main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars: Legacy and Music

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AKIHIKO-MONNAI, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKIHIKO-MONNAI

AKIHIKO-MONNAI Jedi Knight

Nov 22, 2004
    I've written SotE-style music for Legacy. So it's basically a soundtrack for the comics. The first piece is "The Fall of Ossus" and it's for the Ossus sequence in Legacy #1. It starts with a burst of the Imperial March, which is supposed follow the opening title in the beginning-of-a-movie way.

I love Legacy because it gives me the feel of watching a brand-new original trilogy. This piece of music shows what I felt when I read the comic, and while I know some of you like it and some don't, I want to share it with as many of you as possible.;)

Here we go:

1. [link=http://space.geocities.jp/akihikomonnai/Fall_of_Ossus.zip]Fall of Ossus - Force Healing - Leaving Cade[/link]

It can also be downloaded from [link=http://space.geocities.jp/akihikomonnai/eumusic.html]http://space.geocities.jp/akihikomonnai/eumusic.html[/link]. More tracks to come!

2. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I haven't listened to it yet but I wanted to post straight away and say: AWESOME! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

Edit: Okay I've listened now, and it's really great. You weave in fragments of the original Williams score with your original stuff very artfully. And you maintain a great "Star Wars" feel throughout. Reading the cues from the site to tell what times indicate what is also great.

All in all, I'm just massively impressed. I studied music and composition just long enough to know how tricky it is, so you have my respect for this.

Please, please continue! I've bookmarked the page and wait eagerly for more! :D

3. dgxxx

dgxxx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Good job man! keep up the good work![face_dancing]

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    QFT.

Awesome stuff man. It feels, to me at least, a little bit like a blend of Star Wars and Final Fantasy - and that's by no means a bad thing. [face_dancing]

Edit: And, dude, I got 'shiverspine' during the start of the "Force Healing" segment of The Fall of Ossus, so you must be doing something right ;)

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm not sure this is the correct thread for this - doesn't this count as Fan Art of some sort? - rock the hell on, dude. I opened up iTunes and played the Star Wars theme from the beginning of AotC and played yours, like you said it was supposed to be played in your post, and it's not shabby. Wonder what Jan and Jon would think.

edit: I'm interested to hear Marasiah's theme, though, because given the new Empire, I have mixed feelings about the Imperial March being used for the Sith and not remixed - a la Augie's Great Municipal Band - to something triumphant and awesome.

Was it during the bit that contained "Anakin's Dark Deeds"? Cuz that's what did it for me. I liked the music surrounding what must have been Kol's death, with the tiny little piece of the Star Wars/Luke Skywalker theme. Anyway, does anyone else envision that last, minor note of the song - the one it fades out on - to be the Jedi shuttle disappearing into hyperspace before a revolving starfield?

Any chance this can be move to a program like Garageband, and made to sound less like a midi?

6. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    I can't wait to listen to this. What a great idea!

7. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    Well, I know what I'm doing as soon as I get home from work.

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'd like to make a special request to the Moderators to consider this a form of Literature Discussion.

:)

And to make it on topic, I also think an official Legacy soundtrack should be made.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    We do have a fan audio forum but it doesn't get the same amount of traffic as Lit. Though I'm stopping by the Lit mods can have the final decision.

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 15, 1999
    =D=

You did a great job incorporating SW themes into your own original composition and maintaining seamless transitions and variations. Bravo! Keep it up. :D

11. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    This is so cool. :)

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Wow, I love these. Excellent job.

13. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Have to agree with everyone else, some good stuff. Does unfortunately sound like a midi.
    Look forward to hearing future pieces.

And BTB I concur that the Lit mods should allow this thread to stay here.

14. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    @};- @};- =D= =D= @};- @};-

*standing ovation*

Bravo, Akihiko-Monnai!

15. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I've only listened to a little of it so far, but I fully support this project. Great job! And keep up the good work!

...but now I wish there was a real Legacy movie in the works :( :p

16. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    You fans are amazing. This was amazing.

-- John

17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 19, 2000
    Seconded. And AKIHIKO-MONNAI should write it. JFO... Make it so. :)

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Amazing! =D=

I had the same thought while listening to it.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, wow that's very cool- great job! Can't wait to hear the rest (and I want to hear at least a little Duel of the Fates for Cade's "I've had enough!" :) ).

Since it's aimed at being tracked to the comics' events, I think it's related enough to stay in Lit, but you might want to make a secondary thread in the fan audio forum too and share your work with both communities.

20. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Wow. Great job! I'm really impressed. I never would have even thought of doing something like this.

21. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    I don't know what you're using to export or if you have score files, but even if you have just a midi export, I may be able to take that and upgrade the sound of the orchestra. For my own composition I use some pretty good software with some pretty good orchestra voices, so I may be able to create some better sounding files.

Really nice work. :)

- Keralys

22. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    ^ Yes, yes, to Keralys, you listen.

23. Dawud786

Dawud786 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I like.

24. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Sweeet! =P~ Now go get the London Symphony Orchestra to record these masterpieces. [:D]

Or give Keralys a try... :p ;)

25. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Even with the MIDI file it'd probably be a week or more before I could turn out higher quality versions of the files, but I'd love to. This is really well composed stuff, here.

- Keralys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.