main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I am curious where they choose to go with this game's plot. If Cal dies, well... that's just a sucky end for a game. If the 2nd Sister dies, it's sort of like "ok. You killed another random one-time inquisitor. Congrats. You're still on the run." We've gone from Warlord of the Week to Inquisitor of the Day.

You know what went wrong with General Grievous? He was introduced on the scene when there were already too many villains. We knew Palpatine and Vader were the big shots, and GG would get unceremoniously ousted. And that's exactly what happened. 2nd Sister holds exactly the same role as GG did.

So they are stuck in this situation where killing the hero is unsatisfactory, and killing the villain is meh. The solution would be to throw some type of wrench in the works, like an unexpected 3rd party or weird twist.

Straight-up redeeming 2nd Sister might risk undermining Vader's redemption, and yet Star Wars is often about redemption. I suspect the plot is going to side that way, however, rather than give her the GG treatment. It would allow the hero his Big Good Deed and he can go on living.

The presence of the World Between Worlds portal in some of the promos does raise the possibility of some mind games, however. Time travel, especially time travel attempts to fix or alter the past and future, have been around in stories for millennia. It could be Cal and 2nd Sister end up duking it out over their own attempts at altering history.

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Honestly I feel more and more the Inquistor isn't gonna be the big bad of the game I think Vader will probably make an appearance in the end and take Cal down. Unless Cere is like a double agent or something. Or Cal himself falls to the dark side. But I do feel Vader will play a role, this game is going for more mainstream audiences in terms of it's sells and honestly EA NEEDS to play it safe after the debacles it's had with the First two battlefronts in order to win back at least the notion that it's a competent.

Like the marketing makes the Inquistor feel "Hey look...a cool thing...Look at the cool thing, buy our product" and even Saw (While awesome and makes sense in universe) still feel like "Hey remember this character from the movie...He's in the game too"

Also I feel like we are looking to much into the World Between World stuff, I think the developers themselves said we wouldn't see it in the game, but I could be wrong.

As for Cal, I think he's gonna die, cuz unless your Luke, Ashoka and maybe Ezra, it's fair game....But it could be like this

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2019
  3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Good point ^^^^

4. Crimson_Guard975

Crimson_Guard975 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 17, 2014
    I've noticed that so far we've never seen the Second Sister speak in any of the promos. That gives the impression that either
    A: There are a few "walking spoiler" elements to her character.
    or
    B: She's a filling a role similar to "The Dragon" in a James Bond movie (Oddjob, Jaws, Necros, Mr. Hinx). Or to use more Star Wars specific examples, Darth Maul, Jango/Boba Fett, or Captain Phasma.

Maybe it's because I play so many Assassin's Creed games (where the main villain almost never appears in the trailer), but I think that Second Sister's role will be similar to Kai Leng in Mass Effect 3 (the "catspaw" for the Empire for much of the narrative, but will be dealt with shortly before the final battle). Killing her would inevitably attract bigger fish, which might mean Vader. Cal's not exactly in his weight class, though, the best he could do would probably stall for time. So if Vader is an end boss, it would probably be a "stay on the bull for 8 seconds or longer" style challenge.

I figure most of the game-specific characters are likely to end up biting it, but I figure they're probably going to give themselves an ending that provides a bit of wiggle room. Like the ending for War for the Planet of the Apes: Potential setup for a fourth film if they wanted to do one, but if not, it also works as a sort of connect the dots for the older movies.

5. Crimson_Guard975

Crimson_Guard975 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 17, 2014
    Douple post, delete

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    WBW what? Where was this???

I never multiple ? Or !

This is how serious this is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think they confirmed it's not the WBW.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

At 17:55

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Saw this and thought it was interesting given Fallen Order

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If they want a sequel then Cal will not die, or if he does he had already taken a padawan sometime during the game play.

There is a good chance that either Darth Maul and Darth Vader appear in some capacity.

11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    What if it ends with him turned to the dark side and recruited to become an Inquisitor?
    So would they risk a sequel where you get to play an Inquisitor and if so would they be willing to have them go on the run like TFU2 did?
    How likely is it they might try that?

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    sounds like there's a Rebel Cell of Wookie Warriors led by Tarrful. There's a story I want to see. Come to think of it, the crew in Rebels did meet up with a bunch of Wookies out in space in like the first episode.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    PimpBacca, Mia Mesharad and Cronal like this.
  13. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Would be cool to see the Wookiee cells resisting. The last game that gave some look at the Wookiee’s in the Dark Times was TFU where we saw Kashyyyk invaded and then years later there was that governor who had that special AT-ST that was was used to hunt Wookiees. Would be cool to see some of that return to canon.

14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Game ends as he falls to the dark side and becomes an Inquisitor. Sequel begins with him forsaking the dark side and becoming a good guy again.

15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And passing up the whole turn back to the light schtick?
    I don't think so!
    Maybe dealt with flashbacks but passing up Inquisitor training?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I’d just rather an ending where he settles down with a wife and decides to hang up the Jedi life

Dark Times stories about Jedi always end the same way

17. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    That's exactly what Eeth Koth tried to do in the Darth Vader comic, and Vader wasn't so happy about that solution...

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the notion they kill off the protagonist of the 1st game when they wanna franchise pretty much every game seems unlikely. Could get shot into space and land on a campfire beside Ezra and Thrawn cooking space whale meat, though.

Daneira likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    All jedi die, they won't stop being jedi. I hated that legends gave Vos a wife and child and lived trough the purge. No jedi lives to OT unless you're on the other side of the galaxy or in place no one tought to be looking.

Merric likes this.
  20. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    That's one of the few things that I like about the new canon over legends. Because of all the large amount of comics, books, ect, waaay to many jedi seem to be walking around by the time of the OT that it made the jedi purge look much smaller than it was suppose to be. That's why I'm glad that Disney is at least making sure that basically all the jedi are either killed or MIA by the time of the original trilogy. And why I want Cal to die by the end of the game. I really hope they don't pull and Ezra though.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ezra was a special case, being this young padawan and he needed some victory but at a cost. He's probaly in enemy space. Cal dosen't have to die now, just before rebels or before that.

22. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    So the original idea for the protagonist for Fallen Order was a female alien. But they ultimately made the character male because they didn't want "competition" with Rey, and made them human for casual gamers.

I would have given anything for the ability to play as an alien character so this is extremely disappointing for me. Not sure if I'm even going to be buying at this point. There's very little in it that interests me

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So if the next piece of news is "the original idea for the protagonist for Fallen Order was Barriss in an attempt to redeem herself after TCW", I swear I will defenestrate this desk out the nearest window.

24. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Eh, unless the the female alien would most likely be completely interchangeable with Cal.

25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope this is a self contained story because I hate it when games or movies tries to force sequels. Because if it flops then we will be left with half a story like with Solo or Alita: Battle Angel.

Merric likes this.