main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, they've put Rosenberg on the comic, pity.

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Why is that a bad thing? The only thing I've read by him is Star Wars 108, which was great.

kalzeth likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Maybe he got better but the Rocket mini that was the first time I read him wasn't good, then again this is probably academic as the chances of that mini getting an OHC release is very low.

Hell, getting any SW OHCs out of Marvel right now would be a miracle.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  4. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    One thing I'm really glad to see is the trooper variety in the game, something that wasn't handled very well in TFU II when compared to its predecessor in my opinion. Other than your regular stormtroopers and scout troopers you can see officer variants (recognisable by their orange pauldron) of both, and the Z-6 wielding heavy trooper has a new blue pauldron. I also appreciate that the flametrooper design is reminiscent of the snowtrooper one but with its own original touch, just like with the First Order one.
    I'm speculating here, but I would be surprised if jumptroopers didn't make an appearence in this type of game, hopefully with a Rebels-styled design.

Revanfan1 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

I like the specific mention of Metriodvania when approaching the gameplay. Linear's all well and good, but some exploration along the way really makes things more fun and interesting.

Revanfan1, starfish and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah the fact that it's not 100% linear definitely means this'll get a lot out of me. I'm expecting Saw for like Side Missions. "Lies! Deceptions!" Bonus points if you get hooked up to Bor Gullet.

8. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    While I really like what I've seen so far from the story, I'm a bit unsure about the gameplay. But maybe it will look much better on release. I also got super hyped seeing Saw again :D

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm surprised no one has mentioned from those who seen it that....

Tarrful is in the game in the Kashyyyk level, he's the one you have to find during that mission.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if we might see Chewbacca along with Tarful as they were both leaders and would have appeared together on the wokkie arc on TWC. This is also 5 years before we see him in Solo.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Since this was in the developer interview no spoilers

kalzeth likes this.
  12. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe the game will show us how Chewie is enslaved.

13. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Good.

kalzeth likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder whats her story and what happened to Barris?

kalzeth likes this.
  15. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Not that I've watched the video, but the developers aren't exactly going to spoil a secret like that this early. I'd chalk it up to "Cumberbatch isn't Khan".

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes that like Smith not being in eppisode 9;)

17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Except Ahsoka clearly faced off against Second Sister and didn't seem to recognize her in Rebels...

EDIT: Never mind, that's Seventh Sister. Second Sister could be Barriss. Why don't these Inquisitors have names??

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  18. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    A couple in the Vader comics have been given names. I assume they'll be revealed eventually in some reference book or other. But it also means existing characters can be hidden behind the masks (as the comic did, technically, with Prosset Dibs).

kalzeth and Daneira like this.
  19. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    I'd honestly be very disappointed if Barriss ended up being an inquisitor. The reason she betrayed Ashoka and the order is that she felt they were becoming corrupt, violent tyrants....which is what the Sydious and Vader openly are. Having her join the Empire would only make her become another stereotypical dark side villain.

Jedi Princess and kalzeth like this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But if she does not end up beng an agent of the empire, whats her finnshed story.?

21. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Barriss' best ending probably would be as a violent member of Saw Gerrerras Partisans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Long Snoot likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think she either died as a prisoner of clone troppers by order 66 or he somehow escaped an is in hiding like every other jedi. Doubt she Join Saw, who might be the only Rebel force at the momment.

kalzeth likes this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Matt Martin said...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I can't wait for the day when we finally get Barris Offee's fate...and it turns out to be a one page explanation of her killing herself offscreen in a book/comic :p