main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats why Han died.:p

2. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Now that the season is over, I have to say I think I enjoyed season 1 more than season 2.

Theo333 likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    One thing I noticed, neither Kanan, Ahsoka nor Yoda told Ezra that the Emperor is a Sith Lord - especially our little green friend.

4. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    If they couldn't find anything for Ahsoka to do in Season 3, boy is Rex going to be sidelined.

The only story angle I can think of is new animosity between him and Kanan, thinking Kanan dragged Ahsoka down by not being a good enough Jedi. Also the truth behind Anakin revealed to him, which I don't see happening at all.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I can second this statement.

6. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Wasn't Yoda the only one that actually knew?

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

That really bugs me; pushing the idea only Vader is a Sith Lord, when we know otherwise.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Why would Kanan and Ahsoka know? They don't. They didn't witness him with a lightsaber, Yoda's the only living Jedi who does. And Yoda didn't bother telling them since there's no point. I don't think he'd want them to have to face Palpatine.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah, better just to tell everyone to go to the Sith Temple and wait for what's coming to them.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We don't know either of these starements to be true. How do we know Yoda never told Kanan, Ahsoka,
    and Ezra?

11. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Pretty much why he sent them. Even said it in Rebels Recon. Yoda had a vision, and knew what would ultimately transpire, but they had to go anyway. So it was going to play out regardless. And the Emperor never even came in to the conversation. It's pretty common knowledge the Emperor is evil (outside of loyal Imperials that is).

12. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I don't know why Yoda sent them there, but he may have felt some urgency in the Force that told him they should be there for some reason. It's possible that if Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka were not there, Vader would have been able to get the Sith holocron. I got the impression that the existence of this holocron and the power within was something that was only recently found out, probably during when one of the Inquisitors was tracking Maul.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Filoni: Vader says, “The Emperor foresaw out meeting here.” So the Emperor and Yoda and everyone kind of knows that there’s going to be this big situation that goes on Malachor. Malachor is an important conjunction in this time for these Force wielders.

So when Ezra won’t listen to Yoda – when Yoda’s trying to warn him about this path and progression – Yoda then decides to say, “Well, I’m going to have to let this play out then and see if this kid, and Kanan, and Ahsoka can really come through.” He doesn’t know what the outcome is going to be, so that was kind of another theme that we were playing underneath everything.

So no, Yoda does not know any outcome, its just pray for the best and essentially a crap shoot. Vader's dialogue I think was trimmed on the release print, all he says I think was " it was foreseen" or something, meaning that the Emperor also expected them on Malachor and that may be why the 8th Brother was there sooner, he was a kinda recon and he stumbled upon, "the Shadow".

Most of the concentration is on the Inquisitors and Vader, I think knowing that the Emperor is the big Sith Master is very important intelligence and and of tactical worth. Killing the Inquisitors or even Vader means squat, if you can't kill the Sith Master.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't know if this has been posted but the endgame line from Maul is in Part 2 of Twilight of the Apprentice. Part 1 ends with Maul and Ezra going out of the temple and Ahsoka saying ''Maul''. Part 2 then starts with the Seventh sister saying ''So the rumors are true, Darth Maul lives''.

''What game are you playing ?
    ''The end game, Lady Tano... the end game''
    *Rebels title card*

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, I mentioned that. The online copies I watched have the End game lines plus the end credits where it was split into two episodes: while the TV airing does not have any credits it cut together but just has Maul saying the "enemy of your enemy" stuff. The "end game" lines also show what happens to Maul's cane attachment, he throws it away which was not shown in the TV airing.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  16. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    In my opinion both seasons were overall bad aside from a handful of good episodes in both.

The Shadow Emperor and fett 4 like this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah, I pretty much concur.

The Shadow Emperor and fett 4 like this.
  18. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I think a lot of Season 2's episodes could be avoided so does anyone have a list of episodes that are essential to the plot?

19. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    I skipped over like 6 episodes to the finale.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

According to Filoni, that will be answered in the following season. The "filler" episodes will actually serve a purpose eventually.

21. daniel brown

Apr 23, 2015
    I was asking because i'm rewatching Season 2 but I don't want to rewatch The Call and Legends of the Lasat. They don't affect the story at all.

22. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Well if you are only concerned with the main plot, the only episodes you'd really need are:
    • The Siege of Lothal
    • The Lost Commanders / Relics of the Old Republic
    • Always Two There Are
    • The Future of the Force
    • Shroud of Darkness
    • The Forgotten Droid / The Mystery of Chopper Base
    • Twilight of the Apprentice
    If you are concerned about the plot with Ezra's parents, you could watch Legacy and A Princess on Lothal. I would also rewatch Brothers of the Boken Horn, Stealth Strike, and Homecoming, more because I really like them than because they are necessary.

23. daniel brown

Apr 23, 2015
    Thank you for the list :)

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Legacy is where the Rebels get booted off Garel so I think it's also part of the main plot.

25. daniel brown

Apr 23, 2015
    Thanks