main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah, hehe was trying this just now.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm looking forward to the game. I'm not sure where I read it but its suppose to have a tie in comic with it.

3. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I’m looking forward to this game. I need something to do when I’m bored besides reading.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Same here

Yunzabit likes this.
  5. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015

If anyone is confused, Chris was lead writer on Kotor 2 also the creator of Darth Traya

6. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    !!!!! Might actually buy a Star Wars game for the first time since...KOTOR 2? Sounds about right.

spicer, Ulicus and kalzeth like this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Moved posts to more appropriate thread

Anyway, this is pretty exciting news. Avellone gives Fallen Order some sudden credibility.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    And Battlefront 2 had the Spec Ops: The Line writer.

I may just be overly pessimistic since that whole fiasco and the ensuing chaos surrounding the artist formerly known as Ragtag, but I won't feel good about this until we're a week out post-release and I can see the positive reviews for myself. I refuse to get suckered into getting hyped for a new EA Star Wars game. Even one from a good studio like Respawn.

9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Cheers @GrandAdmiralJello I didn’t release I’d posted in the wrong thread.

Anyway I could be looking at this to deeply, but considering he’s saying there’s something big coming next month and he seems to have capitalise the E and A. part of me thinks he’ll announce another star wars game he’s working on at celebration. Dare I get my hopes up for a new kotOR?

10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Respawn is coming off of Apex Legends now the hype of Avellone writing Fallen order. PLEASE BE GOOD

11. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    "Respawn Says EA "Had No Hand" In The Development Of Apex Legends"

I doubt EA will be that lenient when it comes to the next Star Wars game.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I doubt it either :(

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I honestly don't understand why EA still has the Star Wars license, given how uptight Disney seems to be about their brands in general. What on earth do they bring to the table that outweighs the toxicity at this point?

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Disney has a history of not understanding the video game market sadly....Hence why Disney interactive is gone....In short, I just don't think Disney cares enough about video games.

15. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Pretty much. I actually commented about this in another thread a few weeks ago:

AusStig likes this.
  16. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I have hope even if Ea is hands on Respawn will make it alright. Avellone writing. The Villain being rumoured to be Bariss as the second sister . Her warped world view is just good enough for avellone to channel what made Kriea a good villain . The Game play and the MC have to be likeable / fun thou

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Money?

AusStig and Jid123Sheeve like this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm not a fan of the theory of her being Second Sister (not just because I still hate the nonsensical idea of her going bad, but I feel if they're going to use her as a villain make her something that stands out more than Grand Inquisitor's #2 (not to mention the Inquisitors have now been done A LOT so she's one more in a line of the same thing)).

But... when we finally get a non-Battlefront SW game, it will probably be big. So having her as a villain of something major like that would be neat, especially if we get some of the other bro and sis gang.

My hope is they go out on a limb and do something completely wild. The best SW games were wild. KOTOR was a wild idea at heart. Dark Forces was pretty nutty, especially the second one. Republic Commando was all over the place. I like games when I have no clue what's going to happen next. And this goes for locations as well -- it's pretty awesome when a game makes up a new planet, because then you're in literally new territory.

My fear is they're going to make something that resembles another Force Unleashed. I didn't hate TFU and they had their moments, but I always felt like it was limiting itself. I don't have super fond memories of those levels like I do for say, KOTOR or DF. It was a lot of running down halls without much else going on.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I put money that this will be essentially Force Unleashed minus the unleashed

That and a terrible understanding of the Video game industry on the whole which I just don't think Disney cares to get into that much...I mean how many Disney video games (Minus Kingdom Hearts) are actually famous....and not in a cult classic kinda way....Epic Mickey...maybe?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2019
    kalzeth likes this.
  20. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    There is a good chance of that. But I'm hoping for more of an Assassin's Creed style. I think with Avellone writing it, we have a chance for more RPG elements such as side quests and exploration. It won't be open world, and likely linear However, I hope each location has room to focus on things other than the main story. Maybe the Force Unleashed comparisons are more in regard to using a lightsaber and the force in an action game, rather than level structure.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  21. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Well now this has me torn.

On one hand, Chris Avellone wrote for two of my favorite games (KotOR II and Fallout: New Vegas). On the other hand... I don't exactly have a lot of faith or trust in EA with their fixation on microtransactions and "live services" at the expense of an engaging single-player story.

At best, this is a "wait and see" type of game for me now.

22. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, I think we should all be cautious about assuming Avellone did all, or even the majority, of the writing/design. All we know is that he had some kind of involvement. Personally I feel like the fact this game has been in development for three years and only now did we learn Avellone was involved probably indicates his involvement was on the smaller scale. Though any Avellone involvement is of course better than none.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I very mutch hyped for Fallen Order. It be fist real single player star wars game in a long time, and it be a canon story of a padawan surviving and hiding from vader and the empire. I bet we see a few cameo's from movies and TWC along with tie ins to the show mabye we see more of the criminal side of the galaxy. I hope we can get to design our very own lightsaber like you do in other games like GOW. It be like Unleashed minus the force powers in the game. This could be the comeback of the star wars games if it succeeds. I'm hyped for the stary and the characters.

24. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I'm very interested too, but more so from the story point of view. I haven't been around to play Star Wars games since Jedi Academy, so I'm surprised to see someone as universally respected/praised as Chris Avellone seems to be with the fanbase. I also don´t really know of EA problems (seems like everything was better with Lucasarts?) but I'm really hopeful for a great game. The very fact that it involves a Jedi during the dark times is enough to get me interested! as long as its not like TFU, anyway...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Jarrus likes this.
  25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think that this game will be good, but the Debbie downing that its going to be another TFU video game, another this, another that. This game is going to be good and much more.