main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2. The game any good?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by patrickurrutia, Jul 16, 2016.

1. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    The sequel any good or about the same as the first game with alot of stuff to do here and there?

2. DeltaRecon226

DeltaRecon226 Jedi Knight

Sep 20, 2012
    Yeah it's good. If you liked the first one, don't pass it up. I haven't played it in years, so I don't remember everything but I suggest you look into some mods to restore some of the original content because a lot of people recommend you do that before playing.

3. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  4. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    Honestly? It's a very incomplete game because it was rushed in development. There are pros and cons, but it really depends on you, the player, and what your style specifically it is. The Restored Content mods are definitely worth the download and inclusion into the game. I do like the Dark Side options with this and even the affinity options with it. Definitely get it on Steam. I got both KotOR and KotOR2 back when they first came out there about. They both quickly became my go-to Star Wars games.

5. edgerallenpoedameron

edgerallenpoedameron Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2016
    To echo what everyone else is saying it is a very good game.

6. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    It's very good; very similar gameplay to Knights1. Strongly recommend getting some mods (if you can), namely the restored content mod.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  7. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    It has all the ingredients of a game that could very well have been better than the first, but it was incomplete and rushed, and it shows in the final product. Very cool plot line, interesting villains, and some interesting and unique party members. However none of them really ever match up with the quality characters of the first game. Planets were bland in both look and level design. Very big missed opportunity in terms of what they were going for.

More of hard Sy-fy Star Wars game as opposed to a Space opera adventure. Still, again, very cool ideas, stuff we've never seen in a Star Wars before, but the final product ended up being a really big missed opportunity and thus for the most part is a lesser sequel.

So much was cut from the game. In fact some guys attempted to pretty much make a complete version, don't know how that ever turned out.

Howard Hand and Jolee Bindo like this.
  8. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Yes, definitely. It has a very unique tone distinct from other Star Wars stories and goes to some weird and crazy places with its Force philosophy. Frustratingly incomplete (I haven't played the restored content mod so not sure how much that does to make the game feel more finished) but great fun while it lasts. In comparison to the first game (which is still quite dark for Star Wars) its moral decisions are often shades of grey rather than black and white. Agree with DarthMane2 that the party members are not as good as the ones from the first game, although I do really like KotOR II's influence system.

Pro tip: Play a dual pistols Sentinel/Watchman build, making sure you get Master Speed and Master Rapid Shot. Amusingly overpowered.

9. patrickurrutia

Feb 14, 2007
    I still have the first KOTOR game for PC and I enjoyed Dantooine and its Jedi temple etc.

What planets are in Star Wars KOTOR 2 by the way? They any fun to explore etc?

10. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    It's bloated (one of the worst paced games I've played) and lacks the "feel-good" factor of the first game but it's definitely worth trying out.

11. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    You start off on some Asteroid(boring as ****). Which serves as your Taris for the first part of the game. Where you meet some party members, etc.

Then you go to Telos(Carth's planet), Nar Shaddaa, Dxun, Onderon, Korrbian, Dantooine, and Malachor V.

Korriban and Dantooine are more or less pit stops.

IMO, none of them are really all that fun to explore. Though some fun stuff happens on Dxun. Nar Shaddaa is probably the worst, and pretty much it's just one long platform with 3 seperate sections to explore, which amount to pretty much just taverns. Very boring. In fact I really can't say you explore any planet really. At least not in the way you do in the first game. Then again it's been about 12 years since I've played it.

There is a big part towards the end where you do get to explore the main Sith Lords ship. That's a pretty good part. Canderous is Awesome there.

12. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Has it really been so long since the last KotOR thread? Once was a time when these threads would pop up every other week over the course of 10 years.

13. patrickurrutia

Feb 14, 2007
    I wouldn't know since I never seen any Knights of the Old Republic topic threads.

So relax buddy

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I recently got it on an old Xbox, but it is very glitchy and I'm only a few planets into it. From what I have seen it is pretty good.

15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i have displayed my opinion on this many times. Yes KOTOR 2 was rushed and hurried, and incomplete. But... it improves on almost everything from the first one. better workbenches, better force powers, more force powers, better story, better characters.... to me it is a better game. Nothing beats playing the first KOTR when it first came out. It was like this oasis in the desert of Star Wars gaming. I spent countless hours on it, because my life did not look so good at the time. I bought an xbox and that game and it was my life for awhile. Ill never forget it. The sequel could never do that for me, but in a vacuum it is better

16. SYNCHRONIC

SYNCHRONIC Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2016
    It is in my opinion one of the best games out there, and more complex and intricate than the first KOTOR by far (which was still an amazing game...) Great story, great characters, great mechanics, great locations... definitely get it on steam with the recent patch enabling widescreen, and easy to get the Content Restoration Mod through steam (meaning you don't have to manually install anything, steam does all the work for you after pressing "subscribe" to the mod and then start up the game.

JediMatteus likes this.
  17. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    The ending sucks, pretty sure they just rushed it towards the end.

18. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
  19. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    good game, but very rushed and it shows. While I do like that the customization is more advanced than in the first game, It's a little too much and its possible to get suckered into spending too much time crafting. Also, while some characters are cool, some are frankly quite annoying. That said annoying Kreia is fun as hell.

20. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    I love it. It has such a unique and somber tone throughout the entire story. Yes, it was released prematurely, but there are mods for that now.

SYNCHRONIC likes this.