main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Horror Star Wars - Last Breath (Survival)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Zedd-Vega, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    +++Observation Log 85.245.117 – Dr. Alowise Braff, Chief Medical Officer.+++

“… not sure how much time we have left. It’s been forty-eight hours since Patient Zero had been brought onboard. While docile at first, all health signs appeared normal. After the twenty-fourth hour, Patient Zero exhibited strange symptoms: stiffening of the joints, increased fever, clammy skin, unresponsiveness to external stimuli…

*static*

… as part of some new Super Soldier program developed by scientists within the R&D Headquarters back on Eriadu, the Empire saw fit to keep the details of this program under wraps. Patient Zero is the only known recipient of a serum called the S-Serum, which I would rather call the D-Virus… D meaning dead.

*static*

…it’s still unknown what caused Patient Zero to snap. The serum itself, from what we’ve gathered, progresses through the bloodstream at an exponential rate depending on where one is infected. Salivary contact is the quickest way to get infected. KAFF KAFF...

*static*

… effects of the Serum were increased muscle control, almost making the body shed the limits it would normally place upon itself. Patient Zero showed this when he decapitated my assistant using just his teeth… he also managed to shoulder his way through a secured, durasteel door and squeeze between a jammed turbolift and the floor it was stuck on…

*static*

KAFF KAFF… infection spreading. Members of the crew are dropping like flies. Victims are rising more rapidly, almost an hour after death. D-Virus causes extreme cannibalistic behavior in infected subjects… there has to be a cure… a blaster to the head seems to work… in any case, we’ve been denied access to Imperial Port until Patient Zero and all infected subjects are contained…

*static*

… doomed…

KAFF GOFF GLLK … no hope… no rescue… can’t reach other crew members… parts of ship locked down… can’t… can… … … *long static**sound of blaster fire*

END IMPERIAL LOG.

Welcome friends to a unique take on the zombie genre!

To those playing, YOU will be members of the Imperial Medical Ship “The Grim Angel”. What will you be able to play? Why that’s entirely up to you! A Stormtrooper? A high-ranking Imperial Officer? What about a medical droid? Or perhaps a Rebel Spy? The choice is yours, friends.

Just a few things to clarify:
    • This takes place not too long after the destruction of the first Death Star.
    • Any Force sensitive characters must be given explicit GM approval and must have good reason for being there.
    • This is zombie survival, people. A bite is fatal. No one is immune (unless a cure is found). Just because you work alongside someone, doesn’t mean they are your friend. Survival is key.
    • Characters will need to keep this realistic (despite there being severe science-fiction tones to it). You need to eat, drink, use the ‘fresher, and even stock up on ammunition. Blasters don’t fire forever.
    • The GM will control the roaming victims of the D-Virus and can spring them on players at any time during scenes. Be ready.
    • Keep the game moving. As there is no limit on players, GM approval is still needed for characters. PM ALL SHEETS TO THE GM! If one of your characters dies (by your own hand or someone else’s) you are more than welcome to create another. Until then, a one character per player limit is in place.

And now the sheet:

Name:
    Species:
    Profession:
    Equipment: (Will be given to you by the GM)
    Describe yourself in two sentences or less:
    If someone else were to describe your best skill in one sentence, what would it be?
    What do you think your odds of survival are?
    Are you sane?

And that’s all folks! Let’s see what we come up with, eh?

Onid Bonazzo and GrimdarkRose like this.
  2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    GM Approved!

Name: Dario Vasyl
    Species: Human
    Profession: Stormtrooper
    Equipment: Standard stormtrooper armor with an E-11 Blaster. Additionally, Dario modified his helmet with headphones containing his personal music collection, and he's not absolutely certain his superiors are unaware of it.
    Describe yourself in two sentences or less: While consistently ranking in the mid-to-upper percentiles of his training regiments at the Imperial Academy, Dario has a reputation of being quite easygoing and carefree compared to his peers. Fiercely loyal to his allies and friends, Dario strives to perform his duties to the very best of his abilities while seeking to disprove the stereotypical heartless image associated with Imperial Stormtroopers.
    If someone else were to describe your best skill in one sentence, what would it be? "Dario's never met a stranger in his life, nor has he met an opponent on the battlefield capable of outright defeating him, which is odd now that I think about it." - TK-841
    What do you think your odds of survival are? Dario will do anything he can to live another day, and try his damnedest to bring as many others as he can with him.
    Are you sane? Mostly, if he gets enough sleep.

3. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Zedd approved! :)

Name: Kavira Feraan
    Species: Human
    Profession: Medical Physician
    Equipment: Small tote of first aid equipment
    Describe yourself in two sentences or less: Don't be fooled by my age, I've spent so many years learning and studying to progress in my field. I am quiet, dedicated to my studies, and above all passionate about helping others.
    If someone else were to describe your best skill in one sentence, what would it be? I can sew up incision sites pretty quickly and I don't mean to brag, but most of my patients receiving injections have hardly complained about pain from the needle.
    What do you think your odds of survival are? Survival? That's an interesting question. I'd like to think I'd be well off with my medical background. And if I'm in a situation where I can't handle personally, surely someone who could would find my skills crucial enough to keep me around. *chuckles* Assuming unlikely, worst case scenario
    Are you sane? Yes, I am. Would I be a doctor otherwise?

Mitth_Fisto and Reynar_Tedros like this.
  4. Kyro-X

Kyro-X Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2016
    Species: Corellian
    Profession: former Jedi current bounty hunter
    Equipment: pistol, sniper
    Describe yourself in two sentences or less: I'm no master at the force, but give me a gun and I'll get the job done. I always hit my target.
    If someone else were to describe your best skill in one sentence: he can kill anything with anything
    What do you think your odds of survival are?: it doesn't matter if I get taken down, it matters on how many Zs I take with me
    Are you sane?: 3%
    (Can I break the fourth wall)

5. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    I don't recall you submitting that sheet to me for approval, friend. [face_not_talking]

6. Kyro-X

Kyro-X Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2016
    I thought this is where we were supposed to submit it, sorry