main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I used to believe that Han Solo was not interested in the odds. I was wrong.

[​IMG]

2. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    In TPM whenever Boss Nass says something along the lines of "....Go through the planet core....now go." All the way up until yesterday, after probably 200 viewings, I thought he said "This is the plan they call....now go." I've always been so confused because obviously it makes no sense, but I have so much trouble understanding what he says for some reason that I couldn't put two and two together.

Up until a couple of years ago, I though that proton torpedoes alone had enough capacity to destroy something the size of the Death Star, and I had always wondered why they didn't just use those during space battles on the capital ships, considering no shields on a ship could tank a moon busting explosion.

3. Darth Boycs

Darth Boycs Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2018
    Years late with the reply, but there is a scene in The Princess Bride where Wesley/Roberts saves Buttercup from the quicksand.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  4. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    It took me a long time to realize that Vader tortured Han to create a disturbance in the Force. I just thought he was being sadistic, not that he was doing it on purpose.

teamhansolo likes this.
  5. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    When I was a kid, I always thought that the Mandalorians never took their armour off.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  6. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    First couple of viewings, I had the Devastator and Tantive IV switched in my mind - I thought all the action was taking inside the big triangular ship. Likely because to this day, the Tantive IV just looks too darned small to contain all the stuff we see in that opening sequence. The movie leaves one with the impression of miles of white corridors, a labyrinth of side passages for droids and dissident princesses to hide in and a large crew who have to have bunks, barracks and messes.

7. Moff Hylldar

Moff Hylldar Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2018
    Nice question :)

As a kid, I encountered the toys years before I saw the first movie. One of the action figures, even one of the first twelve, was Death Squad Commander. I somehow did realize this was a generic figure (otherwise he'd have a name instead of a job title) but I had expected them to be far more prominent in the movie.
    [​IMG]

(After all those years, it still bugs me they released the Death Squad Commander but never a Grand Moff Tarkin figure (well I suppose they eventually did but certainly not up until after Return of the Jedi. We -my buddy and I- used a RotJ Luke's head, with the hair painted gray with model kit paint, on the body of an Imp Commander, for when we needed an high ranking commander. Thinking of it, we also had an Imp Commander with an Aqualish head, years before Zahn came up with Grand Admiral Thrawn, as a rare alien within the xenophobe human military.)

8. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I used to think that that all Stormtroopers with orange pauldrons were Sandtroopers.

It wasn't until Rogue One came out and they had some troopers wearing them on Jedha that I realised the pauldrons are actually to show that the troopers are Commanders.

Jediking97 and PCCViking like this.
  9. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    That's funny. There's a book where Boba Fett's daughter gets married and they all have their armor and helmets on like ****** at the wedding.

Herald of Mandos and PCCViking like this.
  10. Herald of Mandos

Herald of Mandos Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 1, 2018
    I never realised the unmasked Vader in ROTJ and Anakin's Force-ghost at the end were the same actor (in the earlier editions, obviously). I also didn't realise unmasked Vader wasn't the same actor as the guy who normally wore the suit.

That's nothing. My brother's friend's older brother had seen the movie. No, not ROTS; this was long before that. The secret movie, in which Anakin got badly burned- I think by Force-lightning, not lava- so he put on a robot suit but it didn't work, forcing him to don the Vader suit, which turned him evil. (He wasn't evil before that).

11. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    Circa 1985, i thought lightsabers were "life savers".

Blobofat, ThisIsMe1138 and CT1138 like this.
  12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    But for Jedi at least, lightsabers are life savers. :cool:

13. Jedi of Baker Street

Jedi of Baker Street Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    It's funny, I thought he died too lol. I remember arguing with my brother about that. I said he died, my brother said he didn't and that his ship is seen flying off at the end. Of course, as HighWiredSith mentioned, we didn't really have the luxury of a rewatch so it years before we saw it again. It wasn't until ESB trailers started coming out that I had to admit my brother was right. NOW when I watch it its obvious lol.

14. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    I had thought that the Millennium Falcon was the ship that made the CASTLE run....because you know, it was so fast that it could generate electricity for a giant castle where people live.

15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I thought Rey said "the Jedi war wheel" (the Jedi were real) due to her thick accent and found myself wondering what that was.:p

16. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    I didn't get that either until I listened to the audio commentary. I also though for the longest time (obviously when I'd only seen half of the movie from behind my dad's chair as an eight-year-old) that stormtroopers were like "good Darth Vaders" and that there was an army of both. And (this is my brother's fault, not mine. He told me this) the first time I was actually interested and watched the entire movie of ANH, I thought the Rebels in the opening scene were Ghetti (Jedi, before I saw the word written. I don't even know how I came up with that one) Even now I still vaguely think "Ghetti" in my head when I see it :p

17. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    This! I just never heard it correctly. Just then I saw the line printed somewhere and said... "Ahhh, so that's what he said" LOL.

christophero30 and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  18. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    When I was a kid I thought that the lightsaber Luke uses in TESB was the same one Obi Wan used in ANH. I gues I seemed to have blocked out the scene when Obi Wan gives Luke his father's lightsaber :luke::ben::bluesaber:

19. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    I thought the same thing! I think it's because the shade of blue was different between the two sabers in the last movie. And in Empire, the blue sometimes looks closer to Obi-Wan's lightsaber. At least on home releases. In theaters, I think it looked closer to how it should.

Jediking97 and christophero30 like this.
  20. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I thought Star Wars was real.

21. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    Also the hilt of Luke's lightsaber on the box art is actually Obi Wan's
    [​IMG]

22. christophero30

May 18, 2017