main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho star wars minis

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by obi-wan_fett, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Never noticed that about Rex to begin with.

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Come play for some Star Wars Miniatures till they are all gone.

10.00 Entry Fee, every time you win a game you get to roll two dice. choose what prize from one of the rolled number you would prefer to have. If you loose your game that?s okay,you still win! You?ll still get to roll one dice and win the prize rolled.

Keep playing game after game to win more prizes till all prizes are gone.
    I am going to open a case Imperial Intanglements of star wars miniatures and the pieces with stat cards are the prizes. Commons to un-commons, rares and very rares.

Rules
    Your starting squad must contain 7 pieces. If you do not have those pieces and would like to play this is the same amount of pieces you would get from a single pack of star wars miniatures.
    1. Rare or Very Rare
    2. 1 Un Common
    3. 5 Commons

After every match you may add your new piece that you have won but you cannot be over 200 points in total and you must keep you starting squad.

You have the chance to earn a lot more then 10.00 worth of pieces.
    So come down and have some fun. I will update on the date but this game will be played at all about games if you have any other questions please e-mail me at

psxjedi76@hotmail.com

3. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    So we have to buy a pack and pay 10.00 to enter, is this correct?

4. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    no just build a squad containing no more than 7 pieces

1 rare or VR
    1 Un-common
    5 commons

or you can buy a pack that would contain the same amount of pieces but your army starting can not be over 100 points.

you may add any new pieces you win in the game as long as your army does not go over 200 points and it contains your original army.

5. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Just to clear up any confusion from our game.

So General Secura, General Windu, and Rex with Mas make clones mean and tuff.

Greater Mobile Attack

Q: Can I move the full movement (typically 6) for the character and still make multiple attacks?

A: Yes. Moving after the attacks is not required to benefit from the multiple attacks.

Q: If a character has Greater Mobile Attack and Charging Fire can it move double speed and still use all its attacks?

A: Effectively, no. Charging Fire replaces the turn. You can't use multiple attacks (like Double Attack, Triple Attack or Extra Attack) when you've replaced your turn -- those attacks are lost. You do get to make "all" your attacks, but "all" your attacks is the single attack granted by Charging Fire after your movement is over. So there is no real benefit to adding Greater Mobile Attack in this situation.

Q: Can you use Move Faster or Master Speed to increase the distance you can move while using Greater Mobile Attack?

A: Yes.

6. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Yeah so far this combo has destroyed both the Sith and the Empire. Makes Republic almost unplayable against.

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    the new set is out today, I am waiting as calmly as possible for my case. Anyone buy any boosters yet?

8. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    I got three boosters (one of each package design.) My Best Pulls Ever!!! I got the top three rares that I wanted!
    Frist pack I opened: Kyp Durron!:)
    Second pack: Arica!! (A.K.A. Mara Jade)[face_dancing]
    Last one: Luke Skywaller Rebel Commando!!!:eek:
    No Ewoks though:(

9. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Just a reminder that this comming monday prob starting at about 1pm i will be starting that case build event.

games will last at least 30 mins before they will end and then the winner would be decided by points. so that people have chances to win more prizes. just remember after your game is over you can roll for przes and then start a new game.

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I bought two boosters and got Leia, Bounty Hunter and Thrawn. Cant believe the size of the bacta tank. oh and Dan I do have Ewoks.

11. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    My case us here!

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    My case rocked. Luke Commando, Dash Render, Darth Vader, and Sit and Spin Palpatine.

13. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Just a reminder for those who might want to play some star wars minis this saturday 4/4/09 evening. I get off at 6 should be there around 6:30 pm at all about games I think dan and eric are planing to be there.

14. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Xizor's CE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He affects characters with the Black Sun ability, so the Aqualish Assassin, Human Blaster-for-hire, Klatoonian Enforcer, and Quarren Bounty Hunter.

Whether errata will be made or not regarding allies with Black Sun in their name has yet to be announced.

So in General this bites because now Guri Does not work with Xizor and Xizor does not work with the Vigos.

:mad:

15. danbinks

May 6, 2004
  16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    hey dan I did not know if you got my pm but was currious if you would like to play some minis today. We can play a couple 100-200 games or even Dynamic Duo or Fantastic 4

Dynamic Duos
    Dynamic Duo is an unofficial play format where you build a squad that has exactly two characters whose costs add up to exactly 100 points. Faction restrictions are still in effect. Abilities like Reinforcements or Reserves that add more characters to your squad are ignored.

Fantastic Four
    Fantastic Four is an unofficial play format where you build a squad that has exactly four characters whose cost add up to exactly 100-200 points, depending on what point value is played. Faction restrictions are still in effect. Abilities like Reinforcements or Reserves that add more Characters to your squad are ignored.

17. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    That Fantastic Four thing sounds fun. Maybe we should do a tournament in that format sometime.

18. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    yeah i like it alot i have a couple Really good squads that have done well.

19. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Congrats to Dan he won 2 out of 3 games we played tonight.
    The Force was for sure with him for the two games he won.

Needed a critical to kill Darth Bane with Nym or could have been a very hurting game if not prob the game. "Guess what he got it on his last of his 5 total attacks, Rancor missed a triple attack and Nym missed his first shot but then the Force was there for Dan.

Also when dan needed to kill Dengar before was about to be healed and gain Life support he got the bare min a roll of 13 before the door would open.

Those were some very fun games. I really did enjoy them thanks again Dan.

First Game Dynamic Duo

Dans Team
    Felucian Warrior on Rancor
    Nym

Rons Team
    Darth Bane
    Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel

Second Game i won
    Fantastic Four

Dans Team
    Rancor
    Nightsister Sith Witch
    Acklay
    Reek

Rons Team
    Darth Vader Force Unleashed
    Kreia
    Zayne Carrick
    Emperror Palaptine on throne

Third Game Dan Won

100 point buld

20. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Star wars Miniatures has been updated wit the Errata rules.

Black Sun
    Add the following text to the rulebook entry:
    Characters whose names contain Black Sun also count as Black Sun for purposes of effects but do not gain the other benefits of the Black Sun ability.

So in a nutshell they do not get the Blak sun SA but can get CE that are for Black Sun characters

Crack Gunner
    Add the following new rule:
    Crack Gunner +[#]: When this character combines fire with adjacent allies with Mounted Weapon, it grants the stated bonus to Damage on that attack. Enemies cannot use abilities such as Parry or Lightsaber Block to avoid that damage, Damage Reduction has no effect, and abilities such as Draw Fire or Bodyguard cannot change the target of the attack or redirect its damage. Likewise, abilities that reflect damage back to the attacker have no effect against that attack. Crack Gunner does not affect damage from effects that are not attacks, such as Force Lightning.

Hand of the Emperor
    In addition to spending its own Force Points once per turn, this character can spend Force points from a character whose name contains Emperor Palpatine once per turn. A character whose name contains Emperor Palpatine must be in your squad to use this ability.

Lightsaber Reflect
    Replace the rulebook entry with the following:
    Lightsaber Reflect: (Force; 2 Force points) When a character using this Force power is hit by a nonmelee attack, it can avoid the damage with a save of 11. If this character avoids damage in this way, the attacker takes the stated amount of damage unless it makes a save of 11. You must decide whether to use this Force power immediately after the attack hits

So the damage if any is what is stated on the characters card who reflected the damage.

Emperor Palpatine on Throne (Imperial, 13/40) Replace the commander effect with the following:

Characters in your squad can spend this character?s Force points.

Kyp Durron (New Republic, 25/40) Force Powers is mislabeled as Commander Effect.

Thrawn (Mith?raw?nuruodo) (Imperial, 24/40) The two allies that can be switched with his commander ability must have the same base size; for example, two Huge characters can switch position, but not one Large and one Huge character.

21. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I got the new map done.

this should be a fun one to try out.

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Just wondered if anyone wanted to get together tomorrow at 7pm and play some minis. I would like to play some more of the "dynamic Duo" and "fantastic Four" games.

23. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I am down with a game after work see you there

24. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Pictures of the entire next set of Minis showed up online today(5/5/09). WotC had them removed from their message boards, but they are still on ebay!!!

I can't get the link to work.[face_frustrated] Just search ebay for "Jedi Academy Minis"

25. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Thanks for posting that Dan! I can't figure out eho they all are though. very cool to see this early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.