main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars PC games on sale right now at GOG.com

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DJT, Oct 4, 2017.

1. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    https://www.gog.com

Forgive me if this is an inappropriate post but if you want to get a good deal on some Star Wars games for PC, here's your chance. I highly recommend Jedi Academy, best Jedi simulator ever!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I downloaded Shadows of the Empire and am playing it with a controller as it doesn't have mouse aim anyway. I remember the levels like the palm of my hand, but the difficulty clearly stems from a more unforgiving era of game design. I'm not even close to mastering the game like I did in my childhood. Much of my mastery simply came from compensating for the game's shortcomings. That being said, the controller I'm playing with is not that good, and you will simply never regain the dexterity and reaction speed of your childhood. I played for little over an hour and almost reached Gall Spaceport, but was killed at the last second by IG-88, whom I had brought down to 1% health! :oops:
    ETA: I was playing on medium difficulty.

Scapro Tyler and DJT like this.
  3. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    I'll admit I debated on buying this. I remember renting it and playing it on N64 when I was young but looking back at it, there are now better Star Wars games to play like Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

4. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Curiously, character movement has been sped up significantly. Your character comically moves at double speed, like old silent films. I dunno if this is due to compatibility issues. It's both a blessing and a curse. The game has very large levels, so it's a welcome addition for traversing long distances. But it also makes jumps more difficult to manage.

DJT likes this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Turn on Vsync in your video card settings.

Life likes this.