main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You may, quite understandably, look at the first game and conclude it can't get much better. It has the SW aesthetic nailed, it looks good.

I have no idea how but it can improve much further, though this is not limited to graphics. Think more in terms of load speed, environment generation and the flow of it. Those are the likely areas for me.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    As soon as my PS5 gets here, I’m replaying Fallen Order to see what it’s like on a better console!

Jedi Ben and fett 4 like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean fallen order was still gorgeous on PS4 and I had a base PS4 like a pre ordered base PS4 lol.

So can’t wait to see how the sequel looks

Vialco, Jedi Ben and fett 4 like this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Fallen order borrowed from both Dark Souls and Uncharted 4 . Both games looked great but Elden Ring which is essentially a Dark Souls game looks even better and Last of Us2 (made by peeps who did Uncharted) created a fantastic game in Last of Us 2. So it's doable
    Or if you like Horizon Zero Dawn looks great but Horizon Forbidden West looks even better

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    True, but I'm finding the experience factors, those which you can't tell from a video or screenshot, to be the greater aspects of the new consoles.

fett 4 likes this.
  6. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    My biggest concern about this game right now is how gameplay will interact with story. Fallen Order did a great job of having gameplay progression work with Cal reconnecting to the Force, but if Cal is going to be the protagonist of the sequel as well, they will have to take away his force connection again to fit a video game format

7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I hope they don't do that. I'd rather they add to his Force Skill set instead of subtracting it and having to relearn to Double Jump or Force Pull . In ESB Luke was clearly different to how he was in ANH. Hell Mark Hamil real life Car Accident helped into making him look a battle scarred veteran. The same goes with Cal imo

Vialco and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Fallen Order is incredible on a PS5! Everything is faster, sharper and more awesome! The loading time is practically nonexistent and the graphics are incredible. I’ve noticed details I’ve never seen before, and I’ve played this game like ten times over.

Plus, Cere’s hair looks so much better in the PS5 version.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    New look for Cal Kestis.

Ithorians, Vialco and AusStig like this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Return of Battle droids and more CSI made ones in Jedi Survivor.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    Vialco likes this.
  11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Have I said how excited I am for this? Because I’m stoked! I even got a PS5 two months ago so I’m all set for when this game drops! 2023 is gonna be an awesome year!

12. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Same here, I'm definitely going to be upgrading to an Xbox Series X for this one. Very excited!

Vialco likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The Series X is a nice piece of kit.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    My playstation 5 might finally be put to good use

15. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  16. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Maybe a bit late, but i think there's foreshadowing in Jedi Fallen Order for Cal Kestus eventually falling to the dark side:

- Suugan Essena (The Song from The Hu) sounds like a song from the Ancient Sith Empire. The lyrics sound very much like being written in Sith Language, while the whole song sounds dark and ominous.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sith_(language)

- Force Regeneration happens by attacking enemies.

These are the two main hints imo, maybe there's more...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I doubt it.

For a NPC perhaps, but for who you control as a player, nope.

If they do it in any way, it'd need a branching narrative so you can choose which way to go.

Vialco likes this.
  18. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Given what we learned in TROS regarding the Sith language and its taboo/illegal nature in the galaxy, I have to believe Cal's probably not listening to Sith music on his space Walkman. I wouldn't be against a "Cal turns to the dark side" twist, though, if they can figure out a way to pull it off.

19. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Maybe it became legal for some time, during the rule of the Empire. And/or Cal didn't knew that it was Sith music. Maybe he didn't understand the lyrics.

By the way, when i listened to the song again today, i heard words like Naga, Sith and even a mention of Sith'ari...

20. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    None of those words are in the lyrics. It isn't Sith, because the Hu made up the language themselves.

Vialco and Dawud786 like this.
  21. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    "Some of the lyrics might be off-point, but since they use mongolian throat singing vocals, it made some lines difficult to interpret."

I can only say what i heard and much of it, doesn't match with these lyrics.

By the way, it's funny that they apparently believe it's Huttese, when it sounds nothing like it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  22. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Google has a clearer translation. Either way, it's not Sith and those words aren't in it.

Vialco likes this.
  23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    My boy Cal won’t fall to the Dark Side. He’s a Jedi Knight to the very end. He resisted Malicos, Ninth Sister and Second Sister. The only person who would stand a chance of turning Cal Kestis is the Emperor himself. And we’ll never see him in the games. If you couldn’t even fight Vader, then Sidious would destroy Cal with a gesture.

AusStig and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    But isn't it kinda strange that force regeneration happens mainly through attacking enemies with the lightsaber and not by blocking or simply waiting for the force energy bar to fill?

Feels like a game mechanic made for playing a character using (unknowingly?) the dark side of the force...

25. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Literally just a game mechanic.