whyyyyyy?

panics

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, let's see:

- It's funny.
    - Are you going to try to beat it any time soon?
    - Finally.... Damn, you read fast!

JediFett10 and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Tee hee.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Do they ever explain how the Fifth Brother goes from normal looking eyes in Kenobi to white eyes in Rebels

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Why? Did Rogue One explain how Saw changed eye colours between TCW and Rogue One?

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe he got blind, lol.

12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well he was called Blind Inquisitor in the Rebels scripts so sounds like there was some story there [face_dunno]plus the fact that Fifth Brother in Kenobi only vaguely resembles the animated counterpart. Looks like two different character really

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Different meduims,

14. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    So we really need to revisit the live action VS animation thing again?

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    By the way, anyone find it weird that IGN had a special article about the droid type enemies of the game (plus the scout trooper with shield for some reason - are they secretly droids?), but hasn't followed it up with any other groups of foes, like wildlife or the organic Bedlam raiders?

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Probably a case of stuff they're permitted to show versus stuff they're not.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And as to that Keshiri, yes,
    Kesh is still off in Wild Space and never joined the Republic.

The Keshiri's Stormtroopers' parents left Kesh and briefly joined up with the Separatists. They're specifically called Keshiri and Kesh is mentioned so that's a thing.

She's ostensibly not Force sensitive so Tribe refugees that found a way off-world? [face_laugh]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021

Merrin as a companion and seems like a possibility to actually fly on LAAT/le patrol gunship in gameplay - it is just great.

Ghost, AusStig, SWpants and 4 others like this.
  19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    -Is it just me, or does Merrin's spear look kind of like the beskar spear from the Mandalorian? Evidence that the magistrate really was a nightsister.

-Looks like Cal tries to help some sort of rebel group on coruscant, possibly a group wearing modified underworld police armor?

-Still no sign of the senator from the first trailer. Wonder how important he will be. Looking at all the trailers, certainly seems like there is a lot going on.

-Frog guy!

-Frozen tube jedi definitely not a fan of the empire, still an antagonist. And yeah, if he is High Republic as seems to be the case, this would be quite the shock to wake up to.

-Wonder how the other guy in the spacesuit with the orange crossguard saber fits into this. I thought his saber was yellow last time, am I just crazy.

-Same purge trooper design. Weird, I thought they said the ones from Kenobi and this game were coordinated to show off the new design?

-A place the empire can't reach? Running from the fight? That rarely works out in star wars, though I do wonder if they might try to find a way to get Cal and co out of the way of the main story without killing them.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    @Darth Kronos

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Looking good.

If SW starts treating its galaxy as a galaxy then it ought to be possible to successfully hide from the Empire.

22. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I just finished up Battle Scars during my lunch break today. Then watching this trailer, seems like Cal does end up coming around more to Cere's thinking.

AusStig and MercenaryAce like this.
  23. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    That looks awesome.
    It also looks like it’ll trigger my motion sickness more than the original did :( I’ll need to really see the gameplay before committing, but it does indeed look like a great continuation.

24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I wonder if well see Bedlam (Planet) or find out why they named themselves bedlam riders

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Coruscant is NY and the rest of the galaxy is Upstate NY

you know, I didn’t make that connection for some reason. That would be funny if they somehow put the Bedlam Spirits in this game.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023