main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Star Wars Music

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    DRAGONCON confirmed Star Wars Music will be coming to major SouthEastern venues later this year and early next. This looks truly amazing!

Debuting in April 2009, Star Wars: A Musical Journey will feature narration from one of the most recognizable and distinctive voices from the Star Wars Saga.

The show features an extensive selection of Oscar-winning composer John Williams' unforgettable scores from all six Star Wars films, synthesizing them into an extraordinary two-hour musical event. In addition to live narration provided by Daniels, the performance will additionally feature a state-of-the-art 100-foot video screen showing iconic scenes from the movies.

Daniels says: "I'm so excited to be asked to tell the story to such a huge audience. Years ago C-3PO conducted the London Symphony Orchestra in the Albert Hall. Most exciting night of his life... mine too. Now it's my turn to stand on Europe's greatest new stage at The O2. I'm not wearing gold this time, but Threepio will be with me in spirit."

The live multi-media performance also includes an exhibition of memorabilia from all six films, including original models, props, costumes and production artwork. The Star Wars: A Musical Journey exhibit will feature many classic fan favorite artifacts, as well as several new and never-before-seen items from the Lucasfilm Archives. Many of these exhibits are leaving Skywalker Ranch for the first time!

Full costumes for Jedi Masters Kit Fisto and Plo Koon will be on display.

For the first time ever, John Williams' original hand-written sheet music for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace will be exhibited for the public.

Also on display will be various never-before-seen props from the films, including blasters and helmets from Coruscant, Tatooine and other iconic Star Wars locations.

Star Wars: A Musical Journey is at The O2 on 10 and 11 April 2009. Tickets to are on sale online at www.theo2.co.uk or by calling 0844 856 0202.
    Star Wars: A Musical Journey is produced by Another Planet Entertainment, in association with Lucasfilm Ltd.

2. TrooperKiller

TrooperKiller Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2006
    If this comes to the Charlotte area maybe we could go as a group.

3. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    HERE ARE THE RECENT ADDED DATES that are as near as possible to us right now....

Nov 3: Atlanta, GA; Arena at the Gwinnett Center (On-sale: 9/25)
    Nov 5: Greenville, SC; Bi-Lo Center (On-sale: 9/25)

4. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007

[color=orangered][u]NOV. 7th in CHARLOTTE[/u]![/[/color]

5. fodderclone

fodderclone Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2009
    I dont think this has anything to do with anything but the star wars score is definatley the best in the world

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.