main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars One Sentence Challenge Stories

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by devilinthedetails , Nov 2, 2019.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Title: Adoption
    Author: devilinthedetails
    Summary: Beru and Owen agree to take in Luke.
    Characters: Beru Lars; Owen Lars; Obi-Wan Kenobi; Luke Skywalker

Adoption

“We’ll take him,” Beru said fiercely before Owen could speak when Obi-Wan Kenobi, aider and abetter of Anakin’s most extreme stunts during the Clone Wars if the Holonet could be believed (which it often couldn’t), commed to ask if they would take in Anakin’s son.

Title: Dreams of Flying
    Summary: On Tatooine, Luke dreams of flying.
    Characters: Luke Skywalker; Owen Lars; Anakin Skywalker

Dreams of Flying

Luke stared out over the sand dunes and dreamed of flying among the stars like his father who had been a navigator aboard a space freighter according to Uncle Owen.

Title: Just a Droid
    Summary: Obi-Wan sees Artoo for the first time in years.
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi; Artoo; Anakin Skywalker

Just a Droid

Artoo was just a droid but he hadn’t been just a droid to Anakin, who had spent hours modifying the astromech with a thousand special features and treated the feisty little droid as a comrade-at-arms, so Obi-Wan smiled as he beckoned Artoo out of the shadows, urging, “Come here, my little friend—don’t be afraid.”

@Briannakin Thanks so much for commenting! So glad you loved that series, and the one you highlighted was a particular favorite of mine. I really enjoyed being able to showcase a young Padme's determination and ambition.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Aww, a Rex and Ahsoka reunion and romance brings warm feelings to my heart. I love the idea of Luke dancing in the rain and being fascinated by it, which makes total sense given that he grew up on Tatooine. Your depiction of Han becoming an old softie when it comes to his children and then his grandchildren is perfect, and I love how the passage of time feels so seamless in it.

@Ewok_Slayer Thanks so much for participating in the challenge. Your portrayal of Han's thoughts as Kylo kills him is heart-wrenching, and it is so moving how he picks out the different features of himself, Leia, and Vader in his son as his son kills him, so there is that real sense of family connection and insight into what Han is feeling. Your treatment of Luke's thoughts and wondering how everything went so wrong is also very realistic and poignant. Just as a quick request to please make only one post a day containing one sentence stories (you can make more than one post a day if you're doing something else, such as reviewing the stories of others). Thank you:)

@Findswoman Thanks for sharing! I think you did a great job capturing how a child would think and talk!

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    @Kit' - what a tragically emotional progression you give in a single sentence. It also makes me wonder who 'he' is.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - A Miscommunication -will they/won't they at it's best. Castle and Beckett to an extent. Luke will finally spill his guts and Mara will finally see that there is more to life than running from her past.

Getting Soft - lovely. You got me there.

@Raissa Baiard - Skywalker's Home for Wayward Clones - what a quandry for Luke. Or not a quandry as all. Nice EU callback.

Same with both Infinite Ezra's. Wilhuff Tarkin School. :p

@pronker - Crescendo - Never ask a Diva what a Diva is. I really enjoyed this once and read it over and over, just to be sure I got it. :) Did I?

@Togruta Sponge Bob, Square Helmet? Never would have gotten that one.

@devilinthedetails - First Kiss - I enjoyed the bit humor here, even if unintended. I thought they were done for after the clammy kiss.

Unafraid - powerful look into the source of Anakin's fall; his selfish need to possess Padme.

@Ewok_Slayer - Family Resemblance - I was unsure how to read this becaus it seemed to have a bit of Han's previous wry wit but it at the moment of his death. tragic.

@Findswoman - I didn't get the reference, but mischievousness in Ezra's 'tone' told the story.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Togruta, Kit' , Mira_Jade and 5 others like this.
  3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Yupyupyup. Unabashed squee over her character that developed nicely in The Clone Wars series.

4. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I love Lando, past and present, and likely future. Poor Luke.

Luke felt like a battered prize fighter, ineffectively dodging the blows of a stronger more experienced opponent; barely protecting his face from continued pummeling, yet still retaining the stubborn pride that got him this far. (ESB)

Obi-Wan Kenobi watched with quiet amusement has his charge and the smuggler compared the size of their egos. (ANH)

Darth Vader had not expected his son to choose death over the Dark Side; causing Anakin Skywalker to stir within his mechanical prison. (ESB)

Lando Calrissian chaffed at the role of bounty hunter; the clothes were restrictive, the weapons lacked nuance, he was dirty, and he could probably negotiate Han's release himself without all the shooting. (ROTJ)

After meeting Rey, Finn realized that he could no longer think only of freeing himself; his immediate connection with her went far beyond affinity into the realm of a blood sister. (TFA)

There were days, seldom as they were, when Luke Skywalker questioned his bitter, bloated, blind, and baffling exile. (TLJ)

Watching the legendary Luke Skywalker drink the milk of local wildlife, allowing it to irreverently run into his beard, disgusted Rey to the point of turning away and questioning her ability to gain his help.
    (TLJ)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  5. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Opps, sorry. That is what happens when you don't read the rules.

EDIT: Here are my stories for today.

Title: Oversight
    Author: Ewok_Slayer
    Time Frame: OT

At the end of the ceremony Chewbacca turned to face the large gathering of rebel fighters before growling out in his native Shyriiwook language, “Where’s my medal?” (ANH)

Title: Betrayal
    Time Frame: PT

‘He said he would love me until the day I die…I guess that’s today,’ Padme thought sadly as ghostly fingers encircled her neck. (ROTS)

Title: Human Touch
    Time Frame: ST

‘I would tell the Jedi Master that I, along with all other Thala-sirens, am sentient…if I wasn’t so lonely.’ (TLJ)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @brodiew I'm so glad you enjoyed the humor in First Kiss since I was trying to capture that awkwardness of a teenage first kiss. At first, I thought that would be the end of their relationship too, but then I decided to make Padme more forgiving and explore their relationship in more depth. Unafraid was definitely a chilling one for me to write because to me it captured in essence the biggest reason for Anakin's downfall. Nice job with all your one sentence stories. I especially liked the one where Obi-Wan watched Han and Luke compare the size of their egos[face_laugh]and the one where Anakin Skywalker is stirred by Luke's choice of death over the Dark Side. Great insights into what some of our favorite movie characters are thinking throughout the saga!

@Ewok_Slayer No worries, and thanks for sharing some more stories! The Chewie one makes me laugh because really where was Chewie's medal, the Padme one made me very sad since it was so tragic, and the last one made me both amused and sad at the same time.

brodiew, pronker and Mira_Jade like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    "An Unlikely Friendship"
    When Mara joined the crew of the Wild Karrde, it was Ghent, the Barollian slicer, whose temperament struck an answering chord, as both of them were excellent at their jobs and who were unaccustomed to receiving or seeking out the companionship or confidings of others; Ghent was shyly bedazzled by Mara's loveliness, although he made sure to keep this opinion to himself.

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    These have been absolutely wonderful! Well done, everyone! :D [face_dancing] =D=

Um, this became a bit of a long post as I play catch-up from the last few days, so please bear with me, but there have been so many gems and I wanted to honor as many as possible! [:D] [face_love]

Whew! What a gut-punch. A perfect way to start off this challenge. =D=

&
    Oh, wow! Both of these were amazing Lando characterizations! I think they were my favourites from you thus far - really well done! =D=

I loved this one - Luke really did have a bit of a Rocky Balboa esque vibe in ESB - he's fighting and fighting even when he's the clear underdog and refusing to give up. That stubborn pride surely is the marker of Anakin Skywalker in his veins, and Vader had to see a bit of his old self in Luke's resiliency. =((

Ah! Exactly. Perfectly heavy hitting in the very best of ways. =D=

This was just beautiful. All of my grips about the ST aside, I absolutely adore how quickly Rey and Finn's friendship developed and became something essential to both of them. Beyond affinity into the realm of a blood sister - perfect. =D= [face_love]

Wonderful job with all of these, my friend! [:D]

Yep, no sparks here! [face_mischief] Neither between the masters or for their apprentices. [face_whistling] I adored this glimpse of such a happier, easier time for Obi-Wan. It was a beautiful moment to capture. [face_love]

Oh! Nice glimpse of the sheevster, and an unexpected gem from our very own undisputed Mistress of Mush! [face_mischief] =D=

Aw! You captured this time frame perfectly. They spent so long poised right there on the brink of more that you just wanted to shove them both right on over and be done with the tension. :p But this little glimpse of their mutual pining was delicious, to say the least. ;) [face_love]

Well you know how much I love this one. Please and thank-you, canon, this is everything that makes my heart happy about these two. [face_love]

Wonderful job with all of your offerings! [:D]

Oh wow! I am so glad you decided to give this challenge a go! Because all of your sentences packed a punch, and really wanted to make me read more of every single sketch of a story idea. Really, really well done. =D=

Oh my goodness, but I just about lost it with this one. Perfect Satine characterization is perfect. I can just imagine Qui-Gon standing there before all of the Mandalorian's fury and trying to remain unaffected while Obi-Wan just looks on in horror. I well appreciated this scene . . . :p [face_laugh]

I would not have gotten this one were it not for the comments, and now that I have I can't unsee it. Wonderfully tongue in cheek humor! :p [face_laugh] =D=

I loved this entire set, looking at how Padmé tries to balance love and her career, but this last sentence was just such a perfect characterization of everything that was right and wrong with their relationship. It stole my breath. Beautiful. =D=

I LOVED this one. Both for this glimpse at Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship from a third party, but for Beru's courage and her beautifully large heart. It's so easy to see many of Luke's finer qualities in his aunt here. [face_love] =D=

Artoo has such a beautiful heritage, and it was wonderful to see it honored here! [face_love]

All of your sentences were beyond wonderful - thank you for sharing your work with us, and for hosting this challenge in the first place. [:D]

I'm glad you're wondering, you bitter old hermit. Now get off your duff and do something about it! :p A wonderful moment of introspection. =D=

THANK-YOU! Definitely a major gripe from ANH. [face_waiting]

Oh, ow. =(( You really are aces at packing quite the emotional punch with just a few small words. Bravo and well done! With this and all of your sentences. =D=

Oh, so gut punching with just a few words! :( I am presuming that's the soil of Lasan he's holding - and can imagine how less than pleased Zeb will be to see Ezra so blithely handling it without realizing its importance. What a way to tell a story with just a few words! =D=

Truly excellent work, everyone! Keep it coming with the mighty fine offerings! =D=

9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I like the basic honesty of Ezra most of all. [face_love]

Anakin's love and empathy for machines came through, even if the empathy faded for sentients ... :(

Both film Lando's showed great appreciation for nuance, loved this!

She wanted and needed the touch of a Force sensitive, maybe she had a touch of sensitivity herself?[face_dunno]

Loved Ghent in his appearances!!

10. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    We Meet Again (OT)
    Hera Syndulla was just as lovely as she had been when he’d first met her on Lothal, and Lando was just about to propose that she join him for a drink for old times’ sake when a small boy with green hair came hurtling down the hallway shouting, “Mama!”

My Spirit Animal Is a Loth-rat
    It just figured, Caleb Bridger thought peevishly, that if the Force sent him an animal guide like it had his dad, it would be a Loth-rat.

11. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thank you all for the lovely comments on my second set. Love Lando! What a great character. So many ways to go. I am fascinated by the entire Vader-Luke battle/exchange on Bespin. Luke was so outmatched. But Vader also underestimated him.

@devilinthedetails: Just a droid. I like that scene in the film and you did excellent job of showing us that not only did OBi-Wan recognize R2, but that he was a link to Anakin.

@Ewok_Slayer: Oversight. Smirk. Indeed. Why is that the non-human gets overlooked. Darned Rebel Alliance! Co-pilots get no respect.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha : An Unlikely Friendship. This is an excellent look at the commonalities they shared in personality as well as one they many not. Love the Ghent mention as well.

@Raissa Baiard: My spirit animal is a loth-rat. Poor Ezra. I wonder what wisdom the rat will provide.

We Meet again - Keep it up Raissa. I'll read momma Hera meets the GFFA until the the Loth-cows come home!

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    @Raissa Baiard - I just adored both of those sentences, each in their own way. Mama!Hera meeting Lando again plus one was a treat. I can only imagine the look on Lando's face to see little Jacen running after her. And poor Caleb! A Loth-rat must have been quite the surprise. Well, judge one not by their size or, um, all around general vermin-ness. :p I would definitely read more about Caleb and the adventures of his spirit-animal. [face_mischief] =D=

And, now, to share a few run-on sentences of my own . . .

“and we keep marching on”
    (Saga-PT; TCW | Ensemble Cast)​

Respite (Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker & Ahsoka Tano)

Sometimes it was easy to forget how very young Ahsoka was – and Anakin too, for that matter – but Obi-Wan Kenobi felt every one of his own years as he draped a single blanket around the two figures slouched over the tactical table, sound asleep even as the thundering from the war-front continued to echo through the command tent.

Azure (Bly & Aayla Secura)

The skies over Kamino were perpetually swollen with cinereous hues of grey, but Bly remembered how the rain-clouds had once parted to reveal the purest, brightest blue he’d ever seen – and that memory was strangely at the forefront of his mind the first time he met his Jedi general, blazing a path on the battlefield like sunlight tearing through a storm.

Warranty (Plo Koon & Wolffe)

Plo Koon fought to keep his emotions in check as his commander met his gaze with his one remaining eye and entreated to keep his commission – “I know I’m a defective unit now, sir, but I can prove my worth if you’d only allow me back in my intended capacity” – before he interrupted Wolffe, declaring that he’d have no other clone officer serve by his side.

Wager (Styles & Rex & Thire)

Though every one of them was certain that their Jedi would be the strongest if pitted against each other – and Styles even declared that his Commander Dume was more than a match for Commander Tano, to which Rex had laughed outright – it was Thire who got to smugly say, “General Yoda,” and win the debate every time.

Freedom (Jesse & Kix)

"Have you thought about what you're going to do next, when all this is over?" Kix asked, his voice distant after a day when he lost more of their brothers than he was able to save, and Jesse only shrugged in reply without bothering to admit that he sometimes doubted they'd ever truly walk free of the war.

Ordnance (Ahsoka Tano & Rex)

"C'mon, Rexter, let me help – you know that Master Skywalker isn't going to do his share of the flimsi-work, so why can't I – " but Ahsoka faltered when she saw that the files were reports on ordnance depletion (casualty reports) that he didn't sign with his name, but rather his number, bile suddenly rising in her throat as she understood why he'd first attempted to shield her.

Outcry (Barriss Offee & Luminara Unduli)

"Barriss, won't you talk to me?" came her former Master's voice from outside her cell, but Barriss grit her teeth and refused to turn and face Luminara, knowing full well that she'd already said everything there was to say with her actions instead.

Absolution (Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Of course, Obi-Wan was the one who eventually came out to find him, still staring down the Temple steps where Ahsoka had disappeared, but Anakin had no absolution to grant, only a low growl of, "this is all your fault – yours and the Council's, too," before he brushed past his former Master and stalked off into the night.

Autonomy (Fives & Rex)

"No, we're not going to let her leave like this; we're going to find our commander and bring her back – " home, Fives would have finished before Rex threw an arm out to stop him, the hard look in his eyes insisting that all of them would honor Ahsoka's decision, little though they may have liked her choice themselves.

Impending (Sheev Palpatine & Anakin Skywalker)

“Still, it’s a shame to have failed one whom you’ve guided for so long, especially after fighting so hard to keep her by your side,” Chancellor Palpatine placed a hand on Anakin’s shoulder, watching, all the while, as the chains he’d so patiently bound over the years tightened one link more.

~MJ @};-

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Findswoman , brodiew, pronker and 2 others like this.
  13. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Title: Hyperdrive
    Summary: Anakin dreams of installing a hyperdrive in his Podracer.
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker; Shmi Skywalker

Hyperdrive

Late at night in the drab slave quarters of Mos Espa, Anakin wished he could install a hyperdrive in his Podracer so he could fly away from Tatooine with his mother.

Title: Free from Suffering
    Summary: Anakin's mother is free from suffering.

Free from Suffering

Anakin had always dreamed of freeing his mother, and now she lay in the sand, free from suffering at last.

Title: Slave to Fate
    Summary: Anakin is a slave to fate.

Slave to Fate

Although his mother was finally free from suffering, Anakin, tortured by guilt and grief, felt more a slave to fate than ever.

Title: Sick of Red Sand
    Summary: Anakin is sick of red sand.
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker

Sick of Red Sand

After Geonosis and Tatooine, Anakin was sick of red sand.

@Mira_Jade Thank you so much for commenting! I'm so happy to hear that you loved the Padme set since I really enjoyed being able to delve into Padme's mind and experiences with those sentence stories. Her efforts to balance her career with her love life intrigued me throughout, so it's nice to know that you were also drawn into them. Unafraid was definitely one of my favorite sentences since I felt it encapsulated both Padme's and Anakin's personalities as well as the reason why their relationship was ultimately so unhealthy for both parties. I'm so flattered that it could steal your breath away, though, and that you found it so beautiful. So glad that you liked Adoption as well since it warmed my heart to be able to portray Beru's strength and compassion, which are two great qualities that I definitely feel that she passed onto Luke, and to give some insight into the Obi-Wan/Anakin dynamic from an outsider's perspective, which was refreshingly different for me. I really do love Artoo's complex and exciting backstory, so I very much enjoyed having a chance to shine a spotlight on that in the Just a Droid sentence story. I really enjoyed all your stories but especially Respite (so cute how Obi-Wan places a blanket over a sleeping Anakin and Ahsoka), Absolution (such a sad insight into the dynamics between Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Ahsoka), and Impending (which really shows how manipulative Palpatine can be of Anakin).

@pronker Yeah, I think you hit on a tragic irony with Anakin that his affinity for droids lingered after much of his capacity for compassion toward people had faded.

@brodiew, that scene has always been one of my favorites in ANH, so I loved being able to delve into it in more detail, and to interpret Obi-Wan's "my little friend" as a sign that he did recognize Artoo. I like to imagine Obi-Wan feeling a connection through Artoo back to Anakin in that moment especially since he was with Anakin's son.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  15. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Thank you for your kind comment! I'm so happy that you found my Anakin pieces so in-character for him. And I love your "Unlikely Friendship" story from yesterday. Great job with that one:D

16. Ewok_Slayer

Nov 24, 2004
    Title: Anakin's Burning Thoughts

'A brother doesn’t ask you to commit treason, doesn’t turn your wife against you, steal your weapon…and he definitely doesn’t take the unfair advantage of high ground!'

Title: Regrets

‘Did he think I was talking about moral high ground?’ Obi-Wan thought mournfully as he picked up Anakin’s lightsaber.

Title: Baffled on Myrkr
    Time Frame: Original Thrawn Trilogy

‘Why can’t I kill him…why…why…why?’ Mara mused before deciding the Force was perhaps hinting that Skywalker might be useful to her in the future.

I love everybody's sentences. I am trying to do NaNoWrMo this year so I got way behind on my replies and now it is to the point that I would never catch up on any personal responses. So I am giving a shout out to everybody, "Great work!"

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo on Anakin's Burning Thoughts and Regrets and SQUEE for Baffled on Myrkr. Yup, I'll just bet she's "bothered, bewitched, and bewildered" ;) [face_love]

18. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    This happenstance would set him aback for … a nanosecond.:lando:

Ah, he's a touch of the poet in him.

Ahsoka thinks twice about what she's seen. =((

I thought that was some of the best acting in the whole movie, her death and his reaction.

For sure.

Obi-Wan, your heart's breaking once more.

Best wishes to you!!^:)^

19. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    Title: The Good Transmitter Moves Along
    Author: Oddly Salacious
    Time frame: Saga-OT

TK-4981 watched a battered freighter lift into the bright blue Mos Eisley sky, quietly marveling at the shrewd old man who had known that he was looking for 'droids.

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    @devilinthedetails - Thanks for the kind words! I love exploring the bonds between Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka - and all these dear TCW characters, really - so I'm all to happy to hear that you enjoyed reading them too. :) Then, I really appreciated your latest set about Anakin. You have quite the knack for shrewd insights where our PT cast is concerned, and this set was no exception! Free From Suffering really struck the most resounding chord with me, and that chord just echoed in Slave to Fate next! Chills, again! Bravo! =D=

@Ewok_Slayer - An excellent musing on what truly makes the high ground! Both tongue in cheek and heavy hitting all at once. Nicely done! But my favourite of this set was definitely Mara's baffled introspection on Myrkr! Useful to her in the future is definitely one way to put it. :p [face_mischief] :*

@pronker - Yep, Bly sure did end up a little bit of a poet here, but that's just what Aayla does to him, the poor doomed barve. =(( And . . . yeah, the war made Ahsoka grow up so, so fast, for better and worse! But she's going to be such a stalwart fighter for everything she has experienced and persevered through. [face_love] Thank-you for the feedback. :)

@Oddly_Salacious - Oh, nice! I never thought about what TK-4981 must have thought post Obi-Wan's mind trick, but there you have it. :p =D=

Alrighty, since my last set had quite a bit more angst than I first intended, here I am throwing Legends mush and happiness around like confetti for everyone to enjoy . . . so, enjoy! ;) [face_love] [:D] (And, erm, I'm sorry that there are a dozen of these - apparently, if my muse can't be wordy in one way it just finds another. :oops: [face_laugh] [face_blush])

“So I Gave My Heart a Voice”
    (Beyond-Legends; Post-VoTF | Luke Skywalker/Mara Jade & Ensemble Cast)​

Bemusement

“I just don’t believe this; it makes no sense,” was all that Leia could repeat, stunned after Luke and Mara shared the news of their engagement, while Han tired not to grin as he echoed, “yeah, no one saw it coming,” without necessarily agreeing outright.

Lucrative

“It's time to pay up – I win,” Mirax sent the group message out to the crews of the Wild Karrde and Errant Venture; the pilots of Rogue and Wraith Squadron, both current and former; more than a few members of the Jedi Order; along with various other assorted scoundrels and New Republic officials for winning the long standing – and now quite lucrative – pot predicting just when a certain Jedi Grandmaster and ex-Imperial operative would finally stop denying the obvious between them.

Merciless

“And that means you too, Corran – c'mon, every cred, cough it up!”

Courtesy

As much as Luke appreciated Teneniel and Isolder’s beautifully expressed congratulations for his impending nuptials, it was Mara who crinkled her nose and put the Dathomiri fertility chalice the Hapan queen sent along with her message in the pile of gifts that they would respectfully – but resolutely – be putting in storage.

Reconsider

“Can I call you Aunt Mara now?” it was Jaina’s earnest grin as she accepted the girl’s impromptu embrace that made Mara consider that maybe – just maybe – she’d been too hasty in thinking she knew whether or not she wanted children of her own.

Next

Shut up, farmboy,” still, she had to save some sort of face when Luke caught that last thought from her mind – no matter the warm, giddy sort of fluttering she felt in her heart for knowing that, someday, a family of their own was something he desired just as much as she suddenly yearned for herself.

Assess

With Mirax and Faughn standing to the left of the mirror, and Leia and Jaina to the right, their knowing grins only helped solidify the knowledge that: yes, this dress is the one – even as Mara playfully shrugged Luke from her mind; he’d get no sneak peaks from her end of the bond, no matter how he tried.

Guardian

When Mara came to his office and quietly asked – her voice uncharacteristically halting, thick with emotion – if he’d be the one to walk her down the aisle, Karrde felt his own eyes burn with a feeling then too large for words as he wrapped her in an embrace and fondly kissed her brow; he could imagine no greater gift than the honor she was bestowing upon him.

Type

“I know, Jace, you’re just jealous that Uncle Luke is marrying her and not - ” but Anakin’s words were cut short when Jacen abandoned fiddling with his necktie in favor of tackling him to the ground; he didn’t free his little brother until he promised that he’d never say anything that mortifying (and yet embarrassingly true) ever again.

Reflection

“Boys,” Han growled as he tidied up his errant offspring after breaking apart their tussle, “do we need to go over our How to Act a Solo in Public, because so help me there will be no unnecessary roughhousing, unwarranted sarcasm, or unapproved use of the Force until the wedding is over – have I made myself perfectly clear?”

Precedent

“He got her a ship,” Jaina sighed as Leia finished adding flowers to her elaborate crown of braids for the ceremony, “can you imagine anything more romantic than that, Mom?” to which Leia only smiled, wryly acknowledging that in the future some very special young man was going to have quite the pattern to follow if he wanted to capture her daughter’s heart.

Winding

In the end, every long year and missed moment between them didn’t matter; with that first kiss sealing them together as husband and wife, Luke only knew that he now had every moment from here on out for the rest of their lives to look forward to – together.

~MJ @};-

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Only the inimitable @Mira_Jade could write single-sentences that are so CAPSLOCKINGLY QUOTABLE!

[face_laugh] SQUEEEE! a million times! ^:)^

“So I Gave My Heart a Voice”
    Gorgeous set title!

Bemusement
    “I just don’t believe this; it makes no sense,” was all that Leia could repeat, stunned after Luke and Mara shared the news of their engagement, while Han tried not to grin as he echoed, “yeah, no one saw it coming,” without necessarily agreeing outright.

Too spot-on! Leia would be bemused and Han, not. [face_mischief]

Lucrative
    “It's time to pay up – I win,” Mirax sent the group message out to the crews of the Wild Karrde and Errant Venture, the pilots of Rogue and Wraith Squadron, more than a few members of the Jedi Order, along with various other assorted scoundrels and New Republic officials for winning the long standing – and now quite lucrative – pot predicting just when a certain Jedi Grandmaster and ex-Imperial operative would finally stop denying the obvious between them.

Merciless
    “And that means you too, Corran – c'mon, every cred, cough it up!”

[face_rofl] Naturally, Mirax had a betting pool going and she raked the creds in. Because the only ones who were oblivious were the pair in question. 8-}

Courtesy

Great throw-back to echoes/traces of CoPl. :oops:

Reconsider
    “Can I call you Aunt Mara now?” it was Jaina’s earnest grin as she accepted the girl’s impromptu embrace that made Mara consider that maybe – just maybe – she’d been too hasty in thinking she knew whether or not she wanted children of her own.

Next
    “Shut up, farmboy,” still, she had to save some sort of face when Luke caught that last thought from her mind – no matter the warm, giddy sort of fluttering she felt in her heart for knowing that, someday, a family of their own was something he desired just as much as she suddenly yearned for herself.

Melts!

Guardian
    When Mara came to his office and quietly asked – her voice uncharacteristically halting, thick with emotion – if he’d be the one to walk her down the aisle, Karrde felt his own eyes burn with a feeling then too large for words as he wrapped her in an embrace and fondly kissed her brow; he could imagine no greater gift than the honor she was bestowing upon him.

A touching missing scene! Thanks for including it.

Precedent
    “He got her a ship,” Jaina sighed as Leia finished adding flowers to her elaborate crown of braids for the ceremony, “can you imagine anything more romantic than that, Mom?” to which Leia only smiled, wryly acknowledging that in the future some very special young man was going to have quite the pattern to follow if he wanted to capture her daughter’s heart.

The Jade Sabre is indeed a hard act to follow! :cool:
    Winding Delicious wrap!

22. Ewok_Slayer

Nov 24, 2004
    Ah man, if Jacen did have a crush on Mara, then what happened on the EU is doubly horrible.

I was thinking, "Hey, Han got Leia a planet!" (When he won Dathomir in a Sabacc game). I hope Jaina is not expecting something like that.

All the sentences were great.

23. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I had grand plans of going through each one and giving feedback and then DRL snuck up and smashed me from behind. So believe me when I say that these are all really awesome. Some have made me laugh out loud (Vader reflecting on how unattractive Luke is) and others made me want to read the rest of the story - awesome work everyone!

This was yesterday's effort and taken from USJS characters.

Best laid plans and all that...

Master Zahalin put down the copies of the holopapers and smiled, the plan was going off without a hitch, the Jedi had good press for once, the students all seemed settled and nothing was going to ruin her mood and then the doorbell rang.

24. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Sleeping Sith

Sidious' shortsighted superior slept, snoring slightly, so self-serving Sith student slithered soundlessly, sinister soul seeking silence.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic alliterative sentence @Togruta =D= Quite the accomplishment. :cool: