main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Star Wars: Kain's Heroes (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Nov 21, 2019.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC: This is a brief combo between me and @galactic-vagabond422 , thank you!

IC: Connor Neil, Jori Atreus
    The streets of Grad

Connor was frankly surprised by the effectiveness of his sudden burst of blaster fire. He had more intended to get them to back off. Though he will take dropping their leader in the opening salvo. As he ducked to cover he traded shots with the remainder. His heart was pounding in his chest as bolts sparked off his and Jori's position. The steam rose from his barrel and he could see it start to discolor a little. He had to let it cool off a bit before using it again. All that time he kept checking on the enemy's position watching for them to move. Once his blaster had cooled enough he fired back watching another drop. The numbers were slowly dwindling. Even over the sounds of combat he could hear the break of bone, and a shout of pain.

Soon after the fighting died down and cautiously he stuck his head out, seeing 5 men dead though by his count it should be only 4. He kept low stepping out of cover and drawing his sword.

Out of the fog he saw a figure walking towards them. Again he moved to cover and readied his weapon.

"Who Goes there?" He called out.

Jori had been shooting frantically. She was not sure whether or not she had been hitting anything or anyone. Bolts sent by their enemies struck their hiding spot. Sparks and pieces of molten debris flew around. Some struck the street, sending pieces of asphalt flying. They stung her face and hands, but it was tolerable. Then the shooting died down. She listened intently at the reply to Connor's shout. Hopefully they would be friendly, though that was doubtful, given their luck lately.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 @galactic-vagabond422

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Mairéad O'Crainn
    The streets of Grad

A moment after Mairéad whistled for Paladin, she heard someone call out, "Who goes there?"

Judging by the man's voice, it sounded like he was uncertain whether she was friendly, or another enemy to fight. She couldn't really say that she blamed him.

She called back to him, "Are you guys okay?" and stood quietly listening for the answer.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @TheAdmiral @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update
    The right flank...

IC: Zeit Zev (NPC)
    Watching the enemy at the gates.

From his hidden perch Zev watched as the other cell began to move off, going back at first in the direction they had come from. That struck him as odd, why come so far and then go back? Especially since the battle between the droids and the Imperial occupiers was still ongoing. Seemed a sure way to get oneself killed in the crossfire. Still, he took no action against them.

They didn't seem to pose a threat, and most importantly, they didn't seem worth wasting a shot on. If he fired, it would reveal his position and he would have to relocate, and he didn't want to lose this spot. He had a feeling much bigger fish would present themselves than some rag tag little band. And so he waited, watching as they moved away, wondering where the rest of his own resistance cell might be now...

A short time later...

IC: Elim Kain
    Factory district, Grad, Skarn

Kain nodded to himself, chewing his lower lip as he listened to what Reva and Corrin had to say. Their guess was as good as his, but something Reva said in particular stood out to him. "I don't know what this factory makes, but the Empire must want it pretty badly or it would be rubble like everything else." Maybe it was where the droids had been built, and now they had been drawn back to it, but that didn't explain why the Imperials hadn't razed it to the ground. The Imps didn't use droids, did they? He thought back to the recent battle they had with them at the rail line, the Imperials had used droids there, but not like these. Those were probe droids, when it had come to actual soldiering, they had sent in the stormies. Even now they were using those "mudtroopers' in their fight against the battle droids. No, they wouldn't be building battle droids of their own then, would they?

"Only one way to find out," the cell leader finally replied, answering aloud his own unspoken question. "We need to find a way inside." He began at which Pathfinder hefted his rotary blaster canon. That would work, but it would draw too much attention. "One that won't get us noticed." Kain added now to which Pathfinder responded with a despondent frown. He did enjoy firing that rotary blaster, maybe a little too much. The sound of the nearby battle had subsided as the fight between the Imperials and droids at the trench lines seemed to abate some what. It wasn't over by any means, though perhaps both sides were collecting their breath, getting a sense of what had been won and lost before calculating their next move. That would give the Heroes an opportunity Kain hoped.

Movement nearby caught his attention, and he raised his blaster in fright. They had been so absorbed with the factory and what was going on in front of them that they had lost sight of what might be coming from behind! Focusing on his carbine's front sight he looked out beyond it to the new targets slowly coming into view and breathed a sigh of relief as his nerves calmed somewhat. It was just Thomas, Chrondarr and Tauriel. "I almost killed you," He hissed through clenched teeth at them as they rejoined with their comrades. He was mad at himself though, with the way they had snuck up on him, it was more likely they would have killed him then the other way around had it come to an exchange of blaster fire. "We're trying to find a quiet way inside," he explained to them. "Figure out what is so important about this place that the Imps and the droids would be fighting so ferociously for it."

He looked back out at the burnt embers of the city. There had still been no word from Jori or Connor. Maybe they were out of com range, these were short range units, if they moved quickly they could have moved beyond their limited range. Or maybe something had happened to them. He raised the comlink to his lips again, calling out to them once more. "Jori, Connor," he hoped they could hear him. "We're at the guard shack on the left side of the factory, please acknowledge." He waited as the link returned just static for the moment. While he hoped they would at least respond he couldn't waste time worrying about that now, they had to find a way inside the facility.

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas @Bodhran777 @RIP.CommanderPonds @Mistress_Renata @Anedon @Adalia-Durron @Sarge @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @TheAdmiral @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Vehn, TheAdmiral and Sarge like this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Tauriel Windsong.
    Ruins of Grad

Tauriel shot Kain a scowl, the group were doing as ordered, and his inability to see who it was may well have gotten himself killed if not maimed. He didn't acknowledge her expression simply going on to explain what they were doing. Turning she gazed at the factory, looking down she noticed a small window that was narrow near the bottom. Turning she looked at the group, none of them were fine boned enough to get in, but she was. She turned back to Kain. "I have an idea."

TAG @Bardan_Jusik

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Chrondarr
    In the Graveyard of the Spirits

As Ronaan and Windsong spoke, Chrondarr heard their spirits crying out in pain, desperate for release. He knew that cry well. It echoed in his sleep every night. They all needed respite and healing. But now was not the time. It seemed like now was never the time. But every bright day and dark night would come to an end, and if they lived to see the next one, they'd find the time. They must; they couldn't go on like this much longer. He prayed that the spirits would help them carry on long enough. There was much work to be done before the time came to rest.

Windsong was focused on a slit window in the factory wall. No grown Coynite would ever pass through that, not without destroying the window frame and a fair number of the bricks around it; Chrondarr stood head and shoulders taller than most humans, with bulk to match. There was no possible way he could follow her there. She'd have to go without his protection.

He didn't care for that idea. Windsong was too young for that kind of trial. Chrondarr had great-grand-nieces and -nephews that were older than she was. He'd never stand by while they took such a risk. But, despite the hurt and fear he sensed in her, she was determined to go forward into the fire. Would it consumer her? Or would her spirit be forged and tempered in the heat like a well-wrought blade? All he could do was pray for the strength of her spirit.

As he had often noticed, praying for the spirits of others strengthened his own. He didn't know what he could do to make this mission a success, but he resolved to push forward until the end, whatever that might be.

TAG: @Vehn @Adalia-Durron

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Reva Cambrion
    Factory District, Grad, Skarn

"We need to find a way in. One that won't get us noticed." Reva could only shake her head at Kain's directive. In this respect, she had no ideas. She had some familiarity with the factory district, but she'd never actually been in any of the massive manufacturing structures. And she genuinely didn't know what was made here on Skarn. She'd never really looked much further than her own modest life. Pathfinder grunted eagerly, raising his massive rotary blaster, but Kain stood him down. Which Reva agreed with. Stealth was the way to go. It might be easier, now that the sun was setting.

Tauriel, the young Sephi woman, cleared her throat. "I have an idea," she said. Reva was glad someone did.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Thomas Ronaan
    Factory District
    Grad
    Skarn

Thomas threw his hands up as Kain hissed in their direction for not announcing themselves. He wasn't about to get shot by his own side. He'd made it this far and survived this long by playing smart and also playing solo. Now, this time was different. He'd begun to think he'd found a group worth staying with and fighting for in these dark times. He rallied deep inside himself as he listened to Windsong's idea. It wasn't bad. It could work.

He looked in the direction of the factory. He remembered this place having down a field trip with his students once. He didn't remember exactly where the window led but he knew this factory had been used for great things. The kind of things that could change Skarn. Was it generators? Was it energy cells? Some renewable energy? He couldn't remember it was so long ago and the factory had truly seen better days and so had his mind.

He wanted to follow Windsong into the factory but his long rifle would hinder them. He'd be no good in close quarters combat. He was a striker from the distance. Tight, urban, combat in rooms was not his way. He bit his lip and looked at the others. Someone, somewhere, had to step up.

"Come on," Thomas encouraged, "she's good but she needs help. Anyone willing to help her through this? I know we've all been through a lot. Maybe too much. I can't follow this time. I don't have the proper equipment."

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik; @Adalia-Durron; @Sarge

9. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jori Atreus
    The streets of Grad

The voice did not answer Connor’s question, but instead posed one of her own. Jori frowned, that was not a good start. She bit her lower lip thinking what she should do next.

Then their comms crackled. It was Kain. “Um, we have encountered a slight problem, will comm you if we need reinforcements.” Jori took the initiative and holstered her blaster. She took a deep breath and stood up with her hands raised. It was time to find whether they were facing friend or foe. “Who are you?” she asked the woman directly, looking intently for any sign of trouble.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

10. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Reva Cambrion
    Factory District, Grad, Skarn

Reva peered at the window that Windsong was indicating. It was very small. Ronan was asking for volunteers to accompany the young woman, and to Reva's shock she found herself saying, "I'll go with her."

What the hell? Where had that come from? Sure, Reva could possibly get through the window, especially if she sucked in her gut. She only had a blaster, and not much gear apart from her medical stuff and a blanket. She was no warrior, and would rather be safely hunkered down far from any of this. But then, if things went wrong, she could offer help. And, after all, it might be possible that there were survivors of the attack on Grad who needed her help. She nodded at Tauriel. "Lead on."

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik; @Adalia-Durron; @Sarge; @Vehn

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Mairéad O'Crainn
    The streets of Grad

"Are you guys okay?"

The girl stood up slowly, hands raised in surrender. "Who are you?"

"Mairéad O'Crainn. Traveling entertainer and self-appointed pain in the Empire's shebs. Also the bane of marauding sleemos like the ones we just took out. Wanna help me loot them?"

TAG: @TheAdmiral @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik

Sarge, Vehn, Mistress_Renata and 3 others like this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Connor Neil
    The streets of Grad

Connor kept his weapon trained on the newcomer. As she asked to the health of the pair of them, he just narrowed his eyes, still not fully trusting this new woman. Jori stepped out with her hands up, Connor just tightened his grip on his pistol, his other hand reaching for his sword. He wasn't quite ready to put down his guard just yet. Seeing as this lady wasn't threatening them or opening fire on them, he could lower his weapon.

"Well hello Mairéad," He said not giving his name. "Sure we'll help pick these bones." He said moving quickly and taking what he could, while also keeping the new girl in his sight. Not fully ready to trust her.

TAG: @TheAdmiral @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 @Bardan_Jusik

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Mairéad O'Crainn
    The streets of Grad

Mairéad noticed the man's trepidation as she too relieved the fallen marauders of weapons and other useful items. She sent a smile his way. "It's okay. I can understand why you'd be reluctant to trust a stranger, especially in times like these. But I did help you out when I didn't have to. That has to count for something, right?"

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Vehn, Sarge, Bardan_Jusik and 2 others like this.
  14. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC: I am sorry for taking me so long to post, it just slipped my mind... [face_blush]

The streets of Grad

Jori observed the newcomer. She lowered her gun for now, but kept it in hand. Hopefully she would not need to use it on her. “I will stand watch if someone decides to attack us.” she stated simply.

There was no way she would touch the bones. “We have to get going again soon. I think we would be able to make it to where we were going.” hopefully her contact was still around here.

“Also I am sure you need to be somewhere safe too...” she said dryly to the woman.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

IC Tauriel Windsong
    Streets of Grad

Tauriel turned to face the woman, she seemed strong and lithe, her long dark braid hung over her lean shoulder. "I just need you to watch my back as I get in." Tauriel explained, she didn't want to say out right the despite the fact the woman was very trim, she wouldn't fit the window. "Then let Kain know I'm in."

TAG @Mistress_Renata

16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC Corrin Skarnsson
    Streets of Grad

Corrin stayed quiet to all of this, as he wasn't too keen on getting inside the building, closed spaces, especially dark, metal ones filled with technology frightened him. "I would prefer to stay out here. Guard your exit point if need be." He was not an official part of Kain's squad, just a scout tagging along and he felt it was better to stay, and if it came to it die out here than in that dark labyrinth.

TAG: Anyone

Vehn, TheAdmiral, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Connor Neil
    Streets of Grad

"It counts but, can never be too careful." He said taking a blaster rifle off one of the dead men. He looked over his shoulder watching Jori look around them. He felt nice having someone else watch his back that wasn't some woman that just showed up. Not that he didn't trust her, but in a place like this allegiance shifted and changed on the flip of a credit, just because someone helped you today doesn't mean they will help you tomorrow. He took everything he could carry, a blaster rifle, some credits that were in their pockets, and am energy pack. It was rather quick all things considered.

"My friend's right, we need to keep moving, before more jackals show up." He said moving closer to Jori getting ready to move. "You got somewhere else you could go? Might not be the safest with us."

TAG: @TheAdmiral @Bardan_Jusik @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

Factory district, Grad, Skarn

Keeping his eye on the battle still raging behind them, Kain took in what everyone was saying before making a decision. "OK, Windsong, see what you can do about getting in through that window, it seems to be a level or so below the door, so if you get in head up and open this hatch for us." He looked to Reva. "You cover her back and give her a boost to the window if she needs the help, then head straight back up here to us once she is in." Hopefully by that time the Sephi would have found the doorway and unlocked it from inside. "The rest of us sit tight here and cover them as they make their way to the window."

The pair made off, down towards the lower level window. Kain didn't think anyone was much happy about this, especially with a battle raging on so close. It didn't help that the group was still divided. Speaking of which, he raised his short range com link to his mouth again and called out tot he pair of fighters that had gone off in search of one of Jori's contacts. "Jori, Connor, we're at the guard shack on the left side of the factory, you copy?" He chewed his lower lip in frustration as there was still no answer as Reva rejoined the group. It seemed the effort to get Windsong through the window hadn't been too arduous. "Jori, Connor please respond," Kain was getting antsy at their lack of communication, had they been killed? Or were they under fire and couldn't respond? There was no time to think about such issues as the doorway suddenly opened from the inside. It was Windsong, who wasted no time in waving them all to enter. Kain tried one last time to contact the pair of split off rebels before writing them off at the moment. "Jori, Connor...do you read?"

When there was no immediate answer Kain lowered the com link and issued orders. "All right, Lian," he turned to the Ardennian communications specialist. "Stay out here with Ponds and Skarnsson," he nodded to the latter who had made known his desire to stay outside of the structure if at all possible. "Keep trying to contact Jori and Connor and see what is going on with them." He motioned to the remainder of the resistance band. "The rest of you with me." He pointed to the door where Windsong was still waiting for them....

TAG: @Anedon @RIP.CommanderPonds @Bodhran777

OOC: Addie, using the last section of this update as a guide, feel free to fill in your character's experience in getting through the window and getting to/opening the door as you see fit.

IC: Zeit Zev (NPC)
    Relocating

Things had quieted down somewhat for the sniper after the encroaching rebel band had moved off. So much so that Zev was able to get a sense of the pace of the battle going on out in front of him. The droid onslaught had been halted for now, though the two armies still took shots at one another from their respective trench lines. Those droid trenches had been in imperial hands at the beginning of the day, and so Zev considered them to be the winners thus far, but their casualties, if you could call them that, had been horrendous. Probably one out of every two droids had been cut down in the attack, it just seemed they always had more. At least they all appeared to be armed now, something which helped to slow down the repeated Imperial counter attacks. The frontline itself had been stable then when Zev had taken his own shot, taking down an Imperial Army major who had come forward to inspect his mudtrooper's situation.

The shot had thrown the line into chaos, and ended up starting a whole new bout of random firing in his general direction. Zev knew his spot itself wasn't yet compromised, though another shot from here would certainly give away his position, so he began to move, slowly, cautiously, away and back towards where the rest of his own resistance band had been holed up. behind him he could still hear the sound of blaster fire walking in on his previous position. If he were unlucky a squad would find it and he would never be able to use the spot again, if not though he would return tomorrow to take out another Imperial officer. Unless the battle was over by then, though given the stalemate he doubted that would be the case.

Moving slowly through the city streets he paused every 10 meters or so to get his bearings and scout out the route ahead, it was during one of these pauses that he caught a glimpse of them. Three beings, all human, a male and two females. They were just standing there, talking, though the male kept checking his surroundings. Zev froze, though he realized after a moment that he hadn't been spotted yet, and so he continued to observe them, this time through the magnified view of his sniper scope. They were looting a set of dead bodies it looked like, grabbing whatever weapons from them that they could. Weapons, rations, cash...anything they could find. Zev couldn't blame them, he did the same when he could, though his own kills were often behind the lines and didn't allow for such. he increased the magnification on his sniper's scope to get a better look and what he saw made his blood boil. The bodies they were looting were the rest of his own resistance band, the Skarnian People's Liberation Front. From the looks of things they had been wiped out. That made Zev their last surviving member, and now he had a new purpose, one that instantly consumed him. Revenge for the deaths of his comrades. And so he steadied the DC-15x sniper rifle and settled the targeting reticle on the closest target, the male, and waited for the right moment to strike...

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @TheAdmiral @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Leading the group into the factory...

[​IMG]

Leaving Lian, Ponds and Skarnsson outside Kain led the rest of his cell into the factory, following after Windsong. It was dark inside, and though it took a moment for Kain's eyes to adjust to the darkness, he could tell he was standing on a metal grate that seemed to clang and sway slightly with each footstep. It was a stairway landing, one set up quite high now he could see as his eyes adjusted somewhat. Looking around he could see that the window Windsong had squeezed her way through was on the landing just below this. Looking further downward the stairs eventually led to the factory floor. That seemed to be littered with old machinery and equipment, long since abandoned. There was acres of floor space though, most of which Kain couldn't see as it disappeared into darkness beyond a few dozen meters or so.

Looking upwards he could see the stairs led to a series of catwalks suspended from the ceiling of the factory overlooking the factory floor. Those would be for supervisors and foreman Kain thought, so they could oversee the work being done below. Above those hung huge light fixtures which at one time would have lit up the factory interior. Those stood as idle and dark as the machinery on the factory floor. It seemed the factory was entirely without power, and so the only light they had to go by was what little filtered through the dingy and broken windows that lined the level just above and below where the rebels now stood. Kain now let out a low whistle t the sheer scale of the place. It was huge, and he had no idea where to begin. There was no sign of any activity here. The metal grating under their feet didn't even allow enough dust to accumulate to leave a good footprint in.

"Guess we have to split up..." Kain frowned, he hated splitting the group up even more than it already was, but he saw little choice. He pointed upwards at the catwalk suspended over their heads. "Ronaan, you take Windsong and Pathfinder up there and provide overwatch for the rest of us as we search the factory floor." It would make him feel better if the group's sniper had a long field of view from the top. Windsong could provide spotting duties and cover his back while Pathfinder would provide heavy firepower from above if need be. "Everybody else come with me..."

TAG: @Sarge @Mistress_Renata @The Jedi in the Pumas @Adalia-Durron @Vehn

OOC: A quick breakdown so we are all on the same page:

• Staying outside to guard the entrance to the factory from the abandoned guard shack are Skarnsson, Ponds and Lian, the last of which is still trying to contact Jori and Connor.
    • Jori and Connor of course are still looking for her source who may or may not be of any help :p They have run into Mairéad. Your call on whether or not they hear the radio calls from Kain or Lian.
    • Ronaan, Windsong and Pathfinder are headed up the metal staircase to the catwalks hanging from the factory ceiling to provide overwatch for...
    • Kain, Chrondarr, Reva and Wuu who are making their way down the metal staircase to the factory floor to begin their search for...whatever it is they are searching for.

Mistress_Renata, Sarge and TheAdmiral like this.
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Mairéad O'Crainn
    The Streets of Grad

"It's okay. I can understand why you'd be reluctant to trust a stranger, especially in times like these. But I did help you out when I didn't have to. That has to count for something, right?"

"It counts but, can never be too careful."

Mairéad nodded, still smiling. "That's true enough, I guess. But I have a really good feeling about you guys." She tucked a small blaster into her her belt and stuffed some money into her pocket, as the girl said something about being too move on and get somewhere safe. Before she could answer, the man added his two credits.

"My friend's right, we need to keep moving, before more jackals show up. You got somewhere else you could go? Might not be the safest with us."

Quickly putting the rest of the items she'd taken into her saddlebags and her backpack, Mairéad answered him. "Well I conjure that so long as that shabla Empire is in power, ain't truly no such thing as a safe place. Just places you can avoid getting shot at for a while."

As she finished speaking, she felt a violent prickling sensation, not just at the back of her neck, but across her shoulders and down her spine as well. Acting on instinct, she grabbed a blaster rifle from the ground, swung it up, and fired. There was a strangled cry, a clatter, and the dull thud of a body hitting the ground. "Sniper," she explained, "Not as quiet as he thought."

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Thomas Ronaan
    Factory
    Grad

Thomas grunted as he entered the factory. The smell of oil and old machinery hit him hard in the nose. It was pungent. He felt the landing sway a bit as more and more of Kain's Heroes arrived on the scene. He listened to Kain, briefly, before surging up the stairs to his assignment. One step in front of the other, slowly, cautiously, he slipped onto the catwalk with his rifle extended out in front of him ready to use. He knelt on one knee as the others gathered around him. One quick look at the factory, even though darkened, showed it was huge.

Plenty of places for another sniper Thomas thought, or an entire army for that matter.

He slowly crept forward along the catwalk, not wanting to look down as the factory floor was far below him, trying to find a good position from which to conduct his mission. He stopped when he came to a series of empty barrels that afforded him some protection from the ground but a good place to perch his rifle and scan downward and ahead of the rest of the group.

"Eyes alert," Thomas whispered to Windsong who was his spotter.

It was amazing to him how Pathfinder could heft his heavy weaponry around. The cannon he lugged could put some serious damage into someone or something. He was glad Pathfinder was on their side.

Thomas deployed his bipod and adjusted the sights on his scope. He activated the thermal setting and was pleased, so far, to see that things were cool directly ahead. How long they'd stay that way he didn't know.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik; @Adalia-Durron

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Tauriel Windsong
    Outside and inside the factory.

With her watch in place Tauriel proceeded to knock out the remaining broken glass with her three leather clad fingers she used to pull her bow. The space was narrow but she knew she could squeeze through, the drop on the other side concerned her slightly. Removing her quiver she hooked it around her longbow and inserted them into the window, leaning in to lower them both to the ground as best she could, releasing and listening as the hand made and carved weapon fell and rocked to the floor. Her estimation looking into the darkness was about 2 metres, maybe a little less, so there would be a drop. Pursing her lips she considered her options briefly before swinging her legs forward. If she was going to drop, at least she'd land on her feet, or at least she hoped that's the way it'd go. A final glance before she inserted her legs and began to ease her way in, it wasn't quite as tight as she'd expected and when she found herself hanging from the frame, back to the wall, she dropped. It wasn't too far and her reflexes took her to a crouching position where she began to scan the area. It was dark and as her eyes adjusted the sound of scurrying creatures escaping could be heard but little more. Reaching over whilst still keeping her eyes peeled, she put her quiver back on and stood holding her bow. There was a set of stairs to her right that looked to go up to the door so cautiously she moved toward them, broken glass cracking beneath her booted feet. Each step upward creaked and groaned causing to question the structures integrity. When she reached the top the door was clear, and locked from the inside in what was once an automated system but now nothing more than a long bolt across. Tauriel removed her blade from her boot and place her bow leaning against the wall beside her and pried off the cover to the now dead components inside. She wasn't very familiar with the electronics enclosed, but the basics were clear enough so she began to pry the bolt loose. It took a bit of time but eventually she was able pull the bolt free and yank the door open. Dust fluttered down on her head as she gestured toward Kain and the others. Stepping back she felt a sense of achievement and worth, she'd been useful.

TAG @Vehn @Bardan_Jusik

PART TWO

The group filed in and Tauriel stood to one side as Kain addressed them. She had new orders and filled with a positive attitude she was happy to be teamed with someone she knew. Thomas leaned close. "Eyes alert," he whispered to which she responded with a single nod. Glancing at the third member of their team she acknowledged him with another nod before following Thomas. She was not ready to be a leader. Quietly she loaded her bow again, they had no idea what they might encounter here.

TAGing again as I added this. @Vehn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Reva Cambrion
    The Factory, Grad

Reva blinked as her eyes adjusted to the dimness. The sun was setting fast, and they'd soon need their handlamps to see anything. She followed the others down the rickety metal stairs, looking around uneasily. The factory had been abandoned for some time, by the look of it. Why were the Imperials so keen to take it? There was nothing here! Why were the droids trying so hard to defend it? She couldn't see any trace of what had been manufactured to clue her in. It didn't seem to be a strategic strongpoint, there was nothing to use... Reva shook her head. Insanity. She glanced up to the hole in the roof, far above her head. She was going to ask if she could try to find her grandmother tomorrow. And if Kain said no... well, it wasn't like he was paying her. She was a volunteer! She could always find another militia. Be safe, Nan, she thought.

TAG: Anyone

23. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The streets of Grad

Jori relaxed a bit when the woman put away her blaster. Though she could be skilled enough to draw it before Jori could do anything about it. But that was a start. She kicked away some detritus, a rusted can that clattered away.

Jori blushed as she realized that she was making too much noise, so she stopped. “Safety is a relative term, yes.” Jori agreed dryly. “But still, if we stay here long enough we will be discovered.”

Then the woman drew a blaster, that came as a surprise for her, so she fumbled to get her own out. Then the woman shot something or someone in one of the buildings. “How did you know he was there?” she narrowed her eyes.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Chrondarr
    In the Belly of the Beast

Chrondarr moved softly down the stairs, feeling his way carefully. His night vision wasn't what it had once been, and not much light was filtering into the factory from the sky.

The sky. That had been the last familiar thing his spirit could cling to. It was gone from his sight now. This was a world of nothing but broken duracrete and twisted metal, air fouled with industrial chemicals. It was no place for a Coynite from the highlands of Skarn. But the only honorable way out was through. He pressed forward.

A dark pit opened in the floor near his feet. He paused, nose twitching. The smell here was different, the harsh synthetic odors mixed with something else, something more like nature, like life. He peered down as his eyes adapted to the darkness.

It was not the smell of life, not any more. Now it was smell of life ended.

Bodies were strewn across the pit floor, big bodies, as tall as Coynites, but with longer fur. Aside from chains and collars, they were naked. Slave labor, disposed of when caring for them was inconvenient.

Chrondarr sensed that their spirits had passed in torment and anger, their bodies left behind in painful contortions. It would be wrong to leave them so. He jumped down into the pit. It would only take a few moments to lay them out to rest properly.

One of the people, riddled with even more blaster wounds than the others, had died with his hands inside a big toolbox. As Chrondarr pulled him straight, something fell from his hands. A large crossbow.

In an instant, the spirits granted Chrondarr a vision, an understanding. These slaves, these Wookiees, had gathered pieces and parts of equipment and tools, slowly and secretly assembling a weapon, and charging it with energy drained from power tools. And they had been murdered before ever getting a chance to strike back at their tormentors.

Runes were scratched into the crossbow's stock. Even though he had never read the language of Wookiees, Chrondarr knew what the runes spelled out: VENGEANCE.

Spirits swirled restlessly around him, demanding he take up their duty. He hesitated. That way lay a dark path. But all paths that led from here were as dark, or darker. To lay aside his duty would allow the greater darkness to grow.

Chrondarr took up the crossbow and closed his eyes. His spirit reached out to those around him, and he spoke to them.

"Vengeance is mine."

He felt their eager anticipation concentrated in the weapon as he laid the last body to rest and climbed out of the pit.

TAG: @Mistress_Renata @The Jedi in the Pumas @Adalia-Durron @Vehn

25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC: Corrin Skarnsson
    Outside the Factory

Corrin sat crossleged between the rubbel on the outside of the factory, his eyes closed so his other senses could reach out. He heard the breathing of the two others who stayed outside to guard the entrace, smelled the smoke and oil from the factory in the air, and there was something else. A sense Corrin always had known but never been able to explain, it was a feeling, like his intuition but more than that, a sense of foresight maybe? When he had been a boy he had asked his parents about it but they had never been able to explain it, had believed it was just his imagination. But then it had been this instinct that had him not return to his tribe that fatefull day when he was hunting in the forrests. It had saved his life... or prevented him from helping his kin. Listening to it now Corrin felt something, something at the edge of his mind, another danger? He couldn´t tell.

Tag: Anyone

Vehn, Mistress_Renata, Sarge and 2 others like this.