main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Hm, not sure how that makes me feel.

kalzeth likes this.
  2. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2019
    As much as I like the game, I'm not fond of that idea either. I mean, it turns a victory into another act of destruction.

kalzeth likes this.
  3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I am currently rewatching The Clone Wars to prepare for Season 7. I don't know if this has been brought up, but is the holocron in this game the same holocron on the Holocron Heist arc in Season 2?

4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    No, but it contains approximately the same information, since the list of Force-sensitives was copied for Cordova's safekeeping by Jocasta Nu, presumably after the events of that story arc.

Contessa, DarthJaceus and Vialco like this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Nu made other similar holocrons that fell into Luke's possession which also never really amounted to much either.

6. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Finally - yes, finally! - beat the game last night. (Jedi Master difficulty for the most part, but I had to dial it back to Story Mode at the end to keep my blood pressure under control.) Holy cow, what an experience. Gameplay, story - it all really came together. This is a winner. Sucked to have the "big bad" at the end spoiled by a TV commercial, but that's not the fault of the game itself in the slightest. Time to take a deep dive into all those other spoilers I've been avoiding!

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I just finished this game. I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like it. From a gameplay perspective, it was way too hard. Not only could the enemies beat you up mercilessly, the environment could too. I mean, who though the sliding, walking on walls, etc. would be fun? Come on.

The story is average and only really picked up in the last 20% of the game. The side stories were much more compelling. Loved all the TCW references. Hopefully the main narrative is more engaging next time, I just thought that introducing this random Jedi and having him lead us on a quest that ultimately has us destroy the very mcguffin we were after wasn't very satisfying.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Darth Dnej, kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  9. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2019
    What difficulty setting were you playing at?

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this is just the start of a new adventure, in a trilogy of games. I think of this as i think of AHN or TFA.

11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Started at Jedi Master. Moved down to Jedi Knight shortly. Finally about halfway through the game I said screw it and just turned on story mode as I just wanted to see the story. I had died so many times that it was starting to feel really disconnected.

IgnusDei and Vialco like this.
  12. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    It was a fun game. One of my favorite of 2019. Not as good as the old Dark Forces series, but realistically, no one can compete with Kyle Katarn and his beard.

It was also pretty hard, which I liked. You really had to concentrate and learn, and it made you feel like a Padawan on a run, where even couple of stormtroopers could kill you if you made a mistake. As it should be.

The story was simple, but okay and I loved the environments. Especially the first and last planet, and Dathomir. And Ilum/future Starkiller.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Would a video game where you play as Darth Bane be called “Star Wars Sith: Fallen Order”?

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    this was definitely probably posted already but this song in the arena battle (which I just did) is amazing and Cal says he recognizes the band so that means Mangolian throat singing metal "Sugaan Essena" is totally canon in the Star Wars universe! (He's also apparently listening to it on his earbuds at the start) I'm so happy!

That arena battle was a bit of a pain but at least when I died for the 3rd or 4th time they started me again at full health against just the bounty hunter and not all the creatures.

MercenaryAce, MrDarth0 and AusStig like this.
  15. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2019
    I would kill for a Dark Forces remake or reboot with the Id Tech 7 engine.

No Force Powers necessary, just a nice diverse portable arsenal to blast Dark Troopers with. And Glory Kills. Lots and lots of Glory kills.

16. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    It would be amazing, right? Personally, I love everything from that series, but the one that takes the top spot for me is Jedi Knight. I would buy whatever technological terror is needed to run it, just to get a chance to play a remade version of it... the exact same game, I mean, just made with current technology.

17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Now this has to happen.

DurararaFTW and darklordoftech like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So made a huge dent in the game the last week basically did Kashyyk, Dathomir and Illum (I made a point to go back to Illum just to see the SKB ridge dug out of it). Fun part of Dathomir right here:

Which I totally didn't do right at all. I actually glitched my way over the wall by climbing up and somehow floating in mid air and double jumped to the wall Then the nightbrothers kicked the bejesus outta me and I had to do it twice.

Don't know how much of the game it glitches and/or not, haven't really hit anything terrible (okay I had a full on crash once). A lot of times I don't know if it's my controlling Cal or him jumping around that I keep messing up on. Like the double-jump on Kashyyk is a great very Jedi-like moment of him learning his power but I kept dangblasted falling all the time which sort of killed the zen-like mood of the scene.

Oh and the 9th Sister fight I put in 40 minutes and the game kept telling me to kick the difficulty level down. (I am staying at Jedi Knight dangit!) Last part of the battle I think both of us had like 5% health and then I manged to win, pretty epic. Oh and went back to Zeffo and ended up crushing a bounty hunter droid with a Force push of a big block in one shot which was way satisfying. Should have gotten an achievement trophy for it!

now exploring the crashed Ventor Star Destroyer which is great, kinda dragging my feet before going back to Dathomir and leveling up. Hate that place, freakin' Nightbrothers. also Cal's "URAGH!!" when taking damage is burned into my brain.

Yellow poncho is now officially my outfit. Just kinda love the way it looks, kinda like an old school rain slicker.

Oh ya and one thing that I thought was really cool was when listening to a transmission of the 2nd Sister she pronounced "Jedi" like "Jed-ai", that is some old school Journal of the Whills/Adventures of Luke Starkiller/The Star Wars 1st draft stuff.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Demon4x4 likes this.
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I liked the game but it was tough. I liked the Dathomior story to the game and found the it very interesting. Glad to see that they are doing a part 2 to it. Looking forward to it.

CampOfSorgan and Vialco like this.
  20. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2019

Well, it's about time!

Vialco likes this.
  21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    This new update is amazing! I had just started my replay of this game on the weekend, and to my delight, this update came out today!

Now I'm starting over from the beginning with a crimson lightsaber and a sleek black Inquisitor uniform.

It's so much more fun to slay any manner of beast and stormtrooper as a Dark Sider. The Inquisitor Uniform is by far the best skin Cal has. And the combat arena's are awesome!

This game just got even better!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

22. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    So, been playing this the past couple of days and I’m having a wicked good time with it. Nice to play a Star Wars game that’s not a first person shooter for a change. So far it’s a really decent story focused, adventure action game, with interesting worlds, puzzles to solve, tombs to explore. And it’s quite challenging, you have to really pay attention to where you are and what you’re doing. Just made it through the Tomb of Miktrull on Zeffo, took me forever to figure what the heck I was supposed to do there lol

Now I’m stuck in some prison and have to find BD-1 and my lightsaber

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You'll find BD before too long. Your lightsaber isn't in the prison though.

"Someone get baby his toy!"

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    starfish and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    I have this game a good while but haven't started it yet largely because I know I'll get sucked into it and I don't have the time to obsess over it which I know I will.

I did buy the sith inquisitor from the game so that will no doubt spur me on to start it.

starfish likes this.
  25. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I'm kind of in the middle of reception for this game. On a 10-point scale, I'd give it a 6/10. There are some great story moments and at times some really fun gameplay. The lightsaber customization is fantastic, and one of the few truly great things in the game. But the game gets interrupted far too much by backtracking, platforming, and wall-running. Respawn claims they wanted to make a great lightsaber game with the exploration element complimenting the game. But the exploration dominates the experience. I also think I would've enjoyed the game a little more I put it on story mode (which I did for the final boss). Jedi Knight difficulty is really tough.
    Cal himself could've been more interesting. Trilla and Merrin are far more interesting them him. Heck, just about every major character is.
    Even if they improve the game in sequels, I'm worried that these will be the only single-player Star Wars games for a while. I want KOTOR III, or at least remasters of the first two. And while we're at it, I'd love an open-world Star Wars RPG in the vein of Elder Scrolls.

Vialco likes this.