main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Star Wars Miniatures

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Think triple play might have a starter set.

They didn't today, but they might be getting more Friday--he said he ordered some more, in addition to the Clone Strike stuff he should be getting next week.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Mmmm...naughty Twi'leks..!:)

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, at least y'all have the Twi'lek Bodyguard in the Rebel Storm set to look forward to if you get minis.

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Okay, need some advice on trading.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is VR and worth about 25 bucks on ebay. I have one available for trade on my list at starwarsmingames.com. I got three offers for him within 24 hours. One was from someone with whom I already had failed negotiations with on this same piece. I think that Obi-Wan is one of the two or three most-sought-after pieces in this set, so I asked for 20-25 Cs and UCs for him. Dude offered me about 12--I was still holding out to get the Emperor for OB1, so I declined. I got my Emperor, so now he offers 16 C/UCs. Another offered an unspecified larger number of C/UCs. Another offered a Dewback which is also VR--therefore an even trade, and I would like another, as it is technically an army builder. Tough decision, because I have a long standing trade relationship with the first. The second is probably the best deal in terms of temporal returns. The third is simpler and fair and still gets me something I want.

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Which are you going to be happier with, and who might be able to secure you future hard to find figs..?

Well, at least y'all have the Twi'lek Bodyguard in the Rebel Storm set to look forward to if you get minis.

Got him, but it's just not the same thing!

6. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Then you got the Twi'lek Scoundrel. There is a female. She comes with a long fighting staff--doing a high-kick--looks more like pole dancer than a bodyguard.

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok- NOW we're talking! :)

8. Mace_NickDU

Mace_NickDU Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    OK Ill have to put the minis on hold for now, Im sad, cause that costumes drying me out of money!And I dont get paid for a while. so mabe i can pick up the starter kit aroud christmas!

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey, between costuming, DVDs, toys, and other SW stuff you've almost have to be George Lucas to have enough money to keep up with it!

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    That's why we try to find ways to do things cheaply.

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That reminds me, do they make generic gin? :)

A penny saved is a penny that can go to George!

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Life is too short for cheap booze, Lin.

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    And too short to not enjoy all the cheap thrills you can!

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Which are you going to be happier with, and who might be able to secure you future hard to find figs..?
    Eh. Yur a lotta help. ;)
    Can't decide which I will be most happy with. I was hoping I could get a consensus from objective friends--stick with the friend you'll probably trade with him again--No, get the Dewback--you can get more common army builders any day--No, get the largest lot of army builders you can!

I guess you are picking the first one, right? Stick with the one I trust?

15. Mace_NickDU

Oct 23, 2004
    I'v murdered my piggy bank and searched the cusions of my couch and i have come up whith only 40 dollars.
    Ill buy enough figures from you ppls to play.Ill take anything. I think this woud be easiar thn buying a bunch of booster packs. cause all I need is enough to play, for now.

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Nick- I can hook you up with a free Tusken Raider. They were giving them away at the comic shop a couple months ago.

Jacob- how much is the Dewback worth, and is it more or less than the army? Which would be easier to get ahold of down the road?

I know- not much help, huh? :)

17. Mace_NickDU

Oct 23, 2004
    After my surgery I went to C and C, and got the starter set. MY mom was nice enough to go in fo me.

Heres wat I got:

stormtrooper officer
    stormtrooper
    stormtrooper
    elite hoth trooper
    wookiee soldier
    elite rebel trooper
    luke
    mon cal merc
    ewok
    vader

if theres anything some ones interested in do tell!

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm always interested in Troopers and babes!

19. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    If you are going to play, you may want to keep all those for now--unless you want to go for a set from one faction first--since you have three stormies, you could trade away your rebel C/UCs for more imperials, or vice versa--If you are just looking to collect uniques, I am always up for more troopers, myself.
    Glad you're in, Nick. ;)

Lin, I have an extra Twi'lek bodyguard for you if you don't pull one before next Wednesday.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Heh, heh...you said, "pull one"..!

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You beat me to the punch on that one, Lin. I was going to comment on the "Pulling a Twi'lek" thing, too, with "So, that's what you kids are calling it today."

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, don't let Ben in here, because I just learned that does mean that over there.

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    We were having this very discussion with a Brit. over at starwarsminigames.com and someone said in the same thread that they just pulled Sandtrooper on Dewback.

Boy was he tired! ;)

BTW, I have pretty much decided that the friend will still be a friend if I turn him down, and I would rather have one expensive Dewback than a bunch of commons that I can get bit by bit easier than getting another Dewback.

Anybody dispute my decision?

24. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    I would have done the same thing Jacob.

-Joe

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Thanks, Joe.

So, does anybody else here have minis to trade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.