main
side
curve

Challenge Star Wars Random Elements Challenge--or exercising your creative muscles NEW Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by kateydidnt, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Question- what exactly is a space slug?

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Force Ghost star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    Remember that thing that the Falcon thought was a cave? That's a space slug.

3. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Challenge 38
    Grand Admiral Thrawn and Exar Kunn :: Rebel Alliance :: "I love you." "I know."

4. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    So, yes, I've let this go for a while...

so here are numbers 39 and 40

Challenge 39:
    A Stormtrooper and Bib Fortuna :: Kessel Run :: hate

Challenge 40:

Windy and Watto :: Mos Espa Raceway :: Binary Star System

(ok, that was really weird of the 8 elements in those two challenges, *five* of them have to do with Tatooine...and it was completely random...)

Oh, if you're not sure who Windy is, look him up on Wookieepedia or CUSWE (under Windom Starkiller) he's one of Luke's childhood friends on Tatooine.

5. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Challenge 41:
    Jobal Naberrie and a clone :: Mines of Kessel :: "Go ahead, make my day."

Challenge 42:
    a security officer and Nute Gunray :: an exclusive club :: financial reforms

6. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Challenge 43

Lando Calrissian and Crix Madine :: a discovery :: Outer Rim

Challenge 44

Senator Palpatine and an Imperial officer :: Cloud city :: "I'll never join you!"

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I have taken on Challenge 11:

Dooku: Sabe: a death order: yoda's gimer stick.

My response: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26691982&brd=10476&replies=0]My Master's Bidding[/link]

8. DarthJishyWishy

DarthJishyWishy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    Challenge 34

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26693374&brd=10476]Technical Difficulties[/link]

Please give feedback.
    :)

9. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Ummm ... I thought Windy was a she. *Goes to re-check the ANH novelization*

10. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Here's another one!

Challenge 21:
    In-Laws and Han Solo :: an exclusive club :: "It was a dark and stormy night"

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26712948/p1/?11]Dinner With Her Dad[/link]

11. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Nope, definitely a he.

CUSWE entry:
    One of Luke's friends at Anchorhead on Tatooine, Windy - as he was known to his friends - was just as rambunctious as Luke. When they were young boys, they got stuck in the desert when they set out after Luke's pet dewback, Huey. They escaped from a krayt dragon only after Ben Kenobi helped them out, bringing the boys back their homes in one piece.

And one of the sources listed is the ANH novelization.

And thank you Brodiew and DarthJishyWishy for your answers to the challenges! Y'all are awesome!

And here is challenge 45!

[hl=silver]Challenge 45:
    Luke Skywalker and Asajj Ventress :: Chandrila :: sweet smells
    [/hl]

12. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    Challenge 44
    Senator Palpatine and an Imperial officer :: Cloud city :: "I'll never join you!"

I'll take a stab at it soon...

13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I started 24, but never finished and just looked at 23. Very interesting. Mara and Mace in a supply closet discussing redemption?

I may just try that one.

14. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    *materializes*

You guys mind if I join in?

EDIT: Here it is; a little bit of nothing.

Challenge 45
    June 02, 2007

Chandrila, of all places. After years of living on the run from the Emperor?s wrath, Asajj Ventress has landed herself on farm-covered, politician-infested Chandrila. So there she is, just at the right place and time ? capital city, in the middle of a battle. TIEs and X-wings swoop overhead, and in the midst of the cacophony and panic, she has nothing better to do than stare.

Life is quiet with the Empire around, at least when one does not have to worry about being found out. Thank the Force for shields. But the reason she is not covering in a cellar somewhere but out in the open, where debris rain down, is sheer curiosity. And perhaps a perceived threat, but it is unlikely. The presence she senses can only be an untrained individual. She squints mentally, attempting to pinpoint it?Up there. In a fighter. Should she risk revealing herself and use the Force? What is there to lose? It?s a boring planet anyway.

She can feel the way the Force flows through him, the way it guides the movements of the fighter ? must be that one in the distance, the rebel ship that just avoided being blown to pieces. A rebel. Perhaps he knows about his abilities and is running for his life as well. Asajj smiles. Or tries to; the outcome might be something else altogether. Think you?re something else, don?t you, boy? You will not live into your thirties.

Maybe he?s heard her; maybe it is fate laughing at him?the fighter is on fire, screaming on its way down, crashing and burning. Something compels her to sprint through the war zone, dodging falling bits of concrete.

Up close, it smells even more of soot and burning fuel. Smoke rises from torn, charred metal. The pilot must still be in there. She retrieves here lightsaber from the inside of her jacket. Oh yes, she still carries it, despite the trouble it can attract. A Sith never loses her pride. Once Sith, always Sith, she reminds herself, and leaps onto the nose of the fighter.

Her blade hums to life and slices through the cockpit window; revealing the unconscious pilot. Unconscious and unprotected. She lifts his visor for a better look at his face. Blond. Younger than she thought. His eyes snap open. They are blue. Brighter than hers.

?You?re one of us,? he whispers.

?Yes.?

?You?re going to kill me now.?

A scarlet river runs down his chin.

?Your blood smells sweet.?

He says nothing. Pretty, too. What a shame. With one swift motion of her arm, she delivers the killing blow, and licks the blood from his lips. >

15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Dang! That was brutal, __sithspawn__! She's a nasty one, that Ventress.

Challenge 24:
    In-Laws and Wedge Antilles :: shelter :: pregnancy

Wedge Antilles had an extreme dislike for his mother in law. To say that he would like her to rest uncomfortably in the 9th Correllian Hell would be an understatement. One the many reasons that he found her so insufferable was her ceaseless talk about her dead husband. It dominated and consumed every conversation he attempted with her. Though ashamed of the thought, Wedge sometimes wished the old Womp Rat would have died with her husband.

?Iella,? Wedge whined, ?Do I really have to go with you? You know how I feel about your mother. I?d rather run the Death Star trench again than spend another minute with her.?

?Come over here and zip me up,? Iella Antilles replied, standing in front of a full length mirror smoothing down her red evening dress ?and quit that complaining. We see her once or twice a year. Is that so hard??

Wedge?s eyes opened wide and his mouth fell open, incredulous of her insensitivity.

?I?ll go, Iella, for you, but when I die five years before my time, you can attribute it to each visit I had to suffer through. Then you?ll wonder why you made me go.?

?I know how painful it is for you to be around her, dear, but imagine how she would make you feel if we didn?t give her the news in person.?

Wedge moved behind her and admired his wife?s shapely form in mirror, peaking over her shoulder and down the front of dress. Kissing her neck, he said ?I can imagine much more exciting things than spending two hours eating and talking?er, listening to your mother.?

?Cool your thrusters, flyboy. You aren?t getting out of this, regardless of how sexy you are. Are you ready to go??

?Is that a rhetorical question?? has asked.

She turned and looked him over. ?You?ll do,? she said with a wink.

?Thanks. I guess that means it?s time to face the music.?

I'm gonna give a try on #23 as well.

16. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Never noticed this thread before. There are some definite possibilities I could totally frak up. :p

17. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Do it, leiamoody. these challenges can be a lot of fun.

18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Challenge 43
    Lando Calrissian and Crix Madine :: a discovery :: Outer Rim

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/27907610/p1/?1]Under The Radar[/link] is my latest response to this really cool series of challenges.

It is a great way to conquer DWB or if you just can't write another word on your WIP. I think this is my 4th or 5th.

I highly recommend you give it a try. It will stretch your creativity as well.

19. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Challenge 46

[hl=yellow]A Rebel Soldier and Mace Windu :: a formal reception :: "Go ahead, make my day."
    [/hl]
    Challenge 47

[hl=silver]A defector
    and Darth Maul :: Mustafar :: "Join the dark side."
    [/hl]

20. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    So it has been a very long while, but here is a new one!

[hl=skyblue]Challenge 48:

a pilot and Corran Horn :: force suppression :: click
    [/hl]

21. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Hi I'm replying to the latest challenge.

Challenge 48:
    A pilot and Corran Horn :: force suppression :: Click
    Hangar

?What?s your name?? Corran Horn asked when he saw a confused kid just walking around in a pilot?s suit.
    ?Uh?. Finis Shiver,? the kid replied in a rather high voice. Shiver scratched his red hair and noticed that Corran was wearing Jedi robes.
    ?Master Horn??
    ?Yes.?
    ?Can you help me with something??
    ?What is it?? Corran said annoyed by Shiver?s voice.
    ?There?s a technical problem with my X-wing,? Finis informed him while he led Corran to the X-wing docked to the far left.
    Corran examined the X-wing and saw nothing wrong with the ship.
    ?Okay, I don?t see anything.? Corran threw his hands in the air in exasperation.
    ?It?s the navicomputer, sir? uh master Jedi,? Shiver told him, pointing to the controlpit.
    Corran went inside the X-wing and asked, ?What?s your password??
    ?The computer tells you,? the somewhat maddening kid replied.
    Click type nine
    Corran clicked nine and the computer said it again.
    Click type nine
    Corran pressed it again.
    Click type nine
    ?How many nines are in your password??
    ?One.?
    Click type nine,? said the lovely voice from the computer.
    ?What?s the next number??
    ?I forget. Maybe there?s a Force technique that can help.?
    ?Ask the technicians.?
    Shiver ran to a nearby tech and asked him if he could help. He then came back with beautiful tech with a slender bod. She smiled at Corran. ?Can I help you??
    ?Yeah we need help with this computer.? Corran got out the controlpit, and helped her in the X-wing. She began typing until that same lovely voice said again ?Click type nine.?
    Then she struck the computer, but that made it worse. The thing only said it quicker now.
    After three days of nonstop ?Click type nine,? Corran, Finis, and the tech came back to the ship. Corran then remembered a Force trick that could be useful. Gathering the Force around him and letting force flow through him.
    ?Uh what are you doing?? The tech whose name Corran unfortunately did not know.
    ?Force suppression.? After that was said, the ship exploded; everything, but the navicomputer that now said, ?Now press type two.?
    ?Please tell me there?s Force navicomputer suppression.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.