main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Original Trilogy viewing...

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Fleeboy, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    Hey there londoners...didn't even think to check the UK fan force site before.

Anyway, I'm trying to see if anyone is interested in getting together (in central london) to watch the Original Trilogy on DVD when they come out on September 11. Thought it would be fun! Don't know exactly where yet though... someone's living room if we are few... or we can rent a function room if we're a lot and just have a projector.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

And, to introduce myself (as this is my first post here and you all seem to know each other), I'm a bit of a Star Wars fan. Loved the OT, grew up with the vintage figs (then sold them like so many other kids), and collected for 2 years the new figs right after Uni (you can see my collection at http://www.geocities.com/l_escario/main_menu.HTML). And, lastly, I'm a half Filipino/ half Irish guy who moved to London a year and a half ago and I haven't met a Star Wars fan here since :eek: (but I haven't looked either)!

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Welcome Fleeboy

An interesting idea you propose. I myself have not seen the Original OT (I know I saw the Original ESB but have no memory of most of the film as I was too young) so I'd like to see what all the fuss is about :p

3. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    :eek: YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE OOT!!!!:eek:

HAN SHOT FIRST!

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So I'm led to believe :p

5. Fleeboy

May 6, 2001
    and jabba was a fat bearded irish man! :D

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes, how odd that was.
    Thankfully it was changed in the SE.

7. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Uh oh... I think you may have caused a big fight to be approaching the boards soon.

Personally I thought Declan Mulholland was a top bloke when I met him a couple of years before he died. Although he did like to tell "blue" jokes and Michael Sheard had to calm him down :p

Great idea for a meet though, and welcome to FanForce too!

8. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    There was never a scene with Jabba in 77. The Irish guy was filmed but not used as his apperance had to change for Jedi. Then in 97 they went in and replaced him with the CG model.

9. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    with you on that one

but orinal triology

now is there a box set avaible

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi Fleeboy, and welcome to the London FF :)

Nice idea for a meet, we've tried these in the past and they never seem to work out and I'm not sure I can watch all three in one go, but there may be some takers for you on this one.
    I don't plan to get these new DVD releases either. I have the originals on VHS though, hut I'll wait for either the next generation of DVD or the new rumoured versions for next year.

11. Fleeboy

May 6, 2001
    yeah, there don't seem to be many takers... and I'm thinking twice about getting it myself. Problem is, GL is being his same old self again by selling the Special Editions with these DVD's, so you'd be looking at spending £20 per installment (each installment has two DVDs -- the OT version and the SE version), which makes 60 quid for all three? [face_shame_on_you]

12. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    ... And next year a box set of all six :D

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I just want a prequel box-set
    I like my OT box-set as it is, no need to get them again.

14. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    I'll be getting the. i was one of the crazy assed fan boys who signed every petition going for these. And the fact that they're limited edition makes me mad.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Also makes them a good asset for the future.

Limited edition = Worth money in a few years time.

16. Fleeboy

May 6, 2001
    that's one way of looking at it...

I see it as:

Limited Edition = excuse to price things more than they should be :D

17. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Howdy Fleeboy, hope you're enjoying yourself here. Where in London are you now, you might be near some star wars fans as we speak (well, tap). I'm up for watching them all as it seems to be what we usually do anyway. There's a few conventions coming so you should keep your eyes peeled for them too. It's always good to meet new faces. [:D]

18. Fleeboy

May 6, 2001
    hey there Kiz-Joa_Janall, i'm based in Central London... Hendon Central to be exact. Yeah, I'll keep my ears open for any future meetups/conventions, and be sure to drop in (if they're not too far).

19. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    i'm up for a viewing of the star wars movies. Havent seen any of them since April. so hanging out big time!
    Plus my DVD collection is still in australia :( so any opprtunity will not be missed!

20. Fleeboy

May 6, 2001
    Cool! Our numbers are slowly growing....

We'll if we do have enough numbers and a place to watch em, we should go for Sept 16 (saturday). I'll see if I can secure an area...

21. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    hey Fleeboy

did you end up watching the trilogy? I slept all weekend :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.